User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 18 reviews 29 medications

5.7
Coronary Artery Disease 2 reviews 6 medications

Summary of Lisinopril reviews 400 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "My M.D. & Cardiologist put me on Lisinopril 20MG for a year now. Got a slight reduction in BP but experienced extreme tiredness, hair loss, trouble sleeping, lower left stomach pain & later coughing producing phlegm. I didn't realize it was this drug as I was on others but after researching it, I stopped & now just take a baby aspirin. I quit as many drugs as possible & now researched supplements which seem to be getting results way beyond the Big Pharma drugs. I am really mad at Big Pharma & the way they programs our doctors!"

High bp August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Coronary Artery Disease: "Blurred vision and dizziness very bad"

Rogdo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "My Pressure was about 220 over 130 when the doctor's office sent me to the ER. I had had Lisonipril before and had lost a lot of weight so it was under control without medication. I Gained the weight back and with it the blood pressure problem.I can say for certain most of the complaints on this drug are "dose related". If your light headed and feel like you're tired you need a lesser dose. HIgh Blood pressure, versus low blood pressure, will make you feel bad or feel like garbage. Feeling great with hIgh BP is not good, is merely you got used to a different pressure. Others complaining are attributing side effects to other diseases like infections or other things. My pressure is reduced to 150/82 effectively."

Effective BP medicine (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "2 weeks into lisinopril. ED had just started, dizzy, BP only a bit lower."

male 56 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I had high BP (150-100). I was put on Lisinopril 10mg and the effect was not enough to lower my BP to normal levels. My doctor increased the dose to 20mg but after 1 week I had to stop because of the horrible hair loss I experienced. After 4 months without taking this medicine I have not recovered my lost hair. I would not recommend it."

tafte (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed this drug recently by my Dr. for treating my High Blood Pressure. In Reducing BP it was wonderful and I went from a BP of 143/105 to 95/71 using one of the lowest doses of this drug (5mg). However, I felt dizzy and faint and feeling like I was going to pass out and was afraid to take a second dose. I was sweating so much, even in my sleep. And that night I woke up sweating and with dry mouth and a strange cough was beginning to appear in my lungs. I knew all this dehydation could not be good for my recently diagnoses CKD and so I stopped using it immediately. Within a few days I felt back to my normal self. Still I don't know the extent of internal damage caused by using it just once. I have decided to reduce my BP through"

TheEnlightenedOne (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this medicine one time and ended up at ER blood pressure spiked too 188\130.I had pounding headache my heart was racing and I was so dizzy I couldn't walk got to ER was rushed straight to back then I started vomiting from the pain I was having from my headache... The doctor told me to stop this medicine immediately I wouldn't recommend anyone to take this medicine."

A jordan (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I am extremely sensative to prescriptions/medications. I do not take anything on a daily basis, but do take Advil, Musinex, and Aspirin as needed. After only a few days of taking 10mg I am so weak/tired I cannot function or drive. I am always "tired" but this is different. The first things that I noticed were SEVERE lower right back pain, tingling/numbness in my hands and feet, nausea, and ringing in my ears. Now I have swelling, a bad taste on the back of my tongue, slight shortness of breath, but if I am active it is bad and my heart pounds, burning pain similar to heart burn, and extreme weakness. I am not on others meds and did not have these symptoms until after I took this. I have only taken 3 pills in total."

Sickchick71 July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed 10-20mg daily for high blood pressure. I do believe it did what it was supposed to do, and much more. While taking it, I developed a very annoying throat tickle which was accompanied by excessive mucus production in my throat. This would happen during the day and also went on all night to the point I would wake up literally gagging until I got it all hacked up. It got progressively worse the longer I took it and my wife was at her wits end with my excessive snoring. Also, I found that I was much less alert while on the drug to the point I rear ended at car on my commute to work one morning. I would highly advise anyone to take this medication with extreme caution. I have since stopped taking and all side effects are gone."

Rickey Bobby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Lisinopril for 6 months. I started having a dry cough around 4 months ago. I cannot live like this. I am also tired all the time. I notice other people have said this happened to them after taking Lisinopril. I really don't like this medicine and want to stop taking it as soon as possible. Bad drug."

skye_solo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: "My GP Doctor changed my blood pressure medicine from 5mg Amlodipine Besylate/50mg Metoprolol to 5mg Lisinopril/50mg Metoprolol to protect my kidneys. Over a forty day period my Lisinopril dosage was increased in stages from 5mg to 40mg in an attempt to get the same BP results I had with Amlodipine. Prior to taking Lisinopril my blood pressure was around 135/75. As the amount of Lisinopril was increased my blood pressure kept increasing. After 40 days it was around 175/85 (maximum 200/100). I take my blood pressure 3 -4 times per day. I experienced increased confusion, tiredness, dizziness, weakness and constipation as the dosage of Lisinopril was increased. I went back on Amlodipine and made an appointment with my Cardiologist."

Jerrs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure went from 150/95 to a consistent 120/75 in no time. Probably the most effective medicine I ever took. No side effects whatsoever. This medicine has the potential to save your life if you are living with high blood pressure."

Joelm2006 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "After a week of taking Lisinopril, I started coughing, a productive cough. My doctor prescribed anti-biotics and allergy meds and I took them for almost a month with no relief. He then prescribed steriods and a cough med with codeine. I was okay for a week but my productive coughing came back. I told my doctor it maybe caused by Lisinopril but he said that the side effect of it is dry cough but mine is productive cough. After 3 months, my doctor said I could seek for a 2nd opinion and referred me to an ENT for a laryngoscopy. The result, my nose and throat are normal. The ENT doctor told me my coughing was due to Lisinopril. I stopped taking Lisinopril and after 2 weeks my coughing stops. I hate Lisinopril."

Rhinah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Taking this medication for a few months eczema started to appear in many parts of my body. I stopped it to see if that was the cause, and voilà! Eczema gone, took two more doses after three days and the eczema started right back up; the marks are there after a month of not taking it. It did not lower my BP that much anyway."

Fifi1 June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Severe intestinal angio endema began within 2 weeks of taking this drug. Caused an anal fissure which is extremely painful and had to be cauterized. All symptoms disappeared within a week of discontinuing this drug. Not sure if it matters, but my blood type is AB-."

severe reaction (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking it for 2 years but feel very tired and need many times to nap in mod afternoon Vision has become blurry especially in the mornings after taking the pill Can anybody tell me if this pill should be in the morning ? Stool has softened but is is not the problem I am very worried specially after reading these reviews ....perhaps I should seek alternate options"

FernandoL June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Tired all the time, asleep more than awake. My legs are tired and aching so much they prevent me walking"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug gave me drug induced lupus"

Christine Stetson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "After taking this medicine for some 2 years I started to get swelling in the eye areas. Twice it just swelled up around the upper eye lids. Last night, during the night it swelled up completely the other eye, went to emergency room and the whole time I thought it was just allergies. The doctor said it was lisinopril and if I don't stop taking it, it could swell up the neck area and close off the breathing. If you are having this swelling, be sure to tell your doctor."

58 year male May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this for literally years. One day I started swelling. Got a horrible rash and was told I have Angeoedema because of the Lisinopril. Not only that I was told I may have this thing come back for years to come. I am diabetic so the steroids they use to treat the Angeoedema cause my sugars to go dangerously high. I find this unacceptable. The Doctor at the hospital told me this is common. This drug is dangerous and the company knows it and down plays this common complication as if it were rare."

Anonymous May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I started on 10 mg a few months ago and its lowered my BP some, but not enough. No noticed side effects and tomorrow I go back to Dr to see if I should up the dosage."

Kjls joan May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Beware I felt same like my heart was racing I just took it for 2 weeks then I just got off it but I just learned not to quit it all at once could be very dangerous slowly get off pill ask your doctor this pill is very bad horrible I haven't felt the same since I took it beware"

Anonymous April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this for high blood pressure I felt lightheaded like I was gonna faint Then I had a lot of gas and loose stools Lethargic sick feeling I skipped a day So felt a lot better decided to try again Today took it at noon I just kept feeling weaker and weaker I could barely walk I had awful gas in my chest was tight I felt awful all day all night I only took a half Of a 10 mg each time I am not taking this again no thanks I would rather have high blood pressure I felt better then lol"

A54ok April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "In 1 week I had Joint pain, back pain, confusion, mood swings, loss of vision, panic attacks, out of body sensations. Doctor asked me to describe exactly why I wanted off of this medicine: Best way I can describe it is.. "it's like I'm taking poison". No joke. Beware."

Ry322111 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I been taking lisinopril about 3 months ago I have to said it works for me until now, I been having body aches, stomach pain, dry cough and also confusion..I haven't take it for the last couple of day and my blood pressure is 156/91 I'm afraid to take it again..I've been trying home remedies to lower my blood pressure..beware of this medication!!"

Joanne70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017