User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 2)

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 18 reviews 28 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 374 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I suffer from alcoholism binges and take atenolol, clonidine, and amloapine, as well as OTC vitamins on a daily basis. When my doctor's intern added a prescription for Lisinopril (10 mg x1 a day) it was the first time in 25 years of drinking that I had a case of Delirium Tremens (very nasty and horrifying experience). I have had alcohol withdrawal symptoms may times before and had to go to the ER a few times for a few hours while they detoxed me. But this was like nothing I have ever experienced. I couldn't stand up without falling over, and had to get around on my hands and knees. I would normally take a cab to the ER, but I wouldn't even make it to the cab. Had to call 911 for paramedics to the tune of $1250.00. No more Lisinopril for me."

Hanky_spanky (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "My husband has been now been taking Lisinopril right at 1 month, add a few days to that. The last week I noticed him complaining and dealing with some pretty rough heartburn, which just in the last 3 days has increased dramatically. He isn't one to complain about anything medical related but this has. He also has had more episodes of feeling bloated without any visible distention I could see or noticed. It's a heavy feeling that just sits there (upper middle abdomen) Well tonight or rather about 4 hours ago he had the same discomfort in upper abdomen with tenderness, bloated feeling, increase in burping, diarrhea, nausea that later progressed to vomiting. He threw up bile/green color. Can't lay down."

MHoss (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Recently diagnosed stage 1(142/92) and was put on 10mg of lisinopril. After reading the many horror stories, I was hesitant to start taking it and was going to consult the doctor about alternatives before trying. In lieu of talking with the doctor about alternatives, I decided to take a few days off and start the 10mg dosage to see how it would make me feel. Day 1 and 2, I was a little foggy and had some fatigue but the BP results were seen within 1 hour of starting (120/70) and have been taking now for two weeks with no more side effects. Beyond now taking the drug and a few lifestyle changes, I am very happy with the results. Working towards getting off this stuff within 6 months with weight loss and life changes. 51/male."

Kev 1 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Headache. Pressure in forehead.Itching. I only take the the med at bedtime, which is obvious because of other side effects as dizziness, and because I don't drive at night."

Lolar October 28, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I see people stating their bad experience with this drug, but more people should share their positive experience. I was originally prescribed Amlodipine. Number 1 - it didn't work. Number 2 - side effects were horrible - chest pain, tinnitus, you name it - made me feel horrible. After 2 months I asked the doctor to be switched to Lisinopril HCTZ 10, 12.5. After only the first pill, my blood pressure was totally normal, for the most part sticks right around 120/80. And I feel so so much better. I've been taking this for over 2 months now - love my blood pressure readings and definitely no side effects. It is so nice to feel normal again. As my blood pressure tended to spike early AM I take this at 9 pm every night - works best for me."

xizziz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure: "It is the only molecule which does not raise createnine. For CKD patients it is the best and only choice"

Ratneshwar Banerjee (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I take this 20mg of this ROTTEN drug at lunch & might as well write off the rest of the day as I am a zombie. I take Diltiazem with B/D & it NEVER leaves me in a stupor as Lisinopril does. I am not a diabetic nor am I suffering from congestive heart failure which Lisinopril is commonly used for. I DESPISE this drug but for some reason my doctor feels I need it."

Black_Raven October 22, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I had headaches since around middle school several times a week. Never had a doctor who thought much about them, so I just stayed quiet and lived with them. No over-the-counter medication helped. I woke up with them. I developed high blood pressure and my doctor prescribed lisinopril 10 mg. Soon I realized I was no longer having any headaches -- zero. I'm so happy we stumbled upon this. I have told my doctor how much it has helped my headaches so that she remembers it for the next patient who might have constant headaches with no relief."

CLRN (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "About 2 years ago I found myself in a very bad Legal situation. I remember driving and not feeling well, my face felt swollen, I felt hot and very confused, this had happened several times in a couple years, but played it off as I have idiopathic Angioedema. I was just a half mile from home and was pulled over for speeding, just to mention I had had a few beers earlier. Well anyway I whited out and assaulted the Officer, I do not remember this happening what so ever. that week I went to the Dr and told him what was happening, he said that with some people lisinopril does have these effects on people therefore he changed my medication. looking through the web I also found that if you are allergic to Sulfa meds Lisinopril should not be taken."

Ric177 October 18, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "4 tablets only taken then I ended up in A&E with awful side effects including palpitations, much higher bp than before I took them, headaches, rash, feeling really ill. A&E doctor recommended stopping immediately - I had the day before! 5 days after last pill and I'm still shaky, suffering tiredness, aware of heart beats and high bp - not at all happy with bp meds - I previously was prescribed Andipole or something similar ? Only one of those and I suffered stomach cramps, palpitations, bloated belly, plus cough etc - these meds can be very dangerous and I'm refusing to try anymore but am taking even more exercise, eating healthy & hoping to reduce bp the natural way although hospital doctor didn't really think I needed themanyway!!"

Glory Bee September 21, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been using Lisinopril for several years starting at 5mg and currently at 10mg. I was being treated for marginal High Blood Pressure and have a family history of HBP. I am now 71 and had my physical 3 weeks ago and my BP was 121/71. My blood tests are well within limits and I have had no side effects. I have never smoked, exercise 3 to 4 times per week, average 2 to 3 drinks per day and live a fairly normal life."

Rreilly (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2016

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Horrible side effects. Angiodema and cough, itchy skin. Dangerous medicine."

Greghipps (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "Zestril 10 mg daily, 60 year old smoker, side effects... no appetite and severe headaches with 1 week of therapy. Will change BP drug this on does not work for my head. Duration of action for 10 mg is only 4 hours of control....148/95."

Hi BP Queen September 14, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking lisinopril about 3 yrs ago for high blood pressure.I was having trouble right from the start. It did get my pressure down. But almost killed me in the process. I started of coughing first on 4th of July. It got worse as time went on.I cough so much my insides hurt.I cough up so much phlegm omg.I thought I had lung cancer. It was so embarrassing, every where I went I got stares ,and asked if I was okay or wanted water .People moved from by me ect.I had a hard time catching my breath,sleeping talking ect.I had constant asthma attacks.I had to go on steroids shots & breathing treatment. I thank God I didn't die or had any other problems from this medicine.Prays goes to those who have,this should be BAN"

Von tha Scrapper September 13, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Female age 42 - was issued this for high blood pressure, i had 5mg taken for around 10 weeks and it was the worst i have felt after a night in hosp with palpitations and irregular heartbeat, several doctors appt later i was taken off this medicine as Dr realized the side affects were making me ill ! ( Dry mouth, irregular heartbeat, Palpitations, Dizziness and the most horrible cough, bloated tummy, ) after 1 day of stopping i feel better and cough is clearing, tummy better! I only wished i had researched this medicine before! Ditch it !"

Mel0075 September 8, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Sore throat severe allergy symptoms loss of appetite body aches chest pain facial swelling blurred vision dry cough headache weakness"

Poeticspice (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I used lisinopril for two months. It worked fine the first 4 month.Then My teeth were hurting. I thought it was nothing. Then a week later my jaw was hurting. I thought it was sinuses. So I let it go I went to my dentist and they took xrays and said thete was absolutely nothing wrong with my teeth. My family doctor put me on 3000 mg antibiotics for a week she thought it we as a bad sinus infection. In mean time I googled the side effects . Believe it or not lisinopril was causing all that pain. My doctor took me of the medc right away and placed me on another bp. So everyone thats taking the pill please be carful and pay attention to your body. My teeth pain went away that same day and my jaw don't hurt."

Marijana September 6, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Took 5mg/day for 2 years. Very effective at first but began having issues with weakness, joint pain, vision problems. At one point I was limping with nearly every joint aching, and severe problems with eye dryness and ended up with a corneal ulcer. It all led up to an ER visit when my BP spiked and pulse raced. Stopping the medication resulted in the return of my high BP, but all my symptoms went away after about 2 weeks. Doctors never even connected the lisinopril with the symptoms. Blood tests showed nothing, but my inflammation numbers had skyrocketed, which meant high risk for heart attack. Its a dangerous drug for me, never touching it again."

RickyVan September 5, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this medication for 2 years now and it's working just fine. My bp is prefect and I've had no side effects. I will be cautious now that I know other African Americans are having issues. But as of now its working perfectly..."

AshleyMiles September 5, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Yes I took lisinopril it was one of the worst experience of my life and it was one weekend when the doctor is not in the office but so grateful I was able to get someone knew what he was talking about. I was very allergic to this medicine I was swollen really badly my lips as well as my tongue. I was very allergic to his medicine. I needed to be taken of this medicine immediately !!!!!!"

barbara? September 5, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Blood pressure stayed high and head aches"

Lagaile (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Swollen throat. Persistent dry cough, which caused my blood pressure to increase. For that reason, Lisinopril didn't work for me."

Clova September 5, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on lisinopril 2x in 1yr n both times it made me have a cough as if i had the whooping cough...all I did was cough like I was coughing up my insides....I immediately stopped taking it once I realized it was the same meds they had me take before...I'm on a different bp meds very few coughs but not as bad as coughing up my insides...my advise is google read n investigate your meds before taking them"

Neka(purplehaze) (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Was taking this medication and experienced top lip swelling twice. By the process of elimination I concluded it was from Lisinopril. After many months of not taking it I was again prescribed lisinopril. This time both my lips swelled so severely I had to spend 2 days in the hospital."

Brooklyn J September 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on 10mg of Lisinopril for about a year and a half. Three months ago, one of my docs noticed that my kidney were not filtering well. A look at a year of blood work showed a gradual decline in function. I was sent to a nephrologist, who looked very thoroughly at my meds and history. He told me it was probably the lisinipril. Tapering off of the med has caused almost constant premature atrial contractions, which are not life threatening, but sent me to the ER in day 10. Ten days off and my kidneys were already functioning better. It's really strange that this happened, given Lisinopril's use in kidney patients. I'm just glad that the problem was caught in time. Keep an eye on your creatinine and eGFR."

Cantfindadarnednickname (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016