User Reviews for Propranolol systemic

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Propranolol Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Anxiety

"This tablet has changed my life for the best! Terrible anxiety for years and everything crumbled last Christmas where I could not leave the house without having a panic attack. I wanted to die then cause it was really that out of control. But this tablet has helped me climb out that dark place and gave me hope. Please try this or if you have just started taking it you should feel a lot better soon and some well deserved relief from this horrible condition."

Guniea pig mum (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2018

"I've had the odd anxiety attack over past 3 years. They came from nowhere. Probs caused by marriage breakdown and my son being diagnosed epileptic. The final straw was 2 months ago when I had an attack and I thought I was going to die! Extreme dizziness feeling sick rapid heartbeat feeling very hot and shaky then fainted. Tests showed everything normal apart from high bp. Have been given 40mg once a day to see if this helps. Reading reviews I'm hoping they do"

Jayniec December 4, 2018

"Was prescribed propranolol 3 months ago after suffering for years with heart palpitations, skipped beats and extra beats.. After thorough investigations my doctors could find nothing out of the ordinary wrong with my heart and I guess I knew deep down I was suffering with anxiety.. So I take 20mg in the morning and 10mg at night.. OMG.. the effects were almost immediate I remember stepping out of the shower in the morning and my heart rate was lovely and slow, not racing like the clappers as usual.. What a relief.. But like everyone says on here this medication only helps keep your physical symptoms in check. But because of this it does help with the worrying.. Anyway bottom line I would recommend in a Heart beat.. No pun intended ♥️"

Joyce (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2018

"Today is my first day using This med. I am 133 pounds and take 10mg 1/day. I took it 1 hr before training. My historical symptoms were shaky voice during public speaking- large groups small groups informal and formal- dry throat wanting to run out the room during round table introductions pounding heart beats felt in my ears, daily heart palpitations, reluctant to apply for promotions , sweating underarms and all over my body, reluctant to drive On highways, considered retiring to avoid public speaking and an overall sense of hopelessness. Anxiety is the worse and it controlled me. Today was a good day. I drove to work no pounding heart beats. I participated in training and introduced myself without shaky voice. AND I didn’t want to run out of the room. I look forward to putting my life back on track. I will write more reviews and look forward to crossing off my symptoms as I continue to use this Medicine. Thanks to the geniuses who made this medicine possible."

4fingafranky November 30, 2018

"I took it and it is horrible, I could not sleep at all, even with 2mg valium and sleeping pills prescribed by the doctor it made me worst, and my blood pressure when higher than usual, now I did not sleep and have to go to work, I told my doctor that 2mg of valium was not helping with my anxiety so she gave me this medication, omg I have had her as a DR for 2 years, I asked her if she could just give me a high dosage of valium. To control my panic attack she said I would get addictive, I'm 46 years old taking 2 milligrams of diazepam and it is not working. Propranolol is the worst thing I ever had. Even gave me headache I'm up just like it up every day I. The daytime , horrible."

Mad November 18, 2018

"I have experienced extreme social anxiety when I have to present in front of groups. Which unfortunately is my job. The anxiety would get so bad that I felt like I was going to pass out. Propranolol has definitely taken the edge off and allows me to perform my job. I'm not as tired as I was under Klonopin. I much prefer propranolol"

Hoj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2018

"I must say, I am NOT a fan of medication... however, this stuff has been a God-send! I have absolutely crippling anxiety, which makes me feel sick and dizzy and stops me from being able to function. Propranalol seems to totally block these feelings and symptoms. It’s totally remarkable. And I am so grateful."

Dystopia (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

"I lost my wonderful mum at beginning of the year to Cancer and on my Sons 10th Birthday. I have never had panic attacks before so to have my 1st was scary. I have since had several and whilst driving even more so. rief has taken its toll on me and bringing back my mum won't happen but this drug has helped slow my heart and reduce my panic attacks."

Littlejem (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

"I've been taking Propranolol for about 3 years for anxiety only in the winter months. I normally take 20mg twice a day. It is excellent for stopping the physical side effects which you think other people will notice (shaking etc) so makes you more confident to face anxious situations. It does not change your mind or thinking in any way. I have had no side effects whatsoever from this medicine. I find it very quick acting; for example you can take it 30 minutes before an anxious situation."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2018

"After having a few bad presentations where I got major shakes and voice tremor, I decided to give this a go. I seemed to have developed major stage fright some where along my career. Due to deliver a Presentation to 150 people and use a hand held mic. This pill is a game changer. I took 10mg two hours before and then 20mg an hour before my slot. I practised heavily (I always prepare)and used my kids kareoke machine to get used to my voice through a mic! I felt calm on the actual morning after first pill took effect and I absolutely nailed the presentation. No shakes, not even many nerves and my mind was focussed. I did suffer a bad headache later in the day and that nights sleep was poor but it was worth it. I wouldn’t hesitate to use this again ad-hoc when such situations arise. I’m not normally one who leaves reviews but if this helps just one person with the same problem as me, it’s been worth it."

Mrs Smith October 5, 2018

"Suffered horrendously from severe panic attacks on a daily basis. GP didn’t want to increase my SSRI dosage, so placed me on 40mg of these. Worked wonders! Though, I can definitely feel a difference if I accidentally miss a dose."

JJ13 October 2, 2018

"Started taking Propranopol 10mg twice a day for GAD with little effect. Due to personal reasons my anxiety increased and my dosage over a period of a couple of months was increased to 20mg three times a day. Miracle! No anxiety, effortless breathing, rational thinking. The only downside is interrupted sleep, could be a coincidence as l am also taking Venlafaxine. No side affects that l have noticed, maybe dry mouth. Would recommend !"

Smithy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

"This is an absolute miracle drug for anyone suffering from extreme blushing. For me, it happens during any stressful situation and it’s completely debilitating. In case it’s psychosomatic, I’ve tried CBT, general therapy and hypnotism but nothing worked. I even remember reading about a teenager who committed suicide because of this and people who have risky surgeries to correct it. At work, my blushing interfered with all my meetings, presentations and interactions with my colleagues. People frequently asked me if I needed an ambulance due to an allergic reaction or a panic attack. I eventually gave up my public facing career and struggled at interviews for more solitary and lower paying positions. Finally a doctor prescribed me this medication and I no longer experience ANY blushing whatsoever. It’s so sad that this could have saved that boy’s life if it had only been prescribed to him... I only take 5-10 mg to keep my blushing at bay."

Finally September 17, 2018

"I have bad anxiety just been separated with my husband. I don’t know if this will work I’ve been on and off I think reading reviews help I should take them often. It’s horrible who ever goes through it I hope it’s only temporary for me. I don’t want to live like this with constant anxiety want to feel normal again. Am on citalopram and propranalol"

Katz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

"After 2 weeks of shakes, shivers, sweating bucketloads, wanting to jump out from my own skin from sickening restlessness, palpitations, chestpain, nausea and 2 weeks of herbal remedies which helped ziltch. My GP put me on 40mg Propranolol. And lo and behold sweating sickness with shakes and shivers stopped, I am able to concentrate and looks like I finally will be able to have a decent night’s sleep! Ps: I can’t take SSRIs and definitely don’t want benzo’s thus this is perfect for me thus far. Plus it protects heart from a heart attack which is very likely due to strong family history at the young age. + treats migraine. 3 birds shot with one tablet and feels like I won the lottery :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

"For years I’ve struggled with anxiety and a constant feeling of fight or flight- especially when PMSing. Then I started getting night sweats with no medical explanation. And I’ve had slightly high BP with pounding in my neck. A new doctor diagnosed me with generalized anxiety disorder and prescribed this beta blocker - 40 mg at night as needed. The first dose gave me a really bad stomach ache so I cut it in half. I still have some night sweats but I feel a million times better. No anger, no pounding BP, lower pulse, less frustration and I just feel good. Still hope to figure out the night sweats but happy with this med."

Hot headed in Nv (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

"So for months I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. I have a stressful job and 5 kids. Don't like new meds and have refused all SSRI's. Been in hospital recently for attacks and heart rate is out of the charts. I am finally willing to go ahead with this one, and it has been so helpful with all the reviews. Giving a ten and will update in a few weeks."

fl/al girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

"Sometimes 10mg prevents my anxiety. Other times I need 30mg. Yes, I feel a little light headed, bu it's the only side effect for me. Propranolol vs Anti-anxiety Meds -Propranolol: I can breathe calmly and feel at ease -Anti-anxiety Meds: I feel as if the anxiety is bottled up inside me, waiting to be released. And I feel sedated. I'll update after 2 more weeks. BTW, I am on Mirtazapine and Propranolol for Depression and Anxiety"

America's Son (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

"Day 1 on 10mg of propranolol that my doctor prescribed it for my anxiety, so I decided to research it. Anxiety not gone I can still feel it, irregular heart beats, dry eyes & mouth & sleepless although I told him I’ve sleeping problems. That’s why I hate meds none work other than Xanax it’s so friendly & can stop it and resume anytime. My body is so weak currently but mind wide awake, tingling sensation & pulsing in my feet. Horrible!"

Farah August 8, 2018

"I have severe PTSD and anxiety. My doctor who I have now left cuz they’re dumb, gave me this to help. Says to take 20mg as needed for my attacks and it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I still sweat and shake and have horrible anxiety. Not worth it."

LadyJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

"This is my 1st day....but WOW! I am compelled to tell everyone! I am 48 and have had depression since about 18. I didn't do anything about it for about 25 years thanks to the stigma. Finally, my brain/body added anxiety to the mix. My depression is well controlled, but I can never quite pin down that stupid anxiety....over NOTHING! When my anxiety is high...I feel a bit floaty and disconnected, my arms feel maybe tingly or numb, my head feels scattered and unable to concentrate, I can practically feel adrenaline or cortisol coursing through me. I take several meds and I am fine with that...I don't want depression! I have clonazePAM...which still works fairly well...I just try not to use it all the time so it remains effective. My anxiety was high today...I had an appt with my psych nurse...she suggested we try 20 MG twice per day of Propranolol as needed. 30 minutes after that first pill...a calm washed over me...I could take deep cleansing breaths..feel my arms...I could think!!!"

DirtyBird (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

"I requested this medication from my GP as an alternative to the benzos she was suggesting to help with my anxiety at work. I had done some research and I had read that beta blockers would help with the physical symptoms of my anxiety (trembling, sweating, stammering) without altering my mental state. I was told to take the lowest dose (10mg) an hour before work and see if that helped. It worked incredibly. Although the actual feelings of anxiety were still present I was able to come across as calm and collected. My hands no longer shook, I wasn't sweating buckets and I could speak confidently. This quickly helped me to manage the feelings of anxiety and I'm glad that I was able to use this drug as an alternative to a potentially addicting benzo."

cdot101 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

"Be very careful on this drug. I used is situationally for presentations and public speaking anxiety. It worked amazingly for those situations. No more shaky hands, voice, stuttering, panic, etc. And, I still felt clear headed. My issues came when I was told to take 40mg daily for anxiety. It started messing with my heart's electrical system and caused an irregular heart beat occasionally. Basically, at night my heart rate would slow way down and actually skip a beat making me wake up in a gasp. I would also feel this when I worked out. I was told this isn't dangerous by my Dr. but that is tough to believe when it feels like your heart stops for a second. So, occasionally, I think this drug is great. Just be careful taking it daily. I think there are better options out their for a daily anxiety drug that doesn't mess with your heart."

Aaron (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2018

"As with everything in life, I found that propranolol makes a significant difference to anxiety symptoms and helps me personally calm down/perform to my ability when public speaking. I work in the banking sector and experience extreme pressure and stress on occasions. It is a major game player and I would highly recommend for people that suffer and feel hindered by this awful condition. I also found my confidence significantly improved. However occasionally after use I do feel worn out, tired and emotionless. Also I can get headaches and chest pain Therefore I would suggest to only use when you really need to and under extreme pressure. It will make a significant difference for you."

C (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2018

"I started taking propranolol 10mg last week. For the last 10 years I've been suffering from anxiety and depression but never asked for help as I didn't want it getting noted on my file. I was put on propranolol 10mg for my anxiety which I thought would never go away - the overthinking the racing heart etc. Well this tablet was a life saver (literally). My confidence has came back, I don't get anxious anymore, it really is a miracle drug. I am going continue to take this twice a day 10mg in the morning and 10mg at 17.00pm. I would rate this medication 10 stars but it makes you tired throughout the day which sucks. Anyone with anxeity should 100% try this its amazing."

Getting back to myself. (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018