User Reviews for Norvasc

Learn more about Norvasc.

Norvasc Rating Summary

4.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 347 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Norvasc to treat High Blood Pressure

"-Not a very good one. Complained to Drs . About dry mouth,diarrhea, and numbness in toes. Tingling at tip of fingers. They dismissed it as nothing. The numbness has progressed to my foot,legs,hands,arms. Have trouble walking without a cane because I loose my balance and have fallen many times."

Lilgrama (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2016

"After being hospitalized for very high BP that my other medications weren't able to control -- I was prescribed .5 of Norvasc. Within 3 hours, my BP was down to 70/ 52, and continued to drop to 68/ 42 with my pulse going as low as 40 bpm. I came very close to calling 911, but after a couple of hours of drinking water -- I was able to get the BP up to around 90/65. Obviously I will not take this medicine again -- and feel that the side effect for it wasn't given"

Tailwindfox (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

"I was prescribed Amlodipine 5mg, within six to seven hours I had ringing in my ears.My GP persuaded me to persevere, as it was thought the side effect would go away. It didn't ! I carried on with the dreadful medication for six weeks, and then ditched it ! Five weeks later I still have the tinnitus.! How can drug companies be allowed to ruin people's lives - admittedly, tinnitus was stated as one of the side effects, but I was given to believe the side affects would be temporary, not permanent, as seems to be the case ! I hate this medication ! If I am lucky enough to have the tinnitus disappear, I will repost later ! For the time being I would say ' BEWARE ' !"

jotee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

"I recently went up to 10mg once a day of norvasc. Still does NOT help BP I have other medical conditions so I am not sure what side effects are from what conditions and other Meds. What I do know, is now i have crazy swelling in my hands legs and feet. It got so bad in my feet I could barely walk anymore. Even though it's not listed as a side effect I it feels like my whole body is swollen I am done with norvasc forever."

Allie3113 March 14, 2016

"Taken for 9 months. 1 pill didn't lower BP so taking two -10 mg total. Side effects swelling ankles, fatigue, muscle pain - difficult to work with the side effects. Going to try a different drug."

Female 53 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2016

"I have been on Norvasc10mg 1x for about a year. Extreme fatigue and muscle weakness. I'm on metorololol as well 50 mg 2x"

bikerljd (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2015

"I have BP problems. Having hard time finding a med to control it. Was given a beta blocker that caused a heart attack put me in hospital. Put me on Norvacs 5mg twice a day. Was on 1 and 1/2 weeks I had severe headaches. Tremors,blurred vision, stomach pains, burning in my legs, had red burning spots form on my lower abdomen then blisters. Off med and will never take Norvasc again. Now on Losartin and Clondine,doing fair with BP. & no side effects."

Saddiegirl December 6, 2015

"Severe hair loss. pain in shoulders. sleep problems. depression."

steplite (taken for 10 years or more) October 31, 2015

"I was hypertensive 140/90 and was put on Norvasc 5mg since 3years ago. My normal BP at GP is 130/80. At home it usually 120/70. Throughout these years, my mental health became very poor, short term memory loss - easily forget day-today task, my wife have to remind me, I felt very anxious person - depressed, anxiety, panic by thinking about my health. Urination during night. Wake up periodically during night, tremor while sleeping (sometimes), tingling feeling in my arms... many more... I didn't really have quality life past 3years. I went back to doctor and requested to change to different group. Today is 2nd day I stopped Norvasc.. I wish that I become normal person after this..."

rajlesta October 7, 2015

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Worse drug ever!! Was depressed and more sick :("

33 female September 28, 2015

"This medication is cheap which is why they recommend it so much since it saves the insurance companies a bundle. My BP didn't move at all. Side effects include left shoulder pain. Loss of hair, eyesight going bad due inflammation of the cornea, weakness, tiredness to the point of delusion. The doctor had be go from 5 to 10 mg and that made everything worse. Three days after stopping it my shoulder pain went away and so much energy returned. my mother was put on it from her doctor and had similar results. After she stopped taking it she no longer needs her walker. I'm 63 and she is 88 going on 29."

SuperQuack (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2015

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am a mid-fifty male post open heart (4 mths ago) and stents (3 weeks ago).I have been on Norvasc 5 mg for about 10 days now as the predecessor drug's side effect were horrible. It has been very effective at lowering my BP (117/75) the side effects are still concerning. Dizzy, tired, maybe some depression & anxiety, slight problem with deep breathing and week muscles. Although I can function normally the day-to-day functions are an effort so I push through. The mornings (when I take Norvasc) are not as good as the afternoon when I feel better. I believe the side effects are getting better but am unsure. What I want is to be normal again and active. They say it takes a few week for the body to adjust. I'll give it its due course."

Cabage43 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2015

"Novask like all meds have side affects works great on me..lowered my stubborn pressure from 238/110 down to 140/90 in 4weeks. Its very effective. I found that taking 5mg in the am and 5mg at night are more effective with less side effects No results on lopressor after a year on that stuff. .bad side effects."

christinex August 5, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Doesn't work to lower blood pressure. I started this medicine 8 months ago and it hasn't done anything. My dr added Benzepril on top of this and my blood pressure is still the same. Switching to a beta blocker next time I go to his office. Gave it 2 stars because although it doesn't work, I haven't experienced other adverse effects which is a plus!"

bigjerm74 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2015

"I hate Norvasc! It made my blood pressure worse. I was always borderline with my blood pressure. It didn't help that I work nights and my diet isn't the greatest. My doctor wanted to me try this medication for a month to see if my blood pressure would lower. Within a week my blood pressure which usually hovers at 140/80 with a pulse of 80 shot to a ridiculous 200/98 with a pulse of 98. My blood pressure will always spike around the evening. My anxiety worsened and I got headaches. This medication does not work for me and I am not going to be tricked into staying on it longer."

coldnose July 25, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have this scorching pain in my legs and this is the only new med?"

Mariar56 July 25, 2015

"Norvasc caused extreme leg and ankle edema and did not improve hypertension much. After 6 weeks of use I was put on lisinopril and within 2 days had no more leg swelling and blood pressure lowered greatly. So far so good on new medication."

Mcna (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've only been on Norvasc for a week and so far the only side effect is difficulty falling asleep and waking up periodically through the night. I know its the Norvasc since I work a very early shift and am generally exhausted by the time its ready for bed. If it continues I'll look into switching medications. However the first blood pressure medication I was on has a worse side effect. Uncontrollable coughing. I had to stop taking it after about a month."

PTBadman December 26, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Very bad acid reflux and anxiety."

pipper1956 November 6, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Going on three years of taking this medicine. Blood pressure is normal 118/66. Usually 118/70 sometimes 99/55."

tmichelle January 25, 2014

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm 32 years old and at first Amlodopine made me feel depressed, dizzy and anxious. Now I am used to this medication. I have so much energy. Before this medication I was on the verge of a heart attack and stroke. My blood pressure is 110/70."

TMichelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2013

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Keeps my blood pressure down. I have been taking it for 5 months, I now have muscle cramps, and have a problem sleeping. I am going to try a new medicine, I can't take the severe cramping in my body."

Sanricka December 10, 2013

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"With the DASH diet and exercise my BP was still high and the doctor increased my daily 5mg of Norvasc to 10mg. It helps decrease my usual 170/104 to approx 150/70 but only for a few hours. I am fatigued, headaches and super cold feet and hands constantly. I also have muscle cramps. I feel as if I had a heart attack a few days ago but my doctor says its gastritis. The side effects are worse than hypertension itself! Maybe I need a new medicine and/or a new physician. Good health to you!"

11Gs February 28, 2013

222 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 27 years old and I had blood pressure of 150/100, around the high range for a few days at the very least but within 2 hours of taking Norvasc 5g my BP dropped to around 128/86. I have just taken this once in my life."

Sky24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2013

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Started on Norvasc about 1 wk ago and my bld pressure has gone from 180-200/100 to 120 /75, my heart rate has increased which is ok because I was on Bystolic for a short time and my heart rate dropped into the 40's. "

Anonymous October 16, 2012

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next