Best time to take amlodipine besylate?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2020.
It does not matter what time of day you take amlodipine (morning or evening) but it is best to take it at the same time every day, when you are most likely to remember, for more even blood levels and therefore effectiveness.
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that dilates blood vessels and improves blood flow. Amlodipine is used to treat chest pain (angina) and other conditions caused by coronary artery disease. Amlodipine is also used to treat high blood pressure.
Amlodipine may be taken with or without food.
Related Medical Questions
- How long does amlodipine stay in your system?
- Does Losartan block the receptor used by the Coronavirus?
- Metoprolol Tartrate vs Succinate - What's the difference between them?
- I have high blood pressure. Can I take Mucinex DM safely?
- Losartan vs Valsartan - What's the difference between them?
- How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?
- Does caffeine cause high blood pressure?
- How is atenolol superior to metoprolol?
- Is loss of sense of smell a symptom of COVID-19?
- Is high blood pressure considered heart disease?
- What are the side effects of beta blockers?
- Is high blood pressure a risk factor for COVID-19?
- How are hypertension, heart disease and stroke related?
- What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- What is the strength of Prexxartan (valsartan) oral solution?
- What drugs are contained in Consensi?
- Amlodipine Information for Consumers
- Amlodipine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amlodipine (detailed)