User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 3)

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 18 reviews 29 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 386 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking lisinopril about 3 yrs ago for high blood pressure.I was having trouble right from the start. It did get my pressure down. But almost killed me in the process. I started of coughing first on 4th of July. It got worse as time went on.I cough so much my insides hurt.I cough up so much phlegm omg.I thought I had lung cancer. It was so embarrassing, every where I went I got stares ,and asked if I was okay or wanted water .People moved from by me ect.I had a hard time catching my breath,sleeping talking ect.I had constant asthma attacks.I had to go on steroids shots & breathing treatment. I thank God I didn't die or had any other problems from this medicine.Prays goes to those who have,this should be BAN"

Von tha Scrapper September 13, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Female age 42 - was issued this for high blood pressure, i had 5mg taken for around 10 weeks and it was the worst i have felt after a night in hosp with palpitations and irregular heartbeat, several doctors appt later i was taken off this medicine as Dr realized the side affects were making me ill ! ( Dry mouth, irregular heartbeat, Palpitations, Dizziness and the most horrible cough, bloated tummy, ) after 1 day of stopping i feel better and cough is clearing, tummy better! I only wished i had researched this medicine before! Ditch it !"

Mel0075 September 8, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Sore throat severe allergy symptoms loss of appetite body aches chest pain facial swelling blurred vision dry cough headache weakness"

Poeticspice (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I used lisinopril for two months. It worked fine the first 4 month.Then My teeth were hurting. I thought it was nothing. Then a week later my jaw was hurting. I thought it was sinuses. So I let it go I went to my dentist and they took xrays and said thete was absolutely nothing wrong with my teeth. My family doctor put me on 3000 mg antibiotics for a week she thought it we as a bad sinus infection. In mean time I googled the side effects . Believe it or not lisinopril was causing all that pain. My doctor took me of the medc right away and placed me on another bp. So everyone thats taking the pill please be carful and pay attention to your body. My teeth pain went away that same day and my jaw don't hurt."

Marijana September 6, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Took 5mg/day for 2 years. Very effective at first but began having issues with weakness, joint pain, vision problems. At one point I was limping with nearly every joint aching, and severe problems with eye dryness and ended up with a corneal ulcer. It all led up to an ER visit when my BP spiked and pulse raced. Stopping the medication resulted in the return of my high BP, but all my symptoms went away after about 2 weeks. Doctors never even connected the lisinopril with the symptoms. Blood tests showed nothing, but my inflammation numbers had skyrocketed, which meant high risk for heart attack. Its a dangerous drug for me, never touching it again."

RickyVan September 5, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this medication for 2 years now and it's working just fine. My bp is prefect and I've had no side effects. I will be cautious now that I know other African Americans are having issues. But as of now its working perfectly..."

AshleyMiles September 5, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Yes I took lisinopril it was one of the worst experience of my life and it was one weekend when the doctor is not in the office but so grateful I was able to get someone knew what he was talking about. I was very allergic to this medicine I was swollen really badly my lips as well as my tongue. I was very allergic to his medicine. I needed to be taken of this medicine immediately !!!!!!"

barbara? September 5, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Blood pressure stayed high and head aches"

Lagaile (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Swollen throat. Persistent dry cough, which caused my blood pressure to increase. For that reason, Lisinopril didn't work for me."

Clova September 5, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on lisinopril 2x in 1yr n both times it made me have a cough as if i had the whooping cough...all I did was cough like I was coughing up my insides....I immediately stopped taking it once I realized it was the same meds they had me take before...I'm on a different bp meds very few coughs but not as bad as coughing up my insides...my advise is google read n investigate your meds before taking them"

Neka(purplehaze) (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Was taking this medication and experienced top lip swelling twice. By the process of elimination I concluded it was from Lisinopril. After many months of not taking it I was again prescribed lisinopril. This time both my lips swelled so severely I had to spend 2 days in the hospital."

Brooklyn J September 5, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on 10mg of Lisinopril for about a year and a half. Three months ago, one of my docs noticed that my kidney were not filtering well. A look at a year of blood work showed a gradual decline in function. I was sent to a nephrologist, who looked very thoroughly at my meds and history. He told me it was probably the lisinipril. Tapering off of the med has caused almost constant premature atrial contractions, which are not life threatening, but sent me to the ER in day 10. Ten days off and my kidneys were already functioning better. It's really strange that this happened, given Lisinopril's use in kidney patients. I'm just glad that the problem was caught in time. Keep an eye on your creatinine and eGFR."

Cantfindadarnednickname (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Was put on this medication for high BP. Has not gone down. I am off balance and was diagnosed at the ER with vertigo. Can barely stand up without feeling like I am going to pass out. Very dizzy and constantly lightheaded. Would not recommend this to anyone."

shygirl2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Took this for several years whenever I was younger. Worked perfectly, no problems. Was able to get off of medication due to lifestyle changes. After about 3 years, I had to get put back on it and it didn't interact well with me at all the second time around. After 3 days of taking it, I would start to get a pain in my stomach that was so severe, I could barely stand. It lowered my blood pressure, but the pain was intense. 2 days after stopping taking it, the pain would go away completely. Tried a few times to start retaking it, but every time met with the same results."

MzKittyKatz (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor prescribed medication for me 3 weeks ago. First chlorthaladone and it turned my stool into a solid brick. Finally passed stool but with incredible pain. Doctor then changed med to lisinopril. After 1 week I saw the doctor and said the same condition of severe constipation existed. Doctor said that lisinopril was not cause of constipation and said to use miralax for a week. After 5 days, miralax did nothing. I called the doctor and told of this experience. The doctor still thinks the bowel problem is unrelated to the medication. But said stop for a week, track blood pressure and see if bowel trouble continues. I get the impression that the doc and nurse think I am crazy and should not question anything. I am not crazy."

Duped by High BP (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "This pill is dangerous have your doctor change your medication . Leg cramps dry cough my lips swollen with this medicine"

Cookies -cream August 18, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "My BP is down significantly the first day. I felt a little foggy this morning but it didn't last long. I'm optimistic this will help me :)"

Neuro girl August 17, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on lisinopril 20/25 for about 6 to 9 yrs now. It controls my blood pressure. But I have felt dead since I started taking it. It kills my love life, I'm not even interested. I am always tired. I am always sick. I always have a cough. Thanks to the fluid pill mix I pee every single time I cough. I never feel clean. I always have to buy pads. I know it's the meds because once in a while I will get sick of feeling this way and just stop taking them. I feel like a new person. So strong, so happy, loving life, lets play, clean, and brand new.... But I will check my BP and it will be soaring towards or past 200/160. My doctor knows about all of it, makes no effort to care, but It's time to stop all this nonsense."

DiamondBBW August 11, 2016

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "This does nothing for me and I take it an the highest dosage possible. Every doctor keeps giving it to me and blaming my eating, stress or anything. I'm 50 and have taken this for 15 years. I quit working 3 years ago from high stress position I eat very well and nothing changes."

Pop's August 2, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this medication for a very long time, but yet every time I go to my doctor, my bp is just as high as ever. Instead of taking me off and trying something else, which btw, I have been on dozens over the years. She just increases the dosage. I feel like I am carrying a backpack on my back loaded with heavy rocks. It drains my energy. That is why I dont take it first thing in the am, because I walk and if I take this first, I feel so slow, I feel like sitting down. I guess these drugs are designed this way, but it is not a good thing for anyone who wants to be active. I try to eat healthy, gave up salt, and soda and just try to exercise when I can. I am going to the doc today and I just took this med, I want to see what my bp "

bartvjean July 29, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Iam a 57 year old woman and I have been taking lisiniprol 20mg for a few years now and the side effects are getting worse, I just asked my doctor to get me off this medication for my blood pressure. I had severe leg cramping at night, my skin seems to show every vein due to lisiniprol sucking the life out of me. I work all day, I couldn't wait to get into my bed at the end of the day I was totally exhausted. I would wake up in the middle of the night with a dry cough limiting my sleep and feeling like I did not sleep at all. This is not living life as it was meant to be. I will change my eating habits and exercise. I would rather live everyday as it was meant to be-- than BARELY existing."

Pamelamayz July 9, 2016

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "After taking 2 lisiniprol I broke out In a horrendous red rash over my entire body. Extreme itching. Angioedema, difficulty swollowing, eye sight compromosied, violent headache. 3 trips to ER, 3 days in hospital. 4 weeks later entire body skin peeling. Still very weak, short of breath on exertion. Bp elevated. Not sure what I will do about Bp as I am very afraid to try a new drug. This is a very bad drug."

Luon (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on 20mg of Lisinopril for HBP when I went to the ER and was diagnosed with bronchitis in mid January 2016. I attributed my feeling worse to the progression of the bronchitis instead of this drug. However, after months of not feeling any better I noticed that my hacking cough, endless postnasal drip, difficulty swallowing, general fatigue seemed to get so much worse shortly after taking this medication. It prompted me to research the side effects and read online hundreds of testimonials of people with similar symptoms to those I had who also saw a correlation between this medication and their symptoms. After my CT scans and blood work revealed I no longer had bronchitis, I knew that Lisinopril was to blame. I stopped taking it."

BeYourOwnAdvocate (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "Some years back my doctor started me on Lisinopril and like a lot of you, my migraines were gone. The problem now is they've returned with a vengeance. What I'm wondering is, since these are generic, was it possible that it came down to the manufacture of Lisinopril. So too those of you that are headache free, make note of the company that is making it and if you wouldn't mind, share the company name."

mikebinmontana July 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "dr put me on this garbage and in less than a monrth im back in the emeregency room. dehydrated so weak i coundnt even lay down, foul tasting food i lost 14 lbs i couldnt afford to lose, dry cough, dizzeness, i already had insomnia for the last fifteen years this garbage did nothing but make me very ill, stomach pain, vomiting, cramps.etc....."

polgadot (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016