What is the strength of Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution?
- Qbrelis (generic name: lisinopril) is an oral solution available in 1 mg/mL strength.
- The oral solution allows for easier weight-based dosing for children. Adult patients who have trouble swallowing lisinopril tablets may also benefit from Qbrelis.
- It comes in a 150 mL bottle and can be stored at room temperature 68°F-77°F (20°C-25°C). Keep away from excessive heat and do not freeze.
Qbrelis is classified as an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It is approved for:
- treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure) in adult patients and pediatric patients 6 years of age and older.
- adjunct (add-on) therapy for heart failure.
- treatment of acute myocardial infarction (a heart attack) to improve survival in adult patients within the first 24 hours.
Common side effects with Qbrelis include headache, dizziness, cough, low blood pressure, and chest pain.
What are the strengths of lisinopril tablets?
The strengths for lisinopril tablets are: 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg. All strengths are available as a generic option. Lisinopril is an affordable blood pressure medication and is usually covered by insurance plans.
The brand name products for lisinopril tablets, known as Zestril and Prinivil, are also available but may be more costly if you are paying cash or using insurance.
This is not all the information you need to know about Qbrelis (lisinopril) for safe and effective use and does not take the place of talking to your doctor about your treatment. Review the full Qbrelis information here, and discuss this information and any questions you have with your doctor or other health care provider.
- Qbrelis (lisinopril) oral solution. [product information]. Silvergate Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Greenwood Village, CO. July 2017. Accessed March 5, 2021 at https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/208401s002lbl.pdf
Related Medical Questions
- How long after taking 5 mg lisinopril will my blood pressure drop down?
- Do ACE inhibitors make COVID-19 worse?
- Does lisinopril cause weight gain?
- Can I just stop taking lisinopril?
- What are the side effects of beta blockers?