User Reviews for Cartia XT to treat High Blood Pressure

Cartia XT Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Cartia XT

Lakeguy978 · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2020

“What a nightmare! Ended up in ER with heavy PACs. Cardiologist put me on CartiaXT 120 MG. WHOA! I was living life as a race car. Now, I feel like I am still trying to run the race but in a 4 cylinder car rather than a race car. Exhausted. When I stand, I have to take a minute to allow my head to stop spinning and if I get up from squatting to garden or such...it feels like the lights are going to go out! Feel pressure in my chest and just plain weak. Seeing my PCP next week. I am coming off this. No way I am living life feeling like this!”

Nancy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 8, 2019

“I could smell a strong odor when I opened the container. It is very off putting. I have taken it awhile and my stomach is always upset. I think it does not agree with me.”

Rosine · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2019

“I have an irregular heart beat so my dr put me on Cartia XT240 MG (diltiazem). I started having a racing heart, uncontrollable shakes, heated face, felt like my face was going to burn off, couldn't get out of bed and went to the ER 3 times in a week. My kids finally looked up side effects to this drug and I had them all. It was awful. I finally got off of it onto the plain Diltiazem. It works a 100 times better without crazy side effects. I suggest u look up side effects b4 taking anything new. I know I will. I felt like I was dying.”

SJS · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 21, 2019

“I have been taking Cartia XT 180 (diltiazem) every other day for several years. It controls my BP and prevents SVT. There is a shortage (Aug 2019) so the pharmacy substituted Cardizem CD. Since then I have experienced episodes of rapid heart rate, increase in pitch and intensity of tinnitus and hot flashes. I just had my Thyroid levels tested today to see if my dose of synthroid is too high. (After EKG was normal). If it isn’t the Synthroid then it must be the Cardizem. Very frustrating - I don’t feel myself at all.”

Bob · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 2, 2019

“Take 180 once in morning and same at night - works for BP and heart beat . It’s a two and one drug for me .”

Nickie · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2018

“Started Cartia 120 mg xt (9th med for BP) racing heart felt like medium (lexiscan) used for Nuclear Stress test. Severe Headache, increased BP 191/123 feel like garbage, called Cardiologist wants me to continue on it! Ringing in ears won't stop. Heat pounding so hard chest hurts and severe headache. I am stopping it might as well be dead!”

Cassyroach91 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

“Taking 120 mg of cartia XT for weaning off of a beta blocker for blood pressure. Sent me into tachycardia which woke me up to going 165 beats per minute. Never in my life have I had a heart issue. As I'm taking this medicine it gives me skipped beats which are definitely uncomfortable and I have this sinus congestion that has lead to a annoying cough. I'm hoping I can wean off this medicine and not have to deal with a racing heart. Also experiencing heightened anxiety with this medicine.”

Cassyroach91 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2018

“Not really sure if this drug is for me. My blood pressure is still not normal and neither is my heart rate. It more likely raises it. Also occasional skipped beat feeling.”

ladyjred November 3, 2016

“I've been on Cardia XT for 1 year... Yes, pass the side affects please... Occasional dizziness, light headiness, some minor weight gain, but watching what I eat -- getting into the gym... GIVE UP THE SALT --- Processed foods are also sodium filled....The fatigue is awful on most days - I just have to get that nap in -- but preferably not in Atlanta traffic... but overall -- it definitely does it's job! blood pressure is excellent most days --- My blood pressure was 200/120 triggering A-FIB landed me in ER/Intensive Care last November for 4 days... YIKES!!!! This morning's pressure was 112/80... AMAZING!!!”

Bulldogjr March 24, 2016

“Taking the slow release, 120 mg version. I take it at night about 30 minutes before bedtime. Averts any dizziness since I am going to bed to sleep. BP has been good 125/80 generally. resting pulse of about 60. Thankfully I am optimal weight and I exercise 4 to 5 times weekly, mostly a 2 mile walk each time and about 50 situps. Drinking lots of water to stay hydrated. mild constipation so I eat a cup of yogurt at least every other day.”

oldie but goody · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2015

“occasional dizziness but drug works”

arito December 7, 2013

“Had high blood pressure episode of 200/120. A combination of acute stress, not enough exercise, pre-diabetic, dehydration, and not watching sodium intake. Moderately fit and no overweight. ER gave me metoprolol 100mg a day and developed an antagonistic/allergic reaction sending me back to the ER. Started on losartan 25mg for two days and BP didn't go down as expected. Stress test show normal everything except for borderline BP and rapid heart rate 112. Cardiologist put me in 120mg Cartia XT. Took a first dose last night, BP dropped 80/60 77 no symptoms, had water and feet up. Woke up with 100/70 82 laying down an 110/70 86 standing up. So far ringing of the ears, I hear my heart sounds and dry mouth. It's working so far. I will take it in the morning instead.”

cflea April 23, 2009

“Be prepared for a "mental health day". My first 240mg dose wiped me out for a full 24 hours. I was dizzy and just plain off. Sitting to standing was a crash and burn experiment. It passed quickly and since 2nd day was okay.”