User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Propranolol Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Performance Anxiety.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Performance Anxiety

"Honestly I have never wrote a review on anything in my entire life. This changed my life. I am so outgoing and love being the center of attention. But when it comes to formal public speaking my body goes under flight mode. Please please please take this drug if you have performance anxiety. I can bet a million dollars it will help you. It won't change your thoughts but once you get up there and start speaking you will feel so calm and confident. God bless you and Inderall!"

Carlypopo July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Recently started graduate school and quickly found out that I had a severe and embarrasing physiological reaction to public speaking. I joined toastmasters and started working on mindfulness and breathing. Paradoxically, the harder I worked on getting this problem under control, the worse the anxiety seemed to get. I started researching medication and found Proprananol. Ordered some online. I took some yesterday before my second Toastmasters speech and I aced the speech (first one was a really bad without propranonol). This is amazing! I am actually looking forward to my next presentation now."

Q29 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A year ago, I was asked to read at my friends wedding & since the day she asked me I have been terrified as I usually experience an extremely intense heart beat like it's going to jump out of my chest, I can't regulate my breathing so find it hard to even get a word out, & I also experience dizziness like I'm about to pass out. I took 20mg the night before to test how I would react with it, 10mg about 1.5 hours before & another 10mg 45 mins before. I've never known anything like this. I read my speech with clarity, I could even look up and make eye contact with the bride & groom. My fiancé was gobsmacked. Usually he has to try and calm my nerves, all night he kept saying how amazing I did. I have a new found confidence now."

New found confidence July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Never use it. It's just a lie. I ordered it once and they sent me the one which is almost out of date and it doesn't work at all. It just makes it worse. Never ever by this product from a website. Better take contact with doctor and get proper help. They are thieves who are selling this."

Firnado July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am no sales person, no employee of the drug maker but a simple person that is required to give presentations to oil and gas companies. I took three pills, waited 1 hour and felt at ease prior to the presentation. I can confirm that the drug removed the tightness of the chest, twitches to the checks, shocking hands and voice. This is the real McCoy, it works and I will never facilitate any further public speaking without taking this mini miracle drug."

Safety Professional July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am speechless!!! I read all the 250+ reviews and decided, this is my remedy! I have been suffering for 30 years now from stage fright despite being sociable and communicator, my heart will start beating loudly my breathing will almost stop and I am almost fainting just when I think about a public speaking or presentation! I took the 40mg pill of inderal 2 hours before a business presentation to 150 people, and guess what... I propelled like a rocket!!! I should have known about it before and avoid the wasted time..."

Loudman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If you have serious performance anxiety, propranolol is an absolutely great help. I used to worry for weeks about any sort of public speaking/performance, even when it was as short as a couple minutes in front of 15-25 people. By the time I actually got up to perform, I had overthought it so much that I was panicked and my heart raced, face turned red, voice shook, etc. I took 20mg of propranolol (10mg 90 minutes before, 10mg 45 minutes before) before a presentation and I felt pretty calm leading up to the presentation. I was even calmer when I started presenting and presented better than ever before. I honestly don't think ill ever worry about public speaking again."

Anonymous July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have always feared public speaking for as long as I can remember. I even feared the fear. Always making excuses at work I some how managed to avoid it. I am socially very confident but the thought of standing up and speaking in front of people made me incredibly anxious. I think that because sometimes I am a bit of a joker I'd set myself up for an even bigger fall with the thought of me crumbling and dying slowly in front of an audience! Then recently I got married. There was no getting away from the grooms speech. I took 40 mg an hour before my speech and I spoke fluently, and calmly with no nerves. I even enjoyed it!"

Matthew P (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had the fear of public speaking ever since high school. And now at the age 28 I still haven't gotten over it. I have been searching for job for 4 months now and each time an interview is scheduled. I panic, start trembling and cant think of anything to say. I have an interview in 15 mins and I took 40mg of propranolol and I don't know if it is going to help. My biggest fear is not knowing how to answer the question being asked. I have even canceled some interviews because I get so scared. Please wish me luck. I really need this job."

fear of speaking June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have lost 3 years of college being victim of public speaking. Guys, please try this. I know how you feel but please TRY this. I just used that today in a school interview in France (in skype) , I was so scared. Imagine I woke up at 5 am and couldn't have more sleep because my heart was pumping so hard that I could easily heard it. I took 20 mg 2 hours before and another 20 mg 1 hour before. I became another person. I swear I was another person. No more anxiety, no more stress, no trembling voice, red face etc. I said to the prof: sorry but I am a little nervous because its my first interview on skype, while I was not at all nervous. It was just a part that I had learned and had to say lol.. This is a life saver for me"

MonCheri June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've always had an abnormal and extremely strong physical response to public speaking. My heart will beat like I've just sprinted 100m, my voice will become so shaky that I can barely speak, and the sense of panic scrambles my mind so much that I don't even know what I'm saying. Having to introduce myself at a meeting triggers something approaching a full-on panic attack. It's extremely unpleasant and very embarrassing. Psychologically I don't fear public speaking; the physiological reaction is just abnormal and disproportionate. Propranolol works wonders for preventing the physical response. I take 10-20mg 1-2 hours before exposure and can speak normally in meetings, etc."

MarkBr (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"IT'S A TRUE MIRACLE. 30 seconds before my presentation I was gonna run away from the class lol but the second I started talking that was the moment the miracle started. I could think straight, no trembling or voice shaking . I mean I was nervous which is totally normal but I had no physical symptoms of anxiety. I took a 20mg in the morning and a 40mg 1 hour before presentation but I think the 40mg would do the job but I didn't want to risk anything. totally game changer!"

Mohammareza June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Magic. Everything you heard is true. I have had the usual symptoms- inability to think, voice trembling so hard words don't come out, gasping like a fish out of water and feeling so much shame, because in every other respect I am a competent, confident person. This simply eliminates it all and lets the real me come out. I can not recommend it highly enough. Do not waste another second of your life worrying about this performance anxiety or stage fright or nervousness of public speaking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"1 weeks ago, I was informed that I had to present to a group of higher management and my colleagues on a subject I am not most familiar with. When I first heard it a wave of panic swept through me. I struggled to put the power points together. I was unsure if I could get through this without damaging my career. I took 10 mg in the morning as I had to run through it with my boss. I felt really tired after that and sense of detachment from people around. I could not imagine taking some more later before the real thing. I took 20 gram anyway 1 hour before. I feel that I could not think clearly before the presentation. But just as I started I begin to enter a zone where I spoke like a pro and completed it beautifully!"

BoonCheong May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"No doubt, this stuff works. I stumbled across these reviews in Dec and asked my doc for it- no problem giving it to me, and he uses it himself for speeches! I suffered from a racing mind to full blown panic attacks. Tried toastmasters- very helpful, but couldn't get over the panic. Tried this a few times for smaller presentations, and I did notice a difference. This week I had a larger 50+ person presentation, and nailed it. Still need to figure out dosage - doc said 10 mg, which was effective. But for this larger presentation, I was feeling very nervous so ended up popping 40 mg total. Thing is, this won't eliminate the jitters so don't expect that. But when I started talking, it totally kicked in! No panic, in full control for an hour!"

nomorepanic May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's a miracle!! I've been struggling with performance anxiety since high school, and it has interfered with my life greatly. I actually enjoy the thought of public speaking, but I fear my own anxiety! Anytime I would speak in front of a crowd I would automatically go into a state with a pounding heart beat, sweaty and shaky hands, and a shaky voice. It was visibly uncomfortable to watch. I took 20mg of propranolol 4 hours before a speech I had to do for work, and 20mg more an hour before, and poof! All symptoms of anxiety were gone. I was still a little nervous right before the speech naturally, but once I got up there, it went so smoothly. No tremors, no fast talking, no pounding heart beat. I truly recommend this."

dh1996 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have had performance anxiety all my life. Have been trying numerous things like books, courses, speaking circles etc. Normally I would practise my presentation over and over until I knew it by heart. Conclusion is that nothing really worked and practising did not make it better. I now use propranolol 20 mg and my experience is that it brings me back to the person that I really am. Actually I'm a very good presenter, only the anxiety negatively influences this. Best medicine ever, career saver! Would highly recommend it."

Chico336 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's all true. Prevents the panic!"

C. Johnson March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Propranolol is so amazing. I used to have really bad panic attacks before presentations in college and now I take this medicine an hour before I present and turn into another person. I no longer tremble, my heart no longer pounds like crazy and I can talk normal and be completely comfortable in front of a big lecture hall. It honestly works so well."

Anonymous March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Absolutely great. I used to have shaky voice, no independent thought, facial twitching...I used to have to have down a couple shots of vodka to make it through a 5 minute presentation. Now, take 40mg 2 hours out, another 20mg one hour from show time, and it is like magic. I am engaging, comfortable, able to make eye contact, and even improvise on the fly. My presentations end with a committee firing questions in rapid succession, propranolol has provided the ability to take them all in stride. Nothing substitutes for adequate preparation and this will not make you shine if you don't know what you are talking about, but it is a godsend when you know your stuff yet so uncomfortable your delivery SUCKS. Wish I discovered sooner!!"

Snakle76 March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"What an amazing feeling it is to be able to speak in front of your peers without issue. I took 45mg over the course of 3 hours before my presentation and it worked without question. Trust me, I was sceptical if it would work or not and boy did it deliver! I'm a big guy and 45 mg was more than enough."

MattGats1986 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My fear of public speaking has affected my professional life. I consciously and unconsciously avoid jobs that will put me in the spotlight. When I do get trapped into public speaking it's been devastating. Underlying panic for weeks, months ahead of time. Ruins your life. Severe panic leading up to the events. And the actual events have not gone well and have been humiliating. As a professional it makes you feel very small. I want to hide under a rock and just cry. I still get a bit nervous leading up to the event. Practice sessions are still very bad and I'm sure I'll bomb. But with the medicIne I'm nervous but calm when the time comes. And I can speak like a human. And THINK while I'm speaking if I need to. So glad I found this."

Jimbo222 March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 44 year old female that as dealt with fear of public speaking all my life. I've recently joined an organization where the ability to public speak is a career necessity. I've tried taking Xanax during public speaking engagements. While it would calm me down slightly, it wasn't able to control the adrenaline-induced autonomic responses such as shaky voice. Today I took 80mg of propranolol spaced between 90 minutes to 30 minutes before my presentation and 2 0.5 mg doses of Alprazolam in that 90 minute to 30 minute window before my presentation. I was nervous entering the presentation. As soon as I spoke, no sign of anxiety or shaky voice evident. I was joking and very natural on stage. I am so grateful for these drugs."

genmod (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine really works. As I commented below, I have struggled with panic attacks/anxiety, that sometimes sets in when I am about to start presenting/speak in front of many people, for 25 years (I am now 43). The strange thing is that sometimes it does not happen. I can't control under which presentation the body launches the full attack. Today I had another presentation for 35 people. I prepared very well. Took 60 mg propranolol 1 hour before. I had no heart racing, none of my usual shaky voice, no choking, etc. The med blocks it actually. It WORKS. I can present calm as a normal person. I also noticed that I have almost no anxiety in the days before presentations compared to before when I didn't used propranolol as I know I'm going to be fine I'm now not anxious"

Gabriel12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have always been anxious at public speaking, I was recently asked by a close friend to speak at his mothers funeral, I couldn't refuse but as the time came closer the anxiety was unbearable and I knew I couldn't go through with it without major panic and possible failure. I read public speaking tips and stumbled across reviews of medication. I went to see the doctor and asked about propranolol. He said I could try it and prescribed 10mg and advised me to try it to get the feeling and take up to a max of 40mg 2hrs before the funeral. I am so glad I did, this stuff is amazing, I only needed 20mg and it made me so calm, I was still nervous but only perhaps 4/10 instead of 10/10. I got through the speech without a problem and am so pleased."

J Ox February 8, 2017