User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 3)

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

5.5

Coronary Artery Disease

Summary of Lisinopril reviews 5.7 458 reviews

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I am only 57 and I'm taking 40mg of lisinprol. I'm really dizzy."

pamcorey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "They changed the pill. I've been taking the original version for many years with no problem. Finished my original ones and started on the newer version pills. On Sat, Sept 23rd, rushed to hospital with 201/103 blood pressure. Something is wrong with this new pill. I hope that no one dies, or has a heart attack or stroke. I am calling the FDA today."

Aprilbday12 (taken for 10 years or more) September 28, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking lisinopril a week ago on Saturday, that same day I started getting lower back pain, I didn't attribute the pain to the drug till a week later. The pain in my lower back was so extreme I could hardly walk or sleep, so I went to prompt care on Wednesday thinking it might be a UTI, Test was negative, doctor ordered PT. Next day I ended up in ER, bp was extremely high, rapid heart rate, felt like I was gonna pass out, all tests were negative, doctor said it was the new med and dehydration. I called my primary, I told her about the symptoms I was having, she said back pain wasn't a side effect of this drug, and the other symptoms were my body getting used to the drug."

Hugbear (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

For Migraine Prevention: "I am a long-time sufferer of severe migraines, which interfere with my life. I take propanolol as preventative and Relpax for breakthough 4-6 times a month. My PCP prescribed small dose of Iisinipril in addition to help. No idea if drug would have helped migraines. First week, I had small outbreaks of hives I did not connect with lisinipril. Then I had an outbreak that within a day covered my entire body (there were plate sized hives that overlapped, with smaller outbreaks on top. My mouth and throat began swelling, and I got to ER asap. Very close to anaphylaxis. Learned that this is known side effect of Lisinipril. Package warning is not clear enough."

OhDarn (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Since starting, itching of legs between knees and ankle is driving me crazy! Great. Once again I am among the "rare" people, as always."

notagainoncemore September 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Lisinopril, along with other drugs, for high bp, for many years, doing well, suddenly developed cough in April 2017. Cough first treated as allergy, then with antibiotics, no change, then referred to lung specialist. In the meantime, alerted to side effects of Lisinopril, I requested my GP change medication. Within a week after giving up Lisinopril, coughing greatly reduced, then within a month, almost completely stopped. My dr. knew of side effects, why did "I" have to suggest a change? Absolutely considering further change....of GP."

kshorty September 22, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "On lisinopril 5mg for years/ high BP due to high stress. Last fall due to work changes BP was up a little so Dr. increased to 10mg. In past 3-4 months occasional dry night cough, restlessness/poor sleep, night/day sweats (not menopause); and in past 4 weeks extreme fatigue, blurred vision, and most irritating either bloatedness or weight gain. Noted that the lisinopril changed 3 months ago from a small white pill to oval pinkish pill. Am physically active (brisk walk with Border Collie, & dance 2-3-4 times a week). Then thought maybe I need to reduce from 10mg back to 5mg until I began checking symptoms. Seeing Dr to discuss dc'g this - replacing with baby aspirin especially reading concerns posted here."

TulsaT (taken for 10 years or more) August 27, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "PLEASE, mention what the pharmaceutical company your lisinopril is from! Sometime over the last few months(?), Lupin Pharmaceutical has changed tablet sizes (I think in all dosages). My brother is on this medication, has been for 8 years. He hadn't really noticed the pill size change because he recently changed pharmacies also. Within the last couple of months, he has had some symptoms that he wasn't sure why he was having. Primarily, dizziness and lightheadedness, which has also stirred up his anxiety, and fluctuations in BP and heart rate (both going VERY low). He decreased dose, then stopped taking. Then BP spiked. Took lower dose again, and dizziness is back, anxiety is back. Viscous cycle with little answers at this point."

Laura/Tony (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 22, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My M.D. & Cardiologist put me on Lisinopril 20MG for a year now. Got a slight reduction in BP but experienced extreme tiredness, hair loss, trouble sleeping, lower left stomach pain & later coughing producing phlegm. I didn't realize it was this drug as I was on others but after researching it, I stopped & now just take a baby aspirin. I quit as many drugs as possible & now researched supplements which seem to be getting results way beyond the Big Pharma drugs. I am really mad at Big Pharma & the way they programs our doctors!"

High bp August 13, 2017

For Coronary Artery Disease: "Blurred vision and dizziness very bad"

Rogdo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My Pressure was about 220 over 130 when the doctor's office sent me to the ER. I had had Lisonipril before and had lost a lot of weight so it was under control without medication. I Gained the weight back and with it the blood pressure problem.I can say for certain most of the complaints on this drug are "dose related". If your light headed and feel like you're tired you need a lesser dose. HIgh Blood pressure, versus low blood pressure, will make you feel bad or feel like garbage. Feeling great with hIgh BP is not good, is merely you got used to a different pressure. Others complaining are attributing side effects to other diseases like infections or other things. My pressure is reduced to 150/82 effectively."

Effective BP medicine (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "2 weeks into lisinopril. ED had just started, dizzy, BP only a bit lower."

male 56 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I had high BP (150-100). I was put on Lisinopril 10mg and the effect was not enough to lower my BP to normal levels. My doctor increased the dose to 20mg but after 1 week I had to stop because of the horrible hair loss I experienced. After 4 months without taking this medicine I have not recovered my lost hair. I would not recommend it."

tafte (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed this drug recently by my Dr. for treating my High Blood Pressure. In Reducing BP it was wonderful and I went from a BP of 143/105 to 95/71 using one of the lowest doses of this drug (5mg). However, I felt dizzy and faint and feeling like I was going to pass out and was afraid to take a second dose. I was sweating so much, even in my sleep. And that night I woke up sweating and with dry mouth and a strange cough was beginning to appear in my lungs. I knew all this dehydation could not be good for my recently diagnoses CKD and so I stopped using it immediately. Within a few days I felt back to my normal self. Still I don't know the extent of internal damage caused by using it just once. I have decided to reduce my BP through"

TheEnlightenedOne (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this medicine one time and ended up at ER blood pressure spiked too 188\130.I had pounding headache my heart was racing and I was so dizzy I couldn't walk got to ER was rushed straight to back then I started vomiting from the pain I was having from my headache... The doctor told me to stop this medicine immediately I wouldn't recommend anyone to take this medicine."

A jordan (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I am extremely sensative to prescriptions/medications. I do not take anything on a daily basis, but do take Advil, Musinex, and Aspirin as needed. After only a few days of taking 10mg I am so weak/tired I cannot function or drive. I am always "tired" but this is different. The first things that I noticed were SEVERE lower right back pain, tingling/numbness in my hands and feet, nausea, and ringing in my ears. Now I have swelling, a bad taste on the back of my tongue, slight shortness of breath, but if I am active it is bad and my heart pounds, burning pain similar to heart burn, and extreme weakness. I am not on others meds and did not have these symptoms until after I took this. I have only taken 3 pills in total."

Sickchick71 July 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed 10-20mg daily for high blood pressure. I do believe it did what it was supposed to do, and much more. While taking it, I developed a very annoying throat tickle which was accompanied by excessive mucus production in my throat. This would happen during the day and also went on all night to the point I would wake up literally gagging until I got it all hacked up. It got progressively worse the longer I took it and my wife was at her wits end with my excessive snoring. Also, I found that I was much less alert while on the drug to the point I rear ended at car on my commute to work one morning. I would highly advise anyone to take this medication with extreme caution. I have since stopped taking and all side effects are gone."

Rickey Bobby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Lisinopril for 6 months. I started having a dry cough around 4 months ago. I cannot live like this. I am also tired all the time. I notice other people have said this happened to them after taking Lisinopril. I really don't like this medicine and want to stop taking it as soon as possible. Bad drug."

skye_solo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2017

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: "My GP Doctor changed my blood pressure medicine from 5mg Amlodipine Besylate/50mg Metoprolol to 5mg Lisinopril/50mg Metoprolol to protect my kidneys. Over a forty day period my Lisinopril dosage was increased in stages from 5mg to 40mg in an attempt to get the same BP results I had with Amlodipine. Prior to taking Lisinopril my blood pressure was around 135/75. As the amount of Lisinopril was increased my blood pressure kept increasing. After 40 days it was around 175/85 (maximum 200/100). I take my blood pressure 3 -4 times per day. I experienced increased confusion, tiredness, dizziness, weakness and constipation as the dosage of Lisinopril was increased. I went back on Amlodipine and made an appointment with my Cardiologist."

Jerrs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure went from 150/95 to a consistent 120/75 in no time. Probably the most effective medicine I ever took. No side effects whatsoever. This medicine has the potential to save your life if you are living with high blood pressure."

Joelm2006 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "After a week of taking Lisinopril, I started coughing, a productive cough. My doctor prescribed anti-biotics and allergy meds and I took them for almost a month with no relief. He then prescribed steriods and a cough med with codeine. I was okay for a week but my productive coughing came back. I told my doctor it maybe caused by Lisinopril but he said that the side effect of it is dry cough but mine is productive cough. After 3 months, my doctor said I could seek for a 2nd opinion and referred me to an ENT for a laryngoscopy. The result, my nose and throat are normal. The ENT doctor told me my coughing was due to Lisinopril. I stopped taking Lisinopril and after 2 weeks my coughing stops. I hate Lisinopril."

Rhinah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Taking this medication for a few months eczema started to appear in many parts of my body. I stopped it to see if that was the cause, and voilà! Eczema gone, took two more doses after three days and the eczema started right back up; the marks are there after a month of not taking it. It did not lower my BP that much anyway."

Fifi1 June 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Severe intestinal angio endema began within 2 weeks of taking this drug. Caused an anal fissure which is extremely painful and had to be cauterized. All symptoms disappeared within a week of discontinuing this drug. Not sure if it matters, but my blood type is AB-."

severe reaction (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking it for 2 years but feel very tired and need many times to nap in mod afternoon Vision has become blurry especially in the mornings after taking the pill Can anybody tell me if this pill should be in the morning ? Stool has softened but is is not the problem I am very worried specially after reading these reviews ....perhaps I should seek alternate options"

FernandoL June 5, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Tired all the time, asleep more than awake. My legs are tired and aching so much they prevent me walking"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017