User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 2)

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

7.1

5 reviews
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 5.7 457 reviews

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I have had pre hypertension for years but then went higher so doc recommended this. No side effects that I notice but because my bp varies so much -it can hit 140's sometimes and then drop to 110 at nite. It really can drop big time with a glass of vino. I definitely have white coat syndrome-160 at docs then down to 130's or lower after I leave- at nite sometimes 105 or lower below 100! I have been taking it off and on and debated with my doc about it -he says take it...I have no idea what to do ! but it does protect all the organs..(20 mg lisinopril)"

ralph kramden (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Norvasc had been working nicely, all of a sudden microalbumin levels went high. Went on lisinopril and both upper and lower numbers went to 180/105. Not impressed. Doesn't work, wouldn't recommend. Doctor is moving to yet another BP med."

panam December 15, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this stuff for 40mg/day 4 months now and I haven't noticed any significant decrease in BP. I have to say I'm ready to get off of it. I've already gained 90 lbs, my sex drive is non-existent, I break out in hives from head-to-toe several times a week, I have constant diarrhea interspersed with prolonged bouts of constipation. I've noticed in the mirror that my one eye seems to be bigger than the other. My hair has been falling out in clumps, I have constant back and abdominal pain. I used to be 6'2" tall but now suddenly I've shrunk to 6'0". I've developed female breasts and facial acne as if I'm still 13 years old. I'm going to my doctor next week to have him put me on something else..."

Woody Woodman December 6, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Lisinopril for 3 years with no change in my BP. In fact, it has slowly risen over 3 years. I bring this up with my doctor but she says that is due to white coat effect. My BP now reads between 170/90 - 200/110 at the doctor's office, at work and at home. I've been going to the gym now for 3 years, including using the stair master 3-4 times per week. Should I fire my doctor? Ask for another treatment? Is this normal?"

Ikonrahu December 3, 2017

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: "I only take 2.5mgs once a day to hopefully prevent any kidney issues from diabetes. So I'm not positive if the drug is the problem but I recently found myself without the medication for about a month then saw my primary who gave me a new script. It seems to lower BP but fortunately mine was not really too far above normal but once I started up taking this medication I also started back up with feeling so sick like I'm dying from something!! Every muscle and joint in my body is throbbing and hurting almost beyond what I can stand!! Its the absolute worst feeling and wouldn't wish it on anyone!!! Unfortunately I haven't seen any other real complaints of people feeling this way so I can say 100% its the Lisinopril or I would stop it immediately!!!"

Timthetoolman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 29, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking this horrible drug for about 9 months. I slowly began to feel more fatigued until I had extreme fatigue where I could not function at work and was sleeping up to 18 hours per day. I was constantly lightheaded and it got to where I did not want to stand at all. I was also nauseated, had extreme brain fog, and became abnormally moody because if this. I had no time left at work and will probably have to take a warning because of the time I did have off. I figured it out without help from my doctor. They would not believe me so I took myself off and I am trying lifestyle changes, fish oil, and baby aspirin. I feel much better after only 3 days off this medication. I would never take this again."

Coconut6373 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking Lisinopril with Hydrochlorothiazide for about a year. Have been experiencing dry cough and dizziness. Also, it has not controlled blood pressure. Recently, have been coughing harder and longer. At my last visit, my doctor changed my medicine stating that it can cause angioedema. My siblings have had the same experience. Bad Drug. Do research before taking any medication."

Medchecker3 November 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Tried to control bp of 140/100 with cardio. It's not working anymore. So I finally got on liso 5mg. It's only day 3. So side effects could come on. Medicine worked almost immediately. Dropped to 120-130/75-90. I haven't felt this great in a long time. Barring no future side effects.....this is awesome."

Jason 37 yr (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I’ve been taking this drug for about a week (half a pill once a day). I experienced dizzy feeling then last night after a nap, I went to restroom and to my dismay when I checked my face in the mirror the left bottom part of my lip was very swollen. Scared me so much that when I checked my blood pressure it was 186/114. I calmed down, took a hot shower and checked my pressure and it was back to normal. Today my lip is almost back to normal. I’ll never take this again. Like other reviews I’ve read I will continue to eat right and exercise. I’m not over weight at all and I will overcome the condition. Maybe the drug helped to bring the pressure under control but now I’ll keep it there."

2718 November 19, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Been taking lisiniprol for 7 years with great results. The side effects have been minor with nauseous. And dry cough. Until now I have been coughing every day with a spell of that nauseating. Feeling everyday that is is time to change drug after reading everyone is having similar side effects."

Tanaca2 November 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Blood pressure was constantly 170-190 over 90-125. My Dr. prescribed lisinopril and immediately my b.p. has returned to normal of 120-130 over 70-80. Only side effects is sometimes a light dizziness if I stand up to fast."

Jeffnktown (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "6 months at 2.5 mg a day. A little dizzy at first now take before bedtime. Pressure was 160-110 now around 130-80. Random dry cough lasts about 10 minutes and goes away quicker if I don't cough real hard. Also very detailed vivid dreams but not bad or nightmares. 52 years old exercise 3 times a week and 20 lbs overweight for 6 Ft. Don't like pills but feel much better. No more pounding heart at rest, but need a 1/2 hour nap after 8 HR work. Nap could be age related though! I'll stick with this for awhile."

Cl1711384-g November 13, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Been taking it for about 6 month and the refill I got for this month has made me feel horrible, I have been light headed to the point of almost passing out, really short of breath and tired all day. I don’t know if they changed something in them now or what but I am done taking this stuff, I feel like I am poisoning my body. I’ll just eat better now and exercise more"

Horrible pill (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor put me on lisinopril 10mg and the first few weeks was alright. Then I started coughing and eyes running water and nose running. Got to the point I would cough until I was about to vomit. I stop taking them it as it was making me sicker."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisiniprol has been pretty effective for me. I do go to the health spa 5-6 days /week for 45-50 minutes plus 10 minute swim / Jacuzzi. My blood pressure has normalized to around 125/75-80. I recently asked the Dr. if I really needed to stay on the medication. She indicated that if I started feeling dizzy/lightheaded, it means that the medicine is not needed. I did have periods where I felt lethargic and tired, but could not figure out why. I also noticed that I experienced some brief 10-15 second balance and coordination issues. Did not encounter some of the other reported side-effects."

Tom V. October 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Appears to be working fine. 10 mg. taken daily along with Metoprolol Tartrate 25 mg. twice daily has reduced my blood pressure from 150 over 80 before my heart attack and bypass surgery to 116 over 64 after the surgery and after beginning the medications. I was 54 at time of heart attack, 55 at time of quintuple bypass surgery. Currently age 57. Side effects: Lisinopril alone caused slight scratchy throat and mild cough at first, but those effects went away after about a year. No fatigue with Lisinopril alone, however now after a 10-hour shift at work, I am severely fatigued, but that didn't start until I started taking the Metoprolol Tartrate. I now fall into bed immediately after returning home from work, but attribute to the Metoprolol."

Giles Habibula (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug has made me feel like I am dying. I emailed Doc and they just told me to make another appointment. Very ill.. Many symptoms,, feel nauseated, very weak. muscles ache. head aches. Can breathe good and have a ithcy cough. Just plain sick I dropped my glutens reduced my sodium and cholesterol drastically. Ready to end these drug. been 1 week today."

Vurrich (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor had me on a 20mg dose once a day. It made me real dizzy. Some mornings when I would sit up in bed I would fall over from almost passing out. I later found out that lisinopril a synthetic medication related to a natural snake venom."

dobb October 8, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug nearly killed me. The only pill I took resulted in angioedema. I was admitted to ICU only after I was stabilized with difficulty in the ER. My throat had swollen shut. Since then, anecdotally, I have heard every black person I know that has taken this drug has developed and allergic reaction at some point in the cycle."

Major Rassendyll October 4, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I am only 57 and I'm taking 40mg of lisinprol. I'm really dizzy."

pamcorey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "They changed the pill. I've been taking the original version for many years with no problem. Finished my original ones and started on the newer version pills. On Sat, Sept 23rd, rushed to hospital with 201/103 blood pressure. Something is wrong with this new pill. I hope that no one dies, or has a heart attack or stroke. I am calling the FDA today."

Aprilbday12 (taken for 10 years or more) September 28, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking lisinopril a week ago on Saturday, that same day I started getting lower back pain, I didn't attribute the pain to the drug till a week later. The pain in my lower back was so extreme I could hardly walk or sleep, so I went to prompt care on Wednesday thinking it might be a UTI, Test was negative, doctor ordered PT. Next day I ended up in ER, bp was extremely high, rapid heart rate, felt like I was gonna pass out, all tests were negative, doctor said it was the new med and dehydration. I called my primary, I told her about the symptoms I was having, she said back pain wasn't a side effect of this drug, and the other symptoms were my body getting used to the drug."

Hugbear (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

For Migraine Prevention: "I am a long-time sufferer of severe migraines, which interfere with my life. I take propanolol as preventative and Relpax for breakthough 4-6 times a month. My PCP prescribed small dose of Iisinipril in addition to help. No idea if drug would have helped migraines. First week, I had small outbreaks of hives I did not connect with lisinipril. Then I had an outbreak that within a day covered my entire body (there were plate sized hives that overlapped, with smaller outbreaks on top. My mouth and throat began swelling, and I got to ER asap. Very close to anaphylaxis. Learned that this is known side effect of Lisinipril. Package warning is not clear enough."

OhDarn (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Since starting, itching of legs between knees and ankle is driving me crazy! Great. Once again I am among the "rare" people, as always."

notagainoncemore September 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Lisinopril, along with other drugs, for high bp, for many years, doing well, suddenly developed cough in April 2017. Cough first treated as allergy, then with antibiotics, no change, then referred to lung specialist. In the meantime, alerted to side effects of Lisinopril, I requested my GP change medication. Within a week after giving up Lisinopril, coughing greatly reduced, then within a month, almost completely stopped. My dr. knew of side effects, why did "I" have to suggest a change? Absolutely considering further change....of GP."

kshorty September 22, 2017