User Reviews for Propranolol (Page 4)

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 535 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Propranolol

For Performance Anxiety: "After trying everything under the sun - speaking classes, herbal, homeopathic, medicines, etc. Wasting time and thousands of dollars along the way, I found the miracle drug. Voila no more blushing, quivering, shaking, trembling voice. If you experience any of these symptoms when giving an intro or speaking to a group, its the end of your misery. If it worked for a speaking disaster like me, it will work for anyone. Thank you Sir James Black for your invention. You gave me a new life."

Ashton007 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have suffered with anxiety and depression a number of years now. Finally over coming for the most part depression I was left with horrible anxiety. It built up month after month - i tried everything nothing worked. Until one day my doctor prescribed me beta blockers. My life has turned around! I take them as needed. Never more than 2 xs 40mg per day. Usually just one - rare 2 and some days none at all. It did give me insomnia at first but that has leveled out. Im so much calmer - my work output is up and im feeling better than I have in years! Propranolol has been a total life changer for me in the positive. Big thumbs up!"

Dino68 August 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I wanna kiss the guy or girl who invented this.. It works!"

Georbars August 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I had multiple presentations every day this week. I get anxiety even thinking about it. As embarrassing as this sounds being a 46 year old female, when talking in front of a group I feel like I'm going to pass out, I get dizzy, my heart trembles, my voice crackles and I sweat. I can't even finish. I was desperate for help since this would affect my career if I didn't do it. I read about this medication and begged my doctor to prescribe it to me.I took it the day before 20 mgs to see how it affected me and didn't tell much of a difference. The next day I had my first presentation. I took 20 mgs one hour before and this by far was a miracle pill for me. I was a little nervous still but it didn't even phase me. No side effects for me."

SRP - A miracle pill! (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I have always been fearful of public presentation and had a lot of nervous symptoms but it was manageable and I was on an antidepressant on and off. It wasn't until I got into the medical field that I started shaking in my class when I had to do blood draws in front of the entire class and my reaction really surprised me. My PCP thankfully rx'd me propanolol 10 mg which I took before blood draws and presentations and it completely took away shaking/blushing/lump in throat. Now I'm working in the medical field and I have to take everyday because my work is fast pased and I'm not sure when an anxiety reaction will show up. I have to use it when training new people and when someone is teaching me a new task."

Laila83 August 14, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've had terrible anxiety with regard to public speaking. Heart races,out of breath, voice quivering terribly. I was asked to be best man at my friends wedding and propanolol completely erased all the symptoms. I had the most intense fear standing up ready to deliver my speech.I ended up taking 5x10mg tablets. 10mg at 2pm, 20 at 3, 10 at 3:30 and a final 10mg at 4. Speech was at 5. If youre reading this, relax, *you are going to be okay*. Propranolol will crush all these symptoms. The only possible error you can make is taking too low a dose, too late on. Take early and top-up, if needed. Consult with a doctor for dosage, but aim on the higher side to be rock-solid sure of its efficacy if the event is extremely terrifying."

best man August 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "For the last several months I was having what You call "Blushing Attacks"? at work. Uncontrollable intense blushing when I had to socialise with several people at one time. However, after my Doctor prescribed this drug to Me, I took 10 mg today before My shift and just like that there was nothing. I felt nervous sometimes but My body just remained in total control with no sweating or embarrassing red face. I would have taken 15 mg's on further thought, but it basically did the trick. I didn't really feel drowsy or anything just way more rational in thought and more or less laid back, and less stressed at the end of My shift."

MrDef261 August 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I recently got prescribed propranolol at 10MG once a day for 2 weeks the. Got increased to 80MG and now I'm on 2, 80MG tablets a day for severe anxiety, neck pain and migraines. And it's worked an absolute treat! Noticed a difference straight away and when i forget to take them for a couple of days o get s migraine instantly!!"

KaatieharrisonYT (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: "I put on 40kg over the course of 12 years of this medication but I don't have migraines. The generic ones don't work at all except Derralin (can no longer get inderral in Australia) I would recommend anyone with life altering migraines to try it for 3 months. It just might be the cure you are waiting for."

woolyhead August 7, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I was prescribed this by my doctor to take to calm me down for a job interview. I tested it today for a mock interview at university and it is amazingly effect. I usually suffer from an increased heart rate, clammy hands, shakey voice and body and a nervous red rash that spreads across my face and chest. I was so calm after taking 20 mg an hour before the mock interview and one 10 mg fifteen minutes before. My body remained completely calm like it would if I was just watching television at home. Still some nervous thoughts but because my body was relaxed I was able to stay in control and interview well. Still a bit of a nervous flush but no where near as bad as unmedicated. Can't wait to see how this holds up for the actual interview."

Nervous Interviewer August 3, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Hello every body.I am 35 years old male from india.Due to some disturbances in personal life i developed migrane.Migrane started in the morning after awakening if i slept beyond 6 am.I consulted a lot of psychatrists and they all prescribed me different ssris or tricyclics or benzo with lot of side effects..So i tried propranolol.Believe me propranolol is the best anti migrane med that i ever tried.Its a miracle.My life is now migrane free.I take 40 mg immediate release in the morning.In india you can buy any branded medicine because cost of medicines here are extremely low.So need for medical insurance.I take ciplar 40(propranolol 40) which costs me just 40 rs INR for 15 tablets.Less than 2 $per month."

tk2001 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "It's amazing. Works better than Xanax or other anxiety because its situational and you only take it when you need it and it doesn't put you to sleep. It's also amazing for those days you want to go to the pool and not obsess over anxiety of swimsuits in public. A life changer."

Jukebox tour (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Excellent Medicine, I had a presentation which i always feared to take and used to avoid it, This time it was mandatory. i researched a lot on the net and found lot of good reviews about proprapronol - Inderal. Doc prescribed 40 mg. Although taking medicines is not good always, but very rarely when there is a presentation it should be ok. I was skeptical though about working. Had one 40 Mg dose 2 hours before, it took 2 hours to start working. In the meeting, i was as usual feeling tense before my turn. till i started the presentation i was feeling tense as soon as i started, donno what happened, but i spoke very fluent. Although i was prepared but still the fluency showed up and it was really a good feeling, This really really worked today"

Paul David August 1, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I was asked a few months ago to give a best man speech in front of 800 people at my best friends wedding. I was super stressed for the months leading up to the event and went to my doctor to ask for a prescription. He prescribed 1-4 20gm pills 1-2 hours before speaking. The wedding was last night and due to the chaos I didn't know when my speech would be. I ended up taking one 20mg pill about 4 hours before my speech, a second 20mg pill about 2.5 hours before my speech and chewing half a pill about 20 min before my speech. I am amazed at how effective this medicine is, I was calm through the entire speech with no racing heart or trembling voice. My only recommendation is to take it with food otherwise it may cause upset stomach."

Nervous Best Man (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I had a panic attack recently where I had to present myself in front of a group of people. I am wondering if this propanolol will do the trick to save my career! "

Hard life July 29, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Public speaking has been a huge issue for me for years. Even introducing myself was an experience that I would dread for weeks out of I knew I had to do it. I've always thought that one day I would adjust and get over it, but I never did. I would lose my breath, forget what I needed to say, sweat, heart rate would sky rocket, etc. my doctor prescribed me this yesterday. I had to speak today, so I tried it for the first time. I still felt somewhat nervous when I was just about to get up, but when I did i found I was able to get a sentence out because my breath was taken from me. I was able to recall the information I needed. I feel like I'm going to be able to as successful as I should be now that I've defeated what has become my worse enemy"

Dee nice (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

For Anxiety: "Propranolol seems to only slightly help with anxiety for me. Sometimes when I get REALLY stressed my blood pressure and pulse will get pretty high, I find propranolol more useful for that situation."

Jwright7784 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This little pink power pill is incredible! For years I have avoided social situations or interviews due to the awful anxiety I feel when put on the spot to talk. I would just think of the feeling of panic spreading over me and want to run away. This tablet has changed my life. No more racing heartbeat or awful feeling of panic. So grateful to have this to use when needed most!"

Louisa222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I've had a phobia of public speaking since age 16. Heart races, voice shakes, neck turns blotchy. I tried confronting my fear: did toastmasters and gave 40+ work presentations. But, the physical reaction never went away. I merely lived with it. Finally, my boss told me that I need to do something about my nerves during presentations (not a helpful thing to say to someone!). I realized that this is an automatic response and not something that my mind can control. I read about Proprananol online and went to the doctor to ask her thoughts. She told me that a lot of people take it, including those in high-power positions. By now, I've tried it 8 times -- every time I was calm and flawless, humorous even. I wish I had found this 15 years ago."

dallas234 July 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "I took Propranolol for over a year, for Anxiety. Worked brilliantly! I've seen a lot of bad reviews here, saying it doesn't work and it annoys me because people clearly don't understand exactly what the Propranolol does and how it works... Propranolol does NOT take away Anxiety as in the psychological side to it, like feeling nervous. It is a medication that slows down the heart. So if you get fast heart/palpitations due to Anxiety, that is what it is used. It's not a benzo that will affect your mood, it just slows your heart down."

G Hart (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

For Anxiety: "I ened up having frequently urination muscle pain and twitching and major fatigue. Pressure headaches and pain in my left leg and stomach cramps I stopped 3 days ago and already feeling better,this has been the worse thing I have ever taking"

XJAIMEX July 11, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Started taking 80 mg before bed about 8 months ago. It worked ok the first few months, with the exception of some weight gain. I went from having daily severe headaches and migraines to mild daily headaches and migraines about once every week or two. About two month ago, headaches came back full force and my neurologist decided to up the dose to 120 mg. Couldn't sleep at all, terrible nightmares, gained more weight, and had hand numbness. His suggestion was to take it during the day instead of at night. Terrible idea. Excessive drowsiness, nausea, and still nonstop severe headaches and migraines. Hands still going numb and no sleep. Hope to get off of this soon."

CoTexan July 6, 2016

For Anxiety: "Dr. prescribed Propranolol 10mg twice a day for mild anxiety and stress/panicy feelings. Noticed a difference in hand shakiness, tight chested, short of breath and feelings of extreme stress, but my vision was badly effected and I literally could not read words that before hand I had no trouble in reading! Everything was blurred and very disconcerting. I stopped taking it after 2weeks as I wanted my sight back."

Raggedy-Doll July 6, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I started taking Propranolol 4 months ago for Migraines primarily as well as high blood pressure. I am 5'1" and weigh 106lbs and have not experienced any weight gain. It bothers me that people say they gain weight from a pill. Unless that pill is increasing your appetite it just can't happen. Weight gain is natural science. What you put in opposed to what you expend. You can not be seditary and not gain weight. The migraines are gone as well as the blood pressure. All and all I think it is an excellent drug except for the fact my sex drive is not very good."

LoriB1965 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Migraine sufferer for the last 24 years (since I was 5) I've tried everything ! Migralieve, immigran, max-alts melts - all as an onset treatment. Non worked I was in bits .... 2 children under the age of 6.. I get the aura the paralysis too which is an issue as it's effected my breathing the confusion and inability to speak/eat/drink etc I then tried amytriptaline!! Never again it's an old style anti-depressant and it hit me hard! I was a walking zombie so spaced out and disrespondant Then came propranolol and what a lifesaver I'm on 40mg x3 daily and from.someone who'd suffer daily upto 4 times each day im now down to 1 every 2 months Excellent!! No adverse side effects nothing"

Mrsb2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2016