User Reviews for Propranolol

High Blood Pressure 5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 8.3 1,043 reviews

Reviews for Propranolol

Zoe June 8, 2020

For Migraine Prevention: “I am taking Propranolol for Hemiplegic migraine and anxiety, I am on 80 mg/ day and I feel more calm than ever. The migraine attacks happen less often, are less aggressive and I can generally socialise normally. On the other hand I feel depressed, tired, I lack energy to get up in the morning although I was a very active person. I suffer from insomnia and don't feel like going out of the house anymore. I totally recommend it for extreme cases of migraine such as mine, but if I'd have the regular migraine with aura I'd rather have the attacks than the side effects of this.”

Dani · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2020

For Anxiety: “I was prescribed 10 mg propranolol when required but I take it every morning because it lasts all day and I can actually socialize without anxiety for the first time in years. I’m amazed. I am able to be relaxed. No more racing heart, no shaking, no stuttering, no sweating, and I can look people in the eyes. I can just be chill. I am so grateful. I haven’t noticed any side effects. I have been on it for a week.”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2020

For Anxiety: “This propranolol has been a life-saver for me. I have a thyroid condition which triggers anxiety, because my heart is always racing, even when I’m not nervous, and this caused me to basically have anxiety from knowing that I sound nervous all the time — even though I’m really not. Since taking a small dose, my heart beats normally, and the world has gone back to a regular pace. Really good stuff.”

Tess · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I was only on 40 mg of propranolol for 2 days for high blood pressure , first night slept well. Second night couldn’t breathe all night . Insomnia was worse . Don’t know is it because. I’m nearly 70 years old and I shouldn’t be On a beta blocker and it’s making my pulstate tinnitus louder”

Hjm95 April 27, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I’d suffered on and off with panic attacks for years, oftentimes worsened by prescriptions (particularly Citalopram). My doctor recommended I switch to Sertraline after regular panic resurfaced. but after such a bad experience with Citalopram I asked if there were any options besides antidepressants. I felt that my problems were oftentimes worsened by physical issues such as palpitations and shortness of breath (for example, running up some stairs too fast would obviously raise my heartbeat which I oftentimes struggled to differentiate from the beginnings of a panic attack and thus it would escalate into one) and my doctor suggested I try Propanolol. It has been a game changer for me. I feel more secure in the knowledge my heartbeat is more controlled (or at least it feels this way). I’ve been on this for over a year now and wouldn’t try anything else. I would definitely recommend it if you experience panic attacks that are often triggered by more physical problems.”

medman · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Propranolol 10mg three times a day does good in lowering your blood pressure, slowing your heart rate and helping to decrease anxiety. Might give you dry mouth or dizziness though.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “My blood pressure was very high 150s/100s. Started taking propranolol and it immediately brought it down. I've been on it for about a month and my BP is now 90s/60s. I'm on the lowest dose so I might need to go off of it if my BP pressure goes too low. It also helps immensely with anxiety! Side effects are poor circulation (makes raynauds worse), fatigue, and nausea when you first start taking it. The nausea does go away after about a week. Overall, it's a good medication and works well!”

Mark · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I'm 29 years old, I have suffered from panic disorder among other things like agoraphobia for about 10 years to the point I wake up in panic attacks phone ambulances regularly. And generally think I am going to die. My whole days are generally me in my home panicking. Yesterday I started propranolol. I could feel my body wanting to panic at first, the fear of taking a new medication. But I had no panic attacks yesterday. I struggled to sleep last night and woke up a bit spaced like today. Also messes up your stomach a bit.”

Yooooo · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 14, 2020

For Migraine Prevention: “I went through a lot of migraine medications and my doctor said this was the last option as far as pills go. I stuck with it for a long time because it was "my last option." I ended up having a lot of side effects. It made me vomit almost every time I took it. It also made my heart hurt a lot, I had sexual issues, and had to pee constantly. Pretty much any side effect this medication listed I had it. Hope it works better for you!”

Sienna March 7, 2020

For Migraine Prevention: “After my pregnancy and returning to work full time, my migraines started anytime of the month. And during that time of the month would include vomiting, vertigo, motion sickness. And just about any time ocular disturbances and flashing lights. I tried birth control pills continuously without a break, Imitrex, Maxalt, Amerge, Excedrin migraine, many recommended vitamins, Preventa Migraine Herbs and nothing worked on a regular basis. Blood pressure spiked up very high about 2 years ago. Decided to try Propranolol and it has worked for anxiety, migraine and blood pressure amazingly! However I have all the side effects - constipation, sometimes depressed, nighttime hallucinations, severe weight gain without change in diet or exercise (25 pounds in less than 2 years), lack of energy, sensitivity to exertion, bloating/water retention, etc.”

Bundle of anxiety · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

For Anxiety: “Doc said my anxiety is off the charts. On a scale 0-100 it’s 150 all the time. Certain situations are worse, so I take a few before and it’s much better. Can’t live without these.”

dburke3 March 2, 2020

For Performance Anxiety: “So I have a huge fear of public speaking. In any setting. I have avoided these completely until recently. It was in the form of adrenaline rush, fast heart rate, tunnel vision, shaky voice.. pure panic. I've been trying to get more comfortable in these situations, so I joined Toastmasters for public speaking improvement (Highly recommend). But, I still needed that extra bit of confidence so my dr prescribed Propranolol (10mg) to be taken before the event. I had my first ever speech to give at toastmasters, which was really worrying me, so I took a 10mg first thing in the morning to help with the nerves that build during the day, then 10mg 90mins before, then 10mg 20mins before the speech (at 7:20PM). I actually really enjoyed the speech, absolutely no fear or symptoms and I got to work on being a better public speaker, rather than focusing on not dying and failing. I've read people taking doses up to 160mg, for me that was too much to play with.”

Jojo February 28, 2020

For Anxiety: “I've been taking propanolol for a week. Dr prescribed 10mg per day but I only take 5mg. It has been stressful past months that cause bad anxiety. So Dr recommended to take 5mg if I didn't want to take 10mg is what am doing. It helped lower bp & heart rate due to anxiety for sure. My concern was I didn't take for a day bcuz my bp was normal and I felt good the whole day the next day at 530am woke up with fast heart beat, my left arm went cold and my wrist hurt a bit too, I panic because it felt like what a heart attack symptom sounds like but I don't know if was due to not taking the medicine for a day or it was just anxiety while sleeping which I haven't experienced the arm feeling before. I took 5mg it help me calm down but my arm still feels cold. I'll talk to my dr about it and see what is suggested for me to do or maybe ask to see a cardiologist because that feeling in my arm scared me bad. Side effects for propranolol are minimum like dizziness & diarrhea right after taking it.”

Nulife · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Performance Anxiety: “It works wonder.... A true life saver”

Catty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2020

For Anxiety: “I take 30mg dose propranolol before I go to my university to help my social anxiety that give me heart palpitations and chest pains. This medication has done nothing for the mental aspects of my anxiety, but it has stopped my physiological symptoms caused by it. After about 5 hours I have to take another one. My psych says I should take one if I feel I'm about to have a panic attack, but it hasn't worked for me to help control them.”

jack · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Anxiety: “I've been on propranolol for 2 years now and it works wonders on my anxiety”

JDCDC February 17, 2020

For Performance Anxiety: “This drug is a miracle drug for those experiencing intense PHYSICAL signs of anxiety. Wish I had known about this med earlier!!!!! Leaves the sweating, tremors, and heart-racing/tachycardia to a bare minimum. I can think more clearly, because those physical side-effects are no longer in my way... I used to wake up several times per night with my heart racing. And, If I was in an anxiety-provoking situation, my hands would shake, to the point that it was noticeable for others to see, and that caused even more anxiety and trembling. With this drug, I feel more normalized, and can keep these symptoms from overtaking my life. I only take this med, when necessary, as it does cause symptoms of acid reflux, which can be very uncomfortable.”

husq February 14, 2020

For Performance Anxiety: “For some reason or another I have a deathly fear of public speaking and presentations. Such a fear that I would do anything to get out of speaking in front of classmates. On the first day of this semester the professor announced that each person were to stand up one by one and tell the class about themselves. I walked out of the classroom and emailed the professor that I forgot my laptop somewhere and went to go find it before it was stolen (total lie). While presenting my heart pounds, I lose my breath, my voice quivers etc. It is beyond embarrassing and I stress days before I know I'm going to present. I finally went to my doctor after reading the reviews on this website and was prescribed propranolol. I took it today and felt so great during my talk in a 200 person lecture hall. This medicine keeps your body so calm the entire time. Your heart doesn't pound, you breathe normally, your voice doesn't shake. It's such a relief and Im so happy I found out about it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 11, 2020

For Anxiety: “Well I have been on this medication propranolol for anxiety for over 3 years now. I take 40mg 3 times a day it helps my anxiety no end before I wasn't on this medication I would get severe anxiety attacks to the point where I was experiencing physical symptoms such as heart palpitations and chest pain and a racing heart rate which was scary due to anxiety. Ever ever since I have taken this medication I feel more calmer and spaced out I do get 1 side effect though and that is tiredness but that is normal I can live with that side effect I am so pleased with this medication would highly recommend if you have anxiety. And stage fright”

highlander739 · Taken for 10 years or more February 3, 2020

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: “Have had tremor most of my life. Was diagnosed in my late teens and put on 60mg Inderal LA. Immediate improvement only real side effect has been a bit of drowsiness so I always take at night. I have tried the generics because Inderal has gotten so expensive, especially . The generics just don't work as well, it has to do with the bio-availability which is part of what sets a brand-name drug apart from generics even though they might share the same chemical name. Regardless, have started buying from Canada. Only down-side is that you have to buy 90 day supply, but it costs same as generic w/good rx discount. Turned 50 this past year and it just doesn't work quite as well but I knew it would happen. Considering whether or not to try Neurotin...”

No nickname February 3, 2020

For Performance Anxiety: “40 odd years of blushing and a fear of blushing - gone. I’ve read countless self help books, meditated, was on Zoloft for years, changed my diet seen a psychologist et cetera. Didn’t work. Beta Blockers work, I feel like I am myself. A couple of days of an upset stomach was the only side effect but it’s now gone. Thank you Science.”

Jarbles · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2020

For Anxiety: “This was added to my Adderall XR doses. I am not sure it works but these two have been hand in hand for years now. I know others who taken it for speeches and have felt no anxiety. I guess I am less angry all the time. I am now taking bipolar meds and I guess it’s supposed to help with certain side effects of those, so kudos I guess. I’ll say the only side effect I noticed was an initial over heating and sweating when I first started but that went away pretty quick.”

Janbee · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2020

For Anxiety: “I’m a female, 23, 125 lbs, taking propranolol 10mg for anxiety. This medication has worked really well for treating my fast heart rate when I get anxiety (120-145 bpm). I was very hesitant at first to take this as I was nervous for the side effects (darn you anxiety!) but I did not get any side effects! I have found that it’s better to take this before you know you’re going into a situation that will make you nervous. However, if you take it in the morning it will help all day. I have taken two 10mg while having a panic attack and it did work within 5-10 minutes. I definitely think this med is a short term solution for anxiety but I will continue taking as it has saved me so many times.”

MANICBOY · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “This drug is a miracle to me. I have been in and out of hospitals for months non stop with panic attacks that really feel like death is near. I was taking benzos here and there to keep anxiety and panic away. Then I was introduced to propranolol. It has completely changed my life my anxiety is in check and panic attacks gone. I do get a little nervous some times but this drug helps keep it in check. This drug has changed a lot of fears I have. Thank you.”

Benzene · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2020

For Anxiety: “Been on it for about a week and I love it. This was prescribed to me for anxiety as well as citalopram and I could tell the effects of it from the first day. No elevated heart rate from a stressful situation, no increase in blood to brain, no anxiety! I stay completely grounded and in the moment. Plus, so far no side effects. It's a god send! I'll share my experiences after a month or two as well.”