User Reviews for Brilinta

Heart Attack

1 review 124 medications
Summary of Brilinta reviews 4.7 30 reviews

Reviews for Brilinta

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "Had weakness no energy went for catheterization found 90 percent blockage left artery they used a balloon only no stent because of location of blockage see I had a triple bypass in 2000 after a myocardial infact.. The blockage was were the graft that was sewed in. Dr put me on brilinta could not tolerate it, as I wasnot being able to breath ..I even went to ER thinking it was my heart but I was fine they thought it was a virus. But I thought I bet it's that drug, so I stopped it and I can breath now."

Stefon (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "I have been on Brilinta since 2015 and outside of easy bruising I have had no side effects."

Joe (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2018

For Heart Attack "Hemorrhaging. I had to have a blood transfusion. I could have died!"

Joy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I have been on Brillinta for 30 days, I am also an asthmatic so breathing is always a problem. This medication does not make it any easier. I remember waking up because it felt like someone was covering my mouth and nose. I could not catch my breath. I am always tired body aches, lightheaded. Yes I do bleed heavy when it is a small cut. I bruise very easily. Everyday I wake up I have a new purple, red black and green bruise. As time goes on the breathing is not as bad. The bruising is still horrible. I pray one day soon I will be off this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "This medication was worse than the heart attack Long story short I could not breathe. I finally was able to discontinue after 1 year..symptoms improved within 3 days..none now. For me it was horrible and I would never recommend to anyone."

PaulMenifee February 16, 2018

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "My son was put on this drug after 2 stents and a mild heart attack. At that time (2 1/2 months ago) he also experienced urinary problems and further testing reveals he also has a mass in/on his bladder and needs surgery. The cardiologist has refused to change the Brilinta and says he must wait at least 4 months to have the surgery. Every one in our family is most concerned."

Xon February 5, 2018

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "At 90 years of age and after an MI and 2 stents, I started 90 mgs Brilinta twice daily and 88 mgs aspirin daily After reporting excessive bruising, aspirin was reduced to every other day. A few weeks later, I suffered dysonea severe enough that I thought of another MI. Even after the Brilinta dosage was reduced to 60 mgs twice daily, I experience mild dyspnea for a few hours after a dose. I am sleeping several hours a day longer than before. Though I also take lisinopril, metropolol and Liptor, Brilinta appears to be the only drug with unpleasant side effects. I would be interested to know how much lower might be the incidence of clotting with Brilinta as compared to aspirin alone. I really don't like the stuff."

Doctor Tim January 30, 2018

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I had a stent installed in right ventricle at 80% blockage. And then I was put on Brilinta for 1+ year. Minimal problems. Minor bruising in last few weeks. Minor bleeding early on. Can't tell if it's affecting breathing since I'm also on other meds (statin, metoprolil, lisiniprol ... pardon spelling errors). I was a runner, now am walk/jogger...a few miles/day, few times a week. Still experience some pressure/breathing occurrences during first few minutes, then I walk, and restart jogging. After a while (10-15 minutes, about a mile) this tends to go away and I can jog a little longer. No way to determine if any of the meds contribute to this. I look forward to stopping Brilinta very soon. Hope it helps the breathing/pressure but am pessimistic"

StoneyEnd November 7, 2017

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I had three stents put in on July 17, 2017. The surgery was very easy and successful. I was immediately put on Plavix which did not agree with me. I was then put on Brilanta and am doing ok with it it seems. However, I do get dizzy, feel fatigued and bruise horribly. My worst problem is being unable to take anything for pain for my arthritis and spinal stenosis. I sustained pinched nerves on C7 during the surgery and not being able to get a cortisone shot or even take an Aleve for pain and inflammation has literally made my life miserable. I was not told anything about having to expect these side effects either. I’m grateful for the stents but how can I improve the quality of my life while staying on this blood thinner for a year?"

Ms. D (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2017

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I had 1 stent placed March 2017. put on Brilinta 90 mg twice a day with baby aspirin in the morning. Shortness of breath started a week and 1/2 into cardio rehab. Was told as long as I could handle the shortness of breath it was more important to continue taking the drug. I called cardiologist about an inhaler. This time I am told that is for my primary to deal with. I am tired always, nap almost daily and now am anaemic. The anaemia adds to the shortness of breath and fatigue. I have also developed PICA. All I want to eat are dry rolled oats. I assume for the starch because it sure isn't for the taste. I can't wait for my one year to be over. The upper and lower GI I now have coming up are not what I planned on."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 26, 2017

For Prevention of Atherothrombotic Events "I have not experienced any clots or clogged stints. I do experience a lot of shortness of breath and bad fatigue. Both are side effects of Brilinta. Overall it's a good medicine."

Lardav (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "I advice you not to take Brilinta. My husband woke up every 10 minutes scared of dying because he couldn't breath. He coughed and had blurred vision too. This medication should be off market. We had 2 sleepless weeks while he was in Brilinta"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "BrIlinta all but put me in the grave. It stopped my breathing...over 100 times in one day. Given to me after catheterization. And no sleep. Was sent home with a change in my meds...Brilinta. Got in the house and started to take a nap as I was crashing... My breathing stopped. I had to try several times before breathing restarted...horrible This went on through out the day. Could not get the doctors to call me. Called Walgreen...that helped. Was told no antidote and was told to flush system with lots of water Not to take any more Berlinta...but use Privosate... At nine pm in the evening I went out side and walked to try to establish breathing pattern...about 11:00 PM was able to breath well enough to sleep. Horrible experience. HORRIBLE BEWARE YOU LIFE"

MpoOzzy August 16, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Had a heart attack on Nov 2016 was put on Brilinta x2 a day. I too have experience fatigue, bruising, blurred vision and shortness of breathe. Takes me a long time to get started of the morning then about 3:00 pm... I'm ready to nap but can't bc I work."

Salesmanshouse August 2, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Started Brilinta Nov 6 2016 after a heart attack and Stent. Three days later I had a major anxiety attack because I could not breathe. The shortness of breath got better after one month. I am constantly tired and frequently napping. The worst side effect has been 4 months of constant gout. I am now at the maximum dose of allopurinol to control my gout. I cannot wait to change over to Plavix even though it will mean frequent blood testing."

Feller1 March 19, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Had heart attack 12/15/2016 and put on Brilinta 90mg twice a day, plus 81mg Aspirin once a day. I experienced shortness of breath, and a cough. Went to see my Cardiologist, he says the shortness of breath will get better, and the cough is not related to the Brilinta. Recently I started feeling soreness on the tops of my hands I press on the veins, and soreness increases. I have now developed large bruises on the top of both hands, with slight swelling. My vision also has changed, bluryness in my left eye, I see no documentation that this is a side effect. Anyone else have this?"

Babyslothsarecute (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2017

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Have only been on Brilinta 3 days after 2 stents put in because of blockages, but was concerned enough to start looking for reviews. I have pains over my body, diarrhea and have had some shortness of breath. will be asking my doctor when I go to see him this week as advised after my procedure."

zamboni1000 December 27, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "I've been reading other people's experiences and I wonder if I'm on the same medication. I am 74 years old, and I've been on Brilinta with 81 aspirin since 2/29/16, when I had 92% blockage in the widow maker, the descending major heart artery. Thankful that I was in the doctor's office when I had my heart attack, I ended up with two stents and Brilinta. I have had no noticeable side effects. I exercise three days a week in our local life center, with both aerobic and resistance exercises, and I have never experienced anything like the excessive fatigue I read others complaining of. Other than cuts or scrapes taking a little longer to coagulate I have had no bleeding to complain about. Maybe the Brilinta I'm receiving is just better."

Irishhorse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Had bypass 20 years ago. August 2016 had to have 2 stents and was put on Brilinta. Short of breath most of time. But fatigue is huge problem. MD says if caused by Brilinta maybe time to try Plavix. Not sure if that will be any better. All these meds have such horrible side effects!"

NightRyder604 November 3, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "I was on this med for a year after having angioplasty with the placements of two stents I was on 90mg twice a day and such bruising that after a year my doctor lowered it to 60 mg twice a day Four weeks later I had a heart attack because a clot formed in the stent I had to have another angioplasty and have lost significant heart tissue I feel backed into a corner because my doc won't change the med"

Rickedoc September 24, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "While sleeping I experience night-time shortness of breath bad enough to wake me up gasping for air. Now I know why; Brilinta. Very fatigued also. Takes All morning to get going. Some rear-thigh cramps at night also. Other than that I suppose it's working to keep me from having a clot form. My Surgeon says he'll take me off Brilinta on my first anniversary date of heart attack; Yeah!"

barther (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "this drug caused incredible severe nosebleeds that landed me in the hospital, to the point where my bathroom looked like a crime scene. Had to miss work because of the side effect of the drug. I had to use two inhalers, one was daily and one was a rescue inhaler due to severe shortness of breath. This drug should not be on the market, it is dangerous!"

maguire1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Hello! At this time I have no side effects"

Shurai (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "Why on earth would Brlinita be approved for heart patients when shortness of breathe is a side affect. A pretty sick joke. I was not amused and told the doctor I would not continue taking it, regardless what the drug rep said of the side affect potentially leaving in a few days."

Offended (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Acute Coronary Syndrome "My Mom was placed on Brillenta on 1/4/16 and was in the hospital. As soon as she was placed on the medication she complained of a funny feeling in her stomach. Was discharged 4 days later and still had a funny feeling in her stomach...which was blamed on anxiety. She continued to complain to doctors about this funny feeling up until taken back to the ER on 1-26-16 for the funny feeling...ultimately my Mom passed away on 1/27/16 with a GI bleed...I'm very concerned it was caused by this drug!"

Schamole February 4, 2016