User Reviews for Bisoprolol

Mitral Valve Prolapse

1 review 12 medications
Summary of Bisoprolol reviews 6.7 27 reviews

Reviews for Bisoprolol

For High Blood Pressure: "I take this along with an alpha blocker (can never remember the name)- it keeps my blood pressure controlled. No side effects other than not being able to stay up very late, and joint/muscle stiffness and occasional arthritic-like pain. I know this med causes this stiffness/pain since I've went off it a few times and my body felt normal again. I can sleep fine on this med, don't get palpitations or much acid reflux (unlike many other BP meds I've tried)- so it's frustrating to get the performance you want, other than the joint muscle issues. I've been on this 2 years, everything else I try doesn't work and causes much worse side effects. Also a side effect may be ED, but most other BP meds I've tried did the same to me."

BPdrugMadness (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "This is the only blood pressure med that works for me with no side effects I have tried many others with no luck and same drug different manufacture with bad side effects"

Djg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2019

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: "My history is Bicuspid Aortic valve replaced and grafted Aortic root. Was on Sotalol for 20 years (it was mostly an antiarrhythmic with some beta blocking qualities)... but then they stopped making it. Cardiac Doc switched me to Bisoprolol 5mg daily. 1 year later: arrhythmia with a vengeance since going on this. Have also been taking Magnesium Citrate 150mg daily as per Doc. Not liking the constant funny heart beats and how tired I am in the afternoon. Going to see him soon to see if Metoprolol might be a better alternative to this."

Toolman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Using this tablet for over 10 years due to irregular heart beat and blood pressure. A fantastic medicine which brought my blood pressure down to normal and fixed my heart beat to some extent I did not get any side effects ,may be a dry mouth but not certain. I have asked my doctor to reduce the dosage from 5 mg to 2.5 mg for past 6 month ,I feel great"

Aryan (taken for 10 years or more) February 9, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "I'm about to start off on 1.25mg of bisoprolol, will add more and change rating once it has commenced, taking to hopefully reduce the tachycardia that comes with being upright or Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome "

Potsie (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

Zebeta (bisoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: "After 7 years of taking this medicine, it still works to reduce my blood pressure. If I go without it for 3 days or more, my heart gets sluggish, painful, and works too hard even if I am just sitting or laying down. It relieves most of the pain and the terrible headache"

TheRightMrsMetz (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 14, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Taking this for a number of years and it made me feel lethargic, and did not fully stop my arrhythmia. Started taking Ginseng a year ago and now feel great! Lethargy is gone and so is arrhythmia, almost totally. Told my Dr. about it - and he said nothing but did make a note about it. My theory is that Bisoprolol slows the heart and reduces blood pressure. Ginseng raises your metabolism and sort of restores balance. In any event - it sure works for me."

Stitch (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "Bisprolol 5mg has been amazing, changed my life, taking about 2-3 weeks to build up in your system. Beta blockers definitely reduce stress and how adrenaline impacts you. For example I can confidently talk in front of groups without anxiety, I also don’t have to spend as much time recovering from anxiety. I am generally more calmer overall and it’s helped me think much clearer. Beta2 blockers work by stopping adrenaline from working on the heart, which helps you feel calmer (reducing rate and contractility) So if your skeptical, like I was give it a try, I have no side effects although I do notice I don’t recover from exercise as fast. Which makes perfect sense, a small downside for various upsides."

Speed September 30, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I am pleased with the effects of this medication. I am on a low dose of 2.5 mg and use it in combination with an ACE inhibitor. I am now trying to just depend on the beta blocker- Bisoprolol. I appreciate that it has a slight anti-anxiety component as having sudden hypertension often brings with it, some anxiety."

Andy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Exacerbated my psoriasis to a greater coverage of skin, severe itching, pain of a couple of different types."

Sylvia76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Continues use has impaired eye sight. More over cough is generated while physical work or after long breath"

H.faroq December 24, 2017

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "After hospitalized and diagnosed that I have SVT, I've been 30 days on Bisoprolol. During those 30 days I feel tired, feeling like want to take a deep breath and release it and at night when I am about go to sleep - once I lay my body on bed - I feel a strange in my chest. It's not SVT (heartbeat race). I can not describe it, but I know the feeling is never happen before I have Bisoprolol."

odading (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "PT has been on the this drug for 1 year- he has been having sudden fall for once in one month. ECG shows RBBB but no mark of drop beat. Dr stopped concor 2.5 and told to go in for pacemaker implantaion. Another doctor's opinion taken - advised as there is no episode of fall after stoppage of concor- hence go for Holter Monitoring and Wait."

JYOTIRMOY GANGULY (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "18 yo male here taking Bisoprolol 2x5 mg Ramipril a 2.5mg 1x1 Normal tension"

DzoNI January 22, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Seems to do the job well. Keeps my BP and heart rate down!"

Spe77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "My doctor prescribed me 5mg concor. When I started my 208-213 bpm heart rate drops to 70-100 bpm. And also said that if this wouldn't help to drop we can make catheter ablation operation. I also test to give up the pills for 2 days then it again start to beat at 180-200 bpm. So I am good with 1 pill 5mg for a day."

heartty January 16, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "i didn't realize how sick I was until this drug started working. It's been a month now and my sleep has improved I am no longer being jerked awake....my heart doesn't feel like it's going to explode and my blood pressure is calmer and not throbbing in my neck and head. I'm so great full I could cry and kiss my Dr..."

Lucy33 (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

For Heart Failure: "Hospital changed me to bisoprolol due to intolerance of emconcor..I took 7mg and could not stay awake reduced this to 5mg. I had nose bleeds, bloating, sore eyes, so reduced to 2.5 mg, now got flatulence gout all in 4 weeks. HOWEVER my heart rythem blood pressure is at its best for many years"

mi les (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2015

For Heart Failure: "I have been on bisoprolol for almost 2 weeks and I have done well. I love the 1 pill of 5mg a day. I was on carvedilol but dreaded the evening dose. This has worked out good so far."

Anonymous September 2, 2014

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I was prescribed bisprolol fumarate 2.5mg and first 8 days no reaction then I got stomach pains then lips swelled up then felt throat restriction. I went to my doctor and asked if I could use lesser dose he said no I was allergic to it and it took that long for it to show. Now three weeks later I am just feeling it is going out of my system I have had lots of heart booms and feeling really off very frightening I would never take them again my heart was feeling really strange. I have phoned the consultant who prescribed them but to date no reply although I left message. I have never had these feelings before the tablets and the heart going every now and again like a deep beat was quite alarming seems to be quietening down now."

j shepherd June 7, 2014

Zebeta (bisoprolol) for Supraventricular Tachycardia: "Get out of breath easily without any exertion, tired and can fall asleep just sitting in a chair, swelling of feet and ankles."

Cat60 June 13, 2013

For Premature Ventricular Depolarizations: "I have taken 5 mg of bisoprolol for ectopic beats and sinus tachycardia for a year now. The medication has entirely stopped the palpitations and I feel much better. Only side effect was tiredness at first, but has now gone. Would recommend this beta blocker over any other, it is very effective."

Toby66 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I have developed an itchy rash with red weals on different parts of my body and I itch constantly all over my skin where there are no visible marks. Have been treated with a steroid cream which has had little effect. It is driving me crazy."

ricardo fuller January 6, 2013

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "Started on a half pill a day and it worked for about a week. Upped to a full pill after that but recently had the worst attack I've had in a long time. Glad to be seeing the cardiologist in a couple weeks. Going to try diet alterations instead."

CChopeful December 12, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "So far I've noticed a major difference in my heart rate, which before at rest varied from 108-140, and now it varies from 70-105. As for my blood pressure before it used to be 135-160/90-111 and the lowest it's been so far is 132/87 so we are making improvement. I am a healthy active young 20 year old female so I really hope that my blood pressure is in the 115/70ish zone soon."

Anonymous March 4, 2011