User Reviews for Propranolol (Page 4)

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 120 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 444 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Propranolol

For Anxiety: "I have just started on 10mg inderal a day thank god and my Dr and for the med I'm hospitalized with fx hip started having terrible hot flashes shaking and crying couldn't stop until they started me on inderal couldn't belive how they stopped and how my mind cleared up thank you"

Venusblue March 5, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Wow. This saved me. I'm an entrepreneur who has been kind of avoiding public speaking for a while. I had to present at a conference today - which usually would mean my heart beating out of my chest, shaking hands and voice. Not today. I killed the presentation because of propanolol - I was cool as a cucumber and my heart was nice and slow. I'm excited for my next opportunity to present now. I took 10mg about 2 hours before, then 10mg 1 hour before, and another 10mg 15min before. I probably didn't need that much - but I really wanted it to work. Next time I'll probably only take 10mg 2 hours then 10mg 1hour before."

Entrepreneur (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I basically had a f@$"ing nervous break down in front of a client today while giving a presentation. I'm an expert in my field, and work for the largest consulting company in the world... I've always had public speaking anxiety and would avoid it at all costs. I was so humiliated. I was with 3 colleagues and 1 person from the clients side. It was a relaxed sit down meeting with chairs huddled around the clients desk and only 8 pages in a ppt. As soon as I opened my mouth my face visibly changed and I had this overwhelming feeling of busting into tears. It kept happening over and over. It makes me so angry. I don't know why it's happening. A friend told me today about this medicine. I'd never heard of it before. I'm calling my Dr tomorrow."

David$65 March 2, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I'm a sophomore in college and I have avoided presentations since my first semester as a freshman. I have came up with the most ridiculous excuses as to why I wouldn't be able to present. Finally I started talking to a doctor about medicine for my anxiety during presentations and he prescribed me propranolol. Let me tell you, before this is would have panic attacks from being called on in class or even introducing myself. I took 5 10 mg pills yesterday for my presentation in front of 30 people and this pill is an absolute miracle! I wasn't nervous, my voice came out clear and no stuttering whatsoever, my hands weren't shaking, and I felt in complete control. It was exhilarating! I could have talked all day if I needed to."

pris123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I took 1 and a quarter of a 10mg Propranolol an hour before my speech and gave a 1.5 hour speech with no issues. I'm 5' 1" 125lbs. I normally have a high heart rate, sweat and have trouble breathing during speeches or interviews. This is a miracle drug that eliminated my performance anxiety. I will definitely start taking this before any presentations in the future."

MelissaWoo February 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "Was prescribed for anxiety and fast heart beat a few months ago; taking 20 mg twice a day. Within a day I noticed a difference. Had a peaceful, worry-free feeling and no loud, fast heart beats. Blood pressure has been good and also none of the terrible headaches that I had been getting more frequently. Absolutely no side effects that I have noticed."

Kim7324 February 23, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Propranolol worked great for me until I was put on the 80mg slow release capsules. After 2 months of taking them I felt like a zombie every morning, and the effect would last all day until late evening. I thought I was going mad and was seen by the mental health team at the hospital who told me that propranolol can actually cause depression in some people!!! I gradually reduced the dose but now my anxiety symptoms have come back and I have insomnia."

Mojo61 February 21, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I am preacher( 3 speches a week) after one bad speech and criticism I have developed bad public speech anxiety .....This medication gave me back my self confidence!!!"

ihora1978 February 21, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been taking this medication for 7 days now at bed time was recommended by my doctor. I have been having severe nightmares... awake half the night and exhausted in the morning.I am waking to my heart rate beating faster than when I work out. I am not going to take it tonight and see what happens. I haven't read anything about the side effects I am having has anyone else had these side effects?"

Dee2027 February 19, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I havent tried it yet but I am suffering from very extreme performance anxiety or can be said essential tremors. When I saw the reviews I am really motivated to take it and solve my problem. I just posted this to see if the reviews are true. Also I am just 19 so if its too early to be using this drug do tell me guys"

Strikestar February 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've had some BAD experiences with public speaking and this drug has been a life saver. I have been to 3 therapists to attempt to manage it the "natural" way including CBT and even a public speaking specialist with little success. Like many others have commented, people I know are often in disbelief that I struggle with presentations. I take a low 10-15mg dose an hour before a stressful event and my nerves/physical symptoms are under control. Not worrying about having a panic attack gives me the confidence I need to focus on the material rather than my nerves and breathing. Since this does not help manage accompanying anxiety, occasionally I will take .25mg Klonopin or natural Bach's rescue before and I feel relaxed and in control!"

relievedinnyc (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've been suffering from anxiety in the past 20 years. My anxiety reaches its tops when I perform in front of a small of people that I can't breath and my heart is beating out of my chest. I read about this drug and tried it many times, I've found that it worked wonderfully for me when I take a 60mg an hour before presentations or any other anxiety-triggering situations. it's really a miracle I thankfully don't feel any more shortness of breath or shaking or any annoying feeling."

Abdelaziz Sayed February 16, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I am 45 and I literally spent all my professional carreer, that has been so far extremely successful, worrying about public audiences starting from 5 units up to hundreds. No one would ever think that I have this problem since I am extremely sociable and outspoken. Schoolfriends always thought that I would have turned into an actor. In real life I have lived up to 42 in a nightmare for public audiences that I CANNOT avoid due to my public role (CEO of a technology firm). I have been worrying for public speech 2-3 months prior to the event. I discovered propanolol through a family friend who works in an orchestra. Miracle is the right word! A big fantastic miracle. I now look forward for events, walk up to the stage with no problem!"

Simon B February 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've been on this drug for 5 days do feel better but still having side effects still not able to eat or some other stuff. I am still struggling wish it would go away"

bramleylass February 13, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I am absolutely amazed at how well this medication worked. I've always struggled with giving speeches and this medication made me speak in class like a professional would. I took it before class about 45 minutes before and started feeling relaxed and a little sleepy 20 minutes before my speech. I went up and felt no nerves and gave my speech as I practiced in my room alone without any shakiness or any pauses. Everybody said I looked so natural giving the speech. Amazing medicine. I felt like I cheated the speech. I highly recommend this medication for speech anxiety."

Sutsie February 12, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I had a migraine for about 7 months before I even went to the doctor. I've now been taking propranolol for about 5 and a half years now and at 21 I am now almost completely migraine free. I still get migraines at times where I am highly stressed but otherwise I don't have to worry about taking sumatriptan when I have bad migraine considering it affected me badly even if it did get rid of my migraine. It doesn't have any bad side effects for me.I just take it before bedtime and no more migraines."

Mirandalynn6 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 12, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was put on Deralin for the trembling in my hands- apparently fron Lithium. I couldn't hold a pen, drinking out of a glass would need two hands, water bottle would need two hands. Couldn't put make up on, the shaking could become a style of jerking, I'd hit the wrong keys on a keyboard and got the sack for making mistakes from a temp role. The GP put me on 40mg o/d - it worked "ok" then 2 x 40 p/d. It doesn't seem to work- I still can't hold a pen. It has helped with panic attacks, that- that kick in the guts butterfly feeling has stopped. I don't feel calmer or much difference. Lithium plus years ago Zoloft gave me diarrhea up to 18 times in 24 hour period. I hardly left the house, well again after settling down to 6 times up to 22 time"

Platypus Girl February 7, 2016

For Anxiety: "It is listed as one of the most important meds in history. It is considered extremely safe and the pharmacist who developed it for heart disease won the Nobel Prize. It has been tested and tested since 1960 and is considered the least side effect med for angina, hypertension, performance anxiety, essential tremors and general outward physical symptoms or anxiety (leg shakes, sweating, etc.) It is one of the best and safest drugs ever designed for moderate anxiety and to prevent heart problems."

Blue Mountain ocean February 5, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This is truly a life changing discovery. I cannot express how glad I am that I found this. Prior to propanolol I have had several dreadful experiences with public speaking including being so anxious I literally cut myself on a bottle top seconds before going on. Career in the balance, skin complaints due to stress, overall a truly debilitating cloud over head. Just recently at one of the biggest public address occasions ever I took 80mg 60 mins before speaking and a modern day revolution took place. Whilst I was still nervous I found I could breathe and was not physically shaking. Indeed I enjoyed it!! It allows you to realise how stupid being nervous is and how there is nothing to be scared of. there is hope for everyone if I can do it"

Nervy (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been taking propranolol for 5 years and it's been a great. I suffer from extreme anxiety and I must say this drug has changed my life. I can now live life to the full without worrying about what people think about me. It's not ideal to have to take drugs to make you feel normal but without this drug I wouldn't be able to cope."

Leeds gal (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 4, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I have been struggling with speaking in front of a group for many years. I am now 40 and you would think that through life's experiences that I would have conquered being afraid of making a speech in front of a crowd. I was even asked by a family member to read all of the sympathy cards at my uncle's funeral but I couldn't do it and I felt bad. Well, finally decided to research and find a prescription drug that will help me and came across these testimonials about propranolol, so I located a pcp and decided to go in and get a prescription. I'm a student and I have to make speeches in front of the class and yesterday was the BIG day. I took this 20mg pill an hr before and it really did work!! Great speech pill!!"

NRed February 4, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "23-year old female. I've been on Inderal (Propranolol) for about 1 year now after suffering with increasingly bad migraines for about 8 years. I was prescribed Imitrex (Sumatriptan) to treat the migraines, but that made me nauseous and didn't fix the migraines at all. After being prescribed Inderal, I was migraine free, all but for maybe one menstrual-related migraine per month, which the doctor recommended treating with 1 week pre-menstrual daily dose of ibuprofen leading up to my cycle -- which worked! So now I am 100% migraine free between 20mg each morning and night of Inderal, and 400mg daily of ibuprofen the full week before my cycle. Inderal might make you have some very vivid dreams, and cause you to feel a bit drowsy at first."

Risscro February 2, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "My 15 year old daughter suffers from severe anxiety and panic attacks, her psychiatrist put her on 10mg of Propranolol once daily as SSRI's weren't helping. The medication worked well and she felt less anxious within a few days, she did feel she needed a slightly higher dose for really high anxiety provoking situations, however her doctor didn't want to increase her does. After 1 month of being on medication I noticed she was shedding a lot of hair. She immediately stopped taking the medication as I knew this was a "rare" side effect. 4 weeks since she has been off she is STILL shedding lots of hair and overall lost about 30% of her hair. Pray everyday it will stop as it is devastating. Think twice before taking this med."

Brady123 January 30, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "love to sing and always did good job then after many years tried to sing in public and it was so nerve racking, the microphone was shaking. I was a wreck and of course my voice was not as good. Tried 10 mg of propranolol and unbelieveable, I sang and really enjoyed the experience.|"

pennyanny (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I was prescribed this medicine after detoxing off alcohol for the really bad shakes. The first day I took it I could actually drink without spilling, write ledgeably, an sit still. It also brought my heart rate down to the 80's from 140's."

Jen.recovery January 23, 2016