User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 3)

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 15 reviews 32 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 316 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on it 20mg now for 3 months. Seems to be working. Got to be careful bending over and coming back up quickly, lightheadedness. Also the "lisinopril cough" is kind of annoying at times."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was 150/110 so they put me on one a day. BP went back to normal. However, this causes me some stomach discomfort and makes me lightheaded. The big problem though is the fatigue. I can't do very much work on this and it's like I feel I always have to sit or lay down. I might as well use cannabis, which also lowers BP without the side effects. I had to give it a high rating though because it's doing what it is supposed to do."

DZ313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril has actually worked very well at lowering my BP, but it really wasn't that high to begin with (140/84), now I am pretty much consistent at (128/79), sometimes lower. My only issue with the drug, is the constant lightheaded feeling, especially in the mornings, when I am extremely dizzy. I tried to stop taking lisinopril, but my body reacted strange. My Systolic was good, but my Diastolic was above 85, and my legs felt like they were on fire and weak. I am going to speak to my pcd tomorrow about this."

Dante311 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Dry cough that causes me to gag and dry heave. A bit embarrassing when giving a presentation or at church or in a restaurant. Have the runs and itching like other folks mentioned and some new headaches but heck, I might not have a heart attack! So, I am taking my chances with high blood pressure and will take a short quality of life over the misery of the drug."

Fatterboy September 26, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Caused my throat to swell and close preventing breathing. Almost killed me."

LionessLion September 21, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Oh my goodness.. I am 34 was 20 weeks pregnant and developed high bp. delievered my still born at 24 weeks was on metorprolol and norvasc to maintain.. once Delivered bp seemed to level out some. dr released. bp went crazy with no meds. went to fam dr. he prescribe linisopril. bp still high and increasing. he increased.med. and added metoprolol back. headache hurt all over hard to speak with out thinking how to speak first. hurt in upper back.stomach aching, slept alot, numbness tingling in arms and hands, gained weight, anxiety. took norvasc and skipped linisopril headache lots better not completely gone with first dose aching else where gone. numbness lots better. no confusion when speaking no anxiety,"

honeytree3t (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "took it for 3 days and thought I was dying. My left leg was killing me in pain, I had a headache all 3 days, I started a dry cough and my chest was tight and my heart rate was up to 105. I felt overall lousy and didn't even want to get dressed. I know it takes a minute for the body to get used to meds but this is not something I wanted to go through for one more day."

socalmom69 September 14, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Took this medication recommended by my doctor for hyper tension. Prescribed 10mg once a day. The second night of taking this ACE inhibitor I ended up in the E.R. The first night I took it I felt funny but figured this was a normal because my body was trying to adjust. That night I woke from a dead sleep and couldn't catch my breath. I passed out and woke up to my girlfriend (God bless her heart) shaking me. All I know is it really scared me and made me question a lot of things about my health choices and life. No one I love will be taking this medication. I feel like I could have died but know my body's safeguard mechanism kept me alive. Do not take."

C-Robbin September 12, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taken this for 5 years now and all of a sudden it felt like i was going in to anaphylactic shock but 10 × Worse I ended up at the ER because my EpiPen would not work it turns out it was from the lisinopril they said that I could be taking this for 30 years or just take it once and this could happen I tell you what I'm never taking it again"

Anonymous August 18, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 1/2 pill of 5mg of Lisinopril for a month, I am itching like crazy, weird, no rash that i can see. But itch head to bottom of feet every day, night, minute. my bowel is light yellow and have dirreah for 1 month now and have zero energy, can't breath, and can't function. back on Amplodine Was trying to get on a kidney friendly medicine but it is not working for me."

JClifton (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Lisinopril for two months. It worked in lowering my blood pressure, but I felt horrible. I was anxious, had mild tight headaches every day, didn't want to go to work, my motor coordination was slightly jerky, I had a dry cough occasionally, my heart beat very hard inside my chest, and I became out of breath just walking short distances. I'm sure this affects everyone differently, but I thought it would do serious damage to my insides, and I kind of like my insides to work properly. I still have slight jerky movements in my arms. I'm hoping this goes away soon."

Destiny242 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Lisinopril (5mg) daily for 1-1/2 years, as prescribed by my primary care physicial, to lower my blood pressure. I initlally experienced a persistent, dry cough, which the pharmacist that filled the prescription warned me about, but found that by drinking more water, I was able to eliminate the cough. Aside from the cough, there have been no other adverse side effects associated with taking Lisinopril, and my blood pressure is now within a normal healthy range."

JamesC1968 July 24, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Good medication. Very little dryness of the mouth and other side effects absent. I have been taking for 5 years now. BP stays within accepted bounds using 20mg dosage."

Urick July 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Been very helpful been using for 15 years I had to double the dose and I may have to double it again"

refdmonte (taken for 10 years or more) July 17, 2015

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "Gradually dry cough increased to heavy coughing especially at night after one week of taking"

Rose Mc (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Was diagnosed with mild hypertension 3 months ago and my doc put me on the drug at 10m per day. So far, it has moderated my BP, and working fine for me. I haven't experienced any of the coughs and side effects that I've been reading about."

SlimDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I had an allergic reaction from this medication. It blew my face up, made my break out in a real bad rash"

Maximillion67 May 27, 2015

For Heart Attack: "Had a Major Heart Attack, 3 stents, thank heavens no heart damage! This medication keeps my blood pumping great and heart relaxed. No side effects for 5 years I know of."

Quando62 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on several bp meds all giving me side effects. I was on lisinopril 10mg, but my bp was too high so they upped it to 20mg, but it's still high. I am having tons of side effects. Nonstop headaches, lightheaded, limb tingling, aching, swelling, left arm pain, feet pain, constant congestion, chest discomfort, back pain, anxieties. I need to get them to change it before I have a stroke or heart attack."

littlerunt May 18, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking lisinopril for about 4 years as a preventative to the medication I take for my type 2 diabetes. My dosage started at 10mg and 12.5 hctz. I also have anxiety issues. I've read most of the comments here, and my side effects were very minimal with the exception that my hair became very thin and the texture changed. Has anyone else experienced this? I couldn't take it anymore due to becoming dependent on wigs and weaves. My doctor changed me to Losartan HCTZ 50-12.5. I am praying my hair will grow back."

laditea (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking 10mg Lisinopril 5 years ago. It worked to lower my HBP along w/ 100mg Metoprolol (110/70), and I only had a very minor cough. BUT I finally figured out after 5 years that it caused all of my MAJOR stomach issues over this time. We couldn't figure it out, so I gave up and cut a ton of foods out of my diet, which was miserable. I was switched to Losartan and my stomach issues went away OVERNIGHT and I'm able to eat like a normal person again. Lisinopril inflamed my GI tract and caused it to hurt constantly. I found out this could be called "intestinal angioedema" but my doctors are skeptical. It lowered my blood pressure, but I'm glad to be off of it and on something else that works just as well w/out side effects."

nckhella May 2, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking lisinopril over a month and a half ago%u2026 at first I noticed the dry cough, but I also noticed that my blood pressure has gone down to within normal levels. I was initially happy with the results, but then I started noticing some serious sexual dysfunction. I was unable to achieve or maintain an erection, and I never had this problem before in my life. I quit taking it for a week or so and then I noticed my libido was back to its normal levels. Started taking it again, and then noticed that I was unable to have erections, maintain them, and I had absolutely no sex drive. Needless to say, I am a sexually active adult male, and I cannot live this way, neither can my wife. I stopped taking lisinopril again, and will talk to Dr about another one"

RichdMan April 28, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I've had severe headaches/migraines about twice a month since I was about seven years old. As an adult, my headaches were brutal: 36 hours of feeling like I'd been shot in the left eye, and NOTHING helped. I always had low-to-normal blood pressure until it jumped up post-menopause despite my being thin, active, a non-smoker, etc. The hypertension meds I tried either made my headaches worse or made me so tired I could barely get out of bed. Lisinopril also made me tired, but to a degree that I figured I could live with. A few months later, I realized I hadn't had a headache since I'd started taking it. Fifteen months later I am still migraine-free. Unbelievable!"

Adelthea17 April 19, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "At 27 this was the first medication doctor prescribed for blood pressure. I had shortness of breath, headaches and rapid heart rate. I was only on it a week, I just couldn't tolerate it"

yaya27 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Early this year my blood pressure just went up and stayed there. 199 over the 96. Some days lower but still 148 over 90. Been on low dose Lisinopril for a month. Now blood pressure is nev128 more than 126 over 80 or under 96 over 60. Left arm still hurts like a Charlie horse. Never had a migraine before or after. I'm 49, white male. Eating about 1860 calories and averaging 3 miles a day not including gym time."

DanthemanO March 21, 2015