User Reviews for Propranolol

7.2

3 reviews
Summary of Propranolol reviews 8.4 720 reviews

Reviews for Propranolol

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug just works. Looks like real life saver like everyone said on here. I used it for presenting in front of 1000 people. I have always experiencing performance anxiety but I was handling it after few minutes of shaky voice, dry mouth and high heart rate. This time it was a big event and I was in very bad mood for even 1 week before the performance due to large audience. I took 40mg 1 hour before performance and it was amazing. I tried 20mg 1 day before the event to observe the effects to my body. I need to make sure that it's not causing and unmanageable side effects. There was none. (This is only for me don't jump any conclusion here. Ask your doctor and try it by yourself) Like everyone says this doesn't have any effect on nerves but your body won't let you down. Make no mistake; you still need to work really hard in your performance. I did at least 5 practices before the presentation. I was full prepared and ready!"

Cerebro (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I have had debilitating speech anxiety and social phobia since I was about 10 (now 46). Have been to numerous Dr’s over the years and tried everything - many antidepressants, Xanax, even MAOI’s. Nothing helped. In college I avoided classes and skipped presentations by making excuses. The new company I work for has an annual meeting and I have to stand in front of 170 people and introduce myself. After fretting over this for months (contemplating resigning), I knew I had to find something to help. I finally found this board for Propranolol. I went to my PCP and he prescribed 20 mg one hour prior to the meeting. What a blessing! I was able to stand up there without blushing uncontrollably, no elevated heart rate and no adrenaline rush. I think 30mg might have even been better if I had to talk more. I am so happy to have found this! Thank to all who left your stories on this board!"

Nrrvous (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have generalized anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder and panic attack disorder. I'm on 20 mg Lexapro, 200mg amitriptyline and 1-3 mg Clonazepam a day. When I get bad heart palpitations and/or angina (chest pain) from anxiety I take propranolol 40-120mg. Usually 40-80mg takes care of those heart symptoms but doesn't help any other anxiety symptoms. Just angina and fast heart beat."

Yusha (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I developed severe performance anxiety that would leave me vomiting before, during and after a stage show. Decided to give up acting as I couldn't cope with the extreme anxiety. I auditioned for and landed an amazing lead role but was immediately panicked by the thought of not being able to do it due to anxiety. The Dr prescribed me propranolol and oh my gosh does it work! I did three performances and took 20mg 90 mins before, 20mg 30 minutes before and 20mg in the interval and I loved every second of it. For the first time in years I actually enjoyed a performance. I had normal nerves (jitters, butterflies and dry mouth) but nothing unmanageable and they disappeared when I got into the swing of things. It felt like a miracle. If you are struggling with performance anxiety absolutely try this, if it works for someone with as extreme anxiety issues as me then it's definitely worth a try!"

MissOz (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "Hi I just felt the need to share my experience as a lot of people will be in my position. I'm a normally very confident lad, I work in a restaurant so I regularly communicate with people I don't know without issues, I do however fall to pieces when in a presentation situation, exam or interview where anxiety seems to set in, I get shakey and my mind can go completely blank. I looked online for a possible cure for this when I came across propranolol, I ordered some online via an online UK med store and tested them out today before my apprenticeship test, I honestly can't believe how well they worked, I was talkative and could think throughout the test, an absolute great and staple for hard situations from now on!"

Pedro April 7, 2018

For Anxiety: "I recently was put on this medication after being on 40mg for a week with zero effect they upped the dose to 80mg once a day still no change at all except being more tired and not being able to concentrate. Going to stick with it though will post another update soon"

Itsatrap (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I am at loss for words. I freeze up, my heart beats so hard and fast I can feel it in my cheeks. My face turns so red and I can barely speak. My freshmen year I had a horrific incident with public speaking and ever since then I haven’t been able to do it. I had finally had enough. I was so depressed and didn’t want to live my life because I was so convinced I was going no where in life because mentally I just couldn’t overcome this. I FINALLY got a prescription and oh my word. You guys. A LIFE CHANGER. I was extremely skeptical that all these reviews were just ads so I was so scared to put myself in the line of fire and it not work. I got up there to present... my anxiety THROUGH THE ROOF. My voice came out shaky the first word, and then boom. I felt so calm... my heart wasn’t beating fast at all....I was laughing having a good time. Felt like I was having a conversation with my mom. I literally excused myself to the bathroom after so I could go cry happily."

Anonymous April 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been on Xanax for the last 3 years following a bout with Seratonin Syndrome due to taking St. Johns Wart. I've tried Paxil, Celexa and Trazodone which landed me in the hospital with tachycardia, and feeling much worse than when I started. My doctor weaned me off all meds and has had me on Xanax for anxiety (which I didn't have before the Seratonin Syndrome) and I still have anxiety on a daily basis, along with rapid heart rate. I started seeing a new doctor recently and she suggested Propranolol for my heart and said it would also help my anxiety. After much debate I decided I had to try something, especially since I now refuse to take any kind of SSRI'S. So, I asked for the lowest dose, 10mg twice a day, started with 5mg at first and I'm still working my way up. I've been on this medication for a week now and I feel so much more calm, my heart rate is now in the 80's opposed to the 120's and I don't feel the need to take as much Xanax as before. Glad I gave this drug a try!"

Aconley1980 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Anxiety: "Been taking propranolol for about two weeks or so first does was 40mg twice a day first 6 days were fine the 7th day I was lying on the bed and it felt as if my head didn’t work like it was switched off. Went back to the doctors who lowered it 10mg and still I feel the same "

Claire (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Thyrotoxicosis: "Struggling with hyperthyroidism. Very fast heart rate and terrifying palpitations. Propranolol brought the rate down and stopped palpitations. I rely heavily on it. Great drug!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I have struggled speaking in front of large crowds over my career in leadership. Specifically with the first couple minutes from adrenaline which would noticeably make me talk fast, be short of breath, cracky voice, etc. it hasn’t been horrifying over time. Recently I had to speak for 30 min In front of every leader in my region which wasn’t over 100 people. I came across THIS site and figured I would try this pill based off the high reviews. This pill is a miracle!!! I killed the presentation and never suffered from the affect of high adrenaline when I was speaking. Now this will not fix the anxiety leading the presentation, however once you build confidence that you are able to communicate effectively when in front of everyone, the anxiety will become less and less. I experimented with different dosage before the presentation and decided to go 20mg two hours before and 10 mg and hour before. I am 180 pounds so this might differ based on your tolerance."

Mac March 24, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have had great results with this medication. It does not make me tired like lorazepam or other anxiety medications used on an as needed bases. Everyone will have a different response to this medication, but its worth talking to your healthcare provider about."

Mj (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "About 13 years ago I was hired on to a large Corporation. It required small presentations which were initially not an issue. About 3 years ago I was promoted to my dream position. Presenting on a bigger scale. My presenting is over the phone to upper mgmt and SR Engineers. During one of my proposals I had a full panic attack. I couldn't speak or articulate my ideas. My voice was unrecognizable. I struggled, fumbled and sounded awful. Embarrassed! After that moment I struggled regularly. Every time I was required to provide a proposal I had the worst anxiety; PANIC. I found this site and went to my Dr to discuss if Propranolol would be right for me. For me this mediation is a miracle. It did not take away the anxiety, but my symptoms of racing heart, shaky hands, inability to speak, memory loss or unable to articulate the subject matter was gone. This medication is a career saver for me. I give this tool a A+ for my situation"

Brad March 22, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "Truly Amazing! Don't get me wrong, when I'm told I have to present I still go into panic mode prior to the presentation. I view this as helpful as it forces me to come fully prepared. Its sort of funny how you worry right up till its your turn to present ( is it going to work?) then you get up there and you realize its working and your doing it. People now say they like it when I do presentations."

TP (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "Well I had this tremors and shaky voice for like 3 years I guess. I am 18 years old and I read a lot of reviews of a certain product before taking them so I would know all of the facts and side effects to start with. With this propranolol I was skeptical but I used it 20 minutes before my big presentation on a big crowd of 200 people and I can say that I nailed it"

procrastinator March 18, 2018

For Benign Essential Tremor: "I take propranolol 20 mg two times a day for 3 years for control of migraine headache. Now about 3y I've taken it for Essential Tremor. This drug side effect for me are Dry mouth , Dry eye, Cold Hands"

Maryam Mozaheb (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 15, 2018

For Anxiety: "I would not advise to take propanol for anxiety. It made me have bad blood circulation pains in legs, paranoid, cold hands, cold feet, very tired. Just take anxiety tablets instead."

Marie March 12, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I was prescribed 10 mg proponolol for panic disorder. The first dose (5mg) felt great for 30 minutes as it calmed my heart rate down; however, I began to experience chest tightness and tight throat. It was like having a panic attack without the racing heart. Horrible."

TT March 11, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "The answer to my prayers over speaking anxiety! I hated how nervous I got a month before a big event. The anxiety would haunt me. The day of was crazy! The presentation was all I could think about. I went to the doctor for a general checkup and explained my predicament, and she gave me this pill! No more panic! Super calm presentation!"

SM March 3, 2018

For Anxiety: "Only been on this medication for one week and already feel a lot more calm, taking for anxiety, manic bouts of anger/frustration and overthinking. Feel so much calmer already and certain situations that would usually provoke my anger I don’t even feel bothered about. Only downside is when I took the 2 pills a day I had really bad insomnia so have lessened the dosage to 1 pill."

Louise (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Anxiety: "I take 10mg 3 times a day and it does nothing for me. It hasn’t helped with the anxiety attacks at all. I feel like I might as well not take them at all as I can’t tell the difference"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "All, I swore if this drug worked that I would write a post to help others. This drug just help me conquer my biggest fear. I have been scared of public speaking my whole life and I am a lawyer and would avoid it at all costs. Small meetings I am fine but anytime there is an audience I get all symptoms and I have been embarrassed so many times. Well that is finally over! I took 40mg about an hour and a half before speaking at my new firm and nailed it. Cured! I was calm and for once didn't embarrass myself. I actually enjoyed it! Wow. I can't even express how good this feels. Take this drug and be cured !"

Fear conquered! (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I am 52 and have had devastating panic attacks since age 12. I tried tricyclics, then an SSRI (Zoloft) with limited results. Than I was given a "wonder drug," the benzodiazepine Xanax and my panic went from a 10 to a 2. That didn't last long because Xanax requires increased dosage to get past the tolerance your body develops to achieve the same result. After two years my doctor had me on a prescription of 8mg/day, (2mg 4x/day), an extremely high amount. In addition, Xanax is not intended for long term anti-anxiety therapy. I was getting into car accidents, couldn't concentrate, had slow reaction times, memory problems, etc. I also had to walk around with my prescription bottle in my pocket. I went to another doctor who introduced to Propranolol and it works wonders. Effexor XR also works well for me. I presently take Propranolol 60mg twice a day, Effexor 150mg/day, Klonopin-,a longer acting benzo-ONLY as needed and continue with counseling."

TheBigEasy (taken for 10 years or more) February 22, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I am a 42 year old male already on metoprolol for blood pressure which is also a beta blocker. I was in a class and when asked to do a presentation had a full blown panic attack. My adrenaline set my heart racing so fast I had to leave after about 30 seconds - And what is so horrible about it is that you are powerless against it. My doctor said just substitute the Propranolol at a lesser dosage and don’t take my Metoprolol when I have a presentation This morning I gave a speech and took 15 mg of Propranolol instead of my 25 mg of Metoprolol about an hour before my speech. At first I was worried because I could not tell if it would prevent the onset of a panic attack. I walked up there and aced my speech. It truly is a miracle drug - if you are prepared for your presentation or speech you will be able to pull it off with a relaxed poise and confidence - it just completely blocks the “fight or flight” response of your body. I am just going to try a lesser dose next time"

Social Anxiety February 21, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was feeling from the adverse effects from stopping Valium after 10 years. Propranolol helps me to just feel myself normal again. It is amazing because I can now feel and think without the side effects of ceasing Valium. I take 40mg four times a day... Great medicine and without tolerance and addiction."

Trevor Monaghan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2018