Can I just stop taking lisinopril?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 6, 2022.
It is interfering with my potassium level as I have low aldosterone and it is important to get the potassium level back up.
You should not stop taking the lisinopril suddenly without your doctors permission - you could risk experiencing rebound hypertension, which is a sudden increase in blood pressure in response to stopping or reducing hypertension medications.
Related Medical Questions
- How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?
- Do ACE inhibitors make COVID-19 worse?
- Does lisinopril cause weight gain?
- What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- Lisinopril Information for Consumers
- Lisinopril Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lisinopril (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Lisinopril (205 questions, 582 members)