Can I just stop taking lisinopril?
It is interfering with my potassium level as I have low aldosterone and it is important to get the potassium level back up.
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 16, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
You should not stop taking the lisinopril suddenly without your doctors permission - you could risk experiencing rebound hypertension, which is a sudden increase in blood pressure in response to stopping or reducing hypertension medications.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?
- Do ACE inhibitors make COVID-19 worse?
- Lisinopril Information for Consumers
- Lisinopril Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lisinopril (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Lisinopril (312 questions, 533 members)