Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on March 5, 2021.
Generic name: CLOPIDOGREL BISULFATE 75mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Acute Coronary Syndrome
In patients who need an antiplatelet effect within hours, initiate Plavix with a single 300 mg oral loading dose and then continue at 75 mg once daily. Initiating Plavix without a loading dose will delay establishment of an antiplatelet effect by several days [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3) and Clinical Studies (14.1)].
Frequently asked questions
- How long does Plavix stay in the body once I stop taking it. How much Plavix is too much?
- Brilinta vs Plavix: what's the difference?
- Is ticagrelor better than clopidogrel?
More about Plavix (clopidogrel)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 54 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: platelet aggregation inhibitors
- FDA Alerts (6)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.