User Reviews for Bisoprolol

1 review 12 medications
Summary of Bisoprolol reviews 6.7 33 reviews

Reviews for Bisoprolol

Drox · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I don't like it. I feel tired and hazy, like I can't get a good roar going, you know? Like life is contained, sensation-wise. I don't feel very clear-headed."

John · Taken for 10 years or more June 12, 2019

Zebeta (bisoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: "After experiencing induced hypertriglyceridemia with long term use of Tenormin (50mg/day), and finding metoprolol to be useless, I have been using bisoprolol (5mg/2x day) for more than 10 years with outstanding results. As a side effect (bonus), bisoprolol reduces triglyceride and LDL levels and increases HDL. As a person that has been dealing with hypertension for around 40 years, I strongly recommend bisoprolol as the beta blocker of choice."

Billy W · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking Bisoprolol 2.5mg for just over a month now. I’m extremely pleased with the way it’s lowered my blood pressure and pulse has reduced from 90-140 to 55-100. I did however, only after taking it for about 3 weeks, notice that I am getting an extremely dry mouth. Small price to pay though, I suppose."

Napoleon · Taken for 10 years or more May 23, 2019

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I’m 72 and have been taking Ziac for over 20 years to control blood pressure and fluid retention. Last year I had a bout of SVT and was switched to Metoprolol. I quickly developed swollen calves & ankles and felt poorly. Went back on Ziac and am back to normal. So I’m all for Bisoprolol HCTZ generic Ziac. 2,5/6.5 each morning works just fine."

Glad · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I was diagnosed with AFIB. My cardiologist prescribed xaralto 10mg and bisoproorol 2.5mg. My blood pressure was always low normal. My heart rate was fast 93 to 110. This bisoproprol caused many side effects for me . Incontinence, nightmares, rapid weight g (15 pounds))extraordinary fatgue,hair loss, finally to swollen ankles. After 5 months I decide to gradually reduce 1/2 pill to 1/8 to none. It took a full month to see results. I am back to normal. Thank goodness. It is not the drug for all people. I am currently on only xaralto and 250mg of magnesium with no AFIB symptoms and low to normal blood pressure and heart rate"

Cissy · Taken for 10 years or more April 29, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Caution--efficacy varies greatly depending on generic manufacturer. For 15 years I used MYLAN generic. It worked wonderfully at 5mg dose. Then pharmacy switched to Unichem manufacturer--my BP went to over 170/110. Certain it was the Unichem generic because I was able to return to MYLAN and BP reduced again. Also, to those with palpitations or Right Bundle Branch Block with PVCs your potassium levels may be low. My abnormal ECG completely cured with prescription potassium supplement. Also lowers BP and restores normal sinus rhythm from bradycardia (too slow). Look at your blood test results yourself and compare with normal ranges. Often Doctors only tell you if your results are very far out of range however, even slightly off can cause many symptoms. You are entitled to copies of medical records and good info is available on internet regarding normal ranges."

BPdrugMadness · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "I take this along with an alpha blocker (can never remember the name)- it keeps my blood pressure controlled. No side effects other than not being able to stay up very late, and joint/muscle stiffness and occasional arthritic-like pain. I know this med causes this stiffness/pain since I've went off it a few times and my body felt normal again. I can sleep fine on this med, don't get palpitations or much acid reflux (unlike many other BP meds I've tried)- so it's frustrating to get the performance you want, other than the joint muscle issues. I've been on this 2 years, everything else I try doesn't work and causes much worse side effects. Also a side effect may be ED, but most other BP meds I've tried did the same to me."

Djg · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 27, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "This is the only blood pressure med that works for me with no side effects I have tried many others with no luck and same drug different manufacture with bad side effects"

Toolman · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 21, 2019

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: "My history is Bicuspid Aortic valve replaced and grafted Aortic root. Was on Sotalol for 20 years (it was mostly an antiarrhythmic with some beta blocking qualities)... but then they stopped making it. Cardiac Doc switched me to Bisoprolol 5mg daily. 1 year later: arrhythmia with a vengeance since going on this. Have also been taking Magnesium Citrate 150mg daily as per Doc. Not liking the constant funny heart beats and how tired I am in the afternoon. Going to see him soon to see if Metoprolol might be a better alternative to this."

Aryan · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: "Using this tablet for over 10 years due to irregular heart beat and blood pressure. A fantastic medicine which brought my blood pressure down to normal and fixed my heart beat to some extent I did not get any side effects ,may be a dry mouth but not certain. I have asked my doctor to reduce the dosage from 5 mg to 2.5 mg for past 6 month ,I feel great"

Potsie · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "I'm about to start off on 1.25mg of bisoprolol, will add more and change rating once it has commenced, taking to hopefully reduce the tachycardia that comes with being upright or Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome "

TheRightMrsMetz · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 14, 2018

Zebeta (bisoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: "After 7 years of taking this medicine, it still works to reduce my blood pressure. If I go without it for 3 days or more, my heart gets sluggish, painful, and works too hard even if I am just sitting or laying down. It relieves most of the pain and the terrible headache"

Stitch · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 10, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Taking this for a number of years and it made me feel lethargic, and did not fully stop my arrhythmia. Started taking Ginseng a year ago and now feel great! Lethargy is gone and so is arrhythmia, almost totally. Told my Dr. about it - and he said nothing but did make a note about it. My theory is that Bisoprolol slows the heart and reduces blood pressure. Ginseng raises your metabolism and sort of restores balance. In any event - it sure works for me."

Speed September 30, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "Bisprolol 5mg has been amazing, changed my life, taking about 2-3 weeks to build up in your system. Beta blockers definitely reduce stress and how adrenaline impacts you. For example I can confidently talk in front of groups without anxiety, I also don’t have to spend as much time recovering from anxiety. I am generally more calmer overall and it’s helped me think much clearer. Beta2 blockers work by stopping adrenaline from working on the heart, which helps you feel calmer (reducing rate and contractility) So if your skeptical, like I was give it a try, I have no side effects although I do notice I don’t recover from exercise as fast. Which makes perfect sense, a small downside for various upsides."

Andy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I am pleased with the effects of this medication. I am on a low dose of 2.5 mg and use it in combination with an ACE inhibitor. I am now trying to just depend on the beta blocker- Bisoprolol. I appreciate that it has a slight anti-anxiety component as having sudden hypertension often brings with it, some anxiety."

Sylvia76 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Exacerbated my psoriasis to a greater coverage of skin, severe itching, pain of a couple of different types."

H.faroq December 24, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Continues use has impaired eye sight. More over cough is generated while physical work or after long breath"

odading · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2017

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "After hospitalized and diagnosed that I have SVT, I've been 30 days on Bisoprolol. During those 30 days I feel tired, feeling like want to take a deep breath and release it and at night when I am about go to sleep - once I lay my body on bed - I feel a strange in my chest. It's not SVT (heartbeat race). I can not describe it, but I know the feeling is never happen before I have Bisoprolol."

JYOTIRMOY GANGULY · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 29, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "PT has been on the this drug for 1 year- he has been having sudden fall for once in one month. ECG shows RBBB but no mark of drop beat. Dr stopped concor 2.5 and told to go in for pacemaker implantaion. Another doctor's opinion taken - advised as there is no episode of fall after stoppage of concor- hence go for Holter Monitoring and Wait."

DzoNI January 22, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "18 yo male here taking Bisoprolol 2x5 mg Ramipril a 2.5mg 1x1 Normal tension"

Spe77 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Seems to do the job well. Keeps my BP and heart rate down!"

heartty January 16, 2016

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: "My doctor prescribed me 5mg concor. When I started my 208-213 bpm heart rate drops to 70-100 bpm. And also said that if this wouldn't help to drop we can make catheter ablation operation. I also test to give up the pills for 2 days then it again start to beat at 180-200 bpm. So I am good with 1 pill 5mg for a day."

Lucy33 · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "i didn't realize how sick I was until this drug started working. It's been a month now and my sleep has improved I am no longer being jerked awake....my heart doesn't feel like it's going to explode and my blood pressure is calmer and not throbbing in my neck and head. I'm so great full I could cry and kiss my Dr..."

mi les · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2015

For Heart Failure: "Hospital changed me to bisoprolol due to intolerance of emconcor..I took 7mg and could not stay awake reduced this to 5mg. I had nose bleeds, bloating, sore eyes, so reduced to 2.5 mg, now got flatulence gout all in 4 weeks. HOWEVER my heart rythem blood pressure is at its best for many years"

Anonymous September 2, 2014

For Heart Failure: "I have been on bisoprolol for almost 2 weeks and I have done well. I love the 1 pill of 5mg a day. I was on carvedilol but dreaded the evening dose. This has worked out good so far."