User Reviews for Propranolol to treat Mitral Valve Prolapse

Also known as: Inderal LA, Hemangeol, InnoPran XL Inderal XL

Propranolol has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Mitral Valve Prolapse. 75% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Propranolol Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Mitral Valve Prolapse.

Sadie K. July 19, 2013

“I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and extreme anxiety where I basically depleted my adrenals from being so anxious all the time. I was in a constant state of fight or flight. Since my Dr. prescribed this medicine a few years ago it has worked wonders and changed my life. I am now able to function fairly normally as it greatly reduces my heart rate. I seem to have extreme sensitivity to heat as well and it calms my pulse in warm temperatures too. Its never fun to always be aware of a racing heart rate and this med really helps. Takes about 20 mins to kick in but then I usually feel much calmer. Very happy to been prescribed this.”

MDProgramming · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2019

“I was suffering from short breath and very high heart rate and chest pain during exercise and could never keep up with my friends at the gym. Now I take 40 mg thrice a day and now after a set of heavy weight lifting, I'm not even breathing fast and now I have to wait for my friends to catch a breath to keep up with me. I'm totally fine as long as I keep taking the pills but they do not cure fatigue, I'm still always tired.”

ellie baby October 12, 2014

Inderal (propranolol): “I have been on this medicine for over 10yrs they had to switch me to this medicine because the other medicine I was on wasn't working anyway more. I was on atenolol for awhile for rapid heart rate and then I had chest pains so they switched me to Inderal because I had mitro-valve, so far it is working.”

ELLIE Jo February 18, 2014

Inderal LA (propranolol): “I've been on this medicine for at least 10yrs. It has been working so far. I was on something else before they found out that I had Mitral Valve Prolapse all I had was tachycardia then they found the MVP and the meds I was on wasn't working so I was put on this.”

Scorpion74 · Taken for 10 years or more March 4, 2021

“I'm on propranolol since 2006. Still taking it-5mg morning, and 5 mg evening. Propanolol reduces my extrasystoles and tachycardia. I have no adverse effects.”

cheryl2663 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 13, 2018

“I take it for: essential tremor, migraine prevention, blood Pressure, mitral valve prolapse. One medication for multiple things! This is the BEST medication on the planet in my opinion.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 13, 2012

“It works great. Haven't had any of the side effects. Helps my prolapse and migraines.”

DzoNI · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2017

“Propranolol a 40mg 2x1 leaded me to an episode of supra ventricular tachycardia (244bpm)”

Learn more about Mitral Valve Prolapse