User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 17 reviews 30 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 359 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I had been watching my Bp for a while and knew it was a bit on the marginal side of high. When I finally decided to go see my Dr about it, was when it was 212/110. Couldn't get it below 186/94 no matter what I did. So, he put me on 20mg with 25mg hctz. Within the week (yesterday was one week) of being on it, my Bp at highest point is 151/86 and generally runs in the 130s over 67 to 76 at the highest. The only problem I'm having is I'm tired!"

PennySioux (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "After reading most of the other reviews I wonder if I am on proper med. I have been taking since 12/24/16. Within 2 days my b/p was very close to normal. I do have slight headache, mild confusion and some dizziness. However, headaches were worse before taking this drug and also suffered from other side effects prior to taking it. I feel the benefits outweigh the adverse effects. Thank you."

Mannymae January 2, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I don't even want to give this drug one star! I started taking this medication back in June of 2016 for only about 3 weeks and I am still having side effects to this day! My whole life changed over night. I started having heart palpitations, extreme dizziness, I lost close to 30 lbs, hair lose, swollen nose, lip, and eye, pains/pressure in the top and back of head, shortness of breathe, blurred vision, weakness, nausea, pains in my stomach, night sweats, and leg cramps, entire body felt shaky ( and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some things). Numerous trips to the ER and 8 different doctors to basically be told they don't know whats wrong with me. Take my advice and do not take this."

BLaLo (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "This medicine gave me 12 side effects and I didn't know it was my medicine , until I read the side effects. Now I know what all the stomach discomfort or other sickness I was having."

S ypsi (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I always have high BP when I go to the doctor. I guess it's called white coat syndrome. Anyway my doctor had me checking my BP and keeping track of it. It was always okay. One time I had forgot to bring in the record and boom she puts me on Lisinopril 10 mg. I think the doctors get a kick back or something. She never talks of me getting off of it either. After awhile I started having bad leg cramps. She just said I was dehydrated and to drink more water. I swear she doesn't care one way or another about my health."

sunface December 13, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "hair loss massive hair loss"

ms senkir December 10, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Lisinopril for a month. My blood pressure was under control for the first time in a long time. One morning I woke up with some swelling to my face. As the morning progressed, the symptoms got worse. It was very painful for me to swallow. I ended up going to the ER only to find I had an allergic reaction to the medicine which is common in African Americans. I ended up in the hospital for 4 days. After having some blood drawn, my liver enzyme levels were highly elevated. After being off the medication, my liver enzyme levels are going down. Now my pcp check my labs every two weeks to keep an eye on my liver enzyme levels."

MissMonica80 November 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor prescribed me 5 mg AMLODIPINE FOR HBP , my bloodpressure got even higher !!! Now i'm using Lisinopril 2.5 mg and my BP dropped from 16/11 to 11/7 !!! after stopping with the amlodipine. Now after 8 months of testing i feel alive and kicking again. Hope to get rid off the lisinopril as well by changing my lifestyle - decimate grains , yoghurt and sugar and eat more fish - salmon and other fat fish - , avocado , kaki fruit - eggs ..... Hope to live a normal life again after my 50TH birthday."

Donald Trump November 18, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Anyone ever took Lotrel for hypertension? A cardio doc prescribed Lisinopril on TOP of my already-taking Lotrel, but the pharm doc said I could NOT take both medicines without my BP crashing. Confused, I called the prescribing cardiologist who said go ahead and get the "benefit" of both drugs. I did, and wound up in an ER semi-conscious; BP systolic (top number) was 52, I forget diastolic probably because I want to! Big worry was that my kidneys had "taken a hit." Later, Lisinopril by itself wasn't as effective as Lotrel. Two lessons, (1) some doctors are incompetent, and on drug matters the pharmacist is the final authority."

Eurastus November 13, 2016

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: "I am male, 68, diabetic, 5'11 and 214 pounds. I have no blood pressure issues (I ride a bike about 60 miles per week). About three years ago my ankles started to swell showing a sock line in the morning. My new doctor thought it might be related to my kidney which lab tests showed was in the low end of normal.. My doctor prescribed 5mg of Lisinopril. Within two weeks the swelling disappeared. I do seem to have a little bit of a dry cough. I don't know if the cough is associated with the Lisinopril."

Al R. November 12, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I suffer from alcoholism binges and take atenolol, clonidine, and amloapine, as well as OTC vitamins on a daily basis. When my doctor's intern added a prescription for Lisinopril (10 mg x1 a day) it was the first time in 25 years of drinking that I had a case of Delirium Tremens (very nasty and horrifying experience). I have had alcohol withdrawal symptoms may times before and had to go to the ER a few times for a few hours while they detoxed me. But this was like nothing I have ever experienced. I couldn't stand up without falling over, and had to get around on my hands and knees. I would normally take a cab to the ER, but I wouldn't even make it to the cab. Had to call 911 for paramedics to the tune of $1250.00. No more Lisinopril for me."

Hanky_spanky (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "My husband has been now been taking Lisinopril right at 1 month, add a few days to that. The last week I noticed him complaining and dealing with some pretty rough heartburn, which just in the last 3 days has increased dramatically. He isn't one to complain about anything medical related but this has. He also has had more episodes of feeling bloated without any visible distention I could see or noticed. It's a heavy feeling that just sits there (upper middle abdomen) Well tonight or rather about 4 hours ago he had the same discomfort in upper abdomen with tenderness, bloated feeling, increase in burping, diarrhea, nausea that later progressed to vomiting. He threw up bile/green color. Can't lay down."

MHoss (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Recently diagnosed stage 1(142/92) and was put on 10mg of lisinopril. After reading the many horror stories, I was hesitant to start taking it and was going to consult the doctor about alternatives before trying. In lieu of talking with the doctor about alternatives, I decided to take a few days off and start the 10mg dosage to see how it would make me feel. Day 1 and 2, I was a little foggy and had some fatigue but the BP results were seen within 1 hour of starting (120/70) and have been taking now for two weeks with no more side effects. Beyond now taking the drug and a few lifestyle changes, I am very happy with the results. Working towards getting off this stuff within 6 months with weight loss and life changes. 51/male."

Kev 1 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Headache. Pressure in forehead.Itching. I only take the the med at bedtime, which is obvious because of other side effects as dizziness, and because I don't drive at night."

Lolar October 28, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I see people stating their bad experience with this drug, but more people should share their positive experience. I was originally prescribed Amlodipine. Number 1 - it didn't work. Number 2 - side effects were horrible - chest pain, tinnitus, you name it - made me feel horrible. After 2 months I asked the doctor to be switched to Lisinopril HCTZ 10, 12.5. After only the first pill, my blood pressure was totally normal, for the most part sticks right around 120/80. And I feel so so much better. I've been taking this for over 2 months now - love my blood pressure readings and definitely no side effects. It is so nice to feel normal again. As my blood pressure tended to spike early AM I take this at 9 pm every night - works best for me."

xizziz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

For Heart Failure: "It is the only molecule which does not raise createnine. For CKD patients it is the best and only choice"

Ratneshwar Banerjee (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I take this 20mg of this ROTTEN drug at lunch & might as well write off the rest of the day as I am a zombie. I take Diltiazem with B/D & it NEVER leaves me in a stupor as Lisinopril does. I am not a diabetic nor am I suffering from congestive heart failure which Lisinopril is commonly used for. I DESPISE this drug but for some reason my doctor feels I need it."

Black_Raven October 22, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I had headaches since around middle school several times a week. Never had a doctor who thought much about them, so I just stayed quiet and lived with them. No over-the-counter medication helped. I woke up with them. I developed high blood pressure and my doctor prescribed lisinopril 10 mg. Soon I realized I was no longer having any headaches -- zero. I'm so happy we stumbled upon this. I have told my doctor how much it has helped my headaches so that she remembers it for the next patient who might have constant headaches with no relief."

CLRN (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "About 2 years ago I found myself in a very bad Legal situation. I remember driving and not feeling well, my face felt swollen, I felt hot and very confused, this had happened several times in a couple years, but played it off as I have idiopathic Angioedema. I was just a half mile from home and was pulled over for speeding, just to mention I had had a few beers earlier. Well anyway I whited out and assaulted the Officer, I do not remember this happening what so ever. that week I went to the Dr and told him what was happening, he said that with some people lisinopril does have these effects on people therefore he changed my medication. looking through the web I also found that if you are allergic to Sulfa meds Lisinopril should not be taken."

Ric177 October 18, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "4 tablets only taken then I ended up in A&E with awful side effects including palpitations, much higher bp than before I took them, headaches, rash, feeling really ill. A&E doctor recommended stopping immediately - I had the day before! 5 days after last pill and I'm still shaky, suffering tiredness, aware of heart beats and high bp - not at all happy with bp meds - I previously was prescribed Andipole or something similar ? Only one of those and I suffered stomach cramps, palpitations, bloated belly, plus cough etc - these meds can be very dangerous and I'm refusing to try anymore but am taking even more exercise, eating healthy & hoping to reduce bp the natural way although hospital doctor didn't really think I needed themanyway!!"

Glory Bee September 21, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been using Lisinopril for several years starting at 5mg and currently at 10mg. I was being treated for marginal High Blood Pressure and have a family history of HBP. I am now 71 and had my physical 3 weeks ago and my BP was 121/71. My blood tests are well within limits and I have had no side effects. I have never smoked, exercise 3 to 4 times per week, average 2 to 3 drinks per day and live a fairly normal life."

Rreilly (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Horrible side effects. Angiodema and cough, itchy skin. Dangerous medicine."

Greghipps (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Zestril 10 mg daily, 60 year old smoker, side effects... no appetite and severe headaches with 1 week of therapy. Will change BP drug this on does not work for my head. Duration of action for 10 mg is only 4 hours of control....148/95."

Hi BP Queen September 14, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking lisinopril about 3 yrs ago for high blood pressure.I was having trouble right from the start. It did get my pressure down. But almost killed me in the process. I started of coughing first on 4th of July. It got worse as time went on.I cough so much my insides hurt.I cough up so much phlegm omg.I thought I had lung cancer. It was so embarrassing, every where I went I got stares ,and asked if I was okay or wanted water .People moved from by me ect.I had a hard time catching my breath,sleeping talking ect.I had constant asthma attacks.I had to go on steroids shots & breathing treatment. I thank God I didn't die or had any other problems from this medicine.Prays goes to those who have,this should be BAN"

Von tha Scrapper September 13, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Female age 42 - was issued this for high blood pressure, i had 5mg taken for around 10 weeks and it was the worst i have felt after a night in hosp with palpitations and irregular heartbeat, several doctors appt later i was taken off this medicine as Dr realized the side affects were making me ill ! ( Dry mouth, irregular heartbeat, Palpitations, Dizziness and the most horrible cough, bloated tummy, ) after 1 day of stopping i feel better and cough is clearing, tummy better! I only wished i had researched this medicine before! Ditch it !"

Mel0075 September 8, 2016