User Reviews for Propranolol

1 review 124 medications
Summary of Propranolol reviews 8.4 916 reviews

Reviews for Propranolol

Ams August 11, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "If you are somebody who suffers from the physical symptoms of anxiety (increased heart rate, shaking, breathlessness, dry mouth) then you must try this product! At school when ever I had to read or speak in public I would always lose breathlessness and shake and be completely embarrassed. Then after discovering this drug when I was informed I had to do a presentation at university and couldn’t escape it, I requested it from my doctor. This is an absolute miracle drug! I can now stand up in front of hundreds of people and feel confident. Although you still feel nervous before a crowd, as soon as you speak you feel a complete sense of calm. I have even been congratulated on how well I read. I now feel so powerful and amazing at public speaking. I can face my fears, all thanks to this amazing drug! I take 40mg an hour before. The only downside is I receive a dry mouth after talking for more than a couple of minutes but keeping water handy is the key."

Skylar7 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 11, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I’ve been on propranolol for high BP for almost a year, does it work yes. However it comes with a hefty price tag and that being your overall well being. I slipped into a depression from it when I tried coming off it my heart rate rocketed to 95 beats a minute from 65 sitting still. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Scared to death I went back up to my normal dose. I don’t have any feeling inside towards people my wife or anything. I’m completely dead inside thanks to this but hey guess I’m alive so that’s a bonus. No interest in sex or anything that used to make me happy. I have no pre existing conditions that would of caused depression and was a happy person before taking it. Upside is that having no emotion you really don’t care about anything so no stress or anxiety. My suggestion is that when you talk to your doctor ask them if they would give this to their kids. That should help you make a decision as to whether or not it’s worth the price. Good luck people and heed my advice."

MM · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 9, 2019

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been on propranolol for around 10 months and I definitely have seen results although I'm not yet in the point that I want to be. I had migraines 2 or 3 times a week in the past. Now, taking 60mg of propranolol per day I have migraines around 3 times by month. It's still not perfect and when I see a lot of people saying they don't have migraine at all it makes me so frustrated because I'm sick and tired of being so weak :( So, I guess I'll go back to the doc to see if I should go to 80mg. I just hope that on a long term this medicine is not going to kill me from inside.. Only one can hope!"

Shannon · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2019

For Anxiety: "I've been on propranolol 10mg 1x/daily (AM) for anxiety for 1 month. It seems to be combating physical symptom pretty quickly. Ex) I have thick hair & it feels like I'm always wearing a hat. Especially after I shower, my face gets hot, my hair traps it, & my face sweats, making my anxiety worse. Since starting this drug, the sweating stops sooner & I don't feel hot as long. I don't feel PVCs anymore, & the thought of leaving my house doesn't make me want to cry. The tightness in my chest stopped, I don't feel like a live grenade, & I'm less irritable. I have gained about 5lbs & if this isn't temporary I'll have to stop the drug. I have body dysmorphia, so weight gain is not tolerable for me. Finally, I have had a few dizzy spells on this drug if I don't eat enough. I'm happy so far & hope I can stay around this dose so I don't have cardiac side effects when I end up stopping. There goes my anxiety again!"

user101 August 7, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "I finally had the courage to tell my doctor about my anxiety issues when presenting in front of a group. I was prescribed 10mg of propranolol to take as needed before an event. So I gave it a try and took one test pill of 10mg the day before just to see how my body would adjust and I could definitely feel the difference throughout the day however I was still concern 10mg wouldn’t be enough for when I actually present. So the following day I took two 10mg pills 90 minutes before presenting and wow this is a miracle pill! My voice is one to crack fast due to heavy breathing but this was not the case! I would recommend anyone battling with performance anxiety to take this! The only side effect for me was upset stomach the following day but I’ll take that any day instead of making a fool of myself in front of people. Please note, you will still be anxious/nervous (all in your mind) but your heart will not be rushing and this is what makes you be in control :)"

B · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2019

For Anxiety: "I take this occasionally for social anxiety especially when I have to give a presentation. I take 20-40 mg. I have a major fear of public speaking and this medication has helped me SO much with that. Your first reaction to stress is a physical response, your heart races and then your brain kicks in and tells you your anxious. Propanolol eliminates that physical response and helps me feel way more at ease in social situations. I don’t recommend taking it daily if you don’t need it because I feel that it dulls me down quite a bit, I find it better used occasionally for specific situations. One side effect is trouble falling asleep"

R · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 7, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "Well... I NEVER LEAVE ANY REVIEWS but.... because I used this reviews myself before taking it a few years back I wanted to share my thoughts on it. For Panic attacks, social phobia, and control the fight or flight this medication doing what it suppose to. and this is the BEST! If you just try it at home you won't feel it, but - when you take it before a social event or important meeting when you have to talk in front of people, or even if you have social phobia in general - it acts when you start feeling the stress coming up and you can actually feel the drug stopping it at the same time! Propranolol lets you focus on the big picture and not about hiding your symptoms. Keep in mind, it won't stop anything going in your head, you will still be worried but your body won't betray you Honestly, best thing ever, I take it as needed 40mg. before taking SSRI try this. I hope it will change your life as it did for me. Back in control baby."

Student · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "I'm a college student and I suck at presentations. The last one was just a small class presentation. I was excited to present, but when I got up there, it all went downhill. I got so nervous for some reason and I could not talk. After that pitiful night., I started getting major performance anxiety for my upcoming presentation because I did not know how to prepare to be calm when I felt like a lion was going to eat me. This anxiety manifested for a year (until my next presentation), until it got to a point where I felt so overwhelmed that I was losing myself. (It got damn bad). I did some research and found this website. I had not seen a higher reviewed drug before. I finally had hope. I promised myself that if this drug actually works, I will comeback and give it a 10. And now, I am back. Had the best presentation in my life. And I am giving it a 10. That's all I'll say."

aarch01 · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

For Anxiety: "I took my first dose of propanolol today I noticed a difference in my anxiety. I don't believe that this medicine will take away my anxious thoughts but that is not what bothers me. What bothers me is the constant nervous feeling, my heart beating very fast and the trembling in my body and voice whenever I feel anxious. I'm not like that all the time only in situation when I'm uncomfortable. I definitely believe that I have agoraphobia. But after just one pill I do feel better and I imagine with time that I will be feeling completely normal. I will come back in a week and share my experience and then after one month. I'm already very excited about my experience."

Akul016 · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2019

For Anxiety: "Worst drug I ever took, I was so sick for one month, nausea, low energy, throwing up, couldn’t sleep, hallucinations when I closed my eyes, nightmares, fatigue, blurred vision, chest pain, couldn’t breathe, fast heartbeat, depersonalization, loss of memory, libido disappeared, no appetite, couldn’t concentrate, fainting, body pain."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "Well, what can I say? It’s all true. I’ve read all the posts and I must say that I agree with those who find propranolol effective. IT JUST WORKS! I mean I’m so shocked how all my symptoms disappeared. No shaky hands, no rapid heartbeat, no sweating, no anxiety other than the anxiety from not knowing whether it would work. I literally walked to the mic in front of 100s of people said my speech, which I prepared diligently, realized I had no symptoms (noted above), smiled and delivered it flawlessly. I’m so happy. This is a life changer. The sky is the limit now. Thanks Propranolol.....YOU’RE THE BEST."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

For Anxiety: "I am taking inderal for migraine and essential tremor. Makes me weak and gives me sore muscles"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2019

For Anxiety: "I've been taking this medicine for 4 month now but it is not working. It makes me very angry, and my anxiety level is high now as well."

Chief · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "For sooo long I was suffering alone I am 30 years old and 5 months ago I did not know there was such thing as performance anxiety. The word stage fright was always a myth to even me. Someone who would have increased heart rate, shake, have a funny voice and start sweating just wanting to run from a presentation. My anxiety was so severe, I have been taking only 20mg one hour before known presentations and it works. Today I was caught off guard and told to introduce my self 3 hours after taking my 20mg pill and I was still able to get through it with no physical symptoms. So grateful for this, and the opportunity to be successful in my career."

H.sh July 23, 2019

For Anxiety: "With propranolol 40 mg twice daily to 3 times I no longer feel the bad anxiety. I tried xanax and lexapro but they helped nothing like Inderal (propranolol)"

ka · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 23, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "I take Propranolol on an as-needed basis, so only when I have something like a presentation or job interview. I used to get very shaky and sweaty hands, rapid heart beat, and very shaky voice. I now take 20mg of Propranolol 30 mins to an hour before the event and I am a-okay! It's amazing. Of course there is still mental anxiety, but it is not manifesting physically in the body, so I am much more confident. I don't have the added anxiety of worrying that everyone can see how nervous I am. This was a life saver in college and helped me out tremendously. Would highly highly recommend talking to your doctor if you suffer from this kind of anxiety. After taking this pill and doing many presentations in college, I can now do presentations without it (smaller ones anyway). It is truly a game changer."

pnc · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "It is a double-edged sword: you feel invisible to the audience but it negatively alters your perception of sound (for example, a tuned guitar sounds out of tune) which removes the enjoyment of music. On the other hand it can produce a depression about a week after its use."

Annoy July 21, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: " I suffer from stage fright, shaky voice, fast heartbeat, my hands get shaky when I'm nervous. I'm in South Africa, I want to try it but I might need to get a prescription from the Doctor, it is called Inderal here in South Africa"

marvin July 21, 2019

For Anxiety: "Propranolol is excellent for damping-down anxiety (actually eliminated mine). In a past life I used alcohol to attempt to deal with anxiety. I was put on propanapol for a liver disease issue but it had the unexpected benefit of getting rid of the anxiety I was feeling altogether. I take 10 mg in the am and 10mg at night. Helps with sleep too. I owe so much to this medication."

Zaina · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2019

For Migraine Prevention: "Propranolol helped reducing my migraine episodes and gradually I am migraine free."

Cherry · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2019

For Anxiety: "Got put on 120mg for major anxiety and was great for about three weeks then the trouble started as my heart rate dropped to 40, blood pressure which was already low dropped to 80/40 hospitalized and have been told by hospital drs never take it again. My dr said to try 10 mg once a day which then put me back in hospital thinking I was having a heart attack unable to form sentences. I knew what was going on but I couldn't think to form a sentence and I was like wow wall paint is pretty. So no this drug is not for me and I would start slow on it just to find out how your body will react it may be great for some people but everyone is different. but for me it's a no."

JustAregularGuy · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug propranolol really helped me for situational performance anxiety in my professional career. It calms me down and enables me to speak without being bothered by my heart-rate or breathing or being too rushed. It's a great confidence booster, I now have no doubts that I can present well no matter the situation (provided I am well prepared). I found that only 10mg taken 90-60 min beforehand already works perfectly for me. For some bigger events I did take 20mg, 10mg 4 hours before and 10mg 90min before which helps reduce anxiety in the run-up."

Jackobi · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

Inderal (propranolol) for Performance Anxiety: "I take Inderal with Klonopin and other psych. meds. Helps blood with blood pressure but not a great anti-anxiety drug by itself. The only side effect that bothers me is too many nightmares at bedtime and blurry vision."

Skyfaith · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2019

For Anxiety: "I have been taking propranolol for almost 3 months for anxiety. I've got to say by far it's the best med I've taken. After being on antidepressants prozac then citalopram and now sertraline and none of them work to stop my panic attacks. My doctor decided to try me on beta blockers, I've honestly got my life back I was basically agraphobic before this. Highly recommend"

Bez · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2019

For Performance Anxiety: "What an amazing drug propranolol is. I was suffering with anxiety and panic attacks after a horrific year. Anxiety was unbearable and affecting my sleep, appetite and I was becoming pretty much dysfunctional. Worst thing I've had to manage. Anyway tried Sertraline which gave me terrible side effects so came off it after 4 days. Diazepam was great but was worried about its addictive tendencies so I decided to give Propanalol a go. I only took 10mg after an awful night with anxiety and its worked a dream. I will be continuing this regularly for now and feel the most relaxed Ive felt in a long time."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)