User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 3)

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 17 reviews 30 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 359 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "Dangerous for me. It raised my BP from 144/89 to 188/119 fairly quickly. It caused a dull headache. I feared stroking out. I stopped using it immediately."

am401 June 14, 2016

For : "Took years for me to figure out what was causing the intestine/stomach damage. I have been off of it for 2 weeks now. The pain has gotten better but there may have been permanent damage. I wakeup in the morning in terrible pain and having to run to the toilet because of diarrhea. I can't leave the house for several hours till my stomach starts feeling better. While taking the drug the pain became so bad and so constant that I had planed on suicide. It is the worse pain I have ever had. I could get up at 5am and not able to leave my house till around 2pm. I was in so much pain and diarrhea I was forced to retire. I would have to drink half a bottle of kopectate and take 3 imodiums to leave my house. I was exhausted all the time."

taxpayinghorse (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been taking imitrex for migraines 8 to 12 times a month for as long as I can remember and taking excedrine on almost a daily basis for milder headaches. I started Lisinopril 10mg for mildly elevated blood pressure 2 months ago and haven't taken either Imitrex or Excedrine since. Very happy with the results. I haven't experienced the cough that some have, so for me this has been a great experience."

DerekB (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Fall 2015 noticed b/p was staying in the 140/95 range. Dr put me on Lisinopril 20 mg & metoprolol 100 mg. B/p went down to 130/90. I soon noticed my energy was low, I felt like my body was made of lead. I couldn't even stand long enough to take a shower. But the holidays approached & I figured it was just adjusting, cold winter, etc. I had extreme depression, massive anxiety, insomnia. Basically confined to my bed. Went to the Dr again & again & she just looked at me & smiled again. I couldn't take anymore. I went off both slowly. I feel 75% better after 2 days! Now I'm trying to reverse this nightmare of being sedentary & what it has done to my body. I never knew you could loose this much muscle & become exercise resistant so quickly."

Mari G. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started on 2.5 mg one year ago for bp 160/90. Had the dry cough, not much lower bp. Went on 5 mg after a few months. Bp was all over the place, high, low, everywhere in between. After about 10 months on it, I realized that it must the reason I feel like crap. No energy, muscle aches, dizziness, weight gain of 10 lbs. even with working out and eating healthy. I feel like I've aged 20 years in the past 12 months. Every joint in my body ACHES, even the tips of my fingers and toes. Cut back to 2.5 mg and feel a little better. Looking for natural alternatives to this stuff."

Robinnsnest (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Dr added this to lower my marginal BP from 135 140 range. However, my BP went up immediately to 170 range. After a week, I stopped the lisinopril took amlodpine and it went down to 120's within a couple of hours?"

Don M (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure has been around 165/93..it has been running this high even tho Im on hcz 25 mg 2x day and propanonol 25 mg 2xday. So my md put me on this med on top of the other 2 Ive been on it a few days..my mouth has been extremely dry..headache plus my bp was 86/53 this am...guess what its Saturday and it makes me itch"

???mds May 21, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "So far it is working the only side effect was a dry cough for about a week"

summer com May 15, 2016

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: "I have taken Lisinopril for years, 10 mg. Just recently my kidney doctor raised me to 20 mg. This did not work because it gave me diarrhea. So now they have changed me to losartan 50 mg. I am still having diarrhea. So now the doctor needs to figure out what to give me that will help my blood pressure but NOT give me diarrhea."

Anonymous May 15, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I started 10 mg once a day 2 weeks ago for hbp of 160/90. From day one, I had severe headaches. Then I started getting aches and pains, kind of flu like feelings. Then the muscle cramps started. Now for 4 days, I have been vomiting and have almost zero urine output even though I am making myself drink 120 oz of water a day. I never thought of this medicine causing these side effects until my husband asked me if it could be whats causing me to feel bad. So, as of today, I emailed my Dr and I am stopping Lisinopril after looking up all the side effects. I'll deal with the hbp!"

Nonna2seven (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was started on 10mg a day and immediately was coughing all night & day with a dry mouth and itchy throat. The coughing makes me sound like an 80 yr old smoker and I don't smoke. It did nothing for my bp so they doubled my dose to 20mg. Now I am constantly off balance feeling, cloudy thinking, anxious, body aches, and I drink tons of water but my mouth and throat are unbelievably dry. I feel better with high bp and no drugs."

CarinS37 May 3, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this for almost 2 months. So far my BP is down about 10-15 points. I had a sore due to a post nasal for the first week but I cannot be sure that it was the medication and not something else. So far it works for me."

KennyGman April 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking lisinopril about five years ago and it worked beautifully. About a year and a half ago, I suddenly started feeling OLD (I'm 57). But I felt 80 in spite of a healthy fairly active lifestyle. I developed depression for the first time ever, memory issues, joint pains. All attributed to age. Muscle aches, insomnia. Now I am, out of the blue, being told I have GERD, which came on suddenly a month ago. I am thinking it might be the mediction. Its the one medication I take and I have no major health issues. But the decline over the past year has been significant."

jeez (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking Lisinopril for almost a week now, so far so good my readings before meds was the highest at 173/99 now running normal low in the morning and average in the afternoons. Working out 5-6 times per week lost 12 lbs so far. Not really into meds like that would like to be off completely in a few months. Headaches from time to time, or more like pressure in head. Muscles aches, but maybe due to working out(body is not used to being taken care of) trying to quit smoking as well, cause bp to rise. Drinking about 10 cups of water per day, add lemon for flavor. Over all happy as of right now. Read some of the side affects, will be on a look out for them as well."

SofarsoGood2016 April 21, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril caused all sorts of nasty side effects including raynaud's, muscle spasms and cramping, joint and muscle pain, tinnitis. None of the Dr believed the drug would do that so I kept taking it. I was diagnosed with MS and peripheral neuropathy. Symptoms except for Tinnitis stopped when I stopped taking Lisinopril."

robin247 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Worst drug I have ever put in my body. I was on 20/25 for months with little change to my bp..it was running 150/90 consistently. MD bumped my dosage up to 20/12.5 twice a day and I feel awful. My head aches so bad about 45 minutes after taking it and my blood pressure shoots up midday to around 179/90. Ive never experienced blood pressure spikes like this and when it goes up I feel like my head is in a vice. MD also prescribed Metopropol 50 mg ER a few days ago but Im trying to make lifestyle changes to get off of these meds. Its affected my quality of life and somedays I am tempted to just go without taking them though I am aware how stupid it would be. Horrible horrible drug."

Tigger0228 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2016

For Heart Attack: "Having been taken to the hospital for an arythemia, doctor prescribed many drugs including this one. Taking it since March 8,2016 and am always tired, no desire to do anything and am in bed by 8pm. I only take 2.5mg. Doctor says I'm doing well but have to contact him."

willthiseverworkforme April 15, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started this drug one week ago today. 5 mg a day. Have had a headache ever since. Blood pressure has been low most of the time except in the middle of the day for some reason, it can shoot up the 130's and 140's. Early in the day and evening its in the 110's or lower. I also take 25 mg of metoprolol (for years). Headaches are getting worse so I 'm going to call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can try something else."

Ohmyheart (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Only been on this a couple days and I have headache and my throat feels dry and swollen."

Hudsongrl (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Before this pill I had 140/90, doctor suggested to take 5 mg of this drug, took first day at night... no changes, next morning I was 170/103 (never experience high before), felt so miserable, migraines, lightheaded, I thought I was dying, dizziness, I even threw up for the first time in my life... called my doctor and he prescribed metoprolol, it worked way better... I am now exercising and losing weight to get rid of these drugs soon."

Sonora (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "This medication has lowered my BP somewhat, but this medication is flat out making me cough my self to death. it is awful. My BP had a hard time coming down to a normal reading and the MD gave me the along with another BP medication to see if it would get it under control, but the side affects are just killing me....."

Cutie Kiaa March 27, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking this 6 months ago for hbp. I have no energy and could literally lay around all day. I'm in bed by 8pm wake up still exhausted. After reading the reviews here I have decided to stop taking it...period. I feel much better with hbp!"

Billy pines (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking this medication 10 milligram for a year-and-a-half my blood pressure dropped and my severe migraine headaches that I've had since childhood also stopped. No side effects except a little itching every so often"

Topps7 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have the type of BP that will shoot up in the doctor's office, even if I go in for a hang nail. Yes, it was somewhat high at home 130's/80-90. I was put on 20, and hated that the quality of my life is terrible due to exhaustion/tiredness/sleepiness from the pill. I insisted on trying 10 mg, but of course my BP jumped up in the doctor's office. I'm back on 20, but I don't know if it's worth living this way. The tiredness makes me depressed and makes me feel old. When I quit the pills, the sleepiness goes away. I'm not really overweight, but I'm going to try to lose more to see if that helps. I do exercise, but in the winter, I often don't do as much and the exhaustion doesn't help."

Not really happy... (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 20, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Being on that med kept my bp right for a long time,but it also caused my kidneys to fail.So make sure you have your M.D.pay close attention to your BUN and your creatnine levels.You pay attention to it as well.All beta blockers cause a problem if you stay on the same one for an extended period of time.Don't let the Dr.tell you nothing about what you should and shouldn't take.Research and tell him no if it aint for you."

hongkongFUEY (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2016