Can I just stop taking lisinopril?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 16, 2019.
It is interfering with my potassium level as I have low aldosterone and it is important to get the potassium level back up.
You should not stop taking the lisinopril suddenly without your doctors permission - you could risk experiencing rebound hypertension, which is a sudden increase in blood pressure in response to stopping or reducing hypertension medications.
Related Medical Questions
- Do ACE inhibitors make COVID-19 worse?
- How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?
- What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- Lisinopril Information for Consumers
- Lisinopril Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lisinopril (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Lisinopril (195 questions, 558 members)