User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 619 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Propranolol

For Anxiety: "2 years ago I started to experience internal tremors, with that came the feeling I couldn't inhale enough air into my body to breath, my leg muscles would twitch, and achy arm and leg muscles. Bedtimes where horrendous, I could feel my pulse/heartbeat in every inch of my body, as I fell asleep (when I did) my body would jerk me awake again, I became easily startled even with familiar noises, so I went to the doctor who said I was suffering from anxiety, citralopram was prescribed and after 6 weeks I felt better, I took it for 5 months and then was weaned off, 3 days ago after 4 months with no symptoms, all the feelings are back, prescribed propranolol 10mg 3 x daily, quick acting, it's early days but fingers crossed,"

Secretminstrell (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "Boy, let me tell you this. First I was prescribed with propranolol for Panic Disorder, because, I always thought I was having a heart attack (I'm 21 and a little overweight, but working to change that), and, to add insult to injury, often, a panic attack meant a new cluster episode. Fast forward 3 months and my cluster episode begins. Surprisingly, instead of 3 hours of excruciating pain, I had 2 hours of mild, somewhat tolerable pain. Now, fast forward 4 months again to a month ago and, the last cluster episode I had were 2 clusters with 10 days apart from each other. My neurologist upped my dosage and I am, for now, cluster free."

Tetro August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I used to get extremely severe migraines which affected my life and also my family's as I needed to go to bed for 1-2 days, vomiting constantly. I started taking propranolol 10 years ago and have not had any migraines since. My quality of life is now 'normal' and I don't worry about ruining my family's life anymore. I have missed so many important days in the past due to migraines. This drug has literally changed my life!"

Walking stick and Lippy (taken for 10 years or more) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "what gives you that anxiety feeling is you being like OMG then your mind tells your body to release adrenaline. The adrenaline is that stressed out feeling. The propranolol stops you adrenal gland from producing adrenaline. This fixed the anxiety. The facts not opinions"

Stops Anxiety Adrenaline (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ventricular Tachycardia: "Though put on propranolol to slow my heart rate (which was very high due to hyperthyroidism) they also have the nice side effect of actually making me feel less panicked. When my heart is racing for physiological reasons and I have a reason to feel panicky it feels like a panic attack. Propranolol brings everything down a notch by slowing the heart which in turn brings calm to the mind. Very good stuff! Oh, and living in the UK means that at most I would pay £8.60 ($11.36US) every two months when I pick up 168x10mg tablets though in practice as I am poor (income around $8,000US/ annum) it's free for me on the NHS. Ah the wonderful NHS."

jeu198 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "Honestly I have never wrote a review on anything in my entire life. This changed my life. I am so outgoing and love being the center of attention. But when it comes to formal public speaking my body goes under flight mode. Please please please take this drug if you have performance anxiety. I can bet a million dollars it will help you. It won't change your thoughts but once you get up there and start speaking you will feel so calm and confident. God bless you and Inderall!"

Carlypopo July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "Recently started graduate school and quickly found out that I had a severe and embarrasing physiological reaction to public speaking. I joined toastmasters and started working on mindfulness and breathing. Paradoxically, the harder I worked on getting this problem under control, the worse the anxiety seemed to get. I started researching medication and found Proprananol. Ordered some online. I took some yesterday before my second Toastmasters speech and I aced the speech (first one was a really bad without propranonol). This is amazing! I am actually looking forward to my next presentation now."

Q29 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "A year ago, I was asked to read at my friends wedding & since the day she asked me I have been terrified as I usually experience an extremely intense heart beat like it's going to jump out of my chest, I can't regulate my breathing so find it hard to even get a word out, & I also experience dizziness like I'm about to pass out. I took 20mg the night before to test how I would react with it, 10mg about 1.5 hours before & another 10mg 45 mins before. I've never known anything like this. I read my speech with clarity, I could even look up and make eye contact with the bride & groom. My fiancé was gobsmacked. Usually he has to try and calm my nerves, all night he kept saying how amazing I did. I have a new found confidence now."

New found confidence July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I'm 28 years old and have had chronic migraines since I was 7 years old. I have several triggers and get all the side effects during a migraine including stroke symptoms. I have tried everything and recently got put on propranolol for prevention which is definitely helping and has lessened migraine frequency, and I have 4 different medications for onset. I have cambria which is a migraine powder that I take first if I caught it in time. 30 minutes later or if it was already too late, I take either maxalt-mlt (rizatriptan) least effective for me, imitrex (sumatriptan) semi effective depending on pain level, or my favorite and the best/strongest and most effective is Onzetra - sumatriptan nasal powder"

Nickelriffic July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "Never use it. It's just a lie. I ordered it once and they sent me the one which is almost out of date and it doesn't work at all. It just makes it worse. Never ever by this product from a website. Better take contact with doctor and get proper help. They are thieves who are selling this."

Firnado July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I am no sales person, no employee of the drug maker but a simple person that is required to give presentations to oil and gas companies. I took three pills, waited 1 hour and felt at ease prior to the presentation. I can confirm that the drug removed the tightness of the chest, twitches to the checks, shocking hands and voice. This is the real McCoy, it works and I will never facilitate any further public speaking without taking this mini miracle drug."

Safety Professional July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I am speechless!!! I read all the 250+ reviews and decided, this is my remedy! I have been suffering for 30 years now from stage fright despite being sociable and communicator, my heart will start beating loudly my breathing will almost stop and I am almost fainting just when I think about a public speaking or presentation! I took the 40mg pill of inderal 2 hours before a business presentation to 150 people, and guess what... I propelled like a rocket!!! I should have known about it before and avoid the wasted time..."

Loudman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I used to shake, get nauseous, dry mouthed, and blush terribly when I had to give presentations. This medication got me through college. Eventually, I didn't need them anymore for presentations. Still take one before an interview though! Doesn't cure nervousness, but removes the symptoms! Love it!"

Sarah M. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "If you have serious performance anxiety, propranolol is an absolutely great help. I used to worry for weeks about any sort of public speaking/performance, even when it was as short as a couple minutes in front of 15-25 people. By the time I actually got up to perform, I had overthought it so much that I was panicked and my heart raced, face turned red, voice shook, etc. I took 20mg of propranolol (10mg 90 minutes before, 10mg 45 minutes before) before a presentation and I felt pretty calm leading up to the presentation. I was even calmer when I started presenting and presented better than ever before. I honestly don't think ill ever worry about public speaking again."

Anonymous July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I have always feared public speaking for as long as I can remember. I even feared the fear. Always making excuses at work I some how managed to avoid it. I am socially very confident but the thought of standing up and speaking in front of people made me incredibly anxious. I think that because sometimes I am a bit of a joker I'd set myself up for an even bigger fall with the thought of me crumbling and dying slowly in front of an audience! Then recently I got married. There was no getting away from the grooms speech. I took 40 mg an hour before my speech and I spoke fluently, and calmly with no nerves. I even enjoyed it!"

Matthew P (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder which I knew I had but never treated as I was skeptical ... Using propranolol on 10mg 2 times a day or 20 mg at night never more ...it was ok for a short time and worked instantly but symptoms returned 3 x worse than ever .. I don't take anything now and try not to rely to much on medication Anxiety never leaves me I'm shaking now with nerves Thanks but I wont take them again"

Mell82 June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have to say after my major anxiety attack my Doc put me on propranolol 50mg and sertraline 50 mg but neither did enough and I was experiencing severe body shakes and feel like I have a lump in my throat constantly making me retch all the time. This was now 4 months ago now doctor has upped both my Meds 100mg sertraline and 160 mg propranolol per day they are dosing me up but swallowing problem still a major issue"

dee79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I have had the fear of public speaking ever since high school. And now at the age 28 I still haven't gotten over it. I have been searching for job for 4 months now and each time an interview is scheduled. I panic, start trembling and cant think of anything to say. I have an interview in 15 mins and I took 40mg of propranolol and I don't know if it is going to help. My biggest fear is not knowing how to answer the question being asked. I have even canceled some interviews because I get so scared. Please wish me luck. I really need this job."

fear of speaking June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I have lost 3 years of college being victim of public speaking. Guys, please try this. I know how you feel but please TRY this. I just used that today in a school interview in France (in skype) , I was so scared. Imagine I woke up at 5 am and couldn't have more sleep because my heart was pumping so hard that I could easily heard it. I took 20 mg 2 hours before and another 20 mg 1 hour before. I became another person. I swear I was another person. No more anxiety, no more stress, no trembling voice, red face etc. I said to the prof: sorry but I am a little nervous because its my first interview on skype, while I was not at all nervous. It was just a part that I had learned and had to say lol.. This is a life saver for me"

MonCheri June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Arrhythmia: "Worse medication ever! The doc prescribed me it for my tremor and migraines which it did help with. However it gave me awful chest pain and tightness, abdominal pain, constipation, and made my arrhythmia way worse"

NOOO94 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "After years and yrs of chronic anxiety having tried citalopram & diazepam and still I was having major bad all day long anxiety I finally give in to the propranolol (I was on this years ago but I didn't like it) all I can say is its absolutely amazing....I'm only needing between 10 & 20mg a day and honestly it's a life saver. I am the women who couldn't even take her kids to school without someone being with me and now I'm off and I don't panic about every situation anymore!! Try it...it's fab xx"

Katyfinley2017 June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Amazing!!! Only 20 mg took away all fight or flight symptoms during presentations. I couldn't be more happy with this drug, I highly recommend!!"

Isabelle124 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "WONDER DRUG. My story may be different, I was going to the ER it seemed like every other day for high BP 200/something, pulse high, they would run test EKG, blood work, give me Ativan and send me home. Later my Dr put me on a BP pills and my Psychologist put me on Ativan and another anxiety medication, took it for a few years then got off, I was doing better, ... Life was great. Then it happened again I went to the ER three days straight, once I even called the ambulance. The ER Dr. made me an appt with my Psychologist that day, my Psyc told me about this medication, my last reading for my BP was 139/91 but the week before it was 176/109 and no panic attacks I take 60mg x2 a day."

Anonymous June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I've always had an abnormal and extremely strong physical response to public speaking. My heart will beat like I've just sprinted 100m, my voice will become so shaky that I can barely speak, and the sense of panic scrambles my mind so much that I don't even know what I'm saying. Having to introduce myself at a meeting triggers something approaching a full-on panic attack. It's extremely unpleasant and very embarrassing. Psychologically I don't fear public speaking; the physiological reaction is just abnormal and disproportionate. Propranolol works wonders for preventing the physical response. I take 10-20mg 1-2 hours before exposure and can speak normally in meetings, etc."

MarkBr (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "In 2010 I started getting horrible 1 sided migraines that would put me in bed praying for death for hours everyday. Doctor prescribed propranolol 80mg extended release. Within the the 1st week the migraines had lessened on intensity and by the 2nd week were completely gone. 3 years later in 2013, the dreaded migraines returned. Went back to doctor, told him what medication I needed, and sure enough, exact same result. But now here we are 4 years later and they're back. Wish we could figure out why I seem to only have this issue every 3-4 years, but at least I know there's something out there that works for me."

This guy2341 June 13, 2017