User Reviews for Bisoprolol to treat Supraventricular Tachycardia

Bisoprolol has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Supraventricular Tachycardia. 47% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 42% reported a negative effect.

Bisoprolol Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 73 medications used in the treatment of Supraventricular Tachycardia.

Reviews for Bisoprolol

Des · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2019

“I was originally prescribed Metoprolol and was experiencing serious side effects. My doctor took me off of it and didn’t prescribe anything to replace it. For a year I continued to suffer with the heart issues and became unable to function. I went into a clinic in active Atrial fibrillation and the clinic doctor prescribed Bisoprolol 5mg once a day and now I feel on top of the world! I am wondering if anyone else has used this medication for the same condition?”

Dani · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2021

“I got put on bisprolol 1.25mg after spending a night in hospital with a heart rate of 167 refusing to go down for 6-8 hours and then suffering nightly palpitations for days after which were waking me up. Placed on them whilst under investigation with tests. Whilst bisoprolol helped stopped the episodes for 4 months I didn't realise how ill they were making me. I've now been off them for 4 days with advice from my DR. I was planning to switch but do not need to ATM. Here's some of the side effects I was experiencing on the medication which have mostly gone away after stopping them, more symptoms appeared over time. Started with blurred vision, eyes became sore and swollen especially in mornings, eye twitching started in one eye, then second. Muscle twitches in hands and feet. Veins enlarging in hands. Waking up every morning feeling breathless and tightness on my chest. Brain fog. Could feel and hear my heartbeat even whilst low. Heart rate dropping below 60. Weight gain.”

Rochma · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2019

“I have been taking Bisoprolol 10 mg ( one per day) for 3 years now. I was suffering Tachycardia and was fainting regularly. At 70 years of age I go jogging and go to the gym once per week. I feel super fit and my personal trainer says I am fitter than many of his customers who are 30 years younger than me. No doubt I will just drop down dead one day ( Brexit will probably still be rumbling on ! ) but in the meantime > hallelujah !”

V J · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

“Previously was on amiodarone for a decade. Last month I underwent a 3D Mapping ablation and was switched on to bisoprolol 2.5mg. After a couple of days I started having issues. Higher production of mucus which led to a severe lung congestion, fatigue was also high, itching of skin which led to rashes and nausea. Never had this kind of side effects with amiodarone, metroprolol, sotalol or any other medicines.”

Barry812 · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 20, 2021

“I have been taking Bisoprolol 2.5mg tablets and Apixaban 2.5mg for several years with no real side effects. It has kept the sudden heartbeat levels that occurred previously under control very well. The only thing that I keep an eye on is the fact that I have a natural low pulse of around 50....so do not want the rate to drop lower. I Have been very pleased with the treatment.”

Swervy September 4, 2019

“Was put on this drug for high blood pressure two weeks later had AF had to have heart shocked, another few weeks had SVT now itching and as previous poster said bad eye twitching and facial tics as well as extreme tiredness, I'm stopping it”

Speed September 30, 2018

“Bisprolol 5mg has been amazing, changed my life, taking about 2-3 weeks to build up in your system. Beta blockers definitely reduce stress and how adrenaline impacts you. For example I can confidently talk in front of groups without anxiety, I also don’t have to spend as much time recovering from anxiety. I am generally more calmer overall and it’s helped me think much clearer. Beta2 blockers work by stopping adrenaline from working on the heart, which helps you feel calmer (reducing rate and contractility) So if your skeptical, like I was give it a try, I have no side effects although I do notice I don’t recover from exercise as fast. Which makes perfect sense, a small downside for various upsides.”

odading · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2017

“After hospitalized and diagnosed that I have SVT, I've been 30 days on Bisoprolol. During those 30 days I feel tired, feeling like want to take a deep breath and release it and at night when I am about go to sleep - once I lay my body on bed - I feel a strange in my chest. It's not SVT (heartbeat race). I can not describe it, but I know the feeling is never happen before I have Bisoprolol.”

AF62 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 22, 2020

“Started with atrial fibrillation aged 62. Prescribed metoprolol, and had weird side effects. Then severe aortic valve regurgitation, so had open heart surgery and new prosthetic valve. Left hospital on bisoprolol 5mg. Heart ejection fraction 18%. Following surgery, now walking at least 30 minutes, 7 days a week. Six months after hospital, bisoprolol increased to 10 mg daily. A year after surgery, HEF was at 60%. Fantastic.”

j shepherd June 7, 2014

“I was prescribed bisprolol fumarate 2.5mg and first 8 days no reaction then I got stomach pains then lips swelled up then felt throat restriction. I went to my doctor and asked if I could use lesser dose he said no I was allergic to it and it took that long for it to show. Now three weeks later I am just feeling it is going out of my system I have had lots of heart booms and feeling really off very frightening I would never take them again my heart was feeling really strange. I have phoned the consultant who prescribed them but to date no reply although I left message. I have never had these feelings before the tablets and the heart going every now and again like a deep beat was quite alarming seems to be quietening down now.”

Gaby · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2021

“I have just been diagnosed with Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation, after having violent palpitations. The hospital prescribed Bisoprolol 2.5. A week ago as my blood pressure was very high. I feel awful, depressed from the diagnoses, exhausted, breathless, dry mouth, nausea and my heart is heavy in my chest. Last night my heartbeats woke me up. They also prescribed apixaban blood thinners which I have not started after reading the dangerous side effects. My GP asked me to wait a few more days to see if my body adjusts. I hope it does as feeling like this is miserable”

Laura W Taylor · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2021

“I was put on 2.5mg of bisoprolol for episodes of SVT. It mostly calmed that down, but a gradually increasing side effect was allergic rhinitis. This started with a runny nose whilst exercising, and got steadily worse over a couple of months until I was sneezing constantly, the lining of my nose was red raw and swollen, and I had rivers of snot. It was incapacitating. I experimented with taking a double dose of the antihistamine cetirizine, which helped with the symptoms, but didn't know about the safety of taking the two combined, so rang the pharmacist, who advised me to ring the GP. After consultation, the GP has changed me onto atenolol. I haven't started it yet, but apparently bisoprolol is the only beta blocker that causes rhinitis, so am hoping it will be better than the bisoprolol.”

Anonymous December 7, 2010

“Bisoprolol was very helpful in reducing heart rate and blood pressure. Unfortunately, eye and facial itching as a side effect became overwhelming and unbearable. Hope to discontinue medicine and begin a replacement treatment soon.”

Napoleon · Taken for 10 years or more May 23, 2019

“I’m 72 and have been taking Ziac for over 20 years to control blood pressure and fluid retention. Last year I had a bout of SVT and was switched to Metoprolol. I quickly developed swollen calves & ankles and felt poorly. Went back on Ziac and am back to normal. So I’m all for Bisoprolol HCTZ generic Ziac. 2,5/6.5 each morning works just fine.”

heartty January 16, 2016

“My doctor prescribed me 5mg concor. When I started my 208-213 bpm heart rate drops to 70-100 bpm. And also said that if this wouldn't help to drop we can make catheter ablation operation. I also test to give up the pills for 2 days then it again start to beat at 180-200 bpm. So I am good with 1 pill 5mg for a day.”

CChopeful December 12, 2011

“Started on a half pill a day and it worked for about a week. Upped to a full pill after that but recently had the worst attack I've had in a long time. Glad to be seeing the cardiologist in a couple weeks. Going to try diet alterations instead.”

Cat60 June 13, 2013

Zebeta (bisoprolol): “Get out of breath easily without any exertion, tired and can fall asleep just sitting in a chair, swelling of feet and ankles.”

Tess · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 8, 2020

“Have used bisoprolol for four years. Have not had any SVT episodes since. Fabulous!”

Drox · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

“I don't like it. I feel tired and hazy, like I can't get a good roar going, you know? Like life is contained, sensation-wise. I don't feel very clear-headed.”

orli · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2020

“bisoprolol helped everything”

me50 September 22, 2009

“Medication is working well.”

Learn more about Supraventricular Tachycardia