User Reviews for Norvasc

Learn more about Norvasc.

Migraine Prevention 5 reviews 30 medications

9.2
Raynaud's Syndrome 3 reviews 48 medications

High Blood Pressure 60 reviews 264 medications

4.6
Summary of Norvasc reviews 68 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Norvasc

For High Blood Pressure "The medicine works rapidly and the 5mg daily dosage is still effective for me after several years of treatment. There's only been a few occasions that I've experienced any side effects after the first few initial doses of medicine. The one I experienced most was sleepiness. Otherwise, I take one pill every evening at bedtime and I'm fine until the next dose."

Nille (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 24, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "Awful drug run !!!! Where do I begin? I was prescribed Amplodipine benzalate 10mg to either take a 10mg pill a day i could break in half Muscle weakness and muscle depletion its like acid that eats your muscles and makes the skin crawl literally ... You can feel the pulses pound in your ankles Fire in stomach then chills all over the body Labored breathing Wheezing coughing conjestion caused me to get bronchitis which Ive never had in my life ... Drowning feeling in chest and lungs Weakness tingling in head thougt I was having a stroke Tingling in toes and fingers extreme coldness ... Cramping anxiety fatigue makes you feel your in another world or are just there... Thought I was dying felt like organs were shutting down. Run folks"

Anonymous Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 28, 2016

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "This blood pressure med makes me feel spacey, like I'm not here! Makes my body weak where it feels like my own legs can't carry me!! I hate the way it makes me feel!!"

Burky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine Prevention "I had no idea my physician prescribed this to me for migraines. I was initially prescribed this for hypertension. I also have migraines, but since taking this, my headaches have decreased dramatically. I rarely have a migraine any more. It's been a blessing! I love this medication. It's worked wonders for my quality of life."

MzCarrieBabyyy September 20, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking Norvasc for probably 30 years. The first 20, the drug worked to lower my blood pressure well. In the last ten years, I've been plagued with scorching legs. It has literally ruined my life. Doctors never even had a clue and I never thought it was Norvasc that was hurting me until I had trouble a week ago getting the prescription filled I was out of for 4 days. On the 4th day without taking it, my legs were feeling pretty good. I got my prescription refilled took the pill and the next day, I was back to debilitating pain. I haven't taken it since. I am now feeling pressure in my head as I've always been prone to migraine headaches. I never got one after I started taking Norvasc. I think I'll take the migraines."

pleblanc (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine Prevention "I get migraines every day. Been taking 2.5 mg of Norvasc for about 6 months and still getting migraines everyday. Does not seem to be helping."

mom151231 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "-Not a very good one. Complained to Drs . About dry mouth,diarrhea, and numbness in toes. Tingling at tip of fingers. They dismissed it as nothing. The numbness has progressed to my foot,legs,hands,arms. Have trouble walking without a cane because I loose my balance and have fallen many times."

Lilgrama (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2016

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "After being hospitalized for very high BP that my other medications weren't able to control -- I was prescribed .5 of Norvasc. Within 3 hours, my BP was down to 70/ 52, and continued to drop to 68/ 42 with my pulse going as low as 40 bpm. I came very close to calling 911, but after a couple of hours of drinking water -- I was able to get the BP up to around 90/65. Obviously I will not take this medicine again -- and feel that the side effect for it wasn't given"

Tailwindfox (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I was prescribed Amlodipine 5mg, within six to seven hours I had ringing in my ears.My GP persuaded me to persevere, as it was thought the side effect would go away. It didn't ! I carried on with the dreadful medication for six weeks, and then ditched it ! Five weeks later I still have the tinnitus.! How can drug companies be allowed to ruin people's lives - admittedly, tinnitus was stated as one of the side effects, but I was given to believe the side affects would be temporary, not permanent, as seems to be the case ! I hate this medication ! If I am lucky enough to have the tinnitus disappear, I will repost later ! For the time being I would say ' BEWARE ' !"

jotee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I recently went up to 10mg once a day of norvasc. Still does NOT help BP I have other medical conditions so I am not sure what side effects are from what conditions and other Meds. What I do know, is now i have crazy swelling in my hands legs and feet. It got so bad in my feet I could barely walk anymore. Even though it's not listed as a side effect I it feels like my whole body is swollen I am done with norvasc forever."

Allie3113 March 14, 2016

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "Taken for 9 months. 1 pill didn't lower BP so taking two -10 mg total. Side effects swelling ankles, fatigue, muscle pain - difficult to work with the side effects. Going to try a different drug."

Female 53 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2016

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I have been on Norvasc10mg 1x for about a year. Extreme fatigue and muscle weakness. I'm on metorololol as well 50 mg 2x"

bikerljd (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I have BP problems. Having hard time finding a med to control it. Was given a beta blocker that caused a heart attack put me in hospital. Put me on Norvacs 5mg twice a day. Was on 1 and 1/2 weeks I had severe headaches. Tremors,blurred vision, stomach pains, burning in my legs, had red burning spots form on my lower abdomen then blisters. Off med and will never take Norvasc again. Now on Losartin and Clondine,doing fair with BP. & no side effects."

Saddiegirl December 6, 2015

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "Severe hair loss. pain in shoulders. sleep problems. depression."

steplite (taken for 10 years or more) October 31, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I was hypertensive 140/90 and was put on Norvasc 5mg since 3years ago. My normal BP at GP is 130/80. At home it usually 120/70. Throughout these years, my mental health became very poor, short term memory loss - easily forget day-today task, my wife have to remind me, I felt very anxious person - depressed, anxiety, panic by thinking about my health. Urination during night. Wake up periodically during night, tremor while sleeping (sometimes), tingling feeling in my arms... many more... I didn't really have quality life past 3years. I went back to doctor and requested to change to different group. Today is 2nd day I stopped Norvasc.. I wish that I become normal person after this..."

rajlesta October 7, 2015

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "Worse drug ever!! Was depressed and more sick :("

33 female September 28, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "This medication is cheap which is why they recommend it so much since it saves the insurance companies a bundle. My BP didn't move at all. Side effects include left shoulder pain. Loss of hair, eyesight going bad due inflammation of the cornea, weakness, tiredness to the point of delusion. The doctor had be go from 5 to 10 mg and that made everything worse. Three days after stopping it my shoulder pain went away and so much energy returned. my mother was put on it from her doctor and had similar results. After she stopped taking it she no longer needs her walker. I'm 63 and she is 88 going on 29."

SuperQuack (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2015

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I am a mid-fifty male post open heart (4 mths ago) and stents (3 weeks ago).I have been on Norvasc 5 mg for about 10 days now as the predecessor drug's side effect were horrible. It has been very effective at lowering my BP (117/75) the side effects are still concerning. Dizzy, tired, maybe some depression & anxiety, slight problem with deep breathing and week muscles. Although I can function normally the day-to-day functions are an effort so I push through. The mornings (when I take Norvasc) are not as good as the afternoon when I feel better. I believe the side effects are getting better but am unsure. What I want is to be normal again and active. They say it takes a few week for the body to adjust. I'll give it its due course."

Cabage43 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "Novask like all meds have side affects works great on me..lowered my stubborn pressure from 238/110 down to 140/90 in 4weeks. Its very effective. I found that taking 5mg in the am and 5mg at night are more effective with less side effects No results on lopressor after a year on that stuff. .bad side effects."

christinex August 5, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "Doesn't work to lower blood pressure. I started this medicine 8 months ago and it hasn't done anything. My dr added Benzepril on top of this and my blood pressure is still the same. Switching to a beta blocker next time I go to his office. Gave it 2 stars because although it doesn't work, I haven't experienced other adverse effects which is a plus!"

bigjerm74 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2015

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I hate Norvasc! It made my blood pressure worse. I was always borderline with my blood pressure. It didn't help that I work nights and my diet isn't the greatest. My doctor wanted to me try this medication for a month to see if my blood pressure would lower. Within a week my blood pressure which usually hovers at 140/80 with a pulse of 80 shot to a ridiculous 200/98 with a pulse of 98. My blood pressure will always spike around the evening. My anxiety worsened and I got headaches. This medication does not work for me and I am not going to be tricked into staying on it longer."

coldnose July 25, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I have this scorching pain in my legs and this is the only new med?"

Mariar56 July 25, 2015

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "Norvasc caused extreme leg and ankle edema and did not improve hypertension much. After 6 weeks of use I was put on lisinopril and within 2 days had no more leg swelling and blood pressure lowered greatly. So far so good on new medication."

Mcna (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "I've only been on Norvasc for a week and so far the only side effect is difficulty falling asleep and waking up periodically through the night. I know its the Norvasc since I work a very early shift and am generally exhausted by the time its ready for bed. If it continues I'll look into switching medications. However the first blood pressure medication I was on has a worse side effect. Uncontrollable coughing. I had to stop taking it after about a month."

PTBadman December 26, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure "Very bad acid reflux and anxiety."

pipper1956 November 6, 2014