Best time to take amlodipine - day or night?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2020.
It does not matter what time of day you take amlodipine (morning or evening) but it is best to take it at the same time every day, when you are most likely to remember, for more even blood levels and therefore effectiveness.
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that dilates blood vessels and improves blood flow. Amlodipine is used to treat chest pain (angina) and other conditions caused by coronary artery disease. Amlodipine is also used to treat high blood pressure.
Amlodipine may be taken with or without food.
Related Medical Questions
- Why should you take blood pressure medicine at night?
- Does amlodipine cause weight gain?
- How do I reduce swelling from amlodipine?
- How long does amlodipine stay in your system?
- How long does it take for amlodipine to work?
- What medications cause swollen ankles and feet?
- Amlodipine Information for Consumers
- Amlodipine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amlodipine (detailed)