User Reviews for Propranolol (Page 4)

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 576 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Propranolol

For Anxiety: "I take 10mg as needed for anxiety. It works better than any other medication & it's nonadditive."

Shining Star (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Pounding heart in any and all public speaking situations and performances. Beta Blockers taken about 2-hours prior alleviate 100% of symptoms. Maybe I'm still nervous, but without the associated physical symptoms, who cares. It works, no side affects, and only taken when I need them. Also tried every other drug or therapy with no or little success."

Cool Cat K (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Thanks to all the reviews on this site I went out and got a propranolol prescription. Have always had crushing anxiety any time I felt I was being evaluated. Shaky voice, unable to breathe or speak freely, the works. Had to present my work to 8 executives of a major potential client today, to do with a contract that could turn into millions of dollars for our little company. No pressure. Have been dreading it for weeks. Took 60mg an hour before. It's strange because the usual internal panic I've become so accustomed to just never came. I could have been chatting to my mum, I was that relaxed. It went so well that afterward, when on my own, I nearly cried out of sheer elation that I had found a solution. 31 yr old male"

ThereIsNoSpoon (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "I was prescribed these only today (40mg) along with sertraline (50mg) my my anxiety which has become severe. I'm a third year student required to carry out a number of presentations on my course but previously was so anxious and would break down that I couldn't do them in front of anyone and had to pre-record. I have a presentation due in November and one in December and I have to say after reading everyone's comments I realise I'm not alone and feel so much more confident and am determined to do the presentations face-to-face. "

Ashton emery October 20, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "I had pretty severe performance anxiety literally since primary school. This held me back my whole adult life as I did not pursue opportunities for fear of drawing attention to myself, being put on the spot and required to speak. How amazing that I can write this in past tense now!!! After being utterly sick of my anxiety affecting my life like this, and in preparation for a talk I'd dreaded for 5 months, I got propranolol 40mg from my doctor. Propranolol was massively effective for me - NO blotchy red upper body, heart pounding, stomach cramps, sweating, gasping breath and voice tremors!! How liberating to speak and be myself without my body/adrenaline sabotaging me! I actually enjoyed giving my talk and felt calm throughout. Thrilled!"

Finally fluent (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol has been truly life changing for me. If you struggle dearly with public speaking anxiety, please go seek out medical advice and get a script for propranolol. All of the debilitating side effects which have held me back for years have vanished. I can even remember switching out of a class during my undergraduate degree because it required a presentation (and following this up with a lie to my friends as to why I switched classes). I'm an outgoing person, but for some reason I've always struggled with the publics perception of me. I like to take two doses, one about 90 minutes, and another 60 minutes before my speech (usually 10-20mg each dose). This medication has been nothing short of a MIRACLE!"

FreeAgain88 October 15, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I started to have severe anxiety and panic attacks after a car accident. This drug did wonders! Before the accident when my anxiety was small I took 20mg whenever I felt anxious and it made me feel amazing! No anxiety whatsoever! After the car accident my doctor up the dose to 60mg every day because I was panicking a lot!.... Now that I'm calmer I take 10mg once a day. This drug really makes a difference!! For the better! I shake when I'm super anxious and it also makes you super steady. I felt very confident! It mainly works for physical anxiety symptoms, if I still am panicking mentally after I take the propranolol then I'll take half of a 0.5 Ativan to help...but Its an amazing drug! Try it! I'm terrified of meds but this one is amazing!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Lord have mercy! I never expected that a drug could have a life changing impact on my life. I have struggled with social anxiety all my life and have usually avoided any situation that would require me speaking, even amongst friends. Recently my job requires me to make presentations all over the country. This should be good news to any normal person right? WRONG! Its been a nightmare for me and I've even contemplated resigning.I was desperate and turned to google and my destiny to stumble upon propranolol. I read all the reviews yesterday and immediately got a prescription from my doc. I went into my presentation this morning feeling confident but a little cautious and It was flawless; no increased heart no difficulty breathing.Thank you Prop!!!"

Isk (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I have to say this medication changed my life! I kept having these chronic migraines with symptoms of a stroke. no feeling in my limbs cant see cant hear throwing up passing out and they were relentless and left me in the er 24/7. I passed out on someone on a bus and woke up unable to speak my name in an ambulence. I began taking this med and the original effect was low blood pressure tired a lot and it made me quit taking it. i noticed my symptoms return shortly after quitting on it. So i tried taking one whole 20mg tablet during an attack and i couldnt believe it my vision returned and the attack ended early. I have taken it 4-5 times daily ever since and it saved my life. haven't had a single attack in years!"

Sharon Appelbaum October 8, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I am nearly 60 & have had migraines for nearly 30 yrs. Usually, I might have 1 a month or so- & if I did not catch it in time- the migraines could last 3 days. I usually take Maxalt MLT (10mg) that tastes horrible but takes the edge off. (I am a light weight with meds & have bad reactions + weigh only about 100 lbs). In just the last few months- my migraines have changed from being centered around the tops of my eyebrows/sides of nose or behind my head to being ultra painful, even to the touch, at my temple. No aura/ flashing lights. I've had all sorts of tests/trips to the ER to get a cocktail in the butt of Topordol/ Zofran. Migraines had been occuring almost daily. Started Propranolol- having vivid dreams but no migraine, yet!"

Pony girl 2 (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol (inderal) has been a life saver for me. As I progressed in my career I had to present to groups (20 to 100 people) on a much more regular basis. I'm a confident professional, however my adrenaline reactions when presenting would cause me to shake and have shallow breathing. I'd feel like I could barely talk and would want to run out of the room. I also felt like I was about to burst into tears. Most unlike me. With Inderal I'd just take 40mg 90 mins before presenting and all physical symptoms of anxiety are gone! This drug is unbelievable. I recently presented to 500+ people at a major conference and while my mind was freaking out, I didn't have any physical symptoms of anxiety. An absolute miracle game changer for me."

Alejandro79 October 1, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: "At first it was wonderful. The tremors stopped within 24 hours. The dose was 60 mg in a capsule. After 2 weeks nasty side effects started happening. First was vomitting and diarrhea. Then anxiety, nervousness, trouble sleeping, difficulty talking, and poor memory and concentration. 2 days ago my doctor reduced the dose to 40 mg/day. I still feel miserable but will try the lower dose for another few days. Can you give me any advice? Would there be a problem with just stopping the medication? I also take prozac daily."

beckymd October 1, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug saved me today! always had insane anxiety over public speaking... today gave a presentation to 100 physicians.... my heart was racing and palms were sweating as I stepped onto the stage.... 10 seconds into my presentation all nerves faded away and I rocked it! I was totally in control of my breathing and speaking pace. Received applause at the end not to mention complements from my colleagues who never heard me present. I was EXTREMELY nervous and might have overdosed slightly as I took 120 mg... during the 4 hours before my presentation I was experiencing serious anxiety about the speech and drug not working.... but boy did it work! This treatment really works!"

Magsie (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Have tried other medication (Sertraline) previously and experienced some nasty side effects. This time I requested something different and was prescribed Propranolol hydrochloride. I must say I have noticed a vast improvement in my stress and anxiety levels and have not had any nasty side effects. I am grateful to have finally found something that works."

Mr WILD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug saved my life and career. Public speaking has been one of the most difficult fears I have ever had to face. At school I would never put my hand up because I was too scared to speak up in public. I mean NEVER! I started using this about 10 years ago after speaking to my doctor and it has been a total lifesaver in my career that requires regular public speaking. I am now in control and know that I no longer have to live with the crippling fear that once consumed me. Highly recommended!"

No more fear September 22, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I've always had GAD and some performance anxiety only with school or work related tasks. I've never really trembled uncontrollably until I started a new career in the medical field. Past few months my anxiety attacks have increased for reasons it wouldn't have in the past.I've always had service industry jobs. Needless to say I now need to take 10mg twice daily to perform my job without running away. It does its job well as far as the physical symptoms with a calming effect but mentally you still may have thoughts. Do I wish I didn't have to take a daily med for anxiety? Of course but with this med I still feel like myself without the panic, SSRI's made me feel numbed out but help a lot of people. I prefer propanolol at this point."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "This pill has made my school life so much easier. I would do anything I can to get out of a presentation in class before. I would talk to the teachers and try to get an alternate assignment but then I didn't want others to wonder why I was the only person to not do the presentation. I have severe anxiety and before presentations, I would get clammy, turn red all over my face and chest, my stomach would turn so much to the point where I'd almost throw up. And this would happen the second I'd find out that I had to do a presentation in class whether it be in 5 months from then or the next day. I would try to drop the class sometimes. My doctor introduced me to propranolol. i recommend this to anyone. I can now speak without voice tremors."

Jdb030513 September 22, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I usually don't write reviews for stuff like this, but I took this today for the first time (40mg tablet)- Over the past several months I have been really struggling to get through work meetings, presentations and general social events. Even driving has been a struggle as I get irritable very easily lately, especially in peak hour traffic. I break out into a sweat and get really hot, I bounce my legs and become fidgety, my chest tightens, heart races and I cannot think properly. I start to stress out because I cannot control the physical symptoms and it just makes it worse. It has been absolutely exhausting. Today I felt normal for the first time in awhile, while driving and facilitating groups, meeting new people. Everything was fine :)"

cpj81 September 22, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I started this drug last night I had a very sore chest bit of trouble breathing an trouble sleeping today iam very tired and no energy I only took 10mg has anyone else had this problem"

Allz September 22, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug saved my life. I am 40+ PhD senior manager in a major company and I have had speaking anxiety with big crowds that goes waay beyond normal nerves. I have tried every type of therapy and public speaking training. 18 months ago I gave a review to 70 people that went so badly (I will spare details) and left me so full of shame I went home and considered ending my life as I could see no way out or ability to face my wife and beautiful children. I saw a doctor, who gave me propranolol and now I am a flawless, speaker who is referred to as one of the strongest speakers in the company! Preparation and knowledge is 100% critical, but this drug removes clinical, crippling inhibitions and lets me show who I really am. Life saving!"

Relieved and saved (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Rode the depression roller coaster for several years, and after series of traumatic events in my early 20s, I lived in such a constant state of panic, I could hardly leave my house. I was Diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder at 26. I tried an SSRI with no success. My doctor prescribed propranolol (20mg, twice a day) and while I thought it was a long-shot, I gave it a try. I felt a change within a day or two: naturally relaxed, not drugged or drowsy or high, or anything weird. So here I am, 18 months later, fully functional and feeling 'normal'. I do get slightly anxious on rare occasions, but it's nothing that stops me from taking care of business."

idonthaveanickname (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "I've had extreme performance anxiety for several years. On the days and weeks leading up a presentation of any sort, I can't eat and I'm anxious all day & every day. It's awful. When it's time to start a presentation or musical performance, my whole body gets cold and clammy, my digestion flares up, my heart pounds deeply, my face turns bright red and I can barely get through it without completely embarrassing myself. Enter propranolol. I took 40mgs yesterday at 8:15am, got to class at 10am, set up my presentation and completely dominated it with confidence. Propranolol effectively eliminated all of those terrible effects, allowing me to think with a clear mind. Yesterday was the beginning of the end of my debilitating performance anxiety."

Jesse C. September 17, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "I've found these to be very effective in stopping my panic attacks & feelings of anxiety, however I've felt quite tired, generally lacking a level of energy, so think I might cut down from 3 x a day to 2, but overall good :)"

Anita111 September 17, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "As with many ppl here I used to have 3 or more migraines a week. Now after taking propranolol with Amitriptyline Boom magic Migraines have all but stoped"

Kickz September 16, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug truly saved my life and my career. I always had a paralyzing fear of speaking in public. Interviews, speeches, meetings, or even just a name introduction would give me such bad anxiety. I wouldn't be able to sleep and I couldn't live my life without thinking about it all the time. I was still nervous and skeptical before I had to speak to a group recently but I hung in there and it worked magic. I was calm, I could focus, no shaking, no panic. Highly recommend!"

Alex C September 14, 2016