User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 469 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Propranolol

For Anxiety: "this is so good i feel way better no stress. confidence boost happy times are here:) thanks for the doctors who made it......"

kiwileo (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Anxiety: "propranolol IS EFFECTIVE in relieving anxiety (caused by family and\or social stress). I use it myself, once daily as a 40 mg tablet. except that, in the first hour, it may make you feel dizzy. it calms you down through regulating your blood pressure and heartbeat (which are almost always present with anxiety\mania). if you feel dizziness or cold extremities too often, you might want to consult your physician or pharmacist to lower the dose of INDERAL to 10 mg twice daily."

Saleh A. Ihsaan, pharmacist (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Anxiety: "For many years, I have suffered from debilitating panic attacks. I have taken anything you can fathom: benzos, (which do work but only for about 2 hours) antidepressants, etc. I was hesitant to take this medication, but, I'm glad i did/ do. I noticed a significant decrease in anxiety attacks, (which I was having every day) on the first day! Try getting that from an antidepressant! I currently take 30mg a day. I do get "anxious" but haven't had a full blown attack for months. I also take buspirone. For any mild anxiety I take gabepentin and hydroxyzine. (together) The only complaints I have are the weight gain, and overall lack of energy. I find myself wanting a nap on the daily. I'd rather have the extra lb, than ever live likr that again."

lgett (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I can honestly say that this drug saved my career."

Gauguin (taken for 10 years or more) August 26, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This pills really works!. I had a presentation yesterday and I took 3 20mg pills (60mg in total) 2 hours before my presentation and I was nerves before presenting and nerves seconds before I was to speak, but 4 seconds into my speech I didn't feel the nerves at all! I was so surprised! Please if you have fear of doing speeches take this pill. Also practice your speech! Practice also helps! Good luck!"

Works great! (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

For Anxiety: "I see so many positive reviews here. I am happy for you folks. I was using Clonazepam to control my general anxiety until the Veterans Administration decided to stop prescribing them. My doctor put me on propranolol, unfortunately it had no effect on my generalized anxiety. I see that it seems to benefit those with societal anxiety so thats good. Unfortunately for me benzos are the only thing that seems to help. Hard to find a doctor who will prescribe them now."

k2comp (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2016

Inderal (propranolol) for Performance Anxiety: "Awesome for controlling anxiety in the mind and letting you think clearly but I still feel the anxiety in my nerves but better alternative than benzodiazepines. Another con is it interrupts with exercise you can't sweat or get your heart rate up so if your going to exercise time the pill intake hours before."

Theoden21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I take Propranolol 120mg along with Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide 100mg/25mg once a day for severe high blood pressure and the results are awesome. My blood pressure is consistently averaging around 110/70 now, my heart rate is always around 70. I feel great and have zero side effects..."

MM44 August 23, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I have recently been diagnosed with ocular migraines and its been happening since november 2015. I didnt know what was happening to me until june. Since june i have been loosing my vision in my left eye almost every second day. Thé migranne is not always present but the sparks and loss of vision yes. I am at my whits end. Very depressed as différent préventif médications have not worked for me. I have been taking propranolol for 4 days now and i still had an épisode today. I.wondering how long i can expect to wait before i know the médication is working. Is there any hope ????????"

Leilati August 19, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "After trying everything under the sun - speaking classes, herbal, homeopathic, medicines, etc. Wasting time and thousands of dollars along the way, I found the miracle drug. Voila no more blushing, quivering, shaking, trembling voice. If you experience any of these symptoms when giving an intro or speaking to a group, its the end of your misery. If it worked for a speaking disaster like me, it will work for anyone. Thank you Sir James Black for your invention. You gave me a new life."

Ashton007 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have suffered with anxiety and depression a number of years now. Finally over coming for the most part depression I was left with horrible anxiety. It built up month after month - i tried everything nothing worked. Until one day my doctor prescribed me beta blockers. My life has turned around! I take them as needed. Never more than 2 xs 40mg per day. Usually just one - rare 2 and some days none at all. It did give me insomnia at first but that has leveled out. Im so much calmer - my work output is up and im feeling better than I have in years! Propranolol has been a total life changer for me in the positive. Big thumbs up!"

Dino68 August 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I wanna kiss the guy or girl who invented this.. It works!"

Georbars August 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I had multiple presentations every day this week. I get anxiety even thinking about it. As embarrassing as this sounds being a 46 year old female, when talking in front of a group I feel like I'm going to pass out, I get dizzy, my heart trembles, my voice crackles and I sweat. I can't even finish. I was desperate for help since this would affect my career if I didn't do it. I read about this medication and begged my doctor to prescribe it to me.I took it the day before 20 mgs to see how it affected me and didn't tell much of a difference. The next day I had my first presentation. I took 20 mgs one hour before and this by far was a miracle pill for me. I was a little nervous still but it didn't even phase me. No side effects for me."

SRP - A miracle pill! (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I have always been fearful of public presentation and had a lot of nervous symptoms but it was manageable and I was on an antidepressant on and off. It wasn't until I got into the medical field that I started shaking in my class when I had to do blood draws in front of the entire class and my reaction really surprised me. My PCP thankfully rx'd me propanolol 10 mg which I took before blood draws and presentations and it completely took away shaking/blushing/lump in throat. Now I'm working in the medical field and I have to take everyday because my work is fast pased and I'm not sure when an anxiety reaction will show up. I have to use it when training new people and when someone is teaching me a new task."

Laila83 August 14, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've had terrible anxiety with regard to public speaking. Heart races,out of breath, voice quivering terribly. I was asked to be best man at my friends wedding and propanolol completely erased all the symptoms. I had the most intense fear standing up ready to deliver my speech.I ended up taking 5x10mg tablets. 10mg at 2pm, 20 at 3, 10 at 3:30 and a final 10mg at 4. Speech was at 5. If youre reading this, relax, *you are going to be okay*. Propranolol will crush all these symptoms. The only possible error you can make is taking too low a dose, too late on. Take early and top-up, if needed. Consult with a doctor for dosage, but aim on the higher side to be rock-solid sure of its efficacy if the event is extremely terrifying."

best man August 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "For the last several months I was having what You call "Blushing Attacks"? at work. Uncontrollable intense blushing when I had to socialise with several people at one time. However, after my Doctor prescribed this drug to Me, I took 10 mg today before My shift and just like that there was nothing. I felt nervous sometimes but My body just remained in total control with no sweating or embarrassing red face. I would have taken 15 mg's on further thought, but it basically did the trick. I didn't really feel drowsy or anything just way more rational in thought and more or less laid back, and less stressed at the end of My shift."

MrDef261 August 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I recently got prescribed propranolol at 10MG once a day for 2 weeks the. Got increased to 80MG and now I'm on 2, 80MG tablets a day for severe anxiety, neck pain and migraines. And it's worked an absolute treat! Noticed a difference straight away and when i forget to take them for a couple of days o get s migraine instantly!!"

KaatieharrisonYT (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: "I put on 40kg over the course of 12 years of this medication but I don't have migraines. The generic ones don't work at all except Derralin (can no longer get inderral in Australia) I would recommend anyone with life altering migraines to try it for 3 months. It just might be the cure you are waiting for."

woolyhead August 7, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I was prescribed this by my doctor to take to calm me down for a job interview. I tested it today for a mock interview at university and it is amazingly effect. I usually suffer from an increased heart rate, clammy hands, shakey voice and body and a nervous red rash that spreads across my face and chest. I was so calm after taking 20 mg an hour before the mock interview and one 10 mg fifteen minutes before. My body remained completely calm like it would if I was just watching television at home. Still some nervous thoughts but because my body was relaxed I was able to stay in control and interview well. Still a bit of a nervous flush but no where near as bad as unmedicated. Can't wait to see how this holds up for the actual interview."

Nervous Interviewer August 3, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Hello every body.I am 35 years old male from india.Due to some disturbances in personal life i developed migrane.Migrane started in the morning after awakening if i slept beyond 6 am.I consulted a lot of psychatrists and they all prescribed me different ssris or tricyclics or benzo with lot of side effects..So i tried propranolol.Believe me propranolol is the best anti migrane med that i ever tried.Its a miracle.My life is now migrane free.I take 40 mg immediate release in the morning.In india you can buy any branded medicine because cost of medicines here are extremely low.So need for medical insurance.I take ciplar 40(propranolol 40) which costs me just 40 rs INR for 15 tablets.Less than 2 $per month."

tk2001 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "It's amazing. Works better than Xanax or other anxiety because its situational and you only take it when you need it and it doesn't put you to sleep. It's also amazing for those days you want to go to the pool and not obsess over anxiety of swimsuits in public. A life changer."

Jukebox tour (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Excellent Medicine, I had a presentation which i always feared to take and used to avoid it, This time it was mandatory. i researched a lot on the net and found lot of good reviews about proprapronol - Inderal. Doc prescribed 40 mg. Although taking medicines is not good always, but very rarely when there is a presentation it should be ok. I was skeptical though about working. Had one 40 Mg dose 2 hours before, it took 2 hours to start working. In the meeting, i was as usual feeling tense before my turn. till i started the presentation i was feeling tense as soon as i started, donno what happened, but i spoke very fluent. Although i was prepared but still the fluency showed up and it was really a good feeling, This really really worked today"

Paul David August 1, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I was asked a few months ago to give a best man speech in front of 800 people at my best friends wedding. I was super stressed for the months leading up to the event and went to my doctor to ask for a prescription. He prescribed 1-4 20gm pills 1-2 hours before speaking. The wedding was last night and due to the chaos I didn't know when my speech would be. I ended up taking one 20mg pill about 4 hours before my speech, a second 20mg pill about 2.5 hours before my speech and chewing half a pill about 20 min before my speech. I am amazed at how effective this medicine is, I was calm through the entire speech with no racing heart or trembling voice. My only recommendation is to take it with food otherwise it may cause upset stomach."

Nervous Best Man (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I had a panic attack recently where I had to present myself in front of a group of people. I am wondering if this propanolol will do the trick to save my career! "

Hard life July 29, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Public speaking has been a huge issue for me for years. Even introducing myself was an experience that I would dread for weeks out of I knew I had to do it. I've always thought that one day I would adjust and get over it, but I never did. I would lose my breath, forget what I needed to say, sweat, heart rate would sky rocket, etc. my doctor prescribed me this yesterday. I had to speak today, so I tried it for the first time. I still felt somewhat nervous when I was just about to get up, but when I did i found I was able to get a sentence out because my breath was taken from me. I was able to recall the information I needed. I feel like I'm going to be able to as successful as I should be now that I've defeated what has become my worse enemy"

Dee nice (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016