User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Propranolol Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Performance Anxiety.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Performance Anxiety

"This drug saved my life. I am 40+ PhD senior manager in a major company and I have had speaking anxiety with big crowds that goes waay beyond normal nerves. I have tried every type of therapy and public speaking training. 18 months ago I gave a review to 70 people that went so badly (I will spare details) and left me so full of shame I went home and considered ending my life as I could see no way out or ability to face my wife and beautiful children. I saw a doctor, who gave me propranolol and now I am a flawless, speaker who is referred to as one of the strongest speakers in the company! Preparation and knowledge is 100% critical, but this drug removes clinical, crippling inhibitions and lets me show who I really am. Life saving!"

Relieved and saved (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

"I've had extreme performance anxiety for several years. On the days and weeks leading up a presentation of any sort, I can't eat and I'm anxious all day & every day. It's awful. When it's time to start a presentation or musical performance, my whole body gets cold and clammy, my digestion flares up, my heart pounds deeply, my face turns bright red and I can barely get through it without completely embarrassing myself. Enter propranolol. I took 40mgs yesterday at 8:15am, got to class at 10am, set up my presentation and completely dominated it with confidence. Propranolol effectively eliminated all of those terrible effects, allowing me to think with a clear mind. Yesterday was the beginning of the end of my debilitating performance anxiety."

Jesse C. September 17, 2016

"I've found these to be very effective in stopping my panic attacks & feelings of anxiety, however I've felt quite tired, generally lacking a level of energy, so think I might cut down from 3 x a day to 2, but overall good :)"

Anita111 September 17, 2016

"This drug truly saved my life and my career. I always had a paralyzing fear of speaking in public. Interviews, speeches, meetings, or even just a name introduction would give me such bad anxiety. I wouldn't be able to sleep and I couldn't live my life without thinking about it all the time. I was still nervous and skeptical before I had to speak to a group recently but I hung in there and it worked magic. I was calm, I could focus, no shaking, no panic. Highly recommend!"

Alex C September 14, 2016

"This drug turned my career around. When asked to present, I would experience terrible voice tremors and shaking. I tried reading books on public speaking, attending classes, and meditating, which all helped, but even if I was doing my best to keep it together during a presentation, I'd always be on the edge, feeling like I could lose control at any second. Heart pounding, sweating, as if I was in terrible danger. I talked to my doctor, mentioned my problem and got a prescription. This is a miracle drug. I take 30mg-40mg's 1 hour before a presentation and I feel like I'm in total control! You still feel a bit nervous in your head, but it curbs all the physical symptoms. Its given me a huge confidence boost."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2016

"I see a lot of positive reviews here however I'm not so positive about propranolol it did great Job controlling my heart palpitations and I'm thankful for that, I had really bad heart beats in some occasions my heart would go insanely fast, but I'm still feeling anxious the anxiety still there, also i want to mention the only side effect I had was at night when I was about to fall asleep i would jump out my bed like I'm having panic attack! It turned out it was a single and a random heart beat, i acknowledged it when I was laying on my couch, it felt scary to be honest my first thought was a heart attack after like 2 weeks it never happened again. So I guess this medicine may work for physical symptom of anxiety not sure about thoughts."

user9994 September 12, 2016

"Amazing! Was nervous for an interview, took 40mg about 2 hours before, was a breeze! No stammering, nerves, came across confident, recommended"

Agent Rustic (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

"Took it for the first time today! Was a great experience! Got up and did my thing."

Anonymous September 6, 2016

"I can honestly say that this drug saved my career."

Gauguin (taken for 10 years or more) August 26, 2016

"This pills really works!. I had a presentation yesterday and I took 3 20mg pills (60mg in total) 2 hours before my presentation and I was nerves before presenting and nerves seconds before I was to speak, but 4 seconds into my speech I didn't feel the nerves at all! I was so surprised! Please if you have fear of doing speeches take this pill. Also practice your speech! Practice also helps! Good luck!"

Works great! (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

Inderal (propranolol): "Awesome for controlling anxiety in the mind and letting you think clearly but I still feel the anxiety in my nerves but better alternative than benzodiazepines. Another con is it interrupts with exercise you can't sweat or get your heart rate up so if your going to exercise time the pill intake hours before."

Theoden21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2016

"After trying everything under the sun - speaking classes, herbal, homeopathic, medicines, etc. Wasting time and thousands of dollars along the way, I found the miracle drug. Voila no more blushing, quivering, shaking, trembling voice. If you experience any of these symptoms when giving an intro or speaking to a group, its the end of your misery. If it worked for a speaking disaster like me, it will work for anyone. Thank you Sir James Black for your invention. You gave me a new life."

Ashton007 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

"I wanna kiss the guy or girl who invented this.. It works!"

Georbars August 18, 2016

"I had multiple presentations every day this week. I get anxiety even thinking about it. As embarrassing as this sounds being a 46 year old female, when talking in front of a group I feel like I'm going to pass out, I get dizzy, my heart trembles, my voice crackles and I sweat. I can't even finish. I was desperate for help since this would affect my career if I didn't do it. I read about this medication and begged my doctor to prescribe it to me.I took it the day before 20 mgs to see how it affected me and didn't tell much of a difference. The next day I had my first presentation. I took 20 mgs one hour before and this by far was a miracle pill for me. I was a little nervous still but it didn't even phase me. No side effects for me."

SRP - A miracle pill! (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

"I have always been fearful of public presentation and had a lot of nervous symptoms but it was manageable and I was on an antidepressant on and off. It wasn't until I got into the medical field that I started shaking in my class when I had to do blood draws in front of the entire class and my reaction really surprised me. My PCP thankfully rx'd me propanolol 10 mg which I took before blood draws and presentations and it completely took away shaking/blushing/lump in throat. Now I'm working in the medical field and I have to take everyday because my work is fast pased and I'm not sure when an anxiety reaction will show up. I have to use it when training new people and when someone is teaching me a new task."

Laila83 August 14, 2016

"I've had terrible anxiety with regard to public speaking. Heart races,out of breath, voice quivering terribly. I was asked to be best man at my friends wedding and propanolol completely erased all the symptoms. I had the most intense fear standing up ready to deliver my speech.I ended up taking 5x10mg tablets. 10mg at 2pm, 20 at 3, 10 at 3:30 and a final 10mg at 4. Speech was at 5. If youre reading this, relax, *you are going to be okay*. Propranolol will crush all these symptoms. The only possible error you can make is taking too low a dose, too late on. Take early and top-up, if needed. Consult with a doctor for dosage, but aim on the higher side to be rock-solid sure of its efficacy if the event is extremely terrifying."

best man August 14, 2016

"I was prescribed this by my doctor to take to calm me down for a job interview. I tested it today for a mock interview at university and it is amazingly effect. I usually suffer from an increased heart rate, clammy hands, shakey voice and body and a nervous red rash that spreads across my face and chest. I was so calm after taking 20 mg an hour before the mock interview and one 10 mg fifteen minutes before. My body remained completely calm like it would if I was just watching television at home. Still some nervous thoughts but because my body was relaxed I was able to stay in control and interview well. Still a bit of a nervous flush but no where near as bad as unmedicated. Can't wait to see how this holds up for the actual interview."

Nervous Interviewer August 3, 2016

"It's amazing. Works better than Xanax or other anxiety because its situational and you only take it when you need it and it doesn't put you to sleep. It's also amazing for those days you want to go to the pool and not obsess over anxiety of swimsuits in public. A life changer."

Jukebox tour (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

"Excellent Medicine, I had a presentation which i always feared to take and used to avoid it, This time it was mandatory. i researched a lot on the net and found lot of good reviews about proprapronol - Inderal. Doc prescribed 40 mg. Although taking medicines is not good always, but very rarely when there is a presentation it should be ok. I was skeptical though about working. Had one 40 Mg dose 2 hours before, it took 2 hours to start working. In the meeting, i was as usual feeling tense before my turn. till i started the presentation i was feeling tense as soon as i started, donno what happened, but i spoke very fluent. Although i was prepared but still the fluency showed up and it was really a good feeling, This really really worked today"

Paul David August 1, 2016

"I was asked a few months ago to give a best man speech in front of 800 people at my best friends wedding. I was super stressed for the months leading up to the event and went to my doctor to ask for a prescription. He prescribed 1-4 20gm pills 1-2 hours before speaking. The wedding was last night and due to the chaos I didn't know when my speech would be. I ended up taking one 20mg pill about 4 hours before my speech, a second 20mg pill about 2.5 hours before my speech and chewing half a pill about 20 min before my speech. I am amazed at how effective this medicine is, I was calm through the entire speech with no racing heart or trembling voice. My only recommendation is to take it with food otherwise it may cause upset stomach."

Nervous Best Man (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

"I had a panic attack recently where I had to present myself in front of a group of people. I am wondering if this propanolol will do the trick to save my career! "

Hard life July 29, 2016

"Public speaking has been a huge issue for me for years. Even introducing myself was an experience that I would dread for weeks out of I knew I had to do it. I've always thought that one day I would adjust and get over it, but I never did. I would lose my breath, forget what I needed to say, sweat, heart rate would sky rocket, etc. my doctor prescribed me this yesterday. I had to speak today, so I tried it for the first time. I still felt somewhat nervous when I was just about to get up, but when I did i found I was able to get a sentence out because my breath was taken from me. I was able to recall the information I needed. I feel like I'm going to be able to as successful as I should be now that I've defeated what has become my worse enemy"

Dee nice (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

"This little pink power pill is incredible! For years I have avoided social situations or interviews due to the awful anxiety I feel when put on the spot to talk. I would just think of the feeling of panic spreading over me and want to run away. This tablet has changed my life. No more racing heartbeat or awful feeling of panic. So grateful to have this to use when needed most!"

Louisa222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2016

"I've had a phobia of public speaking since age 16. Heart races, voice shakes, neck turns blotchy. I tried confronting my fear: did toastmasters and gave 40+ work presentations. But, the physical reaction never went away. I merely lived with it. Finally, my boss told me that I need to do something about my nerves during presentations (not a helpful thing to say to someone!). I realized that this is an automatic response and not something that my mind can control. I read about Proprananol online and went to the doctor to ask her thoughts. She told me that a lot of people take it, including those in high-power positions. By now, I've tried it 8 times -- every time I was calm and flawless, humorous even. I wish I had found this 15 years ago."

dallas234 July 15, 2016

"Just completed my best man speech at my brothers wedding, which i was really stressing about, due to me having issues in freezing up etc, and this drug helped me so much. I delivered the speech very confident and everyone was laufhing and congradulating me afterwards. Thinking now of going into politics lol."

Dazo (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016