User Reviews for Propranolol (Page 4)

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 590 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Propranolol

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol truly has changed my professional life. For the last few years during presentations my heart would beat so fast I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack, during the presentation my voice would shake so bad it would sound like I was about to cry, and I would not even be able to focus on what I was talking about. I take 40 mg of Propranolol about 1 hr before presenting. So far I have used it for two major presentations and one interview and it was worked wonderfully. You definitely still feel the nerves the day leading up to the presentation, all those physical symptoms are gone and I feel so comfortable I can even improvise and think on the spot, something i could never dream of doing before."

jax1668 November 16, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug is a miracle. I presented a presentation today for 30 minutes, and I didn't shake or turn red....as I normally flight or fight myself off the stage. But today, flawless. I felt so confident afterwards. I know this drug only masks the physical symptoms and not the underlying issue but for now, it'll do."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: "Migraines started at age 50. Just about every day at 3PM. They were severe, but only lasted 2 - 3 hours. My eye area, cheek and ear were always sensitive to touch. Inderol was a life saver. 10mg twice a day. Sometimes I would feel slight pain behind my eye, but never needed pain reliever. The nightmares were something else, 3 -4 times a month. I was actually afraid I would give my husband a heart attack when I would wake up screaming and thrashing at night. When I hadn't felt that pain behind my eye for about a year, I gradually went off Inderol (around 60 yrs old)."

Cait 28 November 13, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Isopropranolol is magic. Im a senior biochemistry student (straight As). One problem: during presentations,I shake I blush i have this huge blank in my head and don't even remember what i'm talking about. On the day of the presentation I was nervous all throughout the day heart was pumping loud and fast. I took one pill around an hour before the presentation. I did feel light headed the first 30 mins but it was a nice feeling. My heart kept pumping loudly, but at a very slow rate, which i guess is what this pill does. My presentation went so smoothly and i was calm and able to offer a solid explanation for 25 minutes. Everybody loved it and i was so calm and confident! The pill is magic.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I started taking this prescription Medication since August, to control what I call "Blushing Attacks",in which seem to transpire out of nowhere during a conversation, and quickly snowball until the situation becomes so awkward I have to leave the room quickly as I am sweating quite badly. Although I normally take the lowest dose, (10 mg) as when I feel going into a stressful situation, it has allievated my symptoms 90% of the time. Today I had a mild "Blushing Attack" after taking my 10 mg tablet, but it basically stopped what would have been a severe one two thirds in its tracks. On that note, with the advice from My doctor I may take a 20mg tablet next time I feel particularly stressed, and just 10mg in just everyday situations. 9/10."

David F. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "i have always been scared of public speaking. I usually experience sweaty hands, flushed face, and worst of all a shaky voice. I'm in my first year of college and had a presentation assigned. I was nervous for months before the day I had to present. a week before the presentation, I talked to my doctor and was prescribed 20mg. I took one an hour before my presentation. I still felt nervous leading up to the presentation and even when I was up front. but once I started speaking, I realized my voice wasn't shaking despite how nervous i felt! I couldn't believe it, I could speak normally through the whole thing. I still experienced sweaty hands, but that doesn't really bother me anyway."

relieved student November 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "OMG I've always had bad luck with speaking in in front of groups.... i always stutter and have trouble getting my words out. I tried this medication for my university presentation, and omg i walked up to the stage AND I WASNT FEELING LIKE MY HEART WAS GONNA BOUNCE OUT OF MY CHEST. My heart was at its normal paste paced (slowest) and i was as cool as a cucumber! I talked fluently! and professionally. I didn't talk too fast due nervousness nor did i stutter. I didn't have high hopes for this medication but i was so wrong! THIS DRUG IS A LIFE SAVER. I took 40 mg 40 mins before my presentation. IF you stutter due to nervousness, PLS TRY THIS."

LifeHasChanged November 5, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Like everyone else I found this an absolute life saver as really struggled with presentations and just day to day work meetings. However I've been taking this for 2 years and recently my symptoms have started to return, even with extremely strong dosages. Has anyone else had the issue where your body becomes immune to this drug? Many thanks in advance"

Donnie b November 4, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been suffering from prolonged, frequent, debilitating & painful migraines. Having to endure constant & intense pain affected my quality of life. I was given Proplanolol 40mg by my GP to try. Since then I never looked back. First, my migraines decreased in frequency (at first it felt strange not to be in pain - that's how used to I was to my migraines). Second, when migraine would start, Proplanolol would stop it from developing into an attack. So, for me, it works as a preventer and painkiller (since I started on Proplanolol, I haven't had any overthecounter painkillers). In terms of side effects, occasional diarrhea, which is a small price to pay for a sig reduction in the frequency and intensity of my migraines."

TSADA2016 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Was suffering from crippling anxiety with panic attacks. I had one whilst driving which forced me to address the issue and see my doctor. Within three days of taking Propranalol, I feel better that the usual me before the panic attacks and anxiety. What a wonderful thing. No side effects apart from I had one glass of wine with supper and felt as if I had had ten!"

KTFF November 4, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I am a college student and I have panic disorder. This medication has gotten me through so much; whether that be class presentations, job interviews, and taking exams. This medication works to slow my heart rate down so whenever I am in an anxiety-provoking situation, I will not get the fight-or-flight symptoms like shakes, fast heartbeat, stuttering, and most importantly panic attacks. This pill will not cure your nervousness or worry, but it sure as hell will take away the symptoms caused by such. I hate going up in front of people to speak, but with this drug I am so calm that no one even knows that I was ever nervous."

michael230 November 3, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "My review is much like everyone else's. In 7th grade, I had my first bad experience speaking in front of the class and my heart started pounding and I couldn't breathe and someone else had to finish what I was reading. I struggled with this all throughout high school and in college I actually dropped a class, then eventually transferred colleges to avoid taking a public speaking course. Sadly, I did not know about this medication. Now, I am A graduate student. I have done 4 speeches since June, all with Propanolol varied from 55-60mg staggered 3 hours until 20-30 mins before my speech. It's a miracle guys. For real. I feel like I can live again. I still worry maybe it won't work and when the time comes it works amazingly. No symptoms!!!"

Wanttosucceed (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "I'm a c-level exec for a mid-sized health system. Got to this position in life because I work hard and am smart. What I'm not good at, is public speaking. I would get so nervous before public speaking situations that I would want to run. I faced them all head-on but certainly experienced some humiliation and embarrassment. Been taking 30-40 mg of Propranolol for about a year as needed...probably 6-7 times in the past year. The med truly has given me the relief needed and made these presentations and even certain social situations almost enjoyable. I'm not sure why this medicine isn't recommended more other than it works so well that that psychotropic meds may not be needed."

'Bouttime (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "Had migraines for 7 years. Take Fioricet for pain, which works well, but I wanted to try prevention. My doctor had already tried Gabapentin and Sumatriptan, both of which did nothing for migraines and had side effects. Then Propranolol. The side effects were: Feeling sluggish and tired all the time. I have a regular diet and exercise routine that I follow, and it did not affect my eating habits, but it did make me not want to exercise because of how sluggish I felt. I forced myself to anyway, which is why I didn't gain weight on the drug, but gaining weight would have been easy. At night, my heartbeat felt like it was chugging on a milkshake, which made me anxious. It did nothing for my migraines, so I stopped after a couple months."

Berander (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I take 10mg as needed for anxiety. It works better than any other medication & it's nonadditive."

Shining Star (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Pounding heart in any and all public speaking situations and performances. Beta Blockers taken about 2-hours prior alleviate 100% of symptoms. Maybe I'm still nervous, but without the associated physical symptoms, who cares. It works, no side affects, and only taken when I need them. Also tried every other drug or therapy with no or little success."

Cool Cat K (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Thanks to all the reviews on this site I went out and got a propranolol prescription. Have always had crushing anxiety any time I felt I was being evaluated. Shaky voice, unable to breathe or speak freely, the works. Had to present my work to 8 executives of a major potential client today, to do with a contract that could turn into millions of dollars for our little company. No pressure. Have been dreading it for weeks. Took 60mg an hour before. It's strange because the usual internal panic I've become so accustomed to just never came. I could have been chatting to my mum, I was that relaxed. It went so well that afterward, when on my own, I nearly cried out of sheer elation that I had found a solution. 31 yr old male"

ThereIsNoSpoon (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "I was prescribed these only today (40mg) along with sertraline (50mg) my my anxiety which has become severe. I'm a third year student required to carry out a number of presentations on my course but previously was so anxious and would break down that I couldn't do them in front of anyone and had to pre-record. I have a presentation due in November and one in December and I have to say after reading everyone's comments I realise I'm not alone and feel so much more confident and am determined to do the presentations face-to-face. "

Ashton emery October 20, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "I had pretty severe performance anxiety literally since primary school. This held me back my whole adult life as I did not pursue opportunities for fear of drawing attention to myself, being put on the spot and required to speak. How amazing that I can write this in past tense now!!! After being utterly sick of my anxiety affecting my life like this, and in preparation for a talk I'd dreaded for 5 months, I got propranolol 40mg from my doctor. Propranolol was massively effective for me - NO blotchy red upper body, heart pounding, stomach cramps, sweating, gasping breath and voice tremors!! How liberating to speak and be myself without my body/adrenaline sabotaging me! I actually enjoyed giving my talk and felt calm throughout. Thrilled!"

Finally fluent (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol has been truly life changing for me. If you struggle dearly with public speaking anxiety, please go seek out medical advice and get a script for propranolol. All of the debilitating side effects which have held me back for years have vanished. I can even remember switching out of a class during my undergraduate degree because it required a presentation (and following this up with a lie to my friends as to why I switched classes). I'm an outgoing person, but for some reason I've always struggled with the publics perception of me. I like to take two doses, one about 90 minutes, and another 60 minutes before my speech (usually 10-20mg each dose). This medication has been nothing short of a MIRACLE!"

FreeAgain88 October 15, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I started to have severe anxiety and panic attacks after a car accident. This drug did wonders! Before the accident when my anxiety was small I took 20mg whenever I felt anxious and it made me feel amazing! No anxiety whatsoever! After the car accident my doctor up the dose to 60mg every day because I was panicking a lot!.... Now that I'm calmer I take 10mg once a day. This drug really makes a difference!! For the better! I shake when I'm super anxious and it also makes you super steady. I felt very confident! It mainly works for physical anxiety symptoms, if I still am panicking mentally after I take the propranolol then I'll take half of a 0.5 Ativan to help...but Its an amazing drug! Try it! I'm terrified of meds but this one is amazing!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Lord have mercy! I never expected that a drug could have a life changing impact on my life. I have struggled with social anxiety all my life and have usually avoided any situation that would require me speaking, even amongst friends. Recently my job requires me to make presentations all over the country. This should be good news to any normal person right? WRONG! Its been a nightmare for me and I've even contemplated resigning.I was desperate and turned to google and my destiny to stumble upon propranolol. I read all the reviews yesterday and immediately got a prescription from my doc. I went into my presentation this morning feeling confident but a little cautious and It was flawless; no increased heart no difficulty breathing.Thank you Prop!!!"

Isk (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I have to say this medication changed my life! I kept having these chronic migraines with symptoms of a stroke. no feeling in my limbs cant see cant hear throwing up passing out and they were relentless and left me in the er 24/7. I passed out on someone on a bus and woke up unable to speak my name in an ambulence. I began taking this med and the original effect was low blood pressure tired a lot and it made me quit taking it. i noticed my symptoms return shortly after quitting on it. So i tried taking one whole 20mg tablet during an attack and i couldnt believe it my vision returned and the attack ended early. I have taken it 4-5 times daily ever since and it saved my life. haven't had a single attack in years!"

Sharon Appelbaum October 8, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I am nearly 60 & have had migraines for nearly 30 yrs. Usually, I might have 1 a month or so- & if I did not catch it in time- the migraines could last 3 days. I usually take Maxalt MLT (10mg) that tastes horrible but takes the edge off. (I am a light weight with meds & have bad reactions + weigh only about 100 lbs). In just the last few months- my migraines have changed from being centered around the tops of my eyebrows/sides of nose or behind my head to being ultra painful, even to the touch, at my temple. No aura/ flashing lights. I've had all sorts of tests/trips to the ER to get a cocktail in the butt of Topordol/ Zofran. Migraines had been occuring almost daily. Started Propranolol- having vivid dreams but no migraine, yet!"

Pony girl 2 (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol (inderal) has been a life saver for me. As I progressed in my career I had to present to groups (20 to 100 people) on a much more regular basis. I'm a confident professional, however my adrenaline reactions when presenting would cause me to shake and have shallow breathing. I'd feel like I could barely talk and would want to run out of the room. I also felt like I was about to burst into tears. Most unlike me. With Inderal I'd just take 40mg 90 mins before presenting and all physical symptoms of anxiety are gone! This drug is unbelievable. I recently presented to 500+ people at a major conference and while my mind was freaking out, I didn't have any physical symptoms of anxiety. An absolute miracle game changer for me."

Alejandro79 October 1, 2016