User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 488 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Propranolol

For Anxiety: "Have tried other medication (Sertraline) previously and experienced some nasty side effects. This time I requested something different and was prescribed Propranolol hydrochloride. I must say I have noticed a vast improvement in my stress and anxiety levels and have not had any nasty side effects. I am grateful to have finally found something that works."

Mr WILD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug saved my life and career. Public speaking has been one of the most difficult fears I have ever had to face. At school I would never put my hand up because I was too scared to speak up in public. I mean NEVER! I started using this about 10 years ago after speaking to my doctor and it has been a total lifesaver in my career that requires regular public speaking. I am now in control and know that I no longer have to live with the crippling fear that once consumed me. Highly recommended!"

No more fear September 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've always had GAD and some performance anxiety only with school or work related tasks. I've never really trembled uncontrollably until I started a new career in the medical field. Past few months my anxiety attacks have increased for reasons it wouldn't have in the past.I've always had service industry jobs. Needless to say I now need to take 10mg twice daily to perform my job without running away. It does its job well as far as the physical symptoms with a calming effect but mentally you still may have thoughts. Do I wish I didn't have to take a daily med for anxiety? Of course but with this med I still feel like myself without the panic, SSRI's made me feel numbed out but help a lot of people. I prefer propanolol at this point."

cami83 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This pill has made my school life so much easier. I would do anything I can to get out of a presentation in class before. I would talk to the teachers and try to get an alternate assignment but then I didn't want others to wonder why I was the only person to not do the presentation. I have severe anxiety and before presentations, I would get clammy, turn red all over my face and chest, my stomach would turn so much to the point where I'd almost throw up. And this would happen the second I'd find out that I had to do a presentation in class whether it be in 5 months from then or the next day. I would try to drop the class sometimes. My doctor introduced me to propranolol. i recommend this to anyone. I can now speak without voice tremors."

Jdb030513 September 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "I usually don't write reviews for stuff like this, but I took this today for the first time (40mg tablet)- Over the past several months I have been really struggling to get through work meetings, presentations and general social events. Even driving has been a struggle as I get irritable very easily lately, especially in peak hour traffic. I break out into a sweat and get really hot, I bounce my legs and become fidgety, my chest tightens, heart races and I cannot think properly. I start to stress out because I cannot control the physical symptoms and it just makes it worse. It has been absolutely exhausting. Today I felt normal for the first time in awhile, while driving and facilitating groups, meeting new people. Everything was fine :)"

cpj81 September 22, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I started this drug last night I had a very sore chest bit of trouble breathing an trouble sleeping today iam very tired and no energy I only took 10mg has anyone else had this problem"

Allz September 22, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug saved my life. I am 40+ PhD senior manager in a major company and I have had speaking anxiety with big crowds that goes waay beyond normal nerves. I have tried every type of therapy and public speaking training. 18 months ago I gave a review to 70 people that went so badly (I will spare details) and left me so full of shame I went home and considered ending my life as I could see no way out or ability to face my wife and beautiful children. I saw a doctor, who gave me propranolol and now I am a flawless, speaker who is referred to as one of the strongest speakers in the company! Preparation and knowledge is 100% critical, but this drug removes clinical, crippling inhibitions and lets me show who I really am. Life saving!"

Relieved and saved (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

For Anxiety: "Rode the depression roller coaster for several years, and after series of traumatic events in my early 20s, I lived in such a constant state of panic, I could hardly leave my house. I was Diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder at 26. I tried an SSRI with no success. My doctor prescribed propranolol (20mg, twice a day) and while I thought it was a long-shot, I gave it a try. I felt a change within a day or two: naturally relaxed, not drugged or drowsy or high, or anything weird. So here I am, 18 months later, fully functional and feeling 'normal'. I do get slightly anxious on rare occasions, but it's nothing that stops me from taking care of business."

idonthaveanickname (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've had extreme performance anxiety for several years. On the days and weeks leading up a presentation of any sort, I can't eat and I'm anxious all day & every day. It's awful. When it's time to start a presentation or musical performance, my whole body gets cold and clammy, my digestion flares up, my heart pounds deeply, my face turns bright red and I can barely get through it without completely embarrassing myself. Enter propranolol. I took 40mgs yesterday at 8:15am, got to class at 10am, set up my presentation and completely dominated it with confidence. Propranolol effectively eliminated all of those terrible effects, allowing me to think with a clear mind. Yesterday was the beginning of the end of my debilitating performance anxiety."

Jesse C. September 17, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've found these to be very effective in stopping my panic attacks & feelings of anxiety, however I've felt quite tired, generally lacking a level of energy, so think I might cut down from 3 x a day to 2, but overall good :)"

Anita111 September 17, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "As with many ppl here I used to have 3 or more migraines a week. Now after taking propranolol with Amitriptyline Boom magic Migraines have all but stoped"

Kickz September 16, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug truly saved my life and my career. I always had a paralyzing fear of speaking in public. Interviews, speeches, meetings, or even just a name introduction would give me such bad anxiety. I wouldn't be able to sleep and I couldn't live my life without thinking about it all the time. I was still nervous and skeptical before I had to speak to a group recently but I hung in there and it worked magic. I was calm, I could focus, no shaking, no panic. Highly recommend!"

Alex C September 14, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug turned my career around. When asked to present, I would experience terrible voice tremors and shaking. I tried reading books on public speaking, attending classes, and meditating, which all helped, but even if I was doing my best to keep it together during a presentation, I'd always be on the edge, feeling like I could lose control at any second. Heart pounding, sweating, as if I was in terrible danger. I talked to my doctor, mentioned my problem and got a prescription. This is a miracle drug. I take 30mg-40mg's 1 hour before a presentation and I feel like I'm in total control! You still feel a bit nervous in your head, but it curbs all the physical symptoms. Its given me a huge confidence boost."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I see a lot of positive reviews here however I'm not so positive about propranolol it did great Job controlling my heart palpitations and I'm thankful for that, I had really bad heart beats in some occasions my heart would go insanely fast, but I'm still feeling anxious the anxiety still there, also i want to mention the only side effect I had was at night when I was about to fall asleep i would jump out my bed like I'm having panic attack! It turned out it was a single and a random heart beat, i acknowledged it when I was laying on my couch, it felt scary to be honest my first thought was a heart attack after like 2 weeks it never happened again. So I guess this medicine may work for physical symptom of anxiety not sure about thoughts."

user9994 September 12, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Amazing! Was nervous for an interview, took 40mg about 2 hours before, was a breeze! No stammering, nerves, came across confident, recommended"

Agent Rustic (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Took it for the first time today! Was a great experience! Got up and did my thing."

Anonymous September 6, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Propranolol is a life-saver for my chronic migraine problem! My symptoms (painful to think; severe headache on one-side; nausea; vomiting - needed an ice-pak) Too much sleep was a trigger. I have tried many other drugs without success (verapamil, atenolol, triptyline.) I think Atenolol does not work for migraines because it does NOT cross the blood-brain barrier. Propranolol does have the side-effect of powerful vivid dreams (pleasant and unpleasant.) In the long-term, I found that to be somewhat enjoyable. . I highly recommend Propranolol (20mg/day) for anyone suffering from Chronic Migraines !! I suffered 3 migraines per week for 15yrs before a doctor tried prescribing it. It has restored my life to normal."

smarty_pants (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I just wanted to say that this med so far has saved my life!! What a blessing. I have tried just about everything for migraine prevention, migraine onset, I have made trip after trip to the ER because I am vomiting so much from my migraines and they are unresponsive to all treatment. I see a neuro for the migraines, an oral surgeon for my TMJ, and my pcp. I have tried and failed topamax, trokendi, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, immitrex, fioracet, and more. It wasn't until my pcp prescribed propanolol that I finally got some relief from everyday headaches and chronic 3x a week migraines at least. Instantly after my first two doses of this medication (he started me at 10mg only) I felt extremely better. Helps my anxiety too! A+++"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Anxiety: "Taking 40mg as needed for social anxiety. Found it to be highly effective. Talking to strangers usually triggers a level of uncomfortableness to the point where I disengaged from the conversation after a short while. Helps alleviate those symptoms. Much more engaged in conversation overall, focusing on the subject matter of the conversation rather than eccentricities of myself, other person, etc."

Digits (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

For Anxiety: "this is so good i feel way better no stress. confidence boost happy times are here:) thanks for the doctors who made it......"

kiwileo (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Anxiety: "propranolol IS EFFECTIVE in relieving anxiety (caused by family and\or social stress). I use it myself, once daily as a 40 mg tablet. except that, in the first hour, it may make you feel dizzy. it calms you down through regulating your blood pressure and heartbeat (which are almost always present with anxiety\mania). if you feel dizziness or cold extremities too often, you might want to consult your physician or pharmacist to lower the dose of INDERAL to 10 mg twice daily."

Saleh A. Ihsaan, pharmacist (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Anxiety: "For many years, I have suffered from debilitating panic attacks. I have taken anything you can fathom: benzos, (which do work but only for about 2 hours) antidepressants, etc. I was hesitant to take this medication, but, I'm glad i did/ do. I noticed a significant decrease in anxiety attacks, (which I was having every day) on the first day! Try getting that from an antidepressant! I currently take 30mg a day. I do get "anxious" but haven't had a full blown attack for months. I also take buspirone. For any mild anxiety I take gabepentin and hydroxyzine. (together) The only complaints I have are the weight gain, and overall lack of energy. I find myself wanting a nap on the daily. I'd rather have the extra lb, than ever live likr that again."

lgett (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I can honestly say that this drug saved my career."

Gauguin (taken for 10 years or more) August 26, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This pills really works!. I had a presentation yesterday and I took 3 20mg pills (60mg in total) 2 hours before my presentation and I was nerves before presenting and nerves seconds before I was to speak, but 4 seconds into my speech I didn't feel the nerves at all! I was so surprised! Please if you have fear of doing speeches take this pill. Also practice your speech! Practice also helps! Good luck!"

Works great! (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

For Anxiety: "I see so many positive reviews here. I am happy for you folks. I was using Clonazepam to control my general anxiety until the Veterans Administration decided to stop prescribing them. My doctor put me on propranolol, unfortunately it had no effect on my generalized anxiety. I see that it seems to benefit those with societal anxiety so thats good. Unfortunately for me benzos are the only thing that seems to help. Hard to find a doctor who will prescribe them now."

k2comp (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2016