User Reviews for Plavix

Plavix has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 55 ratings on Drugs.com. 74% of those users who reviewed Plavix reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Heart Attack
10.0
Summary of Plavix reviews 7.8 55 reviews

Reviews for Plavix

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2021

For Transient Ischemic Attack: “After 2 Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA’s) one hospital stay for 3 days. I was prescribed Plavix. I had an anaphylactic shock reaction. The next day comments from the nurses wow I have never seen such a bad reaction and the physicians apologizing the following day for giving me plavix. First time a physician has apologized I realized how bad my reaction had been. IF you have any drug sensitivities I would choose something else first.”

Cae · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 20, 2020

For Heart Attack: “I was put on Plavix after a heart attack and had no bad side effects at all. However I did have 2 more heart attacks while taking plavix and am now on warfarin. My doctor took part in a drug genetic test which showed plavix has zero effect on me and sadly there are others that this drug just doesn't work for so get tested and make sure it is safe for you. If plavix works for you its a safe drug”

Robertec2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

For Ischemic Stroke: “After the stroke, the Neurologist put me on Plavix with a strict warning about excessive bleeding. I was even told not to use a blade when shaving. I had a bad stroke and a difficult recovery with all kinds of issues, but after a paper cut that bled for 4 hours and a couple of all-day nose bleeds I ask to be taken off. The GP put me on low dose aspirin, which has worked well for me. I feel better and bleed normally now.”

FOOTGOO April 23, 2011

For Heart Attack: “I didn't have a heart attack, but was getting ready for one when I had an angiogram and and then had 3 stents put in my right coronary artery. I have been taking Plavix for the last month with no problems. The doctors tell me I will be on Plavix for the rest of my life. At this point in my life (64) I have a cast iron stomach. Because of the aspirin I have been taking for years (perhaps the reason I didn't have a heart attack) I bruise easily and bleed profusely. Different bodies, different results. I'll try to check back in a year and update my experience.”

old geezer January 7, 2011

For Heart Attack: “I have been on Plavix for a little over 5 years. It was prescribed by my Cardioligst following a vascular blockage and placement of a stent. Other than bruising and bleeding at the slightest contact, I have had no known side effects. I give Plavix a 10 because I am still kicking at 73.”

Timeless September 13, 2011

For Heart Attack: “I have been taking PLAVIX from the day it came on the market because of my unique clotting problem. My heart doctor has me on both PLAVIX and 325 Mg of aspirin once daily. When I developed atrial fibrillation, they put me on warfarin also. Then I started having bleeding problems. They took me off the warfarin and I was fine on the PLAVIX and aspirin, no clot problems encountered.”

librasue April 30, 2010

For Heart Attack: “I have severe bruising on my arms from very thin skin. I have debated for a long time about taking Plavix. I started taking it 9 years ago when I had a very mild heart attack and a stent in a 90% blocked artery. There was another artery that was 60% blocked which they told me should be watched. 6 months ago , I had a heart catheter and they said the blockage was gone, and they didn't know why. My Doctor said that I should continue taking Plavix, and that stopping probably wouldn't help the bruising and thin skin. So that is what I will do.”

jtic January 9, 2011

For Heart Attack: “Suffered heart attack 12 years ago, then 2 weeks ago suffered severe angina, got scared went to the ER, they ran tests and told me my arteries were severely clogged, need stents put in me, had the stents put in, they put me on Plavix told me I would be on it for life. Well it's been 3 weeks now on the Plavix, love it, so far no side effects.”

Anonymous April 4, 2011

For Heart Attack: “I was a heavy smoker and ate all the 'bad' foods and then, one year ago this month (April 2011) I had a heart attack. Now, one stent later, and after one year of Plavix, I have had no recurrence. Of course, I also quit smoking (hard to do but I figured my life was worth it), changed my diet (also a hard change to make), and started exercising. I guess I will be on Plavix for the rest of my natural but, thanks to the Plavix, that natural may just be a lot longer than I had hoped for last year. As for side effects. I feel the cold a little more due to the blood thinning properties of Plavix but I don't think I bruise any easier than I used to, and I am not a 'bleeder' so all in all it's good.”

skers June 24, 2009

For Heart Attack: “I guess it is working great to relieve the possibility of clots, for I have no sign of a clot returning. However, I am covered in bruises and my stomach is knots more, I feel bloated and uncomfortable. I am unable to drink even a small amount of coffee in the morning, even a few hours after having taken the dose. That being said, I have to take it for at least a year after my heart attack, so I guess I have to deal with these side effects.”

Anonymous March 12, 2010

For Heart Attack: “Had a heart attack on July 3rd, stent put in, put on Plavix for one month. Stent partially collapsed after stopping Plavix and was having some chest pains. Doctor put me back on Plavix and no more problems since. It sure works good for me and no side effects.”

Mike1950 February 8, 2013

For Peripheral Arterial Disease: “I've been taking Plavix 75 and a baby aspirin for 9 months now after stent placement in the back of my heart. So far no side effects except bruising. I am 65 yrs old, Male with heart disease. Can't take any statins because they cause too much leg muscle pain.”

Anonymous December 14, 2010

For Heart Attack: “RCA blockage of 95% in 2007. 2 stents (medicated). Took Plavix for 8 months then discontinued on doctor orders. 8 months later I suffered stent thrombosis and the 2 doctors I saw in the hospital seemed surprised I had discontinued Plavix. Another stent was inserted and I have been on Plavix since. I jog or bike at least an hour a day, usually more. My GERD has gotten worse lately and I just switched from Plavix to Effient along with proton pump inhibitors in morning and evening.”

Anonymous January 16, 2011

“Don't like the tendency to bruise and bleed but this keeps me alive. Had an ischemic clot in my small intestine and had a bowel resection. Docs found a hole between chambers in my heart that was allowing small clots to circulate. Choices were open heart surgery or go on Plavix and Asprin. Price is a bit steep and keeps going up.”

Vudy606 October 5, 2009

For Heart Attack: “I've been using Plavix for a couple years now since I had 2 angioplasties. It work just fine. However some of the drawbacks are: - easy bruising, and long recover time - easy bleeding from injuries, so don't take chances - My Doctor told me I'd have to take Plavix for the rest of my life - cost is no concern since my insurance pays all but $9.00 per month”

holycow September 20, 2010

For Heart Attack: “I had a heart attack July 7th this year. What a surprise that was. I had wonderful doctors and they prescribed Plavix. I was told I will need to take it for the rest of my life. I had two stents and damage to the back of my heart. I feel much better now and will for sure take my Plavix.”

Alf007 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

For Ischemic Stroke: “I was placed on Plavix after having a stroke it was a silent stroke and I did not even know I had a stroke until I had an MRI and a CAT scan done. The cause of my stroke apparently was high cholesterol very high. I was placed on a starting dose of 300 mg then on a daily dose 75 mg for 90 days I am currently at the two month mark and will be taken off of it in October. I have not even noticed that I am on this medication, other than some bruises that I have developed mysteriously on my legs that are about The size of a dime to a half a dollar and about six of them at any given time.”

johnnik May 29, 2010

For Acute Coronary Syndrome: “Makes me tired sometimes and bleed a lot when cut but a necessary drug for me. 6 heart attacks and quadruple bypass surgery all in 1 day. That was Easter of 2008. Still alive...but not the man I used to be.”

Slider June 25, 2018

For Ischemic Stroke: “Small stroke: Only medicine I was on after Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure to fix a heart defect was Plavix and 81 Mg Aspirin. Was Tasked with being on plavix and aspirin for 90 days. First 3 weeks after PFO closure was great- no problems. Muscle & Joint pain presented itself with legs feeling heavy during 4th week along with extremities being cold. Started to become very tired & fatigue throughout the day. Knee and wrist hurting several time a day which continued for 5-6 weeks. Muscle pain did subside somewhat around week 9. Taste changed throughout use of Plavix which was accompanying by burning mouth and tongue. During last 4 weeks of use my vision became very blurry with constant low grade headache in back of head. Last but not least experienced tingling sensation in face, hands and toes during last 2 months of use. Had eye test, MRI on brain, a lot of blood work and exams by DR to check these symptoms out.- All normal. I'm hopeful this drug worked for my PFO but it did not agree with me at all.”

Anonymous February 12, 2010

For Heart Attack: “Easy to bruise, a bit of a bleeder, but I'm still alive after 2 years. Other clogged arteries are stable. Good news... I've been also told I'm a lifer. No side effects that I can tell other than the minor ones above.”

Dustoff February 12, 2012

For Peripheral Arterial Disease: “After two stents and medication right leg (least obstructed) improvement in 48 hrs. Left leg pain drastically reduced and mobility returning. Sleeping better. Have been on this medication (with aspirin) for one week. Very optamistic, haven't felt this good in years.”

Dante G. · Taken for 10 years or more August 20, 2019

For Heart Attack: “Had a heart attack and angioplasty in 1992. I’ve been on aspirin since then and combined with Plavix in 1997. The artery they opened has long since totally closed. Colateral blood vessels give me good flow around 100 percent occlusion. I’m actually doing fantastic physically. Biking, hiking and before that basketball. Every doctor, and I’ve seen a few over the years, said they will never take me off either Plavix or aspirin.”

Cora · Taken for 10 years or more August 14, 2019

For Transient Ischemic Attack: “Have been on 75 mg Plavix and 81 mg aspirin for 14 years after having stent placed in carotid artery. Only side affect had been easy bruising UNTIL my last shipment clopidogrel from Dr. Reddy’s lab. Shape of pill has changed (now white & much larger). Now, after 30 days of use, I have very large dark purplish bruises on forearms. Looks like senile purpura. Need to find a another producer of generic Plavix!!”

ThickBlood December 20, 2015

For Heart Attack: “"RCA blockage of 95% in 2013, heart attack and 3 stents. Been on Plavix 75mg since. I am fortunate I don't hardly bleed and never hardly bruise. Wife says I got thick blood and a thick head!!! No side effects, no interactions with my other 7 meds. I had plavix stents and told would have to take this rest of my life. I'm not going to argue since my father died last month from a massive heart attack and it runs in the family strokes, heart attacks and diabetes.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 14, 2012

For Heart Attack: “I am 30 yrs old, I had a mild heart attack in the first week of May 2012 had 95% blockage. Had stent put in taking 75 mgs of Plavix and aspirin regimen. I bruise really easy but no side effects I know of yet.”

Clifford Churchill July 25, 2013

For Ischemic Stroke: “Was using generic clopidogrel and after having nose bleeds etc. Am now back on Plavix and have had no problems since. Will continue to use Plavix. I now receive the Plavix brand thanks to the card I received from the company.”

Lotus · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2019

For Peripheral Arterial Disease: “Lots of bruising and bleeding. The worst part now is hives every day only on one side of my body. It didn’t do anything to help after stents. My legs both got worse after surgery and plavix didn’t stop the stents from clogging up. I keep taking it until I see my PCP next week to see what to do. Vascular surgeon isn’t much help.”

luvliving · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2015

For Heart Attack: “Been on Plavix for 3 yrs, since I had a quad CABG surgery. Just had two additional stents put in on January 6, 2015. The first two stents were open no clots, no tissue build up, I do have some bruising but not extensive bleeding when I receive a cut. Thankful to stay alive”