User Reviews for Bisoprolol

Bisoprolol has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 57 ratings on Drugs.com. 55% of those users who reviewed Bisoprolol reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Premature Ventricular Depolarizations   9.0
High Blood Pressure   7.3
Heart Failure   7.0
Supraventricular Tachycardia   5.9
Mitral Valve Prolapse   4.0
Summary of Bisoprolol reviews 6.8 57 reviews

Reviews for Bisoprolol

Jayheartman February 20, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “Not really sure how much this is helping me. Heart disease, STEMI heart attack...99% blockage 2 days on bathroom floor thought it was food poisoning but turned out way worse. Have moderate tissue damage and now have recurrent palpitations so trying to get it all squared away. Was on many different types of beta blockers, so many that my HR was low 30's”

Dipu · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “Taking bisoprolol 2.5 mg since June 2018 after angioplasty. (along with clopidogrel, aspirin , metformin and lercanidipine.) Do workout more than 1 hour daily, morning and evening together. Stopped sugar altogether. Feel terribly tired, have issues with peaceful sleep, nocturia, and now serious ED, since recently. BP fluctuates, from 160/90 to 140/70. I feel another BP drug may be tried, I have to discuss seriously with my cardiologist during my next visit . Because of the side effects which affects the quality of life , I am not a fan of Bisoprolol”

BPdrugMadness · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 4, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “After being on virtually every type of BP drug- or rejecting some immediately like diuretics- this bisoprolol is the only drug I can tolerate. No side effects other than not being able to stay up very late, numerous sleep wake ups thru the night, pretty bad ED and joint/muscle stiffness and arthritis in wrists. I know this med causes this stiffness/pain since I've went off it a few times and my body felt normal again. I deal with these side effects since they are easier to tolerate than headaches, rapid pulse, constipation/bloating that other types such as ACE, Calcium Channel and ARBs give me. Diuretics and Vasodilators even give me chills and insomnia! Thus Bisoprolol isn't perfect, but it's way more tolerable than most others.”

Laura W Taylor · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2021

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I was put on 2.5mg of bisoprolol for episodes of SVT. It mostly calmed that down, but a gradually increasing side effect was allergic rhinitis. This started with a runny nose whilst exercising, and got steadily worse over a couple of months until I was sneezing constantly, the lining of my nose was red raw and swollen, and I had rivers of snot. It was incapacitating. I experimented with taking a double dose of the antihistamine cetirizine, which helped with the symptoms, but didn't know about the safety of taking the two combined, so rang the pharmacist, who advised me to ring the GP. After consultation, the GP has changed me onto atenolol. I haven't started it yet, but apparently bisoprolol is the only beta blocker that causes rhinitis, so am hoping it will be better than the bisoprolol.”

Jimmy December 12, 2020

For Premature Ventricular Depolarizations: “Hi, was diagnosed about 3 months ago with ectopic heart beats at above 3%. Doctor recommended starting Bisoprolol. I was very concerned as worried I might not be able to stop once started. Anyway having had to wait nearly a month with these weird ectopic beats, thought I should give it ago. After about 6 weeks noticed the beats were back to normal albeit much slower heart rate at around 50 - 60bpm resting. I only take 1.25mg once a day and it seems to have helped a lot but must stick to taking at regular times. I’m waiting for echocardiogram and just hoping heart will show up as normal Structurally! All in all I think it has been worth taking it, as mild side effects much better than dealing with panic attacks daily and ectopic beats.”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2020

For Premature Ventricular Depolarizations: “Hi there Had a novacor monitor for 5 days recently it recorded some irregular activity and the cardiologist advised to start me on 2.5mg Bisoprolol fumarate. After one week I now have heart rate as low as 35 when tired at night with an average of 39-42 during the day. What do I do? Should I stop taking these and suffer the wonky heart beats, feels like a no win situation.”

sparklins · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been placed on bisoprolol 2.5mg, due to panic attacks and HBP. I have been on it for 3 weeks, it did a good job by lowering my irregular heart rate and the blood pressure have been a bit down but I noticed recently that my BP is getting back to 130/80. I need to see my cardiologist to see if I should increase to 5mg. I feel dizzy n sometimes can't concentrate fully.”

rinkly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 30, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Have been taking Bisoprolol 2.5mg for about a year. Blood pressure reduced - good. Tiredness and fatigue - not so good. Erectile disfunction - awful. Maybe I should stop taking Bisoprolol and live life to the full although unfortunately maybe not a good idea. So to this end it is effective for the treatment needed.”

Virz · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Wow...I have no words for how amazing bisoprolol is. I'm a 22 year old male with Severe Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Hypertension and Tachychardia. I was prescribed 2.5mg of Bisoprolol and it didn't bring any significant change to anything, my BP reading was always on 130-150/85-110 never lower than that and my heartbeat rate was always past 80. So I decided to up the dose to 5mg/day, I was shocked that my BP reading was 121/78 today (15 minutes after taking the 5mg dose). Not to mention that my anxiety was reduced too, following my slowed heartbeat rate. This drug is quite the lifesaver, also on another case if you experience any Panic Attack just gulp down 5mg of Bisoprolol and you will be fine and better in 30 minutes. This works so well for me.”

Wasmynumber · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Been taking 2.5mg bisoprolol for around 3 weeks. Previously was on Candesartan for many years but it probably contributed to renal function issues so trying these which hopefully will not affect my kidneys. So far, so good. No side effects and BP down to better levels (121/74 pulse 53) so maybe this is the one! Also tried at least 3 other types of medication but all gave me intolerable side effects (swollen ankles, urinary problems).”

Tess · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 8, 2020

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “Have used bisoprolol for four years. Have not had any SVT episodes since. Fabulous!”

Mother · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 27, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Taken bisoprolol for about 10 years for HBP I was on 5mg to start but having side effects reduced to 2.5 still having side effects quite a few very bad sinus, mucus, fuzzy head, joint pain very tired also feeling I'm going to pass out generally not well on this meds anymore looking for answers does meds start rejecting the body when being on them for long time anyone else felt the same appreciate inputs thankyou”

orli · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2020

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “bisoprolol helped everything”

Khan · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I'm on Bisoprolol 2.5mg for last 3 weeks. It makes my heart rate between 40-50bpm and I have felt numerous side effects. Initially, the bp levels were normal but now it gets 150/100 during night. My GP has added Telmisartan 40mg with it. Hopefully it will work. Overall, I'm really tired of Bisoprolol. Bad experience.”

V J · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “Previously was on amiodarone for a decade. Last month I underwent a 3D Mapping ablation and was switched on to bisoprolol 2.5mg. After a couple of days I started having issues. Higher production of mucus which led to a severe lung congestion, fatigue was also high, itching of skin which led to rashes and nausea. Never had this kind of side effects with amiodarone, metroprolol, sotalol or any other medicines.”

Bill · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Brought my blood pressure down from 170/110 to normal levels fairly quickly (under a week). However, started to notice side effects particularly fatigue, shortness of breath, weight gain and some loss of libido. Tried a 1/2 dosage for a week or so and symptoms dropped a little but not enough for my liking. Also, the blood pressure started to creep up with just a 1/2 dose. Although the drug was effective, I will probably seek an alternative med for my blood pressure.”

AF62 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 22, 2020

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “Started with atrial fibrillation aged 62. Prescribed metoprolol, and had weird side effects. Then severe aortic valve regurgitation, so had open heart surgery and new prosthetic valve. Left hospital on bisoprolol 5mg. Heart ejection fraction 18%. Following surgery, now walking at least 30 minutes, 7 days a week. Six months after hospital, bisoprolol increased to 10 mg daily. A year after surgery, HEF was at 60%. Fantastic.”

Sparrow April 9, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Started on 10 mg of Bisoprolol and felt great at first then after a few weeks I started feeling really tired and nauseous, my doctor has since halved it to 5mg . Not so tired but don’t feel a lot better and was wondering if 2.5 might work?”

Manz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Serves me well. Taken for the past 7 months...2.5 mg...without any SIDE effect ..able to have a constant reading of bp...”

Lo December 29, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “On bisoprolol at a dose of 2.5 mg and have side effect symptoms of extreme fatigue and 6lb weight gain.x 3 months. I have no anxiety and my blood pressure is great. Used to work out daily now maybe once a week. I don’t like the lethargic feeling .”

Rochma · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2019

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I have been taking Bisoprolol 10 mg ( one per day) for 3 years now. I was suffering Tachycardia and was fainting regularly. At 70 years of age I go jogging and go to the gym once per week. I feel super fit and my personal trainer says I am fitter than many of his customers who are 30 years younger than me. No doubt I will just drop down dead one day ( Brexit will probably still be rumbling on ! ) but in the meantime > hallelujah !”

Des · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2019

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I was originally prescribed Metoprolol and was experiencing serious side effects. My doctor took me off of it and didn’t prescribe anything to replace it. For a year I continued to suffer with the heart issues and became unable to function. I went into a clinic in active Atrial fibrillation and the clinic doctor prescribed Bisoprolol 5mg once a day and now I feel on top of the world! I am wondering if anyone else has used this medication for the same condition?”

VVW October 19, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “A doctor (whom I trust with my life) gave me this medicine under a different brand name (Concor in India) and foolishly, took this for almost 2 years without reading the chemical name Now, coming to present suffering from severe asthma like conditions, upper and lower respiratory tract infections, every morning is a nightmare until the symptoms go away. On Seretide puffers, nasal sprays to clear nasal congestions...add sugar to the mix owing to Seretide  *facepalm* Folks if a doctor ever says, benefit outweighs side effects seriously question them. ”

Swervy September 4, 2019

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “Was put on this drug for high blood pressure two weeks later had AF had to have heart shocked, another few weeks had SVT now itching and as previous poster said bad eye twitching and facial tics as well as extreme tiredness, I'm stopping it”

BD · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 19, 2019

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: “I was put on metoprolol (12.5 mg twice per day) after my heart attack three years ago. However, my cardiologist said that metoprolol was contraindicated for patients with asthma so he changed it to bisoprolol (2.5 mg once per day) because it was more cardio selective than metoprolol. I immediately noticed a big improvement in my exercise tolerance and heart rate while on the treadmill. Hope this helps anyone who is on asthma medications and is having trouble while exercising on metoprolol.”