User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 2)

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention

5.6

Coronary Artery Disease

Summary of Lisinopril reviews 6.2 418 reviews

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I am extremely sensative to prescriptions/medications. I do not take anything on a daily basis, but do take Advil, Musinex, and Aspirin as needed. After only a few days of taking 10mg I am so weak/tired I cannot function or drive. I am always "tired" but this is different. The first things that I noticed were SEVERE lower right back pain, tingling/numbness in my hands and feet, nausea, and ringing in my ears. Now I have swelling, a bad taste on the back of my tongue, slight shortness of breath, but if I am active it is bad and my heart pounds, burning pain similar to heart burn, and extreme weakness. I am not on others meds and did not have these symptoms until after I took this. I have only taken 3 pills in total."

Sickchick71 July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed 10-20mg daily for high blood pressure. I do believe it did what it was supposed to do, and much more. While taking it, I developed a very annoying throat tickle which was accompanied by excessive mucus production in my throat. This would happen during the day and also went on all night to the point I would wake up literally gagging until I got it all hacked up. It got progressively worse the longer I took it and my wife was at her wits end with my excessive snoring. Also, I found that I was much less alert while on the drug to the point I rear ended at car on my commute to work one morning. I would highly advise anyone to take this medication with extreme caution. I have since stopped taking and all side effects are gone."

Rickey Bobby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Lisinopril for 6 months. I started having a dry cough around 4 months ago. I cannot live like this. I am also tired all the time. I notice other people have said this happened to them after taking Lisinopril. I really don't like this medicine and want to stop taking it as soon as possible. Bad drug."

skye_solo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: "My GP Doctor changed my blood pressure medicine from 5mg Amlodipine Besylate/50mg Metoprolol to 5mg Lisinopril/50mg Metoprolol to protect my kidneys. Over a forty day period my Lisinopril dosage was increased in stages from 5mg to 40mg in an attempt to get the same BP results I had with Amlodipine. Prior to taking Lisinopril my blood pressure was around 135/75. As the amount of Lisinopril was increased my blood pressure kept increasing. After 40 days it was around 175/85 (maximum 200/100). I take my blood pressure 3 -4 times per day. I experienced increased confusion, tiredness, dizziness, weakness and constipation as the dosage of Lisinopril was increased. I went back on Amlodipine and made an appointment with my Cardiologist."

Jerrs (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure went from 150/95 to a consistent 120/75 in no time. Probably the most effective medicine I ever took. No side effects whatsoever. This medicine has the potential to save your life if you are living with high blood pressure."

Joelm2006 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "After a week of taking Lisinopril, I started coughing, a productive cough. My doctor prescribed anti-biotics and allergy meds and I took them for almost a month with no relief. He then prescribed steriods and a cough med with codeine. I was okay for a week but my productive coughing came back. I told my doctor it maybe caused by Lisinopril but he said that the side effect of it is dry cough but mine is productive cough. After 3 months, my doctor said I could seek for a 2nd opinion and referred me to an ENT for a laryngoscopy. The result, my nose and throat are normal. The ENT doctor told me my coughing was due to Lisinopril. I stopped taking Lisinopril and after 2 weeks my coughing stops. I hate Lisinopril."

Rhinah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Taking this medication for a few months eczema started to appear in many parts of my body. I stopped it to see if that was the cause, and voilà! Eczema gone, took two more doses after three days and the eczema started right back up; the marks are there after a month of not taking it. It did not lower my BP that much anyway."

Fifi1 June 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Severe intestinal angio endema began within 2 weeks of taking this drug. Caused an anal fissure which is extremely painful and had to be cauterized. All symptoms disappeared within a week of discontinuing this drug. Not sure if it matters, but my blood type is AB-."

severe reaction (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking it for 2 years but feel very tired and need many times to nap in mod afternoon Vision has become blurry especially in the mornings after taking the pill Can anybody tell me if this pill should be in the morning ? Stool has softened but is is not the problem I am very worried specially after reading these reviews ....perhaps I should seek alternate options"

FernandoL June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Tired all the time, asleep more than awake. My legs are tired and aching so much they prevent me walking"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug gave me drug induced lupus"

Christine Stetson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "After taking this medicine for some 2 years I started to get swelling in the eye areas. Twice it just swelled up around the upper eye lids. Last night, during the night it swelled up completely the other eye, went to emergency room and the whole time I thought it was just allergies. The doctor said it was lisinopril and if I don't stop taking it, it could swell up the neck area and close off the breathing. If you are having this swelling, be sure to tell your doctor."

58 year male May 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this for literally years. One day I started swelling. Got a horrible rash and was told I have Angeoedema because of the Lisinopril. Not only that I was told I may have this thing come back for years to come. I am diabetic so the steroids they use to treat the Angeoedema cause my sugars to go dangerously high. I find this unacceptable. The Doctor at the hospital told me this is common. This drug is dangerous and the company knows it and down plays this common complication as if it were rare."

Anonymous May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I started on 10 mg a few months ago and its lowered my BP some, but not enough. No noticed side effects and tomorrow I go back to Dr to see if I should up the dosage."

Kjls joan May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Beware I felt same like my heart was racing I just took it for 2 weeks then I just got off it but I just learned not to quit it all at once could be very dangerous slowly get off pill ask your doctor this pill is very bad horrible I haven't felt the same since I took it beware"

Anonymous April 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this for high blood pressure I felt lightheaded like I was gonna faint Then I had a lot of gas and loose stools Lethargic sick feeling I skipped a day So felt a lot better decided to try again Today took it at noon I just kept feeling weaker and weaker I could barely walk I had awful gas in my chest was tight I felt awful all day all night I only took a half Of a 10 mg each time I am not taking this again no thanks I would rather have high blood pressure I felt better then lol"

A54ok April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "In 1 week I had Joint pain, back pain, confusion, mood swings, loss of vision, panic attacks, out of body sensations. Doctor asked me to describe exactly why I wanted off of this medicine: Best way I can describe it is.. "it's like I'm taking poison". No joke. Beware."

Ry322111 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I been taking lisinopril about 3 months ago I have to said it works for me until now, I been having body aches, stomach pain, dry cough and also confusion..I haven't take it for the last couple of day and my blood pressure is 156/91 I'm afraid to take it again..I've been trying home remedies to lower my blood pressure..beware of this medication!!"

Joanne70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "My doc just put me on this stuff last week, the first afternoon I took it, I was just so spaced out, and walking around in a fog, I hated it. I thought I would take it before bed, so the fog would at lest be while I slept. WRONG! Took it around 10:00 PM, went to bed at about 11:30, fell asleep ok, THEN... woke up at 1:00 AM, with pounding heart, and mild chest pain. Was awake until 5:00 AM, slept maybe an hour, then had to get up for my day. didn't take it the next night, and decided to take the next day in the afternoon. Well, here I am, feeling like garbage, and reading all the bad reviews. Not going to take anymore of it. Thanks to all who shared."

Sawin April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Poison- don't take this! Lots of terrible side effects, it got so bad that I lost my far vision at the store one day, I could only see things within a foot or two. It took 10 minutes for my vision to return to normal. Poison!"

Pleasefindbettermeds (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "This stuff is pure poison plain and simple and anybody trying to portray this as a "medication" should be jailed. I hadn't been to a doctor in 44 years when the V.A. insisted that my BP was so high they couldn't put me into their database unless I took a BP "medication. Day one, "immediately" I fell off a cliff with side effects that were the same as daily doses of deadly "poisons". The "doctor",HA! says "keep taking it you'll get used to it. 10 weeks go by and, I continue to complain and the doctor continues to say "keep taking it you'll get used to it! Well, in 10 weeks I lost 32lbs. of solid muscle, I also had every side effect that the "hidden literature" listed that no-one bothered to tell me about !"

Enlightened Barbarian March 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Attack: "Bad rash on feet"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I can take this at 1.25 mg per day and it sets my BP at about 130/75 steadily. I was running about 150/90 before. I started at 2.5 mg (doc wanted 5 mg) and was a little short of breath. Went to 1.25 mg and it's plenty. If you are taking a larger dose try taking less before giving up from side effects. I can stop taking this for a few days and my BP stays low for about 3-4 days even. I am wondering if I am having some body achy-ness and foot pain from this though. Also a bit more mucous when on this. Not sure whether to try something else as this is effective for the BP. And dirt cheap."

momtokippy March 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug was quite effective for me for a long time. While I did cough some while taking it, it was never bothersome. Just recently, I did halt taking lisinopril, as I began experiencing facial and head tingling. I initially thought it was possibly stress or the multivitamins I also take. However, after eliminating the lisinopril, the facial and head tingling stopped, virtually immediately. So, as with anything, medications sometimes need to be re-evaluated for one's body."

Yvonnes February 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking lisinopril 10 mg about two months ago it was ok untill two weeks ago stools started to get real soft then got dirreaha very gassy wind all day. I never had problems with my bowels I'm 79 years old so I'm going off them and then going on another by pill."

Hotgrammy. ni (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017