User Reviews for Lisinopril

5.5

Coronary Artery Disease

Summary of Lisinopril reviews 5.7 481 reviews

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been using Lisinopril for nearly a month. It has slightly reduced by BP and I haven't been getting headaches which is a major plus. The only downside I've noticed is the stuffy runny nose and horrible dry hacking cough. I will ask my Dr for something else. I can't even sit through a meeting without disturbing everyone."

AnythingElse (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Very bad drug. Had this rapid heartbeat out of the blue which in turn, had to go to emergency room on 3 occasions over a 3 month period. After, finding out my blood work was ok, heart was in good order after a couple of stress tests, then I thought I should get an endoscopy ( I do have gerd). After, the results on gets ok ( negative), I knew it had to be the medicine. Just a debacle."

Randy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Very hoarse voice. Tickle in the back of throat, lots of mucus/coughing I'm on antibiotics for 3 days now, still no improvements. I though I had a cold with just coughing and mucus for the previous 7 days. Finally realized it's a side effect of this bp med. This morning was the last dose on this lisinopril. Bye lisinopril I need my voice back please."

Bee (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Do your own research. Ask a lot of questions. Don't believe the official talking points. The FDA will not be be able to protect you. If you are experiencing an unexpected spike in blood pressure or other issues it could be the manufacturer and not the Lisinopril."

Mao jr December 30, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on this medication for about 3 years and I've never had a problem with it. My blood pressure was controlled. One day I suddenly broke out with small bumps and welts, swollen bottom lip, swollen hands, and my throat hurt. My husband took me to the urgent care center and from there I was taken to the emergency room at the hospital via ambulance. I couldn't believe this was happening. I knew it was something wrong but did not think it was too serious to be taken to the hospital. I was given benadryl thru an I..V. and other meds. Advised me to stop taking lisinopril immediately and put me on a different blood pressure medication. I have an appointment with my PCP next week. The swelling has completely gone away but the itching is still in effect."

mspaula702 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "My Migraines have gone from 6 to 10 a year to 1 to 2 every 5 years since taking Lisinipril. I also have noticed that if I start to get the aura before a migraine and take 2 Lisinipril during the aura phase. I only get a small headache that is easily controlled with Tylonal"

T (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 25, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I wasn't told that Lisinipril would prevent migraines which I have been plagued with and paid out of pocket oh, so much money for prescriptions for many years. Within 5 days I wondered why I had not yet had a headache. Each day, waiting, questioning, finally googled it. My suspicions were correct. I started Lisinipril 17 days ago and have not had a headache in 15 days. I had averaged a migraine every 2-3 days. If I was really lucky I might, just might go 4 days. So???? Curious way my Dr. didn't mention it knowing my history, but who cares. Praying it remains this way and thank you, God for this new lease on life."

san (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on cardizem since I was 15 yrs old it was okay up until the last 2 years. I started having stomach problems... So my doctor switched me to Zestril (linsinopril) at the beginning of December. I have only been on it a couple of weeks and it has lowered my BP. But the side effects are horrible.. I cough constantly, itchy, chest pains, I already have joint problems and it has made my joints a lot worse, I constantly feel nauseous now. I feel like I'm shivering all the time. My insomnia is horrible, Anxiety is thru the roof, I feel like I'm going to pass out, my vision gets blurry, depressed feeling. I honestly feel like this medicine has taken more from me than the high blood pressure"

Damo RUN (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on Lisinopril as a second medicine with my Toprol Succinate. I stayed on it nine days and it really made me sneeze, plus itch so bad on my entire back.(not broke out at all) .....you know get up out of bed and scratch on the door jamb!! And still have reoccurring pain with shingles from l0 years ago under bra line. and I called doc and told him I was quitting. I had to stay so close to the bathroom to pee every 1/2 hour for most of 2 days after quitting."

Jeannie December 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Wow! I was on 5mg amlodipine for years for borderline high BP and it didn't lower my BP much at all if any. I switched to low dose 2.5mg linsinipril and it dropped BP like a hammer. Rock solid perfect BP. I have zero side effects so this is a keeper for me. I was on a higher dose of 20mg and it gave me bad side effects feeling like crap. But 2.5mg works for me."

hjs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "My experience with lisinopril was a short one. I have had slightly elevated BP since I was in my early 20's but never did anything about it until I was in my late 30's. I was given low dose lisinopril first. I took it maybe 3 months which was my scheduled follow-up with my doctor. Almost immediately after I started taking it, the coughing began. No other side effects that I am aware of. I told the doctor about the cough and he switched me to a low dose of losartan. Cough was gone immediately. That was over 10 years ago and no issues at all with losartan and it works as intended for lowering my BP."

iconoclast (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "Since I started having slightly high blood pressure a few years ago my doctor put me on lisinopril. I was also having severe migraines and she told me that the tablets would help decrease them. Miraculously they worked and apart from the odd headache I was fine. I stopped taking them when my pressure seemed stable (it's never worryingly very high anyway) and sure enough my migraines returned. My blood pressure was normal so I was put on different types of medicines with all the most negative side effects under the sun to try to keep the migraines at bay but they didn't help other than make me groggy and sick. I asked my doc to put me back on the lisinopril when my pressure went back up (slightly) and the migraines disappeared!!!! I don't know if my migraines are connected to my slightly high blood pressure or if it's the lisinopril that keeps them away but I will never ever stop taking it again."

Nija (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 15, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was started on Lisinopril 8 months ago for high blood pressure. In the beginning it worked great at lowering my blood pressure but after sometime I started noticing that I felt tired all the time and has absolutely no energy. Around month 7 I started breaking out in hives, itching and feeling like bugs were crawling on me and was extremely dizzy when I would stand up and developed a cough that wouldn't go away. I saw my doctor and told him everything that was going on and he switched me to Losartan and I'm praying I don't experience any bad side effects with it."

Lissa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Just rec'd report of blood work for upcoming physical in Dec. Little stumped... Potassium high BUN and Creat high. Long story short I have been on Lisinopril for a couple of years with no problems...or so I thought. Increased to 40mg about 6 months ago. Vision changes, significant...but I also had a near fatal truck accident....so were the visual changes from the crash???or the anti-hypertensive??? Also increase in really bad anxiety...oh so lovely - the kind where you feel like you could jump out of your skin. Now not to be a downer, yes the med brought my B/P down and for that alone I am very grateful. I am just annoyed that the possible side effects were not shared. Also increased heart rate, palpitations, sweating...(so enjoyable) yep done whining will call doc. tomorrow."

beachgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Not working at all. I had valve repair in June. BP was fine until August then it started to go up. I also monitor it daily. Was put on Coreg first and still am on it. Last visit 3 weeks ago they also put me on Lisinopril 10 mg. Has not done a thing to help none of my numbers are lower and are the same as when just on Coreg. Fortunately am not experiencing side effects. Going back next week for the Doctor's to play their game of "Dart Board" medications and see what they put me on next."

Ackack October 3, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I am a 65 year old in good health but have slightly elevated blood pressure. I am on no other meds. Started taking 10mg of Lisinopril about 2 months ago. While my blood pressure was reduced to an average 117/75 the side effects of this meds got progressively worse. Dry cough, weakness, nodding off at mid day than insomnia at night, worse starting having anxiety issues. Now instead of a ACE I'm taking a ARB Olmesartan 10mg. Blood pressure is good and no side effects. DON'T TAKE ACE's when an ARB is just as good for high blood pressure but with out the side effect issues. I don't understand why doctors start patients on ACE's when ARB's work the same without side effects."

Tech (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "10 mg lisinopril caused a modest decrease in my blood pressure on average. Down 5 points (or more) on average for the systolic. Not much change in the diastolic numbers. Side effects are non-existent. No coughing for me."

bash-terminal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on 5mg lisinopril for years and it wasn’t doing much so increased to 10mg which sorted my BP out brilliantly, however within weeks an horrendous cough which worsened over months, constant skin itching and sluggish feeling as well. Doctors have now changed me to Candesartan (reviews are only average) but I have to lower BP as it’s hereditary, start today and will keep u posted."

Sharon (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "BP med I was one was Valsartan but was recalled. Started on lisinopril 40mg. Worked great! Good BP numbers, maybe too low. So after visiting with pharmacist, cut pill in half to 20mg. Worked great. Then ... after a week the dry coughing started. After a month I was coughing off and on all night and multiple times during the day. Worn out. I returned to the doctor who changed my prescription to Losartan, which I have taken for five days. The doctor and nurse—and pharmacist—all said coughing is a common issue with Lisinopril. I would give the pill an 8 for how well it works for BP, yet downgraded it to 5 due to coughing. Nonetheless, I would not take this pill again. As with all medications, I’m sure it works for some; not for others."

LoveLife (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Doctor put me on lisinopril 20 mg to reduce my BP, was in the 180’s-190’s systolic. Genetic. Took it for 4 months, BP dropped drastically to 105/50’s. After exactly 4 months broke out in severe hives, never itched so badly. Doc thought was contact dermatitis but I had read about hives from lisinopril so went off it. Now on amlodipine for past 4 days, no more welts but still adjusting. Dizzy but hope that subsides."

Jude (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This medicine has help me a lot after 30 days 120/80 is my bp... that is the best snake venom I ever had. I will keep on taking this medicine..."

J bo (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Took my first 10mg dose yesterday about 11am. Felt good all day, Blood pressure (BP) was down and thought I’d be good- then the nausea started about 8pm, with severe stomach cramps / pain starting about 9 pm and getting worse as the night went on. Did not sleep at all due to the pain. Contemplated going to ER which I’ve never done before. About 3:30-am one episode of diarrhea. Convinced it’s the med, as I felt fine before- and doesn’t feel like your typical stomach bug. The cramps are what sets it apart. Terrible. Finally started to dissipate about 6am and I got a couple hours of sleep. Just ate a piece of toast now and Gatorade.. hoping it continues to get better today- I’m NOT taking another dose. I’ll have to wait til Monday now to call the dr office and tell them. I am going on vaca tues and am not taking a chance that I’ll be sick! I’m going to continue to research more natural ways to lower my BP and maybe try CoQ10."

Bellesmom (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Lost my eyesight to this drug."

12093 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was given lisinopril for CHF (chronic heart failure) and high bp following a serious CHF problem that went undetected for a year. I gained 22 lbs in one year. I had no strength to do any work, no desire to do anything socially and felt weak all the time. I slept only four hours at night. I was quickly angered at the slightest irritation. Family said I was a different person. My doc changed my meds and now I feel like my old self. I now have to get my liver and kidney checked as I now have a urine problem."

1 maddad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I started Lisinopril because my blood pressure was a little high. The first thing I noticed after a week was that I had not had ONE migraine in that time. Usually I suffer 2-3 a week and sometimes much more. I am no longer planning my life around migraines! Lisinopril has cured my migraines."

Lilly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018