Best time to take amlodipine - day or night?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 16, 2023.
It does not matter what time of day you take amlodipine (morning or evening) but it is best to take it at the same time every day, when you are most likely to remember, for more even blood levels and therefore effectiveness.
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that dilates blood vessels and improves blood flow. Amlodipine is used to treat chest pain (angina) and other conditions caused by coronary artery disease. Amlodipine is also used to treat high blood pressure.
Amlodipine may be taken with or without food.
Related medical questions
- What is the best time of day to take blood pressure medication?
- How do I reduce swelling from amlodipine?
- How long does it take for amlodipine to work?
- Does amlodipine cause weight gain?
- What medications cause swollen ankles and feet?
- How long does amlodipine stay in your system?
- What are the side effects of beta blockers?
- Can you take Viagra with high blood pressure?
- Does Losartan block the receptor used by the Coronavirus?
- Metoprolol Succinate vs Tartrate - What's the difference between them?
- Should you drink a lot of water when taking Lasix?
- Amlodipine Information for Consumers
- Amlodipine prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Amlodipine (detailed)