User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Propranolol.

Propranolol Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Performance Anxiety.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Performance Anxiety

"I never write reviews but I promised myself I would add a comment if propranolol lived up to the other reviews on this site - and I'm so pleased to say it did! My whole working career I have struggled with controlling nerves when presenting. Most of the time I struggle through but I have had a couple of bad experiences where I choked up included one where I just finished super early and walked off because my throat started to close up. Recently I had to present to senior management and all of my peers and I have been dreading it since finding out. I took 40 mg an hour before my presentation and it worked exactly how everyone else described. I felt calm and in control - mainly because my heart wasn't racing and my voice was in control"

UK based (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from glossophobia or the fear of public speaking. I get full blown panic attacks in from of an audience. I am 31 years old and this phobia has been a burden. This morning, I had to do a presentation of 5 to 10 minutes in front of the board members (around 20). Basically, I had to report all my projects. It is basically a nightmare for me. Popped 20 mg of Propranolol 90 minutes before the show, 20 mg 60 minutes before and 20 mg 30 minutes before. I also had a hint of Ativan (0,5 mg) when I woke up. Not sure if the Ativan helped, but the panic symptoms never showed up and I delivered a great report. 10/10 will present again (with Prop)."

Anonymous411 December 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I really wish I had discovered this drug sooner. Ever since a young age I have found public speaking the worst thing on earth. I would do anything to get out of a presentation or even having to read aloud or answer a question in class. I had a big university presentation and finally decided to go to the doctors. The week before the presentation I spent reading all these comments being amazed and thinking it definitely wouldn't work for me. I was very nervous before and dreading that it wouldn't work but as soon as I got up there I literally felt absolutely fine! I took 40mg 2 hours ish before and it worked a treat! Couldn't recommend it more it has now literally changed my life forever. AMAZING"

biologist1996 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Like most people on here, I have super bad public speaking anxiety. I'll freak out months, weeks, days before and essentially just shut down when I have to get up and talk. In the past, I've had terrible voice shaking, felt my body go weak and no longer able to stand, my eyes go fuzzy and I can't see anything. I've only used this for one group presentation so far, but it was actually amazing what it did for me. I had a pit in my stomach before I went up because I was unsure if it would kick in or not, but I actually was able to talk! I was articulate and actually able to get through the whole thing really well. Absolutely get it if you're struggling!"

sarahg77920 December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm a male medical student in the final months of my training. I've always found it dreadful doing presentations before a professional (other medics) audience even if it is something like 7 people. I found it impossible - I go into full blown panic attack 15 seconds in (crying, voice trembling, heart pounding so much that people have said they can hear it from outside). I had a very important presentation recently and I took 40 mg 1.5 hours before and I was EXTREMELY calm. I felt so calm, I felt like I was sitting at home watching a movie while I was on stage! My "excited" heart rate without propranolol is 120+ but on propranolol it was 84 maximum. Just use this med under Doctors guidance. Use the lowest working dose. Try it before the event to see how you react to it"

Medic123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Propranolol is honestly one of the best things in the freakin universe. I’ve struggled tremendously with debilitating presentation/public speaking anxiety for the past 13 years of my life. I’ve been prescribed Xanax and Lexapro to aide with my anxiety, but Xanax made me so foggy to the point of stupidity and Lexapro is a daily medication, while my anxiety is strictly situational. Just take 30 mg an hour to an hour and a half before your presentation, or speech and you WILL kill it. Reading short paragraphs out loud, or even introducing myself to a large group of people would be straight up impossible for me - but with Propranolol, That’s all gone away. Seriously. Try it. You’ll be that person VOLUNTEERING to present and read aloud :)"

Ya Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"41 year old female that is furious I wasted my life so far without this little miracle pill! Spent my life terrified of public speaking—basically wasted my Ivy League college experience, avoided speaking at work as much as possible, limiting my professional opportunities. I even tried therapy, and the most useful thing she said was “you could try a beta blocker,” which I blew off because I don’t like taking drugs. After spending a week long training in absolute terror and humiliation over not speaking up, I decided to try it. I needed to get over my feeling that I should be able to do it on my own—blow that, for whatever genetics or childhood trauma some of us have to contend with this burden of worry over any public speaking. This is great!"

Terrified speaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been a victim of public anxiety for the last 10-15 years. I am currently 32 years old. I first realised how bad my public anxiety was at University. It was almost impossible for me to give a presentation no matter how well prepared I was. This trend has continued well into my working years. It has also affected my participation in classes and in other working environments. I can genuinely say that this situation has left me feeling embarrassed and extremely frustrated many times. It was only a few months ago that I came across this product and decided to give it a go. I have yet to give a presentation but it has helped me enormously in giving small presentations at seminars. All I can say is that it has been a life changer so far."

Bigjo (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I recommend this drug to anyone who gets choked up, shakes or a racing heart whilst presenting or in general anxious situations. I developed terrible performance anxiety surrounding presentations from the age of about fifteen and it has persisted throughout college. This was a big problem as I am in a business course, we have to present. Before trying proporanolol it got to the point where I physically could not take part in public speaking, I would choke up to the point of not being able to speak and it was humiliating. I was prescribed propranolol by my GP. I take between 10 and 30mg for presentations and interviews (I am 5"8 and a girl) and it completely eliminates the physical symptoms of anxiety. go to your GP and get a prescription!!"

Nicky2397 November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from a very severe presentation anxiety, but after trying this drug I am able to present without any problems! It is truly amazing. Thank you to whoever made this drug!"

Sophia K. November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I rarely leave reviews but felt compelled here. I was recently tasked with having to speak at my father's funeral. While otherwise successful and confident, I have always had major anxiety related to public speaking, especially with 400-500 people expected. I went online and found this site and read the reviews. I am skeptical w/ info on the internet but couldn't ignore the positive reviews. I called my doc and interestingly he told me he uses propranolol when he gives big presentations. He said it would help and boy did it. I was totally comfortable, did not get panicky feelings I would typically have, had clear mind, and delivered a great speech w/ confidence. Thank you to all of you who shared before me, it was a lifesaver. Took 20mg 90 min b4"

Ktiz October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Tried everything in the past: training, courses, learning complete presentations by heart. Nothing helped and symptoms became worse. Intense anticipatory anxiety, not be able to sleep for days, could not think about something else. Blackouts during presentations. Described by my GP and it's a miracle. I'm now giving presentations like a pro, even getting compliments from my supervisor. Also, the anticipatory anxiety is almost gone. I can even have a good sleep the evening before my presentation. I believe that this medicine is not registered for this specific use. I don't understand why, it really works and for sure it's not a placebo effect."

dumbell36 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a very limited space here so I'll make it simple I get full blown panic attacks while public speaking (racing heart, irregular breathing, sweating, brain gets scrambled, and lastly throat closes) these would cause me to sit down in the middle of a talk and it is the most embarrassing feeling I have ever felt. Well I have taken Propranolol twice now for two different talks and I cannot believe how well it worked I could literally cry! I take 40 mg at least an hour in advance and when the moment comes and your expecting that rush of adrenaline boom nothing happens its absolutely amazing. If you suffer from this fear of public speaking or full blown panic attacks please please please try this!!!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm not one who usually takes the time to write a review, however, this drug is worth it. I'm a 25 y/o female nurse. I've struggled with public speaking since HS.. I would dread upcoming presentations for WEEKS. As the day drew closer, the more anxious I became. I would even throw up the morning of my presentation. Sometimes I would do great, other times my fight or flight response would take over and I'd be a voice cracking, red faced, trembling mess. OH, the embarrassment! Fast forward to present day. I was asked to speak on the radio and was VERY nervous. My doc prescribed Propranolol 40mg 1 hr before. I still felt anxious but the moment I spoke, it was magic! Please, if you suffer from public speaking anxiety, talk to your doc!!"

Rabbitttttt October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug DOES work. Period. It will eliminate the shaky voice, tremors and sweating, and as a bonus, will make you feel more confident, and allow to focus on the topic or task at hand, not on yourself. It is a magic pill, which good results were tested over and over by hundred of thousands of people (professional actor, musicians, business speakers) and it always work!"

A-recovered-one September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've just given a presentation to about 30 people and I ACED IT! Absolutely cool as a cucumber, thanks to Propanolol. I've tried everything in the past, hypnosis, meditation - all of which makes you feel like more of a failure when it doesn't work. I found out about this because my boss takes them, so I did a bit of research, read these reviews, then ordered some immediately from an online pharmacy. Best decision I've ever made, I'm never doing a presentation without these bad boys ever again. I get all the classic symptoms - weeks of torment in the build up, throat tightening, feeling like I'm going to faint, wobbly voice and shaky hands - knowing people are looking at you in pity. NOT ANY MORE!!! :D"

Bobby McWesthead September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a college student and propranolol has saved my life and my future career. I hate presentations so much to the point where I will drop classes and do everything possible to not present. I even hated introducing myself, any type of interviews, and a lot of social situations. I kept this page open for the past 2 weeks because I wanted to read through everyone's reviews before I presented. My doctor told me to take 10mg 30 min before the speech and I tested it out and it didn't work. I ended up taking 30mg 1 hour before and 10mg 30 min before (that was probably too much because I am short and don't weigh a lot). I was initially nervous before the presentation but as soon as I got up there, I OWNED it. I have never felt more confident and calm."

iukiddo (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just want to thank this website for letting me know all about propranolol, and want to thank all people here who shared their reviews!!! I've been suffering all my life from performance anxiety, to an extent it began to affect my career! I work in marketing and communication, where presentations are required all the time, I always screw up!!!!! But today was a completely different thing with propranolol!!!! I was presenting in front of the the GM and he was stunned!!!! Everybody was looking at me with a big smile on their faces :D this is absolutely a LIFE SAVER!!"

ShoMo111 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Propranolol for 15 years and it definitely saved my career - I was a CEO in a high pressure industry where I had to do lots of public speaking. But boys and girls please remember there is no such thing as a free lunch. Propranolol is a powerful prescription drug and has side effects. Specifically it dampens your emotions and your creativity. So whilst you can give that speech confidently , sustained use will have a negative impact on your relationships and your performance. Ultimately the best solution is to work on techniques to change your emotions and make you more confident when you speak. Specifically practice for the moment when things might go wrong . What will you do to overcome it ?"

Charlie China (taken for 10 years or more) September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was deathly afraid of public speaking to the point that I would almost throw up while I was in front of a group. I would find out about a presentation in college and think about it every day for the next few months, getting sick at the thought. I found this drug and it changed the game. I started using it in graduate school and I had classmates come up to me after and ask me how I learned to speak so well. I takes away the fear, the nausea, the trembling, the shaky voice and just allows you to think about what you are presenting rather than what everyone else is thinking about you. This is a MIRACLE drug and I endorse it 100%"

Anonymous September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have signed up to this website just so I could share my experience and hope that it will help others. If you are reading this and suffer badly from public speaking like I did (trembling, stuttering quivering mess) and have never used this medication it will be difficult for you to believe that it will actually work for you. I was skeptical as well. I remember being in the bathroom before my speech (300 ppl) taking the Propranolol and praying that it will work! I spoke clearly and even enjoyed the experience! It’s unbelievable, I could have spoken for hours I was that confident. It was the confident me I always knew I could be. My life has changed. Yours will too. I took one does of 40mg (give it at least 1 hour to kick in)"

thing123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"thank god for the internet and for searching and finding that this drug was the answer to my public speaking disability. I have always had a phobia of public speaking due to my first couple of unforseen encounters with adrenalin kicking in and my voice locking up in the middle of public speaking. This condition can have a severe negative impact on your life, because when you don't know that this can be managed/treated you steer away from all occasions where you may be required to speak publicly, and that can have serious implications towards where you go with your career and what positions you can assume. I take 40mg as a single dose an hour and a half before events and that works like a charm"

bossman82 August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Performance anxiety was very frustrating for me. I wanted to share my ideas, introduce myself in class, make killer presentations. I knew I had it in me, but the crippling adrenaline blast I would get every time I had to speak up in class left me severely depressed. I felt like a loser. But now, I'm a more confident person, thanks to propranolol. This stuff works. That adrenaline blast - you know it if you're reading this review - heart racing, voice trembling. GONE with this medication. I take one 20mg dose an hour and a half before a presentation, having to introduce myself to a class, etc. and I am a new person. NO adrenaline kick. My heart stays calm, and so do I. I love it. Please look into it if you have this specific anxiety."

Aegon Targaryen August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Propananol has changed my life!!! Literally...... I didn't realise I was suffering from daily anxiety. I was due to be interviewed for a great new job but was not going to turn up due to uncontrollable feelings if anxiety. I decided to speak to my doctor the week before the interview as the anxiety attacks were ruining my life. After discussing all my symptoms she suggested a course of propananol (40mg) to be taken either 1-2 times a day or just when I know I would be in a difficult situation. I decided to take them twice a day. Wow...,after one dose I felt amazing. I thought I would never feel this good. I have no anxious feelings whatsoever, even when public speaking. The interview went exceptionally well and I got the job "

KNN August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Honestly I have never wrote a review on anything in my entire life. This changed my life. I am so outgoing and love being the center of attention. But when it comes to formal public speaking my body goes under flight mode. Please please please take this drug if you have performance anxiety. I can bet a million dollars it will help you. It won't change your thoughts but once you get up there and start speaking you will feel so calm and confident. God bless you and Inderall!"

Carlypopo July 28, 2017