User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 535 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Propranolol

For Migraine Prevention: "I have been taking Propranolol for 2 months now doctors been slowly increasing the milligrams it's not really helping. My migraines are once a day, maybe skipping 3 to 4 days. I need to try something else anybody have any advice so I was thinking Topamax? please help thanks. A weird thing is I had migraines in college they went away years ago when I moved to Upstate New York Finger Lake Region and now they're back. I think the weather triggers them don't really know what to do about that though. Need advice please my neurologist is not really helping me. I might need to find a new one"

Anonymous January 12, 2017

For Migraine Prevention: "I have had bad headaches for years, and I have taken Maxalt for many years to alleviate. My headaches became worse and daily. I was taking the Maxalt quite often (breaking the pills in half). I read about the overuse rebound headaches and went back to Dr. When I told him that the Maxalt worked well and very quickly for me, he looked at me and said "you are having vascular headaches". He prescribed the Propranolol and my life changed in about a week. I can actually say, I no longer even know how often I have a headache, it is hardly ever now. I just regret that he did not put me on this 20 years ago. He said his mother used it, so apparently it has been around for quite awhile."

jjyght January 10, 2017

For Performance Anxiety: "About a year ago I read the reviews for this drug and literally jumped for joy I was so excited to hear others experiences. Since an embarrassing speech in High School I have had a horrible fear of public speaking effecting my college and work life. I told my doctor I wanted to try this and she prescribed my 15 mg. For the first time in my college career I could make it through a speech without panicking. ANY type of public speaking, including introducing myself, used to freak me out so bad. Propranolol has saved my life!!"

shy_student (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

For Migraine Prevention: "I was suffering from migraines for over a year before I sought treatment. By then I was having one every other day. The day I didn't have one, I was washed out and drained. Within a week of starting propranolol, my migraines were gone. I haven't had a single headache of any type in two months. I also haven't had any side effects. Well, until today. Not really a side effect though. I missed three pills and started getting dizzy, nauseous and headachy. So it's actually a side effect of NOT taking my medicine."

Bijimo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

For Anxiety: "Absolutely incredible. Tried Xanax the first time with horrible side effects, switched to propranolol and it honestly was too good to be true. I couldn't believe that it actually worked. Totally doubted medication until I was prescribed propranolol and my PTSD med."

Fmarieek December 22, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I've had major depression, severe generalized anxiety, and a hefty helping of social anxiety too. Working in the medical field I've tried near everything. Benzos had breakthrough panic attacks near daily and they are so addictive I didn't want to go down that path, so my doc switched me to propranolol. I took my first capsule that night and slept past 3am for the first time in 5 years. I honestly think it saved my life. I've been on propranolol 60mg extended release (combined with my antidepressants) for two years. The only side effect that I've ever noticed is that sometimes I feel a bit groggy in the morning until I get in the shower. I can live with that. I recommend it over benzodiazepines to anyone with panic or anxiety issues."

EinahpetsRx December 21, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I had massive anxiety about public speaking for a long time, I was worried about the fact that I would come across nervous as I usually experienced the usual symptoms from the adrenaline like my heart beating fast and my voice sounding shaky. I found in the recent presentations I have done that by taking propranolol (40mg) an hour or so before the presentation I had absolutely no symptoms of anxiety and so could perform well. I would highly recommend this to anyone who gets nervous about public speaking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol is literally a miracle drug. Took it before a presentation today and I literally felt no nerves at all. I felt as if I was talking to friends and it helped me connect with the audience so well as I was so much more laid back. I do not think I will ever have a problem with presentations or interviews again after using this drug. Highly recxommend. I took 10mg"

Jess111 December 12, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Ever since I was in middle school, I completely dreaded public speaking. Now that I am in college, I decided to do something about it, I went to my doctor told him about my experiences with public speaking and perscribed propranolol. I started taking them but realized nothing really changed and assumed they were not working because I still had mental anxiety, finally the day of my presentation comes (I took 80mg- maybe a little too much but better to be safe than sorry!) and as I walked to the front of the class I still had anxiety but two slides in - everything changed. I did not care about that fact that I was presenting, it's almost like I became a different person!! Public speaking was the activity I dreaded the most!!! 100% RECOMMEND"

Propranololisamiracle December 5, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I hate this stuff I've been taking it for 3 weeks I feel sick all the time always sleeping and my bp is sky high I'm getting off it"

Tgirl666 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "GAME CHANGER if you fear public speaking. it solves the problem. 20mg - 1h before the speech and you will be calm and relaxed like if you are in a bar with friend speaking about football. I just mind why i did not start before... I have lost so many years"

bing999 December 1, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Like many others on this site I have a terrible fear of public presentations that was only getting worse with time and it was starting to severely hurt my job path. The fight or flight adrenaline rush at the beginning of a presentation was crippling. Got prescribed propranolol and it saved my career. I'm still extremely nervous before public speaking with clammy hands and a rolling stomach but it absolutely stops that adrenaline blast and I can speak normally. Keys for it to work for me are taking enough of it long enough before speaking. Caffeine appears to limit its effectiveness in my experience. I'm a 34 year old male and take 60 mg total - 20 mg 90 minutes before speaking and 40 mg an hour before. Been on it 3 years, love it!"

Afhevh (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 29, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I am a corporate Recruiter for a large company and have over 10 years experience. Somehow I was able to fly under the radar in my early career and avoid presentations as much as possible. Now that my salary has increased with experience, my employer obvious wants to see where I can add value to the team. He has asked me to present on some topics, as well as lead our team meetings. People think that I am this confident outgoing funny individual. But deep down I have a paralyzing fear of being put into the spotlight or speaking in public I experience the typical, stuttering, shaky voice, increased heartbeat, sweaty palms, I obviously need my job, so my doctor prescribed me 10mg. I will come back later to tell you how it worked out"

meme45 November 26, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I have always suffered with performance anxiety and as a student, I cannot escape the daunting thought of having to present and speak publically, I always tried implementing breathing techniques and distraction methods to no avail and would often end up in a crippling panic attack. As I'm sure many readers can understand, the physical symptoms of such an attack are overwhelmingly horrible and disabling. I have been on propranolol for a day, and for the first time in my life, I was able to coherently present to my class. This medication truly has changed a lot for me and I'm so thankful"

Hce November 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Works extremely well!!!! Love this med Works extremely well! Love this medication. When my heart is painful propranolol is what fixes it."

Mae L (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "It dropped my blood pressure but also stopped my tast buds from working correctly. If I take it I can't taste anything. If, after I stop taking it (after 3 weeks) my heart races. I guess I have to wean myself off of this menace."

mcadwell November 22, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've had multiple bad experiences with public speaking. Sometimes I would make it through the entire presentation, depending on how long it is, but I would always get so nervous that it would cause me to have dry mouth, and it would feel like my throat is starting to swell from my heart beating so fast that I would not be able to finish my speech. My doctor prescribed me propranolol, and after taking about 40mg 1 hour prior to my presentation, it was like magic! I went in front of the class and spoke without hesitation or any signs of nervousness. I felt like I could've talked to the class during the rest of the time there if I wanted to. I only take my prescription for presentations so I won't become immune to them."

Troop1 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "For as long as I can remember, I have been afflicted with that awful "fight or flight" feeling before having to speak or even stand in front of a crowd. My heart would beat SO hard & fast that you could actually see it beating through my shirt! A few months before my wedding, I was getting increasingly nervous about standing in front of everyone and saying my vows. I decided to ask my doctor about a solution and he wrote me a Rx for Propanolol. I took 20mg about an hour before the ceremony, and I have never been so calm in my life. I wasn't even thinking about the crowd, and when I walked down the aisle I was cool, calm, and collected. That drug truly saved me on the most important day of my life. Simply amazing."

Happily_Ever_After November 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've tried many thing but Propranolol really helped. I've done hypnosis, tried becoming a Toastmaster but today I used 60mg. 20 three hours before and 40 1.5 hrs before. I still had all the obvious signs of nerves like wet hands, feeling anxious but as soon as I was on stage I was fine. This was the best presentation I've ever done. Really happy to have found my secret weapon. I even cracked a few off the cuff jokes and got a few laughs. Funnily enough, I felt like I was actually connecting with the audience and because I seemed more relaxed, they were too. Fab stuff!!!"

Sandy7654 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

For Benign Essential Tremor: "For a year I had been taking one (40mg) once a day and it definitely helped my tremors. However it did cause a lack of energy, a weight gain, as well as too large a drop in blood pressure levels, causing dizziness. Now I only take one if I'm having a bad day of tremors. It helps but takes a long time to kick in."

ZZAK November 17, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol truly has changed my professional life. For the last few years during presentations my heart would beat so fast I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack, during the presentation my voice would shake so bad it would sound like I was about to cry, and I would not even be able to focus on what I was talking about. I take 40 mg of Propranolol about 1 hr before presenting. So far I have used it for two major presentations and one interview and it was worked wonderfully. You definitely still feel the nerves the day leading up to the presentation, all those physical symptoms are gone and I feel so comfortable I can even improvise and think on the spot, something i could never dream of doing before."

jax1668 November 16, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug is a miracle. I presented a presentation today for 30 minutes, and I didn't shake or turn red....as I normally flight or fight myself off the stage. But today, flawless. I felt so confident afterwards. I know this drug only masks the physical symptoms and not the underlying issue but for now, it'll do."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: "Migraines started at age 50. Just about every day at 3PM. They were severe, but only lasted 2 - 3 hours. My eye area, cheek and ear were always sensitive to touch. Inderol was a life saver. 10mg twice a day. Sometimes I would feel slight pain behind my eye, but never needed pain reliever. The nightmares were something else, 3 -4 times a month. I was actually afraid I would give my husband a heart attack when I would wake up screaming and thrashing at night. When I hadn't felt that pain behind my eye for about a year, I gradually went off Inderol (around 60 yrs old)."

Cait 28 November 13, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Isopropranolol is magic. Im a senior biochemistry student (straight As). One problem: during presentations,I shake I blush i have this huge blank in my head and don't even remember what i'm talking about. On the day of the presentation I was nervous all throughout the day heart was pumping loud and fast. I took one pill around an hour before the presentation. I did feel light headed the first 30 mins but it was a nice feeling. My heart kept pumping loudly, but at a very slow rate, which i guess is what this pill does. My presentation went so smoothly and i was calm and able to offer a solid explanation for 25 minutes. Everybody loved it and i was so calm and confident! The pill is magic.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

For Anxiety: "I started taking this prescription Medication since August, to control what I call "Blushing Attacks",in which seem to transpire out of nowhere during a conversation, and quickly snowball until the situation becomes so awkward I have to leave the room quickly as I am sweating quite badly. Although I normally take the lowest dose, (10 mg) as when I feel going into a stressful situation, it has allievated my symptoms 90% of the time. Today I had a mild "Blushing Attack" after taking my 10 mg tablet, but it basically stopped what would have been a severe one two thirds in its tracks. On that note, with the advice from My doctor I may take a 20mg tablet next time I feel particularly stressed, and just 10mg in just everyday situations. 9/10."

David F. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016