User Reviews for Propranolol to treat Arrhythmia

Also known as: Inderal LA, Hemangeol, InnoPran XL Inderal XL

Propranolol has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Arrhythmia. 45% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Propranolol Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 183 medications used in the treatment of Arrhythmia.

Reviews for Propranolol

danicali June 12, 2021

“Have been taking 120mg propranolol a day for over a year now. Was prescribed because my heart palpitations suddenly got much much worse, out of the blue, to the point I couldn't function. Propranolol has calmed the horrible, constant palpitations, however I still get flutters fairly regularly, although on a bad day I can have them off and on all day. But it's definitely improved the palps, just hasn't wiped them out completely. But overall, propranolol does help calm the heart flutters. Side effects I've noticed? not sure. But I seem to tolerate propranolol better than I did Metroprolol, which made me feel nauseous. Propranolol doesn't do this to me. So if you're like me and you're reading up on here because you're a big baby afraid to take a new med, please don't worry about this one unless you already have low blood pressure as the drug can lower your blood pressure. But apart from that, imo, you'll be okay.”

Alex too August 22, 2017

“I had PTSD and arrhythmia and years of seeing psychologists, antidepressants, sedatives, even valproic acid, nothing did much of anything good and the side effects didn't outweigh the minimal improvement (improvement being sedation), when I tried propranolol I wasn't expecting much. I took my first tablet and forgot about it, it kicked in on the train and the effect was profound. For the first time I became aware of how much tension I'd been holding in my muscles, how I'd continuously scan for the possibility of threat, I had no idea I'd been doing this only that I'd felt on edge. I felt like I'd been holding my breath for years and had just been allowed to exhale, nothing else worked for me and I was at the end of my rope, propranolol was a life saver.”

Jay · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2019

“Took propranolol just before Xmas, was just getting the odd palpations, I'm 70 and not on any medications at all, and generally quite fit. My doctor put me on then as he said my pulse was quite fast, 80mg one tab in the morning and one tab night. First tablet OK. But after that never felt so ill, my heart was racing.. Felt no energy tired.. Sick.. Couldn't eat.. I was on them for 17 days, ended up in A&E twice ambulance the lot. Blood pressure hit the roof.. pulse was out of control. And when I came off them I went worse. It is now early March 2019 and I'm just about getting back to normal. Prior to taking them I had low blood pressure. Now it just goes up and down through taking them. Rue the day I was ever given them. Maybe not everyone reacts the same to them and they do a lot of people good.. But not for me.”

Jane Coe · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2017

“I have been taking propranolol for about a year and my muscles are very weak, esp. knees/legs. I stay in bed with extreme fatigue several days a week. My vision is blurry most of the time. I don't find enjoyment in things I used to love, and I stay home most of the time. Could these side effects be caused by the propranolol? They are getting worse . I also have some memory confusion and occasional irritability. These side effects are quite debilitating.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2020

“Works well with keeping my pvc's at a minimum. And I don't get near as many migraines or headaches. Currently taking 20-30mg a day. Hopefully won't have to take it forever. My anxiety had increased tremendously, so my cardiologist decided to put me on this one. It has been about 3 months. Although I don't care for the side effects of being moody, I'd still say the good outweighs the bad.”

Me1 June 22, 2018

“Propanolol saved my life having hyperactive Thyroid after pregnancy. My heart is beating fast every morning if I do not take it I feel like I will die. Once I take it I feel perfect. I take 10mg a day for a year now. I hate being dependent on pills but this pill keeps me alive.”

ms. evie February 19, 2014

“Tried other meds for arrhythmia but all had side effects I couldn't deal with. This one was most tolerable although it causes some fatigue and dizziness at times which are issues I already deal with-Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I try to take it at night or at a time when I can rest after taking it if I need to.”

Changed my life June 15, 2011

“I started taking this several months ago and aside from the partial loss in some sexual stimulation, some itchiness/shaky/light-headedness - this has restored my life. I was a bundle of problems before with a very erratic heart beat, stress off the charts and other depressive symptoms. A BIG thank you to my doctor and anyone that put up with me before propranolol. HIGHLY recommend it.”

Candace in SC April 7, 2009

“Controls A-fibrillation but be careful about it dropping blood sugar. I felt extremely jittery, anxious, disoriented, and numbness in the hands and feet on a relatively small dose of Propranolol (20mg three times daily).”

NOOO94 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 21, 2017

“Worse medication ever! The doc prescribed me it for my tremor and migraines which it did help with. However it gave me awful chest pain and tightness, abdominal pain, constipation, and made my arrhythmia way worse”

MEBT November 10, 2011

Inderal (propranolol): “I have been taking Inderal since I was in my early 30's, 29 years ago. No problems whatsoever and it controls my premature ventricular contractions.”

Erick1521 · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2021

“This is making my heart rate drop into the 50’s but I’m giving it more time to work”

Philologus December 24, 2009

Inderal (propranolol): “For me, a side effect of hand trembling was so extreme I had to quit taking it. ”

Learn more about Arrhythmia