User Reviews for Bisoprolol to treat High Blood Pressure

Bisoprolol has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 38 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 47% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Bisoprolol Rating Summary

6.6/10 average rating

Compare all 284 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Bisoprolol

BPdrugMadness · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 4, 2021

“After being on virtually every type of BP drug- or rejecting some immediately like diuretics- this bisoprolol is the only drug I can tolerate. No side effects other than not being able to stay up very late, numerous sleep wake ups thru the night, pretty bad ED and joint/muscle stiffness and arthritis in wrists. I know this med causes this stiffness/pain since I've went off it a few times and my body felt normal again. I deal with these side effects since they are easier to tolerate than headaches, rapid pulse, constipation/bloating that other types such as ACE, Calcium Channel and ARBs give me. Diuretics and Vasodilators even give me chills and insomnia! Thus Bisoprolol isn't perfect, but it's way more tolerable than most others.”

Mother · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 27, 2020

“Taken bisoprolol for about 10 years for HBP I was on 5mg to start but having side effects reduced to 2.5 still having side effects quite a few very bad sinus, mucus, fuzzy head, joint pain very tired also feeling I'm going to pass out generally not well on this meds anymore looking for answers does meds start rejecting the body when being on them for long time anyone else felt the same appreciate inputs thankyou”

Virz · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2020

“Wow...I have no words for how amazing bisoprolol is. I'm a 22 year old male with Severe Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Hypertension and Tachychardia. I was prescribed 2.5mg of Bisoprolol and it didn't bring any significant change to anything, my BP reading was always on 130-150/85-110 never lower than that and my heartbeat rate was always past 80. So I decided to up the dose to 5mg/day, I was shocked that my BP reading was 121/78 today (15 minutes after taking the 5mg dose). Not to mention that my anxiety was reduced too, following my slowed heartbeat rate. This drug is quite the lifesaver, also on another case if you experience any Panic Attack just gulp down 5mg of Bisoprolol and you will be fine and better in 30 minutes. This works so well for me.”

John · Taken for 10 years or more June 12, 2019

Zebeta (bisoprolol): “After experiencing induced hypertriglyceridemia with long term use of Tenormin (50mg/day), and finding metoprolol to be useless, I have been using bisoprolol (5mg/2x day) for more than 10 years with outstanding results. As a side effect (bonus), bisoprolol reduces triglyceride and LDL levels and increases HDL. As a person that has been dealing with hypertension for around 40 years, I strongly recommend bisoprolol as the beta blocker of choice.”

Khan · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

“I'm on Bisoprolol 2.5mg for last 3 weeks. It makes my heart rate between 40-50bpm and I have felt numerous side effects. Initially, the bp levels were normal but now it gets 150/100 during night. My GP has added Telmisartan 40mg with it. Hopefully it will work. Overall, I'm really tired of Bisoprolol. Bad experience.”

Lo December 29, 2019

“On bisoprolol at a dose of 2.5 mg and have side effect symptoms of extreme fatigue and 6lb weight gain.x 3 months. I have no anxiety and my blood pressure is great. Used to work out daily now maybe once a week. I don’t like the lethargic feeling .”

barrycard · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2021

“A dangerous drug. Its supposed to help with palpitations but actually gave me worse arrhythmias and breathlessness that led me to the ER. It also causes severe anxiety when trying to wean off it. Don't let your doctor prescribe you this rubbish as there are better alternatives out there.”

VVW October 19, 2019

“A doctor (whom I trust with my life) gave me this medicine under a different brand name (Concor in India) and foolishly, took this for almost 2 years without reading the chemical name Now, coming to present suffering from severe asthma like conditions, upper and lower respiratory tract infections, every morning is a nightmare until the symptoms go away. On Seretide puffers, nasal sprays to clear nasal congestions...add sugar to the mix owing to Seretide  *facepalm* Folks if a doctor ever says, benefit outweighs side effects seriously question them. ”

rinkly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 30, 2020

“Have been taking Bisoprolol 2.5mg for about a year. Blood pressure reduced - good. Tiredness and fatigue - not so good. Erectile disfunction - awful. Maybe I should stop taking Bisoprolol and live life to the full although unfortunately maybe not a good idea. So to this end it is effective for the treatment needed.”

Scruffy Money · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 6, 2021

“Had been taking Bisoprolol 5mg for several years, didn't notice any side effects, but late last year I fainted a couple of times, and then on several occasions my BP went over 200, after tests my medication was raised to 7.5, within a couple of days I had permanent cold hands and feet, loss of appetite, and mood swings, all on the possible side effects list.”

Lucy33 · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2015

“i didn't realize how sick I was until this drug started working. It's been a month now and my sleep has improved I am no longer being jerked awake....my heart doesn't feel like it's going to explode and my blood pressure is calmer and not throbbing in my neck and head. I'm so great full I could cry and kiss my Dr...”

Glad · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2019

“I was diagnosed with AFIB. My cardiologist prescribed xaralto 10mg and bisoproorol 2.5mg. My blood pressure was always low normal. My heart rate was fast 93 to 110. This bisoproprol caused many side effects for me . Incontinence, nightmares, rapid weight g (15 pounds))extraordinary fatgue,hair loss, finally to swollen ankles. After 5 months I decide to gradually reduce 1/2 pill to 1/8 to none. It took a full month to see results. I am back to normal. Thank goodness. It is not the drug for all people. I am currently on only xaralto and 250mg of magnesium with no AFIB symptoms and low to normal blood pressure and heart rate”

Anonymous March 14, 2008

“This medication has worked extremely well for me. My blood pressure which used to be a constant 145-150 over 100-105 within a week of use of this medication dropped to a constant 115/75. And that is a consistent measurement over several days. My heart rate which was always 85 -95 at rest is now 60-65. To be honest, I am shocked both the efficacy of this medication, and by my need for it.”

Sparrow April 9, 2020

“Started on 10 mg of Bisoprolol and felt great at first then after a few weeks I started feeling really tired and nauseous, my doctor has since halved it to 5mg . Not so tired but don’t feel a lot better and was wondering if 2.5 might work?”

Dipu · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2021

“Taking bisoprolol 2.5 mg since June 2018 after angioplasty. (along with clopidogrel, aspirin , metformin and lercanidipine.) Do workout more than 1 hour daily, morning and evening together. Stopped sugar altogether. Feel terribly tired, have issues with peaceful sleep, nocturia, and now serious ED, since recently. BP fluctuates, from 160/90 to 140/70. I feel another BP drug may be tried, I have to discuss seriously with my cardiologist during my next visit . Because of the side effects which affects the quality of life , I am not a fan of Bisoprolol”

Billy W · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2019

“Have been taking Bisoprolol 2.5mg for just over a month now. I’m extremely pleased with the way it’s lowered my blood pressure and pulse has reduced from 90-140 to 55-100. I did however, only after taking it for about 3 weeks, notice that I am getting an extremely dry mouth. Small price to pay though, I suppose.”

Bill · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

“Brought my blood pressure down from 170/110 to normal levels fairly quickly (under a week). However, started to notice side effects particularly fatigue, shortness of breath, weight gain and some loss of libido. Tried a 1/2 dosage for a week or so and symptoms dropped a little but not enough for my liking. Also, the blood pressure started to creep up with just a 1/2 dose. Although the drug was effective, I will probably seek an alternative med for my blood pressure.”

Cissy · Taken for 10 years or more April 29, 2019

“Caution--efficacy varies greatly depending on generic manufacturer. For 15 years I used MYLAN generic. It worked wonderfully at 5mg dose. Then pharmacy switched to Unichem manufacturer--my BP went to over 170/110. Certain it was the Unichem generic because I was able to return to MYLAN and BP reduced again. Also, to those with palpitations or Right Bundle Branch Block with PVCs your potassium levels may be low. My abnormal ECG completely cured with prescription potassium supplement. Also lowers BP and restores normal sinus rhythm from bradycardia (too slow). Look at your blood test results yourself and compare with normal ranges. Often Doctors only tell you if your results are very far out of range however, even slightly off can cause many symptoms. You are entitled to copies of medical records and good info is available on internet regarding normal ranges.”

Jayheartman February 20, 2021

“Not really sure how much this is helping me. Heart disease, STEMI heart attack...99% blockage 2 days on bathroom floor thought it was food poisoning but turned out way worse. Have moderate tissue damage and now have recurrent palpitations so trying to get it all squared away. Was on many different types of beta blockers, so many that my HR was low 30's”

sparklins · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2020

“I have been placed on bisoprolol 2.5mg, due to panic attacks and HBP. I have been on it for 3 weeks, it did a good job by lowering my irregular heart rate and the blood pressure have been a bit down but I noticed recently that my BP is getting back to 130/80. I need to see my cardiologist to see if I should increase to 5mg. I feel dizzy n sometimes can't concentrate fully.”

Wasmynumber · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2020

“Been taking 2.5mg bisoprolol for around 3 weeks. Previously was on Candesartan for many years but it probably contributed to renal function issues so trying these which hopefully will not affect my kidneys. So far, so good. No side effects and BP down to better levels (121/74 pulse 53) so maybe this is the one! Also tried at least 3 other types of medication but all gave me intolerable side effects (swollen ankles, urinary problems).”

TheRightMrsMetz · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 14, 2018

Zebeta (bisoprolol): “After 7 years of taking this medicine, it still works to reduce my blood pressure. If I go without it for 3 days or more, my heart gets sluggish, painful, and works too hard even if I am just sitting or laying down. It relieves most of the pain and the terrible headache”

Anonymous March 19, 2008

“I am pleasesd with the way bisoprolol has controlled my blood pressure and am enjoying the well being that I feel since my blood pressue is under control. Since I have a family history of heart problems on both sides”

Anonymous March 4, 2011

“So far I've noticed a major difference in my heart rate, which before at rest varied from 108-140, and now it varies from 70-105. As for my blood pressure before it used to be 135-160/90-111 and the lowest it's been so far is 132/87 so we are making improvement. I am a healthy active young 20 year old female so I really hope that my blood pressure is in the 115/70ish zone soon.”

Aryan · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2019

“Using this tablet for over 10 years due to irregular heart beat and blood pressure. A fantastic medicine which brought my blood pressure down to normal and fixed my heart beat to some extent I did not get any side effects ,may be a dry mouth but not certain. I have asked my doctor to reduce the dosage from 5 mg to 2.5 mg for past 6 month ,I feel great”