How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 24, 2020.
In some people, the first dose of lisinopril can cause a drop in blood pressure immediately. For others it may take a little longer but usually they work very quickly. Since high blood pressure is symptomless it is difficult to tell without measuring your blood pressure if they are working for you.
Lisinopril belongs to a class of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE inhibitors are used mainly in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure. They are also used in some people with diabetes, for some forms of kidney disease, and after a heart attack, to help protect the heart.
Related Medical Questions
- Do ACE inhibitors make COVID-19 worse?
- Does lisinopril cause weight gain?
- Can I just stop taking lisinopril?
- What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- What are the side effects of beta blockers?
- Lisinopril Information for Consumers
- Lisinopril Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lisinopril (detailed)