User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 640 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Propranolol

For Migraine Prevention: "Recently I had a hemorrhagic stroke and afterwards I was having the worst headaches along with some anxiety. My doctor prescribed propranolol 20 mg per day. I started taking this medication last week and yesterday I began to feel as though my speech was more clear and my mind wasn't as jumbled. I have been experiencing the dizziness, but checking my blood pressure on a regular basis. At this time it's just nice that other people are able to understand me when I talk. Unfortunately, my headaches are still occurring, but not as intense. My anxiety has seemed to decrease. Since this is only my second week taking this medication, time will tell."

Bebonnie (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Went through a tough time at work which was causing severe anxiety. Called the Dr who prescribed this drug. Initially felt drowsy and a bit spaced out (this only lasted a day so maybe take in to account when you first start using) Effects are fantastic! Slowed everything down enough to get clarity of thought, speech & actions without imparing cognitive or physical function. Less reactive & less snappy! Wish I'd known about it earlier. It won't make issues go away or solve them but it will help take a logical clear view of the situation and hopefully make better decisions."

Hope this helps (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Essential Tremor: "I have only been taking 40mg of propranolol twice a day for 5 days and I find that the tremor is much improved, however, I have such bad pain in my legs. It started 2 days after I started taking it. My thighs were aching all weekend and I have been woken from the pain in my lower back and hips since then. Not good. Hoping it will get better"

Wallingc (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug DOES work. Period. It will eliminate the shaky voice, tremors and sweating, and as a bonus, will make you feel more confident, and allow to focus on the topic or task at hand, not on yourself. It is a magic pill, which good results were tested over and over by hundred of thousands of people (professional actor, musicians, business speakers) and it always work!"

A-recovered-one September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I've just given a presentation to about 30 people and I ACED IT! Absolutely cool as a cucumber, thanks to Propanolol. I've tried everything in the past, hypnosis, meditation - all of which makes you feel like more of a failure when it doesn't work. I found out about this because my boss takes them, so I did a bit of research, read these reviews, then ordered some immediately from an online pharmacy. Best decision I've ever made, I'm never doing a presentation without these bad boys ever again. I get all the classic symptoms - weeks of torment in the build up, throat tightening, feeling like I'm going to faint, wobbly voice and shaky hands - knowing people are looking at you in pity. NOT ANY MORE!!! :D"

Bobby McWesthead September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "WOW I've just come home after delivering my big presentation to over 100 people. It was incredible. No panic, no shaking voice, no crazy beating heart, just calm.... I'm blown away.. normally I can't even talk to over 3 people. Didn't realise how much social anxiety had limited my life until trying this medication- I feel like I can finally be me. Sadly It was only prescribed as a one off from my GP to help with this event, she said I'll need to try counselling in future."

AlexandraBelle19 (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I am a college student and propranolol has saved my life and my future career. I hate presentations so much to the point where I will drop classes and do everything possible to not present. I even hated introducing myself, any type of interviews, and a lot of social situations. I kept this page open for the past 2 weeks because I wanted to read through everyone's reviews before I presented. My doctor told me to take 10mg 30 min before the speech and I tested it out and it didn't work. I ended up taking 30mg 1 hour before and 10mg 30 min before (that was probably too much because I am short and don't weigh a lot). I was initially nervous before the presentation but as soon as I got up there, I OWNED it. I have never felt more confident and calm."

iukiddo (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I just want to thank this website for letting me know all about propranolol, and want to thank all people here who shared their reviews!!! I've been suffering all my life from performance anxiety, to an extent it began to affect my career! I work in marketing and communication, where presentations are required all the time, I always screw up!!!!! But today was a completely different thing with propranolol!!!! I was presenting in front of the the GM and he was stunned!!!! Everybody was looking at me with a big smile on their faces :D this is absolutely a LIFE SAVER!!"

ShoMo111 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I took Propranolol for 15 years and it definitely saved my career - I was a CEO in a high pressure industry where I had to do lots of public speaking. But boys and girls please remember there is no such thing as a free lunch. Propranolol is a powerful prescription drug and has side effects. Specifically it dampens your emotions and your creativity. So whilst you can give that speech confidently , sustained use will have a negative impact on your relationships and your performance. Ultimately the best solution is to work on techniques to change your emotions and make you more confident when you speak. Specifically practice for the moment when things might go wrong . What will you do to overcome it ?"

Charlie China (taken for 10 years or more) September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "So after years on atenolol and walking round like a zombie sleeping constantly I finally got someone to listen to all my ailments and realise they are all connected to taking 100mg a day of this drug "

Fcukup (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was apprehensive to take this. My heart was beating out of my chest, I was weak, hot flashes...weird stuff. I have been on 10 mg a day now for a month and I am starting to feel like my old self. I have been exercising more and seeing a therapist also, but I think this drug made me functional again. It has been a lifesaver."

Ladybug1913 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "This medicine is amazing and has worked far, far better than anything else has in several years, however, I have to be on the lowest dose possible due to the side effects: depression, insomnia, and vivid dreams."

Anonymous September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Propranolol worked for my anxiety but it also lowered my blood pressure too much which I ended up in the hospital. So when you see your doctor make sure you get the lowest dose at first."

ECane (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I was deathly afraid of public speaking to the point that I would almost throw up while I was in front of a group. I would find out about a presentation in college and think about it every day for the next few months, getting sick at the thought. I found this drug and it changed the game. I started using it in graduate school and I had classmates come up to me after and ask me how I learned to speak so well. I takes away the fear, the nausea, the trembling, the shaky voice and just allows you to think about what you are presenting rather than what everyone else is thinking about you. This is a MIRACLE drug and I endorse it 100%"

Anonymous September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I have signed up to this website just so I could share my experience and hope that it will help others. If you are reading this and suffer badly from public speaking like I did (trembling, stuttering quivering mess) and have never used this medication it will be difficult for you to believe that it will actually work for you. I was skeptical as well. I remember being in the bathroom before my speech (300 ppl) taking the Propranolol and praying that it will work! I spoke clearly and even enjoyed the experience! It’s unbelievable, I could have spoken for hours I was that confident. It was the confident me I always knew I could be. My life has changed. Yours will too. I took one does of 40mg (give it at least 1 hour to kick in)"

thing123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "thank god for the internet and for searching and finding that this drug was the answer to my public speaking disability. I have always had a phobia of public speaking due to my first couple of unforseen encounters with adrenalin kicking in and my voice locking up in the middle of public speaking. This condition can have a severe negative impact on your life, because when you don't know that this can be managed/treated you steer away from all occasions where you may be required to speak publicly, and that can have serious implications towards where you go with your career and what positions you can assume. I take 40mg as a single dose an hour and a half before events and that works like a charm"

bossman82 August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "Performance anxiety was very frustrating for me. I wanted to share my ideas, introduce myself in class, make killer presentations. I knew I had it in me, but the crippling adrenaline blast I would get every time I had to speak up in class left me severely depressed. I felt like a loser. But now, I'm a more confident person, thanks to propranolol. This stuff works. That adrenaline blast - you know it if you're reading this review - heart racing, voice trembling. GONE with this medication. I take one 20mg dose an hour and a half before a presentation, having to introduce myself to a class, etc. and I am a new person. NO adrenaline kick. My heart stays calm, and so do I. I love it. Please look into it if you have this specific anxiety."

Aegon Targaryen August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Using 40 mg every AM & 20-40 mg as needed for at five years, it’s my saving grace in most everyday situations that can cause panic or anxiety. I used benzos for 15+ years with a strong dependency, I honestly thought I’d never get off them, until Propranolol. One dose in the morning carries me through to lunch, and only if needed do I take more. The ER version lowered my pulse below 55, even at the lowest dose, and honestly it didn’t work half as well. Maybe it’s mind over matter but I start to feel relief from panic or anxiety within 15 minutes and I’m fine within a half hour at most. My advice to everyone-less is more, if you dose daily try a larger dose in the morning & half doses as needed, too much and you’ll be drowsy"

crazydude81 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Works better than xanex in my experience"

All good (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Arrhythmia: "I had PTSD and arrhythmia and years of seeing psychologists, antidepressants, sedatives, even valproic acid, nothing did much of anything good and the side effects didn't outweigh the minimal improvement (improvement being sedation), when I tried propranolol I wasn't expecting much. I took my first tablet and forgot about it, it kicked in on the train and the effect was profound. For the first time I became aware of how much tension I'd been holding in my muscles, how I'd continuously scan for the possibility of threat, I had no idea I'd been doing this only that I'd felt on edge. I felt like I'd been holding my breath for years and had just been allowed to exhale, nothing else worked for me and I was at the end of my rope, propranolol was a life saver."

Alex too August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "Propananol has changed my life!!! Literally...... I didn't realise I was suffering from daily anxiety. I was due to be interviewed for a great new job but was not going to turn up due to uncontrollable feelings if anxiety. I decided to speak to my doctor the week before the interview as the anxiety attacks were ruining my life. After discussing all my symptoms she suggested a course of propananol (40mg) to be taken either 1-2 times a day or just when I know I would be in a difficult situation. I decided to take them twice a day. Wow...,after one dose I felt amazing. I thought I would never feel this good. I have no anxious feelings whatsoever, even when public speaking. The interview went exceptionally well and I got the job "

KNN August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "2 years ago I started to experience internal tremors, with that came the feeling I couldn't inhale enough air into my body to breath, my leg muscles would twitch, and achy arm and leg muscles. Bedtimes where horrendous, I could feel my pulse/heartbeat in every inch of my body, as I fell asleep (when I did) my body would jerk me awake again, I became easily startled even with familiar noises, so I went to the doctor who said I was suffering from anxiety, citralopram was prescribed and after 6 weeks I felt better, I took it for 5 months and then was weaned off, 3 days ago after 4 months with no symptoms, all the feelings are back, prescribed propranolol 10mg 3 x daily, quick acting, it's early days but fingers crossed,"

Secretminstrell (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "Boy, let me tell you this. First I was prescribed with propranolol for Panic Disorder, because, I always thought I was having a heart attack (I'm 21 and a little overweight, but working to change that), and, to add insult to injury, often, a panic attack meant a new cluster episode. Fast forward 3 months and my cluster episode begins. Surprisingly, instead of 3 hours of excruciating pain, I had 2 hours of mild, somewhat tolerable pain. Now, fast forward 4 months again to a month ago and, the last cluster episode I had were 2 clusters with 10 days apart from each other. My neurologist upped my dosage and I am, for now, cluster free."

Tetro August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I used to get extremely severe migraines which affected my life and also my family's as I needed to go to bed for 1-2 days, vomiting constantly. I started taking propranolol 10 years ago and have not had any migraines since. My quality of life is now 'normal' and I don't worry about ruining my family's life anymore. I have missed so many important days in the past due to migraines. This drug has literally changed my life!"

Walking stick and Lippy (taken for 10 years or more) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "what gives you that anxiety feeling is you being like OMG then your mind tells your body to release adrenaline. The adrenaline is that stressed out feeling. The propranolol stops you adrenal gland from producing adrenaline. This fixed the anxiety. The facts not opinions"

Stops Anxiety Adrenaline (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2017