User Reviews for Clopidogrel

Transient Ischemic Attack

Percutaneous Coronary Intervention

Summary of Clopidogrel reviews 7.7 59 reviews

Reviews for Clopidogrel

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "Heart Attack 2010. Stent in right coronary artery (RCA). Was on Brand name Plavix for 6 years 75mg. Switched to generic 2 years ago. I have noticed bruises and my ALT (liver enyzeme) has gone up. The first time ever. I am a phlebotomist. Trying to find coupon for Brand Name Coupon."

Sunshine (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "I had a heart attack in June 2017, Angioplasty with one stent also, have been on much medication including Plavix since. Why was Plavix recently discontinued 'cold turkey'. I am feeling ok but very dizzy, but I am a very old person."

Renate (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 17, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: "Small stroke: Only medicine I was on after Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure to fix a heart defect was Plavix and 81 Mg Aspirin. Was Tasked with being on plavix and aspirin for 90 days. First 3 weeks after PFO closure was great- no problems. Muscle & Joint pain presented itself with legs feeling heavy during 4th week along with extremities being cold. Started to become very tired & fatigue throughout the day. Knee and wrist hurting several time a day which continued for 5-6 weeks. Muscle pain did subside somewhat around week 9. Taste changed throughout use of Plavix which was accompanying by burning mouth and tongue. During last 4 weeks of use my vision became very blurry with constant low grade headache in back of head. Last but not least experienced tingling sensation in face, hands and toes during last 2 months of use. Had eye test, MRI on brain, a lot of blood work and exams by DR to check these symptoms out.- All normal. I'm hopeful this drug worked for my PFO but it did not agree with me at all."

Slider June 25, 2018

For Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis: "I have a disgusting sour taste in my mouth since taking Clopidogrel and Amlodipine. Has anyone else experienced this and if so can they link it to either of these meds?"

anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: "Advised to take Plavix after have a drug-eluting stent (DES). Caused bone marrow suppression resulting in 4 blood transfusions after 6 weeks of use. DANGEROUS DRUG"

thinker2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: "I used this drug as substitute for birlique which induce very dangerous side affictes"

Dr.Alaa (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

For Ischemic Stroke: "Three Ischemic Strokes in July 2002. Had carotid endarterectomy and graft of the inner left carotid. Taking Plavix (clopidogrel) since August 2002. The first 6 months I had bruising..a lot. Some chest tightness for a week or so. Had a Stress Test which showed long suspected heart abnormalities. Now, Jan.2018."

Roberta1947 January 8, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: "I have Afib take this to stop any clotting. I've had no problems except minor bruising"

Donkey boy (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2017

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: "Causes extensive bruising but is effective in it's role as a blood thinner."

dtilotta (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Peripheral Arterial Disease: "5 months ago I started feeling a heartburn like pain in the am without any questions I called the EMS less then a half hour later I was told I was having a heart attack. 2 STENTS later at 81% clogged arteries I was told Plavix & Asprin would be with me forever. Till this day it has been working GREAT."

Stillworkingdad August 28, 2017

For Heart Attack: "After taking the 75mg drug for MI, I feel like I was about to die. A deadly headache and full body pain came. Still, after 15 hours I feel very bad."

nio mass (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "I seem just fine with plavix I just stay cold all the time and it takes a long time to stop the bleeding if I get a cut"

wendy1168 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2017

For Peripheral Arterial Disease: "Provided under hospitalization. The drug should be used cautiously. Diabetics have to be very careful. Even a simple prick for a routine blood sugar test my yield more blood than usual. The drug is effective for decreasing heat murmur. "

Gus Ry February 24, 2017

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Transient Ischemic Attack: "After my VAD Stroke I am on plavix. I have a toddler that I still nurse. I looked up plavix for several days & talked to several doctors. Some said it was fine, some said it was not ok. After talking to so many people about it, I felt that it seemed ok to nurse on. I've been on it for a month and yesterday I realized that my 2yo is constipated. We are weaning ASAP now because I don't know what else it's doing to him, but it's definitely getting through. I just wanted to post this somewhere for other nursing moms to see. We are currently only nursing 2 times a day right now."

Nursing mother October 11, 2016

For Ischemic Stroke: "some of the side affects I've noticed are dizziness , bruising and bleeding none of which is in my opinion is not that bad and tolerable"

dylan69 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2016

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis: "It worked as advertised! Stroke free for 1.5 years now thanks to plavix"

Michael lamb (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2016

For Heart Attack: "I have been on medication 7 months. Have severe headaches, weakness, dizziness, pressure in head, vision problems. So far no recommendations from doctors to discontinue. MRI just done, no results yet, but symptoms unbearable. My life rearranged since on this medicine."

Flowerchild1960 March 28, 2016

For Transient Ischemic Attack: "I've been taking this medicine for a little over 6 months. I am a 66 yr. old female. In 2014, I lost 30 pds. on purpose, so I have been feeling good, except age-related pain in my hip joints. I've just realized recently that I'm no longer feeling pain in my joints. Nothing has changed in my life except the addition of this medicine. So...I've concluded this is a POSITIVE side effect from taking this medicine."

Gramma of 13! February 3, 2016

For Heart Attack: "My father experienced TIA symptoms, taste disturbance, severe weight loss, nausea, pins and needles, speech difficulties and a few hallucinations or visual disturbances over the first eight days of taking clopidogrel with repeated admissions to hospital. He was treated as if he had a TIA although no evidence for it and removed from clopidogrel for ten days during which all symptoms ceased and he returned to normal. He then resumed clopidogrel and the symptoms returned but after a couple of weeks he went into an increasing decline with pain radiating from his lower back, depression, increasing frequency of visual disturbance constipation lethargy, confusion. He was taken off clopidogrel after five weeks and all pain, loss of appetite etc left"

Bo'sun (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2015

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: ""RCA blockage of 95% in 2013, heart attack and 3 stents. Been on Plavix 75mg since. I am fortunate I don't hardly bleed and never hardly bruise. Wife says I got thick blood and a thick head!!! No side effects, no interactions with my other 7 meds. I had plavix stents and told would have to take this rest of my life. I'm not going to argue since my father died last month from a massive heart attack and it runs in the family strokes, heart attacks and diabetes."

ThickBlood December 20, 2015

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "my creatine level went from 6 to 9 after only 4 months of use. DO NOT USE FOR A PATIENT WITH CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES."

normWEST August 14, 2015

For Heart Attack: "This medication has been nothing but a problem for me. I have nose bleeds 5 plus times a day and spend hours a day making them stop. I feel as though I am starting to have arthritis in my hands from applying pressure. I am 33 years old and was a marathon runner then a blocked artery but an end to that and introduced me to this nightmare medication called "PLAVIX" I think the best gift I have ever received was my doctor telling me to take half a dose a day. However when they found out I was happy and nose bleed free they said maybe I should be on a full dose. This medication makes me feel like I am a 400 pound 85 year old man. My blood even turned pink and one point. Overall still on this medication because of doctors order but do not like it."

Got To Be Another Way August 12, 2015

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: "Problems: Nose bleed Significant Memory Loss and confusion Extreme Constipation"

Danost (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: "I've been taking omeprazole for quite a time prior to being prescribed Plavix but NONE of the health professionals involved in my treatment have advised me to cease the Omeprazole even though it's regarded as unwise to. This worries me and I have ceased of my own accord until I can access my GP!"

fortee January 22, 2015

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "Been on Plavix for 3 yrs, since I had a quad CABG surgery. Just had two additional stents put in on January 6, 2015. The first two stents were open no clots, no tissue build up, I do have some bruising but not extensive bleeding when I receive a cut. Thankful to stay alive"

luvliving (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2015