User Reviews for Brilinta

2.3

Summary of Brilinta reviews 4.3 38 reviews

Reviews for Brilinta

Gregg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 12, 2019

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "On Brilinta 10 months and then switched to Plavix. I was paying $400 per month for Brilinta and my Cardiologist had me in a study as they all make money using us as test rats. Plavix costs $7.50 for a 90 day supply folks so don't be BULLIED into using Brilanta."

UHP · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2019

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "It was so bad having this drug. It has too many side effects. From the first dosage it started stomach aching and I had pain. Would never recommend."

Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2019

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Have been on Brilinta for almost 2 months after 1 stent. The shortness of breath is terrible. Sleep is spotty, so I'm doubly exhausted. I wake up multiple times needing to sit up and breathe. My gout has flared up continually since I started this drug, which used to hit every 3 months. All in all, I hate it."

Surprise Diagnosis May 12, 2019

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "I received Brilinta during procedure when I had 1 stent placed during angiogram I had acute coronary syndrome . In recovery, I had extreme shortness of breath, chest tightness, breast tissue ache, & extreme upper back pain. I told a nurse. Was this a heart attack? 3 cardiologists arrived. They agreed these were known side effects, told me why Brilinta was chosen, but agreed Plavix worked just as good & much better for me. Brilinta was stopped and my side effect symptoms resolved within hours. I'm lucky I have (3) responsive doctors. It's a cruel joke when a drug given to treat CV issues has side effects that mirror a CV event. Regardless of how good the drug is, IMO this can damage health/mental state of patients taking this drug to avoid CV problems. Shaken confidence can contribute to less optimal recovery. Doctors should pay attention to experiences & discuss side effects if they choose this drug. Then Brilinta can be used with confidence, or replaced quickly for those who have adverse reactions."

Mar · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2019

For Heart Attack "I had terrible side effects from this drug Brilinta. Aside from feeling exhausted I was unable to breath and was gasping for breathe. I felt sluggish and tired all of the time. I could not take a deep breath. It felt like asthma. After a month of being switched to prasurgel (effient) I felt much better and more normal."

Living · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2019

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "While on the table after having two stents put in, the doctor took me off Plavix and gave me 4 Brilinta. For the next 3 weeks, I felt that the doctor had not put a stent in my heart, but rather somehow clogged it, for I had shortness of breath just like a heart attack. I couldn't go to sleep for forcing myself to take deep breaths which didn't seem to fill my need for air. My regular cardiologist took me off the Brilina and put me back on Plavix. No problems now and it cleared up within a day or two."

BB · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2019

For Heart Attack "I've been on Brilinta since December 27, 2018 it seems as though my breathing is getting worse by the day. Feel like I'll could just stop and not inhale, 39 year smoker. Now stopped on that date after heart attack and stent. What to do? Says I need to be on it for a year"

Judi · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2019

For Heart Attack "I was prescribed brilinta sfter having stent put in. I started having severe shortness of breath within day's. Kept going downhill... Could not walk 20 ft. Without gasping for breath!!!! Doctor seemed unconcerned... I stopped taking it 4 days ago and feel like myself again and can breathe! Taking aspirin and acv Have check-up tomorrow and will let all know! I told them it was so bad but heart doc would not accept it was meds!"

Stefon · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2018

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "Had weakness no energy went for catheterization found 90 percent blockage left artery they used a balloon only no stent because of location of blockage see I had a triple bypass in 2000 after a myocardial infact.. The blockage was were the graft that was sewed in. Dr put me on brilinta could not tolerate it, as I wasnot being able to breath ..I even went to ER thinking it was my heart but I was fine they thought it was a virus. But I thought I bet it's that drug, so I stopped it and I can breath now."

Joe · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 1, 2018

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "I have been on Brilinta since 2015 and outside of easy bruising I have had no side effects."

Joy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2018

For Heart Attack "Hemorrhaging. I had to have a blood transfusion. I could have died!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2018

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I have been on Brillinta for 30 days, I am also an asthmatic so breathing is always a problem. This medication does not make it any easier. I remember waking up because it felt like someone was covering my mouth and nose. I could not catch my breath. I am always tired body aches, lightheaded. Yes I do bleed heavy when it is a small cut. I bruise very easily. Everyday I wake up I have a new purple, red black and green bruise. As time goes on the breathing is not as bad. The bruising is still horrible. I pray one day soon I will be off this medication."

PaulMenifee February 16, 2018

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "This medication was worse than the heart attack Long story short I could not breathe. I finally was able to discontinue after 1 year..symptoms improved within 3 days..none now. For me it was horrible and I would never recommend to anyone."

Xon February 5, 2018

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "My son was put on this drug after 2 stents and a mild heart attack. At that time (2 1/2 months ago) he also experienced urinary problems and further testing reveals he also has a mass in/on his bladder and needs surgery. The cardiologist has refused to change the Brilinta and says he must wait at least 4 months to have the surgery. Every one in our family is most concerned."

Doctor Tim January 30, 2018

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "At 90 years of age and after an MI and 2 stents, I started 90 mgs Brilinta twice daily and 88 mgs aspirin daily After reporting excessive bruising, aspirin was reduced to every other day. A few weeks later, I suffered dysonea severe enough that I thought of another MI. Even after the Brilinta dosage was reduced to 60 mgs twice daily, I experience mild dyspnea for a few hours after a dose. I am sleeping several hours a day longer than before. Though I also take lisinopril, metropolol and Liptor, Brilinta appears to be the only drug with unpleasant side effects. I would be interested to know how much lower might be the incidence of clotting with Brilinta as compared to aspirin alone. I really don't like the stuff."

StoneyEnd November 7, 2017

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I had a stent installed in right ventricle at 80% blockage. And then I was put on Brilinta for 1+ year. Minimal problems. Minor bruising in last few weeks. Minor bleeding early on. Can't tell if it's affecting breathing since I'm also on other meds (statin, metoprolil, lisiniprol ... pardon spelling errors). I was a runner, now am walk/jogger...a few miles/day, few times a week. Still experience some pressure/breathing occurrences during first few minutes, then I walk, and restart jogging. After a while (10-15 minutes, about a mile) this tends to go away and I can jog a little longer. No way to determine if any of the meds contribute to this. I look forward to stopping Brilinta very soon. Hope it helps the breathing/pressure but am pessimistic"

Ms. D · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2017

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I had three stents put in on July 17, 2017. The surgery was very easy and successful. I was immediately put on Plavix which did not agree with me. I was then put on Brilanta and am doing ok with it it seems. However, I do get dizzy, feel fatigued and bruise horribly. My worst problem is being unable to take anything for pain for my arthritis and spinal stenosis. I sustained pinched nerves on C7 during the surgery and not being able to get a cortisone shot or even take an Aleve for pain and inflammation has literally made my life miserable. I was not told anything about having to expect these side effects either. I’m grateful for the stents but how can I improve the quality of my life while staying on this blood thinner for a year?"

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more September 26, 2017

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I had 1 stent placed March 2017. put on Brilinta 90 mg twice a day with baby aspirin in the morning. Shortness of breath started a week and 1/2 into cardio rehab. Was told as long as I could handle the shortness of breath it was more important to continue taking the drug. I called cardiologist about an inhaler. This time I am told that is for my primary to deal with. I am tired always, nap almost daily and now am anaemic. The anaemia adds to the shortness of breath and fatigue. I have also developed PICA. All I want to eat are dry rolled oats. I assume for the starch because it sure isn't for the taste. I can't wait for my one year to be over. The upper and lower GI I now have coming up are not what I planned on."

Lardav · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 16, 2017

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I have not experienced any clots or clogged stints. I do experience a lot of shortness of breath and bad fatigue. Both are side effects of Brilinta. Overall it's a good medicine."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "I advice you not to take Brilinta. My husband woke up every 10 minutes scared of dying because he couldn't breath. He coughed and had blurred vision too. This medication should be off market. We had 2 sleepless weeks while he was in Brilinta"

MpoOzzy August 16, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "BrIlinta all but put me in the grave. It stopped my breathing...over 100 times in one day. Given to me after catheterization. And no sleep. Was sent home with a change in my meds...Brilinta. Got in the house and started to take a nap as I was crashing... My breathing stopped. I had to try several times before breathing restarted...horrible This went on through out the day. Could not get the doctors to call me. Called Walgreen...that helped. Was told no antidote and was told to flush system with lots of water Not to take any more Berlinta...but use Privosate... At nine pm in the evening I went out side and walked to try to establish breathing pattern...about 11:00 PM was able to breath well enough to sleep. Horrible experience. HORRIBLE BEWARE YOU LIFE"

Salesmanshouse August 2, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Had a heart attack on Nov 2016 was put on Brilinta x2 a day. I too have experience fatigue, bruising, blurred vision and shortness of breathe. Takes me a long time to get started of the morning then about 3:00 pm... I'm ready to nap but can't bc I work."

Feller1 March 19, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Started Brilinta Nov 6 2016 after a heart attack and Stent. Three days later I had a major anxiety attack because I could not breathe. The shortness of breath got better after one month. I am constantly tired and frequently napping. The worst side effect has been 4 months of constant gout. I am now at the maximum dose of allopurinol to control my gout. I cannot wait to change over to Plavix even though it will mean frequent blood testing."

Babyslothsarecute · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Had heart attack 12/15/2016 and put on Brilinta 90mg twice a day, plus 81mg Aspirin once a day. I experienced shortness of breath, and a cough. Went to see my Cardiologist, he says the shortness of breath will get better, and the cough is not related to the Brilinta. Recently I started feeling soreness on the tops of my hands I press on the veins, and soreness increases. I have now developed large bruises on the top of both hands, with slight swelling. My vision also has changed, bluryness in my left eye, I see no documentation that this is a side effect. Anyone else have this?"

zamboni1000 December 27, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Have only been on Brilinta 3 days after 2 stents put in because of blockages, but was concerned enough to start looking for reviews. I have pains over my body, diarrhea and have had some shortness of breath. will be asking my doctor when I go to see him this week as advised after my procedure."