User Reviews for Carvedilol (Page 4)

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Carvedilol has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 160 ratings on Drugs.com. 37% of those users who reviewed Carvedilol reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

High Blood Pressure
5.5
Summary of Carvedilol reviews 5.3 160 reviews

Reviews for Carvedilol

miketdc · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Carvedilol was added to current medication, Losartan, I am taking. It is NOT helping lowering my BP. And after having taken Carvedilol for three months, I started having terrible headache (back and both sides), upset stomach (feeling nauseous) issues. I plan to ask my doctor to approve me to stop Carvedilol.”

TheDstar January 8, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I am taking generic Carvedilol for 3 days now, perhaps I should wait a week or two before I can make a fair assessment of this medication, but I felt I should start by saying that I am only on 6.25 once a day due to hypertension. Never had high blood pressure in my life even when I was pregnant and gained 105 lbs after being only 115 lbs before I got pregnant. The only things I feel as for side effects are pain in my right knee, ringing in my ears and gas. I must say that my 175/110 bp went down to 130/ 75 but does jump up during the afternoon. I am one of those people who is paradoxical meaning I get the opposite effect of every side effect. I am going to write another review after 2 weeks, but for now pretty good.”

melantha · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Carvedilol was added along with HCTZ 3/6/18, to be taken 2 x day for high blood pressure. Within the hour I started having sporadic migraine type headaches with severe " ice pick sensation" over top of head, mobilized, terrible headache pain behind eyes and back of head. Seems like chronic back pain was made worse. I feel even more tired, no energy, even less motivation, with horrible derealization. BP before was 152/90. BP later was 147/87-64. Glucose 126, 3 hrs after lunch. Migraine ice pick sensation back again, headache pain behind eyes with shooting headache at back of head at 4:12pm, BP 166/86-59. Glucose, 58, 5 hours after dinner. BP, 1:59 am 145/78-69. 2nd dose 2:20 am 140/75-69. I had taken HCTZ first, 2 hours later taken Carvedilol. My voiding seems normal, until taking Carvedilol which leaves a very noticeable decrease in voiding throughout the day and night. I also have experience feeling more cold, with hands and fingers tingling with palpitations in neck.”

Raymond Gonzales · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 23, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “My heart rate was speeding up to the point I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, it was more a problem at night when I would try to go to sleep, heart was pounding and a wave pressure in my ears was keeping me from sleeping, started medicine 3.125 mg twice daily and problem was in good control within one week, I have a blockage left side 30 to 40%, no problems since started medicine, blood pressure is in real good control, I continue EKG every 6 months. ”

new jersey September 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was fine on 25 mg Carvedilol by aurolife pharma and teva pharma, but now Walmart uses Bluepoint Pharma and it no longer controls my blood pressure. Switching back to Aurolife resolves problem caused by Bluepoint? Evidently Walmart cannot order from other distributors so I must find a different pharmacy? Humana Walmart used in non walmart pharmacy is more expensive but necessary if their product doesn't work.”

Rock · Taken for 10 years or more August 21, 2020

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “Was put on carvedilol 6.25 twice a day after having a heart attack 11 years ago. Within several months I started to have bruising in my toes with moderate pain. My toes also became ulcerated at times. Cardiologist, vascular doctor and internist never could figure out what was causing it. My cardiologist recently up my dose to 12.5 twice a day. Within a week my hands started to turn white when I washed them in cool water, and when they warmed up they turned blood red and where very painful ,BP was also going up. Looks like I have carvedilol drug induced raynaud's syndrome. Looked up what it looks like in the toes, BINGO! All these years! Turns out, its a side affect in up to 10% of people. So frustrating! Doctor lowered the dose and now I have to go in for a consult $$$.”

Anonymous December 8, 2009

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: “This Medicine had no affect on my HBP. I previously took Lisinopril, but needed to change medicines for another reason. My BP went very high (160/110) even after taking this medicine for 7 days and I had to be changed to another medicine.”

9 Lives August 18, 2019

For Heart Failure: “2 weeks into taking Coreg CR 10 mg I noticed blurring vision, felt like I was walking with a lean to the right side and dizzy kinda like after 4 beers chugged in 10 minutes and would break out in cold sweats with chest tightness. I quit for 1 day and called nurse telling her the above. She agreed no more CR at 10 mg so I switched to the 3.125 mg morning and evening dosage. Wow what a difference in how you feel and act. The reason I am on this drug is I had my lungs fill up with fluid and they have no idea the reason as to why as I was in bed and merely rolled over oxygen level tumbled down into the 60's and I had very bad wheezing and felt as if I were drowning and I know that sensation all too well. But without any form of insurance I could not have all the test most people get but I did have a nuclear stress which showed no blockages and the echo showed a EF of 34% so the diagnosis was CHF .”

Tily · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

For Heart Failure: “Dr. put me on carvedilol a few weeks ago its the worst thing I've ever taken. It causes dizziness, lightheaded and I think insomnia. I'm going to another Dr. the end of the week and see if she will take me off it.”

mmikah January 15, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “Well I'm 34 yrs old and been fighting with my blood pressure for about three years now. Partially because I was in denial about my condition and didn't want to take any medication. Well I started having headaches and chest pain and I needed to take something. My doctor put me on metoprolol 25mg and it kept my blood pressure down to a normal level but the side effects I couldn't take. Headaches, bad abdominal pains. I had to switch to something else. I've been on carvedilol 6.25mg for two days and I think its starting to work. I had pains in my chest and neck for about a week and its starting to slowly go away. If you smoke it's a bad idea to do it while on this medicine. I smoked for 14 yrs and this medicine forced me to stop and I'm thankful and healthier.”

VEAck · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2019

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “I take carvedilol for my dilated cardiomyopathy along with Lisinopril and Lasix, have been on it for awhile now haven't had all these problems if I eat before taking. But I will add I was started on a low dose and my Doctor worked me up very slowly to a higher one it seems to have worked cause my BP is very good as is my EF which is why I'm taking it. Maybe ask your Doctor to do the same thing mine did for me, slower is always better.”

Dee · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 16, 2018

For Heart Failure: “Coreg was slowly killing me and I didn't know it. I kept passing out, broke my nose, broke my back along with other injuries from just dropping. My last horrible experience was Ischemic Colitis from very low blood pressure. I was in the hospital for six days and cardiology realized my very low dose of this was dropping my BP dangerously low along with my EF dropping 15%. They switched the Coreg to Metropolol. I am no longer coughing uncontrollably, wheezing, coughing up a lot of white mucous! This was all due to Coreg! Never again!”

Anonymous January 24, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: “Cardio Dr reduced original RX to 1 6.25mg tab per day. Second day resulted in so many problems I concidered calling the paramedics. It was so bad I could not even think to call 911. Totally stopped it and had two episodes of weird Dreams that interrupted sleep.”

MeMe · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I am about to take this right now for the first time. After reading all of your reviews I must say I'm nervous. But because my BP ranges from 170/200 at times I have no choice but to try it out. I'll send another review in a few days of taking this medication. Oh, and the mg that my PCP prescribed me is 12.5mg”

ccpoodle1000 February 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “While being care giver for my dying husband I rarely remembered to take BP meds. One day I felt terrible and checked my BP. It was 120/111. Trip to doc. Put on increasing doses of Carvedilol, up to 25mg twice a day with zero results. Lowest BP 147/89 usually 190/86. Do not feel this is working and have asked doctor to try something else. Problem is systolic is much higher but diastolic is not. Doctor says my heart is good and lungs clear despite having the flu. I am 82 years old. Had a stress test two years ago, which was perfect. I am hoping she may add something to bring down the systolic. I have had few side effects”

Blticknor September 25, 2010

Coreg (carvedilol) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “My LVEF was about 20 when I started on Coreg following a massive heart attack. I have used Coreg since it first came on the market. I take 100 mg daily with no side effects. My LVEF is now between 30 and 35. My heart attack was 21 years ago. Coreg has been a "silver bullet" for me.”

dad64 April 6, 2009

Coreg CR (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: “Switched from Atenolol after many years due to usual beta blocker problems (tiredness, etc) and blood pressure wouldn't stay down long, tightness in chest and breathlessness. After 3 months on Coreg CR, tightness in chest much better, breathlessness no change, blood pressure stays down all day, but is 147/91 at night and in the morning. It is 113/57 two hours after medication, but I am also taking Isosorbide ER at the same time, which also lowers blood pressure as a side effect. Coreg CR is much more expensive, but I would rather take this anytime compared to Atenolol. Also beware of mixing these with Nasonex (no matter what they say) and any cold decongestants with phenylephrine. They will increase blood pressure.”

EMT611 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I am 24 years old, I was put on Coreg following quadruple bypass after sudden cardiac arrest. For the first month or so I felt amazing, I even went back to work on the ambulance at my 6 week mark. But then started having very bad dizzy spells and sudden spikes and drops in BP. I was readmitted to the hospital and they could not find anything, saw an ENT for possible vertigo, finally told me four days ago my PCP told me to stop the Coreg and I for the most part I'm feeling better, haven't had a dizzy spell in those four days but still haven't felt "right", been week and lightheaded. Hopefully in the next few days I can tell a major difference.”

Junkee59 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 2, 2019

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I've been on Carvedilol since June of 2018. I started off with 3.125mg and my Cardiologist just increased the dosage to 6.25 because it helps to stop the PVC's and palps I had started to experience in April of 2019. My pacemaker picked up a very small Afib event that happened in April of 2019 during my period of throwing PVC's. I started to take "Tumeric" to see if it would reduce the chronic body pain and "It Did". I also found out after I started taking it my, "PVC's Went Away". I saw my cardiologist after I started taking the Tumeric and asked him to increase my dose of "Carvedilol" and he did. This combination of Carvedilol and Tumeric worked out well for me. I haven't felt any incidences of Afib even though all the causes of the PVC's are still there. It appears any Afib, PVC's and Palps are under control but I won't know it's a sure thing for another year or more after my pacemaker is checked for events about 4 more times.”

Chris Z February 23, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: “My new cardiologist discontinued my metoprolol and started me on Coreg to help control my blood pressure My heart used to pound in my chest while on metoprolol and it was quite uncomfortable. I had cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation that was approximately 90% successful, I still had occasional heart flutter from the AF. The Corey changed all that. My blood pressure is now in normal range and I haven't had one incident of heart flutter for two months. Coreg worked well for me and I hope it will work for you.”

Rburks · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2018

For Heart Failure: “I have had always had low BP and am very active. After Mitral Valve surgery, my ejection fraction (EF) was 29. I could still play tennis and lift weights even though the doctor was not sure how. He put me on Coreg to strengthen my EF, but it has no effect because lowering low BP and whatever else it supposed to do does not work. If I had high BP, maybe it would help, but it has only gone sideways or slightly down since I have been on Coreg for 6 months. I still play tennis, etc. The medicine should not be prescribed for people with Low BP in my opinion, but was told it is what is indicated for low EF.”

Wannabe healthy · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Have Tried metropol, tried verapamil now carvedilol. I am getting horrible side effects again. Waking with headache in morning and it just stays all day. Panadol doesn't relieve it. My ears are constantly ringing like I have been to a loud music concert. I get stomach pains and nausea. Sometimes I get a buzz sensation from heart to forehead. Urinating a lot, thirsty. Just hate all these meds.”

Martuccia August 17, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “Ruined everything!after being healthy and taking Zestril for 25years for moderate blood pressure, the doctor suggested I try Coreg! Within 6-8 weeks, I passed out face down while golfing with friends! I would pass out in my chair, several times a day?!! Only two months before, I visited the Napa wine country with my son & wife. My wife was in a wheelchair, & I pushed her all through the airport, lifted luggage , ate whatever I wanted,salt was not a restriction!!! Coreg changed all thr At in 8 weeks! I ended up developing bradycardia ! (Slow heartbeat) I could it rt it back! Now they tell me I have developed amyloidosis(?) overly hat slowing my heart rate had something to do with this, no matter what they say!”

Bighooch February 21, 2018

For Heart Failure: “I started Coreg in 2006 and I found out my ejection fraction (EF) was about 30 after using cored at 3.25mg than upward to 50 mg took almost 6 months to get there now my EF is around 55-60 this is a wonderful drug and it saved my life”

Jlfonz July 8, 2016

For Heart Failure: “Symptoms using Generic: Sudden severe weakness nearly always occurring mid morning, blood pressure plummets and one time it went so low my defibrillator had to zap me. There is a difference between Coreg brand drug and generic carvedilol. I have been in the ER many times in the past because of it and they found nothing each time. Thanks to O-care coreg costs $110 out of pocket now and I cannot take the generic for very long without the side effect I stated. Cure: Short term: drink some V8. The potassium in it will help reregulate your heart quickly Long term: Pay for Coreg BRAND prescription. Well, It is very hard to afford this so what I do is take Coreg once every 3-4 days and this seems to keep the issue from occurring”