User Reviews for Plavix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Plavix.

Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis

Transient Ischemic Attack

1 review 60 medications
Summary of Plavix reviews 8.2 41 reviews

Reviews for Plavix

For Platelet Aggregation Inhibition "I have Afib take this to stop any clotting. I've had no problems except minor bruising"

Donkey boy (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ischemic Stroke "Causes extensive bruising but is effective in it's role as a blood thinner."

dtilotta (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Peripheral Arterial Disease "5 months ago I started feeling a heartburn like pain in the am without any questions I called the EMS less then a half hour later I was told I was having a heart attack. 2 STENTS later at 81% clogged arteries I was told Plavix & Asprin would be with me forever. Till this day it has been working GREAT."

Stillworkingdad August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I seem just fine with plavix I just stay cold all the time and it takes a long time to stop the bleeding if I get a cut"

wendy1168 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Transient Ischemic Attack "After my VAD Stroke I am on plavix. I have a toddler that I still nurse. I looked up plavix for several days & talked to several doctors. Some said it was fine, some said it was not ok. After talking to so many people about it, I felt that it seemed ok to nurse on. I've been on it for a month and yesterday I realized that my 2yo is constipated. We are weaning ASAP now because I don't know what else it's doing to him, but it's definitely getting through. I just wanted to post this somewhere for other nursing moms to see. We are currently only nursing 2 times a day right now."

Nursing mother October 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis "It worked as advertised! Stroke free for 1.5 years now thanks to plavix"

Michael lamb (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack ""RCA blockage of 95% in 2013, heart attack and 3 stents. Been on Plavix 75mg since. I am fortunate I don't hardly bleed and never hardly bruise. Wife says I got thick blood and a thick head!!! No side effects, no interactions with my other 7 meds. I had plavix stents and told would have to take this rest of my life. I'm not going to argue since my father died last month from a massive heart attack and it runs in the family strokes, heart attacks and diabetes."

ThickBlood December 20, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack "my creatine level went from 6 to 9 after only 4 months of use. DO NOT USE FOR A PATIENT WITH CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES."

normWEST August 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ischemic Stroke "Problems: Nose bleed Significant Memory Loss and confusion Extreme Constipation"

Danost (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Platelet Aggregation Inhibition "I've been taking omeprazole for quite a time prior to being prescribed Plavix but NONE of the health professionals involved in my treatment have advised me to cease the Omeprazole even though it's regarded as unwise to. This worries me and I have ceased of my own accord until I can access my GP!"

fortee January 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack "Been on Plavix for 3 yrs, since I had a quad CABG surgery. Just had two additional stents put in on January 6, 2015. The first two stents were open no clots, no tissue build up, I do have some bruising but not extensive bleeding when I receive a cut. Thankful to stay alive"

luvliving (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I've had 2 stents and have been on Plavix for 12 years and apart from bruising easily and a bit more bleeding then normal it's been good."

borrisbb (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack "It was 2 1/2 years now and 14 total stents, Just had my last 3 placed 2 weeks ago. Been on Plavix from the first one, this medicine they say is what is keeping me alive, I am 42 a smoker, and trying to change everything. I feel like I have 3 to 4 heart attacks a day. If not for this medicine I would not be here. Not sure if any real side effects due to my health and other medicines so I feel it has saved my life."

rnrdr68752 April 21, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ischemic Stroke "Was using generic clopidogrel and after having nose bleeds etc. Am now back on Plavix and have had no problems since. Will continue to use Plavix. I now receive the Plavix brand thanks to the card I received from the company."

Clifford Churchill July 25, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Platelet Aggregation Inhibition "A ruptured brain aneurysm; placement of 10 coils and a stent, 75mg Plavix 325mg aspirin. Bruise like a peach and will get 3 dimensional bruising if I hit hard enough. Possibly some dizziness."

Day-Nee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ischemic Stroke "I switched from Crestor to Plavix after my doctors guidance and couldnt be happier with results."

Mickey_76 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Peripheral Arterial Disease "I've been taking Plavix 75 and a baby aspirin for 9 months now after stent placement in the back of my heart. So far no side effects except bruising. I am 65 yrs old, Male with heart disease. Can't take any statins because they cause too much leg muscle pain."

Mike1950 February 8, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ischemic Stroke "Fatigue, weakness, bad bruising, bleeding, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache."

11tilt68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Percutaneous Coronary Intervention "Have been on Plavix since 1/11 following ant. myocardial infarction with stents. Experienced moderate bruising. Have been taking generic medicine for the past 2 months but I am experiencing severe bruising. Will be seeing cardiologist in Oct. to get medically necessary prescription for brand Plavix."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I am 30 yrs old, I had a mild heart attack in the first week of May 2012 had 95% blockage. Had stent put in taking 75 mgs of Plavix and aspirin regimen. I bruise really easy but no side effects I know of yet."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "2004 single bypass followed by seven stents over 6 years, I've been on Plavix since the start and remain on it today. After 8 years, no problems from the medication. Now at 64 I continue to golf and ride bicycle, all at a moderate pace."

Anonymous July 13, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Peripheral Arterial Disease "After two stents and medication right leg (least obstructed) improvement in 48 hrs. Left leg pain drastically reduced and mobility returning. Sleeping better. Have been on this medication (with aspirin) for one week. Very optamistic, haven't felt this good in years."

Dustoff February 12, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I believe Plavix caused me anemia after less than 3 months. No bleeding, inside or out (confirmed by colonoscopy and endoscopy) but severely lowered Fe, Hb, hct levels. Started taking iron; in 15 days anemia disappeared and ENERGY returned in abundance. "

193408 February 5, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I have been taking PLAVIX from the day it came on the market because of my unique clotting problem. My heart doctor has me on both PLAVIX and 325 Mg of aspirin once daily. When I developed atrial fibrillation, they put me on warfarin also. Then I started having bleeding problems. They took me off the warfarin and I was fine on the PLAVIX and aspirin, no clot problems encountered."

Timeless September 13, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack "It has helped me a lot as I had a mini stroke not to long ago. It has been a life saver for me."

Anonymous June 2, 2011