Best time to take amlodipine besylate?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Nov 5, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
It does not matter what time of day you take amlodipine (morning or evening) but it is best to take it at the same time every day, when you are most likely to remember, for more even blood levels and therefore effectiveness.
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that dilates blood vessels and improves blood flow. Amlodipine is used to treat chest pain (angina) and other conditions caused by coronary artery disease. Amlodipine is also used to treat high blood pressure.
Amlodipine may be taken with or without food.
Related Medical Questions
- How long does amlodipine stay in your system?
- I have high blood pressure. Can I take Mucinex DM safely?
- How is atenolol superior to metoprolol?
- What is Byvalson used for?
- What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?
- What is the strength of Prexxartan (valsartan) oral solution?
- Amlodipine Information for Consumers
- Amlodipine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amlodipine (detailed)