User Reviews for Plavix to treat Ischemic Stroke

Plavix has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Ischemic Stroke. 67% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Plavix Rating Summary

6.6/10 average rating

Compare all 74 medications used in the treatment of Ischemic Stroke.

Robertec2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

“After the stroke, the Neurologist put me on Plavix with a strict warning about excessive bleeding. I was even told not to use a blade when shaving. I had a bad stroke and a difficult recovery with all kinds of issues, but after a paper cut that bled for 4 hours and a couple of all-day nose bleeds I ask to be taken off. The GP put me on low dose aspirin, which has worked well for me. I feel better and bleed normally now.”

Douglas May 15, 2020

“In 2010 I had a moderate (ha ha) stroke that was eventually attribute to a newly discovered PFO. Was put on aspirin first, then warfarin after some odd neurological symptoms a couple of months later. Hated it. Four months later was enrolled in a study of PFO closure and streamed into the medical arm, meaning plavix. Been on it since. Had a couple of minor neurological symptoms along the way (global amnesia) but otherwise have do e well, live normally and no complaints. Now age 65.”

Alf007 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

“I was placed on Plavix after having a stroke it was a silent stroke and I did not even know I had a stroke until I had an MRI and a CAT scan done. The cause of my stroke apparently was high cholesterol very high. I was placed on a starting dose of 300 mg then on a daily dose 75 mg for 90 days I am currently at the two month mark and will be taken off of it in October. I have not even noticed that I am on this medication, other than some bruises that I have developed mysteriously on my legs that are about The size of a dime to a half a dollar and about six of them at any given time.”

Slider June 25, 2018

“Small stroke: Only medicine I was on after Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure to fix a heart defect was Plavix and 81 Mg Aspirin. Was Tasked with being on plavix and aspirin for 90 days. First 3 weeks after PFO closure was great- no problems. Muscle & Joint pain presented itself with legs feeling heavy during 4th week along with extremities being cold. Started to become very tired & fatigue throughout the day. Knee and wrist hurting several time a day which continued for 5-6 weeks. Muscle pain did subside somewhat around week 9. Taste changed throughout use of Plavix which was accompanying by burning mouth and tongue. During last 4 weeks of use my vision became very blurry with constant low grade headache in back of head. Last but not least experienced tingling sensation in face, hands and toes during last 2 months of use. Had eye test, MRI on brain, a lot of blood work and exams by DR to check these symptoms out.- All normal. I'm hopeful this drug worked for my PFO but it did not agree with me at all.”

Clifford Churchill July 25, 2013

“Was using generic clopidogrel and after having nose bleeds etc. Am now back on Plavix and have had no problems since. Will continue to use Plavix. I now receive the Plavix brand thanks to the card I received from the company.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2019

“For nursing mom's looking for answers and reviews on breastfeeding and being on Plavix (clopidogrel) I was told this drug never been tested for nursing mom's and they recommended I quit nursing, another doctor thought I should be okay so I have nursed for 6 months on this medicine had my baby blood drawn twice and baby is completely fine!”

NOBUKO OBAKA EZAKI September 1, 2008

“Plavix has done wonders for me. I've tried other anti-clotting medicines; Plavix has provided a better quality of life for me.”