User Reviews for Cartia XT

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Cartia XT.

High Blood Pressure
8.7

Not Listed / Other

10 reviews
Summary of Cartia XT reviews 8.7 15 reviews

Reviews for Cartia XT

For High Blood Pressure "I've been on Cardia XT for 1 year... Yes, pass the side affects please... Occasional dizziness, light headiness, some minor weight gain, but watching what I eat -- getting into the gym... GIVE UP THE SALT --- Processed foods are also sodium filled....The fatigue is awful on most days - I just have to get that nap in -- but preferably not in Atlanta traffic... but overall -- it definitely does it's job! blood pressure is excellent most days --- My blood pressure was 200/120 triggering A-FIB landed me in ER/Intensive Care last November for 4 days... YIKES!!!! This morning's pressure was 112/80... AMAZING!!!"

ladyjred November 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Flutter "I had a terrible reaction to Cartia XT's formulation of Cardizem, when my usual manufacturer, PAR who also makes Cardizem capsules, was not in stock at my pharmacy. So they substituted Cartia XT's formulation of Cardizem; I began having extreme racing, more than usual AF, and it continued to recur within about an hour after taking it each day. It was very alarming, because PAR manufacturer of Cardizem never gave me a bad reaction and I had been taking it for years. Pharmacists who try to tell you that all generics are the same but that is misleading. the main ingredient prescription drug must be the same as the brand; but the manufacturer can vary the remaining ingredients; and it is very difficult to find out what they are."

Jo Jose October 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "Took this medication to help my SVT. Made my heart skip beats and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Worst experience of my life. Never helped lower my heart rate. Lopressor never worked for me either."

Jackeh12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Taking the slow release, 120 mg version. I take it at night about 30 minutes before bedtime. Averts any dizziness since I am going to bed to sleep. BP has been good 125/80 generally. resting pulse of about 60. Thankfully I am optimal weight and I exercise 4 to 5 times weekly, mostly a 2 mile walk each time and about 50 situps. Drinking lots of water to stay hydrated. mild constipation so I eat a cup of yogurt at least every other day."

Bulldogjr March 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "occasional dizziness but drug works"

oldie but goody (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I am currently taking Cartia XT 120mg once a day, and it is a mixed bag for me. I am still experiencing an elevated HR multiple times per day, and very light headed all day long. I do not feel right at all. I have also tried metropolol and lisinipril, having the best results from the latter, but it did not address my HR."

Dante31 September 20, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Had high blood pressure episode of 200/120. A combination of acute stress, not enough exercise, pre-diabetic, dehydration, and not watching sodium intake. Moderately fit and no overweight. ER gave me metoprolol 100mg a day and developed an antagonistic/allergic reaction sending me back to the ER. Started on losartan 25mg for two days and BP didn't go down as expected. Stress test show normal everything except for borderline BP and rapid heart rate 112. Cardiologist put me in 120mg Cartia XT. Took a first dose last night, BP dropped 80/60 77 no symptoms, had water and feet up. Woke up with 100/70 82 laying down an 110/70 86 standing up. So far ringing of the ears, I hear my heart sounds and dry mouth. It's working so far. I will take it in the morning instead."

arito December 7, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I took Cartia XT 120 mg once a day for thousands of PACs and PSVT. Cartia is mild, with few side effects, but good results. I took (Teva brand) Diltiazem EX 120 mg and had problems. I found out when I took leftover Cartia's that the problem is the Teva brand doesn't work as well for me."

Tasha2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I really like this medicine. Take 180mg in the morning and one in evening. Really it is the right medicine for me. I am not tired at all, but make sure you take it everyday. I stopped for 2 days..felt really bad. I highly recommend this ...do not take any generics..pay the money for the real deal."

RdenicolaJR January 14, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I have had SVTs for about 18 years and was switched from Calan SR to this drug. I had no issues for about 4 years until recently when I was told that Cartia had been discontinued. Now I am on Diltiazem for 3 months and have already had 2 episodes in a month. I am going to try my hardest to get back on Cartia"

Anonymous December 29, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I was on Cartia XT when they discontinued it. It is the ONLY drug that works for me. There was no warning from CVS either. I went into fibrillation. The doctor put me on four different drugs after that of which none worked. One was too hard and large to swallow, one had food dye and I am allergic, and one made my head ring terribly. Another one is on the way but it is twice a day. Since I also have fibromyalgia, I have to be extra careful. "

photoqueen August 10, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I use Cartia XT for A-fibrillation. The only problem I ran into was using generics. CVS switched their provider and it did not work as well. 2 days of A-fibrillation and I went on the real deal. What a difference, everything is back to normal."

Anonymous July 7, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I have been taking Cartia XT for supraventricular tachycardia for about 5 years. This medication has completely controlled the racing heart that I used to get from time to time. I've had no side effects. A big bonus is that eating ice cream used to trigger the racing heart beat. Now I can eat ice cream."

Anonymous May 23, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Be prepared for a "mental health day". My first 240mg dose wiped me out for a full 24 hours. I was dizzy and just plain off. Sitting to standing was a crash and burn experiment. It passed quickly and since 2nd day was okay."

cflea April 23, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I am taking Cartia XT 240 MG for atrial fibrillation. It works and I have not noticed any other side effects other than being sleepy all of the morning. I take it at 6:30 am and usually could fall asleep without much prompting. However I'm not groggy and can concentrate fine. The heart is in rhythm and thats what counts."

chrislikesliving June 11, 2008