User Reviews for Clopidogrel

Percutaneous Coronary Intervention 4.0
Summary of Clopidogrel reviews 7.4 73 reviews

Reviews for Clopidogrel

Robertec2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: “After the stroke, the Neurologist put me on Plavix with a strict warning about excessive bleeding. I was even told not to use a blade when shaving. I had a bad stroke and a difficult recovery with all kinds of issues, but after a paper cut that bled for 4 hours and a couple of all-day nose bleeds I ask to be taken off. The GP put me on low dose aspirin, which has worked well for me. I feel better and bleed normally now.”

Douglas May 15, 2020

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: “In 2010 I had a moderate (ha ha) stroke that was eventually attribute to a newly discovered PFO. Was put on aspirin first, then warfarin after some odd neurological symptoms a couple of months later. Hated it. Four months later was enrolled in a study of PFO closure and streamed into the medical arm, meaning plavix. Been on it since. Had a couple of minor neurological symptoms along the way (global amnesia) but otherwise have do e well, live normally and no complaints. Now age 65.”

Dalewaden · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2020

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis: “I discontinued clopidogrel . I was profusely bleeding with minimal scratches. A small opening would bleed 4 feet before clotting, making a mess of clothing, sheets, etc.; and being really embarrassing.”

AKFletcher · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2020

For Acute Coronary Syndrome: “Heart attack on 6th December, 5 days in coronary ward. Given this drug and after a month I developed painful joints, wheezing in chest, shallow breathing at night, racing heart beat, Itchy flaky skin on right foot. Red spots and swelling, moving up to just below the knee. Told DR It was medication related. Doctor gave me a course of fluclox antibiotics, thinking it was an infection / cellulitis. Didn't touch it! Yesterday forgot to take meds in morning, foot felt better, less itchy. Took meds around 7pm, rash started itching again, skin cracking and sore. Using raw coconut oil to soften skin and provide anti-inflammatory relief, which is working well. Tried steroid cream, had to wash it off as increased rash and more painful. Today decided to stop using clobidogrel. Lower leg feels less itchy. Hope this helps someone else.”

Lotus · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2019

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Peripheral Arterial Disease: “Lots of bruising and bleeding. The worst part now is hives every day only on one side of my body. It didn’t do anything to help after stents. My legs both got worse after surgery and plavix didn’t stop the stents from clogging up. I keep taking it until I see my PCP next week to see what to do. Vascular surgeon isn’t much help.”

sirius1 · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2019

For Ischemic Stroke: “it's kind of hard to tell if it's doing his job but all I can say is that 75 milligrams doesn't give me any side effects , no bleeding or any kind. When I arrived at the emergency for my stroke they gave me 5 of this ,plus another one hat I don't know about. I almost reverted back to normal but the day after I had those effects of a mild stroke. Problems with right arm and leg. Aspirins give me ringing in the ears, this is why I was prescribed this drug instead.”

jserrent · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 16, 2019

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis: “Mild TIA 6 yrs. Ago . Was already on one 81mg Aspirin a day when it happened. They put me on Crestor to literally crush the LDL cholesterol and a horrendous drug that I could not tolerate called Aggrenox ....( a beefed up version of aspirin with a vasodilator). I had to stop when the daily headaches and ringing in the ears became unbearable. They switched me to my usual aspirin and 75mg of Plavix daily. Thank God 6 years later and no more episodes. I feel nothing from the Plavix and bruise very little from the Plavix. So it makes me wonder at times if it's working at all ??? Apparently there are some people who lack an enzyme to process it and there are tests for this. Has anyone received such a test ??? And if so did your insurance cover it ?”

Alf007 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: “I was placed on Plavix after having a stroke it was a silent stroke and I did not even know I had a stroke until I had an MRI and a CAT scan done. The cause of my stroke apparently was high cholesterol very high. I was placed on a starting dose of 300 mg then on a daily dose 75 mg for 90 days I am currently at the two month mark and will be taken off of it in October. I have not even noticed that I am on this medication, other than some bruises that I have developed mysteriously on my legs that are about The size of a dime to a half a dollar and about six of them at any given time.”

Dante G. · Taken for 10 years or more August 20, 2019

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: “Had a heart attack and angioplasty in 1992. I’ve been on aspirin since then and combined with Plavix in 1997. The artery they opened has long since totally closed. Colateral blood vessels give me good flow around 100 percent occlusion. I’m actually doing fantastic physically. Biking, hiking and before that basketball. Every doctor, and I’ve seen a few over the years, said they will never take me off either Plavix or aspirin.”

Cora · Taken for 10 years or more August 14, 2019

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Transient Ischemic Attack: “Have been on 75 mg Plavix and 81 mg aspirin for 14 years after having stent placed in carotid artery. Only side affect had been easy bruising UNTIL my last shipment clopidogrel from Dr. Reddy’s lab. Shape of pill has changed (now white & much larger). Now, after 30 days of use, I have very large dark purplish bruises on forearms. Looks like senile purpura. Need to find a another producer of generic Plavix!!”

Sued · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2019

For Transient Ischemic Attack: “I’ve been prescribed Clopidogrel for a suspected TIA no evidence was found on examination or investigations. My symptoms were confined to my right eye. Since being on this med I have experienced gum bleeding when brushing teeth, loose stools, tummy ache and feel like I have influenza. I can’t function like this as I live alone. I’m persevering for a few more days (only began taking 4 days ago) to see if it eases, then will go back to my GP.”

SH · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

For Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: “I have been taking the generic for Plavix. I was taking the pill APO CL75 manufactured by Apotex with our any problem. My druggist on my last prescription filled my generic for Plavix with the pill R 196 manufactured by Dr. Reddy's Laboratory. After the switch I have experienced ankle swelling. I do not know but highly suspect that this last pill is causing the swelling and wonder if this pill is the same. Interesting!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2019

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: “For nursing mom's looking for answers and reviews on breastfeeding and being on Plavix (clopidogrel) I was told this drug never been tested for nursing mom's and they recommended I quit nursing, another doctor thought I should be okay so I have nursed for 6 months on this medicine had my baby blood drawn twice and baby is completely fine!”

Mel · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 29, 2018

For Peripheral Arterial Disease: “I have been on Plavix for about 5 years since I had a stent place. Since I have been on this medication my bruising is horrific. I have severe calf and leg pain I had a complete ultrasound and doppler done Vascular surgeon doesn't see anything. I don't know what to do anymore Cardiologist told me I need to take Plavix for the rest of my life I am getting a second opinion for sure... Has anyone experience this”

Sunshine · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 3, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: “Heart Attack 2010. Stent in right coronary artery (RCA). Was on Brand name Plavix for 6 years 75mg. Switched to generic 2 years ago. I have noticed bruises and my ALT (liver enyzeme) has gone up. The first time ever. I am a phlebotomist. Trying to find coupon for Brand Name Coupon.”

Renate · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: “I had a heart attack in June 2017, Angioplasty with one stent also, have been on much medication including Plavix since. Why was Plavix recently discontinued 'cold turkey'. I am feeling ok but very dizzy, but I am a very old person.”

Slider June 25, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: “Small stroke: Only medicine I was on after Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure to fix a heart defect was Plavix and 81 Mg Aspirin. Was Tasked with being on plavix and aspirin for 90 days. First 3 weeks after PFO closure was great- no problems. Muscle & Joint pain presented itself with legs feeling heavy during 4th week along with extremities being cold. Started to become very tired & fatigue throughout the day. Knee and wrist hurting several time a day which continued for 5-6 weeks. Muscle pain did subside somewhat around week 9. Taste changed throughout use of Plavix which was accompanying by burning mouth and tongue. During last 4 weeks of use my vision became very blurry with constant low grade headache in back of head. Last but not least experienced tingling sensation in face, hands and toes during last 2 months of use. Had eye test, MRI on brain, a lot of blood work and exams by DR to check these symptoms out.- All normal. I'm hopeful this drug worked for my PFO but it did not agree with me at all.”

anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2018

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis: “I have a disgusting sour taste in my mouth since taking Clopidogrel and Amlodipine. Has anyone else experienced this and if so can they link it to either of these meds?”

thinker2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 18, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: “Advised to take Plavix after have a drug-eluting stent (DES). Caused bone marrow suppression resulting in 4 blood transfusions after 6 weeks of use. DANGEROUS DRUG”

Dr.Alaa · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: “I used this drug as substitute for birlique which induce very dangerous side affictes”

Roberta1947 January 8, 2018

For Ischemic Stroke: “Three Ischemic Strokes in July 2002. Had carotid endarterectomy and graft of the inner left carotid. Taking Plavix (clopidogrel) since August 2002. The first 6 months I had bruising..a lot. Some chest tightness for a week or so. Had a Stress Test which showed long suspected heart abnormalities. Now, Jan.2018.”

Donkey boy · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 9, 2017

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: “I have Afib take this to stop any clotting. I've had no problems except minor bruising”

dtilotta · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 1, 2017

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: “Causes extensive bruising but is effective in it's role as a blood thinner.”

Stillworkingdad August 28, 2017

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Peripheral Arterial Disease: “5 months ago I started feeling a heartburn like pain in the am without any questions I called the EMS less then a half hour later I was told I was having a heart attack. 2 STENTS later at 81% clogged arteries I was told Plavix & Asprin would be with me forever. Till this day it has been working GREAT.”

nio mass · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2017

For Heart Attack: “After taking the 75mg drug for MI, I feel like I was about to die. A deadly headache and full body pain came. Still, after 15 hours I feel very bad.”