User Reviews for Propranolol

5.5

1 review 122 medications
Summary of Propranolol reviews 8.4 750 reviews

Reviews for Propranolol

For Performance Anxiety: "This is the BEST drug for job interviews! No heart palpitations, blushing, or fight and flight thoughts. I took a 30mg dose 1.5 hours before the interview and I felt great! No issues whatsoever. This drug has helped me immensely!"

Rookie (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I used to be a very confident speaker in college but I always felt awkward in social situations. As I progressed professionally I had to do more of public speaking generally on a round table with some 20 odd people. I once messed up very badly about couple of years ago. Since then I developed fear for public speaking with humiliation and embarrassment several times post that. I thought of leaving my job. I visited a doctor couple of months back for anxiety and he prescribed me Propranolol. So far it has worked really well and in spite of being nervous I am able to speak properly without my voice cracking or heart racing. I am deeply indebted to this drug and it has perhaps given me my life back."

Gametheorist (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

For Anxiety: "Be very careful on this drug. I used is situationally for presentations and public speaking anxiety. It worked amazingly for those situations. No more shaky hands, voice, stuttering, panic, etc. And, I still felt clear headed. My issues came when I was told to take 40mg daily for anxiety. It started messing with my heart's electrical system and caused an irregular heart beat occasionally. Basically, at night my heart rate would slow way down and actually skip a beat making me wake up in a gasp. I would also feel this when I worked out. I was told this isn't dangerous by my Dr. but that is tough to believe when it feels like your heart stops for a second. So, occasionally, I think this drug is great. Just be careful taking it daily. I think there are better options out their for a daily anxiety drug that doesn't mess with your heart."

Aaron (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I take 20 mg an hour before public speaking it works wonders. Previously I have just used Cocaine however Propranonol works out cheaper overall and I don't feel an overwhelming urge to celebrate with alcohol and obnoxious behaviour afterwards - which was the side effect of cocaine"

Johno (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2018

For Arrhythmia: "Propanolol saved my life having hyperactive Thyroid after pregnancy. My heart is beating fast every morning if I do not take it I feel like I will die. Once I take it I feel perfect. I take 10mg a day for a year now. I hate being dependent on pills but this pill keeps me alive."

Me1 June 22, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I've had a debilitating fear of public speaking my whole life and it has affected my career. I resigned from two jobs because I feared having to present. Every time I've had to present, it's been a nightmare and so humiliating to the point where I've had terrible panic attacks. What started as a fear of presenting has evolved into anxiety from conference calls, leaving voicemails, meetings with 2 or 3 people, interviews etc. I'm female weighing 51kg and was prescribed 40mg. I took it 1hr before an interview and it was too strong for me. I felt like I had been tranquilised (very slow and spaced out). I had to really make an effort to concentrate. It worked though! I was still nervous but the physical symptoms were gone which made me feel calm. Whilst this drug is life changing, it's not w/out side effects. I've had headaches, dry mouth, lack of concentration, insomnia & shallow breathing. These side effects aren't enough to keep me from using it though. It really is a miracle drug!"

NC June 22, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "FREEDOM!! That’s what this gave me. I have done some solos in church and my heart would race, my voice and hands trembled. I love singing and hated that I could not share that with the congregation especially when all eyes are on me I started propranolol after speaking with my therapist. Not only did it take the tremors and fear away it gave me confidence and I was able to not only sing but song with power when I needed to. I feel released from the prison of performance anxiety. Released from feeling so down and disappointment in myself from not being able to sing. What a feeling to stand up in front of people and not start sweating and not worrying about what anyone else thinks."

Songbird June 20, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I have generally had pretty good success presenting in meetings. However, when it comes to presenting in front of a larger crowd, I have always struggled with stage fright - heart beats fast, shaky voice, talk very fast and my brain feels clouded. Recently, I had to present in front of a large crowd and had a bad episode. Since then, I have had a general anxiety whenever I have had to talk even in smaller meetings which never happened before. My doctor prescribed me propranolol, 20 mg 1 hour before the event. I tried it last week when I had to give a speech in front of a large audience. I was nervous throughout the week up until I held the mic and started talking. When I started talking, I did not have any of the symptoms. I was able to deliver my speech well. It worked like magic! For this specific event, I had 20 mg 2 hours prior to the event and another 20 mg 1 hour prior. Since then I have been having only 20 mg 1 hour prior to any stressful meeting and it still works."

dfm June 20, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "For stage fright, this drug works. Like most on here, I've been terrified of public speaking ever since a bad episode in college, panic attacks, sweaty palms, voice disappears. I take 10mg the morning of a presentation to keep my body calm early in the day. Then I take 30mg an hour before, and maybe a final 10mg twenty minutes before. I've gone from struggling through a presentation in front of 5 or 6 people, to presenting in front of 500+ people. You'll still be mentally nervous, maybe even sweat a little, but when the time comes you'll be steady and your voice will be there. Trust me. Just get the dosage right (can't take too much, but you can take too little). Only side effect is drowsiness for me."

GoBucks (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "OM goodness people. This is a miracle pill. I generally get really nervous when I have to give a speech, I get lost in my own words, I forget what I had to say, my voice breaks, I basically forgot how to talk. But today I took three 10 mg pills 90 minutes before my speech and 1 more 60 minutes before. It initially made me pretty sleepy but that was gone in half an hour. And the speech guys. That was just EASY, smooth, better than rehearsal. I actually enjoyed it. Felt like there was no one in the room and I was talking to myself. So pleased. I have 3 more to go through and now I know what to do. I swear I’m not an ad for propranolol. I took anaprilin which is propranolol in my country. So happy."

Ana (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I started taking Propranolol once a day at bedtime to help control my migraines. It has been exactly a month that I’ve been on it. It has helped me immensely with keeping these awful migraines at bay with the exception of only having one migraine the entire month. About 2 weeks ago I started having signs of depression. I have no appetite, no energy and I’m always fatigued. I feel really terrible about myself and I haven’t a clue why. I lost 8 pounds and on my small body frame that is a lot. I have absolutely no urge or desire to eat what so ever, things I used to enjoy I no longer care about. I’m at a very low point from this medication. I have had no other changes in my life that would be causing these side effects, therefore I know it’s from the Propranolol."

ghostorchid June 14, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "After years of preaching every Sunday in a large church of 1000-plus, I suddenly developed extreme anxiety and stage fright. One Sunday I had to stop because my heart was pounding so hard, I couldn't catch my breath, and I broke into a sweat. Talk about flight or fight, I had this unbelievable urge to run away. Tried meditation, deep breathing, taking Benadryl, Ashwagandha and Phinebut. Nothing worked that well until I tried propranolol. It's brought me back to my old self and eliminated the anxiety. I take 40mg about an hour before the first worship service, then another 20mg before the second worship service. Just fantastic. Allows me to continue pursuing my calling and I am very thankful."

Preacher (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "Performance anxiety strikes me and knowing how my hands get shaky when I have to play piano, I had to ask my Doctor to prescribe me something so my heart isn't beating as fast and my hands aren't shaking in front of so many people. Just for this event I got 20mg of propranolol and it worked! All it did is keep my hands steady and without altering my focus I played my piece without having to worry. I guess for once or twice a year it's worth getting propranolol if one gets stage anxiety"

Maria (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "Discovering this drug has been a career saver. Like others, I promised I would contribute a review to help others if the drug worked. I’ve always suffered bad fight or flight symptoms (racing heart, shortness of breath) when public speaking. Unsure when or why this kicked in, but likely due to stress and a higher profile role at work. Been using propranolol situationally (once a month) for a year which was effective for smaller talks. Today used it for a large presentation (audience of 100+) and just as effective. Worked myself up into an anxiety frenzy weeks as wasn’t sure it would work for such a big event, but it came through and did the trick. Get the dosage right. Experiment with dosage that works for you, then relax knowing it’s got you covered. It’s great there’s a way to manage the crippling fear of public speaking and get on with life."

Prop works June 9, 2018

For Anxiety: "As with everything in life, I found that propranolol makes a significant difference to anxiety symptoms and helps me personally calm down/perform to my ability when public speaking. I work in the banking sector and experience extreme pressure and stress on occasions. It is a major game player and I would highly recommend for people that suffer and feel hindered by this awful condition. I also found my confidence significantly improved. However occasionally after use I do feel worn out, tired and emotionless. Also I can get headaches and chest pain Therefore I would suggest to only use when you really need to and under extreme pressure. It will make a significant difference for you."

C (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2018

For Anxiety: "I started taking propranolol 10mg last week. For the last 10 years I've been suffering from anxiety and depression but never asked for help as I didn't want it getting noted on my file. I was put on propranolol 10mg for my anxiety which I thought would never go away - the overthinking the racing heart etc. Well this tablet was a life saver (literally). My confidence has came back, I don't get anxious anymore, it really is a miracle drug. I am going continue to take this twice a day 10mg in the morning and 10mg at 17.00pm. I would rate this medication 10 stars but it makes you tired throughout the day which sucks. Anyone with anxeity should 100% try this its amazing."

Getting back to myself. (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I'm a 53kg female so quite small. I'm in a leadership role and have struggled with presenting most of my career despite having to do this frequently. I have struggled through major fight and flight symptoms with voice shaking, heart racing so fast its like running a marathon, fast high voice and cognitively clouded not being about to think properly. Propanolol has been a game changer for me. I take 10mg 90 minutes before and it completely removes the fight or flight response. I am yet to try 20mg but plan to try before the next big presentation to see if this makes a difference."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "In my past, there were incredibly embarrassing moments in both my educational experience and professional career where I've stood in front of large groups, trembling, voice shaking, red in the face, just completely out of control in a panic while trying to give a speech or presentation and feeling completely embarrassed and mortified after. I'm writing this today after presenting in front of 100 people successfully today, confidently without issues. I've been taking propranolol for 5 years now and it has never failed me. I typically take 20mg a couple hours before and 10-20mg an hour before. It makes the panic non-existent. No more fight or flight. I just think clearly the entire time in front of the group I'm speaking to and am able to relay my message. Note, the feeling of being afraid can still be there leading up to speaking, but the negative reaction that causes the embarrassing physical effects never manifests."

Working Professional May 25, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I have dealt with crippling anxiety for about 10 years. I thought it would eventually subside as I gained more experience in public speaking... wrong. My irrational fear of public speaking has held me back both academically and professionally. I tried Klonopin and it helped but it was still very difficult. I found this website and thought with such high ratings propranolol must work. I asked my doctor and he prescribed 10 mg tablets that I take about an hour before my event. I can assure you, it has changed my life. If you suffer from severe performance anxiety ask your doctor about propranolol. I wish I could have found it long ago, sometimes just having it on hand is peace of mind."

waggyP May 18, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "Hi guys, propranolol has quite literally changed my life and I am so happy that I have found it. I felt a need to spread the word to those who could benefit and I urge anyone who feels they might be being held back by their "performance anxiety" to talk to their GP about this drug. It really does work, and its amazing. Good luck guys"

Tim (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "Ive always had social anxiety to the point that it not only effects me in group meeting settings but even talking on a conference call or sometimes one on one at work. Propranolol has save my life and career. My new job requires me to speak to groups of people and without it, I would be a walking panic attack. With a 10mg dose I can go through my day without the panic setting in. If I need to do a presentation I will take 20mg and it has not failed me. I will say initially, it made me super drowsy and gave me headaches and just drained me. Once I started taking it consistently, after about 2-3 weeks, those side effects were gone. So if you are dealing with those effects, try it consistently and see if they dimenish. I’ll always deal with anxiety and panic disorder but this drug keeps the physical symptoms at bay and allows me to proceed with my life. And for that, I am so so grateful."

social anxiety + panic attacks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2018

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: "I take it for: essential tremor, migraine prevention, blood Pressure, mitral valve prolapse. One medication for multiple things! This is the BEST medication on the planet in my opinion."

cheryl2663 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 13, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I took this after reading everyone’s reviews and after being terrified about speaking onstage to an audience of about 150 people. I was absolutely dreading the event. My biggest fear was a shaking voice and hands holding a microphone, loss of thoughts. That I would be remembered as the bumbling nervous failure. I found this forum and asked my doctor. I took 10mg 90 minutes before and then the 20mg an hour before. I had no clue it would work but when it was my turn to get on stage to speak it was magical. No heart pounding, no shaking, no loss of words. My thoughts flowed. Now I was totally prepared and practiced and that is the anchor to where I knew what I was saying, but the meds took care of the rest. Brilliant way to finally feel confident in front of a large group and receive so many compliments. Don’t avoid it, don’t let fight or flight take over your life. Get this and face it and your life will change!"

LAfilmnotlive (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "I am really happy to see that this is familiar with many people who are really successful in their life. I used to have nightmares whenever I have a presentation the next day and after I moved to international company one of my main duties is to present to tens and hundreds and at this moment I felt the challenge I was facing. I tried many tactics but all failed and I felt awful until I found inderal 40mg. I used to take 2 pills one in the morning and one before 2 hours my presentation and believe me everything changed dramatically. I was able to present fluently with full confidence. Yes I still face sometimes a dry mouth and it is fine to take sip of water and continue or use biotene to fight dry mouth. But things are better...I still wonder why these symptoms are coming even though I have the confidence and the capabilities. I wonder what others are doing...maybe they are also using this medication?"

Rawad (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Performance Anxiety: "As someone who works in the medical field this stuff is awesome! I have always suffered from terrible stage fright! Nothing worse then the shaky voice, shaky hands and red not face. The worst part is the moments before when your heart feels like it is beating out of your chest! I described my symptoms to my doctor and she prescribed me 10 mg pills. I had a presentation the other day where I had to speak several hours. I took 40 mg a hour and a half before my presentation. I was very anxious the day before and then moments leading up to it but once I got up there my heart was beating at a normal rate and I actually enjoyed it! Would totally recommend this to anyone who suffers from stage fright it really will change your life. Thank you to whoever made this drug! The only thing I have a problem with once in awhile is sleeping but not too bad. Propanolol can lower your levels of melatonin. So if you have a little trouble sleeping just take a little bit of melatonin should do the trick :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018