User Reviews for Clopidogrel to treat Ischemic Stroke

Also known as: Plavix

Clopidogrel has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Ischemic Stroke. 69% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 23% reported a negative effect.

Clopidogrel Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 71 medications used in the treatment of Ischemic Stroke.

Reviews for Clopidogrel

Robertec2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Plavix (clopidogrel): “After the stroke, the Neurologist put me on Plavix with a strict warning about excessive bleeding. I was even told not to use a blade when shaving. I had a bad stroke and a difficult recovery with all kinds of issues, but after a paper cut that bled for 4 hours and a couple of all-day nose bleeds I ask to be taken off. The GP put me on low dose aspirin, which has worked well for me. I feel better and bleed normally now.”

Slider June 25, 2018

Plavix (clopidogrel): “Small stroke: Only medicine I was on after Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure to fix a heart defect was Plavix and 81 Mg Aspirin. Was Tasked with being on plavix and aspirin for 90 days. First 3 weeks after PFO closure was great- no problems. Muscle & Joint pain presented itself with legs feeling heavy during 4th week along with extremities being cold. Started to become very tired & fatigue throughout the day. Knee and wrist hurting several time a day which continued for 5-6 weeks. Muscle pain did subside somewhat around week 9. Taste changed throughout use of Plavix which was accompanying by burning mouth and tongue. During last 4 weeks of use my vision became very blurry with constant low grade headache in back of head. Last but not least experienced tingling sensation in face, hands and toes during last 2 months of use. Had eye test, MRI on brain, a lot of blood work and exams by DR to check these symptoms out.- All normal. I'm hopeful this drug worked for my PFO but it did not agree with me at all.”

Alf007 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

Plavix (clopidogrel): “I was placed on Plavix after having a stroke it was a silent stroke and I did not even know I had a stroke until I had an MRI and a CAT scan done. The cause of my stroke apparently was high cholesterol very high. I was placed on a starting dose of 300 mg then on a daily dose 75 mg for 90 days I am currently at the two month mark and will be taken off of it in October. I have not even noticed that I am on this medication, other than some bruises that I have developed mysteriously on my legs that are about The size of a dime to a half a dollar and about six of them at any given time.”

Clifford Churchill July 25, 2013

Plavix (clopidogrel): “Was using generic clopidogrel and after having nose bleeds etc. Am now back on Plavix and have had no problems since. Will continue to use Plavix. I now receive the Plavix brand thanks to the card I received from the company.”

Douglas May 15, 2020

Plavix (clopidogrel): “In 2010 I had a moderate (ha ha) stroke that was eventually attribute to a newly discovered PFO. Was put on aspirin first, then warfarin after some odd neurological symptoms a couple of months later. Hated it. Four months later was enrolled in a study of PFO closure and streamed into the medical arm, meaning plavix. Been on it since. Had a couple of minor neurological symptoms along the way (global amnesia) but otherwise have do e well, live normally and no complaints. Now age 65.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 2, 2019

Plavix (clopidogrel): “For nursing mom's looking for answers and reviews on breastfeeding and being on Plavix (clopidogrel) I was told this drug never been tested for nursing mom's and they recommended I quit nursing, another doctor thought I should be okay so I have nursed for 6 months on this medicine had my baby blood drawn twice and baby is completely fine!”

sirius1 · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2019

“it's kind of hard to tell if it's doing his job but all I can say is that 75 milligrams doesn't give me any side effects , no bleeding or any kind. When I arrived at the emergency for my stroke they gave me 5 of this ,plus another one hat I don't know about. I almost reverted back to normal but the day after I had those effects of a mild stroke. Problems with right arm and leg. Aspirins give me ringing in the ears, this is why I was prescribed this drug instead.”

Roberta1947 January 8, 2018

“Three Ischemic Strokes in July 2002. Had carotid endarterectomy and graft of the inner left carotid. Taking Plavix (clopidogrel) since August 2002. The first 6 months I had bruising..a lot. Some chest tightness for a week or so. Had a Stress Test which showed long suspected heart abnormalities. Now, Jan.2018.”

NOBUKO OBAKA EZAKI September 1, 2008

Plavix (clopidogrel): “Plavix has done wonders for me. I've tried other anti-clotting medicines; Plavix has provided a better quality of life for me.”

11tilt68 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 25, 2012

Plavix (clopidogrel): “Fatigue, weakness, bad bruising, bleeding, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache.”

Danost · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2015

Plavix (clopidogrel): “Problems: Nose bleed Significant Memory Loss and confusion Extreme Constipation”

Mickey_76 · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2013

Plavix (clopidogrel): “I switched from Crestor to Plavix after my doctors guidance and couldnt be happier with results.”

dtilotta · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 1, 2017

Plavix (clopidogrel): “Causes extensive bruising but is effective in it's role as a blood thinner.”

dylan69 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 31, 2016

“some of the side affects I've noticed are dizziness , bruising and bleeding none of which is in my opinion is not that bad and tolerable”

Hornor209 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2021

Plavix (clopidogrel): “Plavix causes severe itching, on A 1/2 dose every two days, so I can’t take it or take pletal.”