User Reviews for Propranolol (Page 4)

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 640 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Propranolol

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been on this medication for about two weeks and take it for chronic migraines along with 600mg Gabapentin and 100mg Trokendi. My Propanolol dose is 40mg, 2x daily. 1 tablet w/breakfast and 1 w/lunch. I take it this way to help prevent and lessen the nightmares. They're slowly getting better and really, aren't anything compared to chronic migraines. I saw some people had awful side effects. I suggest Gabapentin. Even at a low dose of 600mg, it seriously helps. It helps with pain during an attack too. So, think about Gabapentin, it might be worth giving a try."

OodlesOPoodles (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "Okay, so basically: my psychiatrist prescribed this as a way of managing my situational/social anxiety. He said its ability to lower the sympathetic nervous system response would help. Indeed it did. BUT EVEN BETTER: I have had ocular migraines with auras and the works for the last several years. I thought they were infrequent, but because they mostly affect my neck and eyes I have a hard time telling. I didn't realize this drug could be used for migraine treatment, but I took it for anxiety and suddenly realized that, for the first time in quite a while, my head didn't vaguely hurt. I think I may have been experiencing some semi-chronic moderate ocular migraines without realizing it, and this took the worst of it away! I'm tickled."

Forvanta March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: "March 22, 2017 - I took Inderal Oct - Dec 2016 for hand tremors (never helped). I was prescribed 40mg but 1 month later complained of side effects & was prescribed 10mg. While I was on it, I experienced major fatigue (esp. w/ the higher dosage), I was constantly freezing, I just was not myself. Idk when the short term memory loss started, but it is HORRIBLE, & while taking Inderal on the lower dosage, I experienced an episode of what I think was acute psychosis. I read that acute psychosis & short term memory loss could be temporary or for ever. I'm very scared. I want my memory back, & I'm afraid for my life & others' lives."

Mandy Vicknair (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Essential Tremor: "On Zonegran now, looking forward to trying Propranolol."

Rick Eldritch March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol is so amazing. I used to have really bad panic attacks before presentations in college and now I take this medicine an hour before I present and turn into another person. I no longer tremble, my heart no longer pounds like crazy and I can talk normal and be completely comfortable in front of a big lecture hall. It honestly works so well."

Anonymous March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Essential Tremor: "I had been on 20mg generic propranolol for 15 years. When I went to fill my prescription for 2015, I was told my generic propranolol was discontinued. I had to buy a new generic p, at 10 times the price. The new generic was not working to lower blood pressure. My doctor said I needed to take 60mg. When I got my dose up to 40mg, I then noticed my blood pressure was starting to come down some. At 40mg I developed whole body shaking that continued in all waking hours. Every time I either reduce my dose to 15mg or stop taking it, the whole body tremor stops. My last doctor says it is not the propranolol, that it is my thyroid meds. I have been on same thyroid meds since 2012 and never got this shaking prior to this new generic propranolol."

Rocky from WI March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "My anxiety is out of control I will panic over anything Hate taking medication was on serterline but felt very sleepy and out of it Now Doc gave me propranolol have taken one a few days ago and felt better but afraid to take another My heartbeat is going crazy and I have high blood pressure also a hernia And lots of stomach pains Also I get this weird dizzy feelings in my head , although never fainted Had a few heart tests but been told anxiety It's hard to believe as I feel dreadful and I don't sleep much "

Ghghgh (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "Absolutely great. I used to have shaky voice, no independent thought, facial twitching...I used to have to have down a couple shots of vodka to make it through a 5 minute presentation. Now, take 40mg 2 hours out, another 20mg one hour from show time, and it is like magic. I am engaging, comfortable, able to make eye contact, and even improvise on the fly. My presentations end with a committee firing questions in rapid succession, propranolol has provided the ability to take them all in stride. Nothing substitutes for adequate preparation and this will not make you shine if you don't know what you are talking about, but it is a godsend when you know your stuff yet so uncomfortable your delivery SUCKS. Wish I discovered sooner!!"

Snakle76 March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "What an amazing feeling it is to be able to speak in front of your peers without issue. I took 45mg over the course of 3 hours before my presentation and it worked without question. Trust me, I was sceptical if it would work or not and boy did it deliver! I'm a big guy and 45 mg was more than enough."

MattGats1986 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "anon3984934 I am not sure how to respond to your direct post but depakote made me really really sick. It also gave me night terrors to the point where I was scared to go to bed. It would also make me pass gas but made me unaware it was happening until I could smell something awful. I would stay away from it."

0307 March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "My fear of public speaking has affected my professional life. I consciously and unconsciously avoid jobs that will put me in the spotlight. When I do get trapped into public speaking it's been devastating. Underlying panic for weeks, months ahead of time. Ruins your life. Severe panic leading up to the events. And the actual events have not gone well and have been humiliating. As a professional it makes you feel very small. I want to hide under a rock and just cry. I still get a bit nervous leading up to the event. Practice sessions are still very bad and I'm sure I'll bomb. But with the medicIne I'm nervous but calm when the time comes. And I can speak like a human. And THINK while I'm speaking if I need to. So glad I found this."

Jimbo222 March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Started on 10mg daily for anxiety after I didn't want to take Lexapro and Valium anymore. It completely stopped my nervous palpitations. However, my bp on a check up was 170/90. My propranolol /inderal dose was upped to 20mg twice a day. Had several side effects. It did lower my bp and heart rate but took 10 days to start. Had some systolic dips to 47! My side effects were so bothersome I went back to Dr. 3 weeks later. Side effects were icy cold hands, very bad dizziness when my head was down or turned, a weird (like restless leg syndrome ) shaky feeling in my spine. Down my arms, legs and in my head. I would wake up wide awake at 3am. Anyway my bp in the office was 160/82! Now I'm trying lisinopril and only 10mg propranolol."

Drugsdotcompropanolol March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have a one year old child, I work 4 days a week, I'm buying my first house and my dad passed away. I'm the only family my dad had so I had a huge responsibility to sort. I coped as well as I could have until the third week where it hit me. Traumatic stress. I went back to work, my jobs intense and socially demanding (sales). I couldn't cope or continue to live with how I felt. The doctor gave me these tablets as well as antidepressants and I feel the worlds weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am free to function normally and get through each day now. However I do feel the tablets wear off and the anxiety creeps in. Perfect quick fix but the underlying issue is still there. However, I don't have to deal with that right now!"

Charlottegfdcbj February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was diagnosed with hypothyroidsm and extremely low levels of vitamin b12 which were wreaking all kinds of havoc in my body, so my doctor prescribed me Propranolol for high blood pressure and rapid pulse/palpitations, and it did really work for both problems, helped a little with my anxiety too, but I quit it after ten weeks because I was so drowsy all day long, I also started breaking out pretty bad in the face, scalp and hairline, not sure if it's related to Propral, but at least the fatigue and general "depressive mood" subsided instantly when I stopped taking it."

hypoKaitlin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I am a 44 year old female that as dealt with fear of public speaking all my life. I've recently joined an organization where the ability to public speak is a career necessity. I've tried taking Xanax during public speaking engagements. While it would calm me down slightly, it wasn't able to control the adrenaline-induced autonomic responses such as shaky voice. Today I took 80mg of propranolol spaced between 90 minutes to 30 minutes before my presentation and 2 0.5 mg doses of Alprazolam in that 90 minute to 30 minute window before my presentation. I was nervous entering the presentation. As soon as I spoke, no sign of anxiety or shaky voice evident. I was joking and very natural on stage. I am so grateful for these drugs."

genmod (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "This medicine really works. As I commented below, I have struggled with panic attacks/anxiety, that sometimes sets in when I am about to start presenting/speak in front of many people, for 25 years (I am now 43). The strange thing is that sometimes it does not happen. I can't control under which presentation the body launches the full attack. Today I had another presentation for 35 people. I prepared very well. Took 60 mg propranolol 1 hour before. I had no heart racing, none of my usual shaky voice, no choking, etc. The med blocks it actually. It WORKS. I can present calm as a normal person. I also noticed that I have almost no anxiety in the days before presentations compared to before when I didn't used propranolol as I know I'm going to be fine I'm now not anxious"

Gabriel12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I have suffered with severe headache and migraine since being a child. About 6 years ago I was put on propranolol a low dose which didn't help, it was then increased and still I noticed no change. Over the years I have tried all sorts of medication but non that seem to keep the headaches at bay permanently. I was back at the Dr a month ago and was put back on propranolol 40mg 3x daily. Since taking it this time my headaches have been worse, I am now about 16 days in to a permanent headache, sometimes its just a 1 on the pain scale and sometimes a 10 but its always there. Does anyone know of any others I can ask to try, propranolol seems to be the thing they relying on but as it may work for other people it isn't for me :("

Megzymooshka February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Performance Anxiety: "I have always been anxious at public speaking, I was recently asked by a close friend to speak at his mothers funeral, I couldn't refuse but as the time came closer the anxiety was unbearable and I knew I couldn't go through with it without major panic and possible failure. I read public speaking tips and stumbled across reviews of medication. I went to see the doctor and asked about propranolol. He said I could try it and prescribed 10mg and advised me to try it to get the feeling and take up to a max of 40mg 2hrs before the funeral. I am so glad I did, this stuff is amazing, I only needed 20mg and it made me so calm, I was still nervous but only perhaps 4/10 instead of 10/10. I got through the speech without a problem and am so pleased."

J Ox February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Golly I am disappointed. I tried this for my anxiety because it was getting out of control. I could not extend conversations beyond a minute or so without getting all flustered. Could not think, started to sweat, heart beat faster, tightness in my chest, hands tingle, could not breathe. None of those are fun things! Even basic day to day stuff like getting a haircut would freak me out enough to avoid. My hair looks terrible now! So my Psychologist and MD recommended this drug. He, the MD, told me he took it himself for public speaking . "Take one 10 mg tablet and a feeling of calm washes over me." Unfortunately I have been taking it three days now, two 10 mg pills three times a day, and I feel absolutely nothing."

Used to be very outgoing. February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I was on just 20 mg for a week, I didn't really notice anything. I think I had some mild side effects nothing too serious. Then I had the worst migraine I have ever had in my whole life. I decided to go up to 40 mg and so far I haven't really noticed anything still. I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if it makes a difference. My neurologist said I could try Depakene (valproic acid) but I'm too scared. Can someone please advice?"

anon3984934 February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "Hi my son was suffering from chronic debilitating migraines with aura, sometimes lasting all night. We tried Amitriptaline which didn't do a thing and Topiramate that had such horrendous side effects, they were worse than the migraines. He had an MRI which fortunately was clear and out last hope was Propranalol. Now I read this is good for vascular migraine, and this is what he has, he hears a pulsing in his ear. He started on 20mg three times a day and the first few days we didn't notice a difference. I upped it to 40mg as the pharmacist said it was a low dose for migraine prevention, but this knocked him out and he seemed quiet and sedated. So we went back to 20 mg, divided doses...low and behold, a week later he is nearly migraine free"

Suzycube (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I got diagnosed with general anxiety discorder at 26 after I had surgery which went wrong. I had a diagnostic procedure on my womb and they punctured my bladder 3 times and I got left with a catheter. I'm a director of a business and am often having to present and do talks to very high profile people I started to lose my confidence and started getting panic attacks which I couldn't control and make worse. I've tried everything possible and then went on to propranolol only 10mg to take as and when I feel anxious, I've been taking one in the morning as I wake up anxious and usually that lasts all day, sometimes I take one in the afternoon if I feel I need it. Its changed my life and I now have my confidence back"

Sophie P February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I'm terrified of medication.... Basically a phobia, I have severe panic attacks.... If your like me... Try this drug! Made me confident around anyone! Amazing drug for anyone with social anxiety or panic attacks! It helps me in every single aspect of my life. Work, relationships, in every way I was more confident and basically the person I always wanted to be. Confident! No anxiety holding me back! Still terrified of trying new medications but this is one drug I'm so glad I took... And I still take when I feel like I need it. Oh and best part... I have no side effects! At all. I'm the type of person who will panic over even a small side effect and stop taking a medication because of it.... But with this medicine I feel amazing."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Put on propranol for anxiety 80 mg three times daily. I thought this was a high dose but haven't had a true panic attack since. I still get mild anxiety but it's nothing like before. Helped me to wean off clonazepam so I would say it's been helpful."

Buck 58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I was prescribed propranalol for two reasons: cough & anxiety. I had been on metoprolol for at least 15 years for high blood pressure. This new med is a win-win-win for me since it has helped my chronic cough PLUS it does a better job for my hypertension PLUS it has reduced my anxiety level. I have tried almost everything available for anxiety, most of which are highly addictive (benzos) or have a great number of side effects (SSRI's). I will rate this again after I've been on the med for 5-6 months. "

zionfrost January 27, 2017