User Reviews for Cardizem

Learn more about Cardizem.

Atrial Flutter 1 reviews 25 medications

Atrial Fibrillation 4 reviews 40 medications

8.8
Raynaud's Syndrome 1 reviews 48 medications

High Blood Pressure 4 reviews 264 medications

6.8
Summary of Cardizem reviews 10 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Cardizem

For Atrial Flutter "after Beta Blockers failed to work, and made me gain 20 lbs in 90 days. Dr then tried Verapamil , While that did work better not 100%. After a 6 months , Then became allergic to it. Rare side effect. Then Dr put me on Cartia XT, after a day or 2 , I felt alot better. Cartia XT is really is controlling my PVCs from Left Vertical, 8 months going now and no side effects yet. Works better than Verapamil for me."

"Paul" (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation "Side effects....hoarseness. No appetite..fatigue...stomach upset. Have been on metropolol which caused shortness of breath. Still trying to find something without so many side effects. "

Mhmtaosnm March 3, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have had two episodes of lone a-fib, one 15 yrs ago and one six months ago. For the earlier episode I was placed on Toprol, Digoxin and Warfarin - it was HORRIBLE, I've never felt so sick in my life. This time, I was placed on 240 mg of Diltiazem and Xarelto. I have been on both for six months with the only minor issue being a bit of excess gas, small price to pay to keep the a-fib away."

JA Larson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "I've been on it for 6 months and the constant diarrhea and nausea is getting to me. I need to call my doctor to find a alternative."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation "Taking it for many years with no adverse effects. It's been highly effective."

vivianlinda June 7, 2010

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Raynaud's Syndrome "Recently diagnosed. Has helped tremendously on circulation and fatigue. I was amazed that I was able to grab a handful of snow for a short time without triggering an onset of usual numb painful cycle. I started off with 180mg and now on 300mg daily. I now have my thermostat set lower and get hot wearing long sleeves now! I'm a happy camper for the first time in years. "

Anonymous January 25, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation "The only drug that has worked to help me get my Atrial fibrillation under control."

karenwest1961 August 2, 2009

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I switched to Cardizem from Toprol-XL. Cardizem tires me for about 3 hours, then I'm good."

Rudell May 24, 2009

For High Blood Pressure "Started this medication over a year ago, and it has helped keep my heartbeat regular. I had an episode where my heart rate was over 200bpm, and had to go to the ER in an ambulance from my doctor's office. It has not repeated, thank goodness, and I had no side effects from this medication, which I take with Zestril (which I'd been taking for many years before)."

RCinNYC May 3, 2009

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Excellent treatment for high blood pressure. Been taking for over 15 years with excellent results."

Anonymous January 5, 2009

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate