User Reviews for Norvasc to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 3)

Norvasc Rating Summary

4.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Norvasc

JHBARCLAY · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2012

“Within a few days of starting this medicine, I became very aware of my heart beat and my heart seemed to be racing. I attended a pre-operative assessment where I was given a routine ECG and this confirmed that I had become tachycardic while taking amlodipine. My pulse was racing at over 100 BPM and my blood pressure actually went UP while I was taking this medicine. I had to discontinue use to stop the adverse effects.”

Ers April 16, 2012

“No side efects as of yet (taken for 4 weeks so far) only taken while on high doses of steroids (80mg daily but deceasing 10mg every 3 days. Keeping my BP in my normal range of 110/60.”

Anonymous April 16, 2012

“I found it very effective to control high blood pressure.”

Kikzy March 16, 2012

“Norvasc has lowered my blood pressure from 160/102 to about 110/80 on 10 mg. The side effects are debilitating for me. I have horrible chest pains and unable to do much without exhaustion. I have lost so much weight due to lack of appetite. Dr. does not want to take me off because I have difficulty finding anything that lowers my blood pressure. I am also on Atenolol.”

Anonymous March 1, 2012

“Norvasc worked fantastic for about a year then I started experiencing muscle twitching and cramps that got worse and worse. I have been trying to switch to another medicine and haven't had much luck. I pray I can find a medicine as good as Norvasc. I can tell you that numerous blood tests have been run and while this medicine MAY cause cramps, my blood sugar, cholesterol, liver panel, metabolic panel, CBC, creatinine, etc. are all perfect! I have a lot of faith to the fact that this medicine will not harm you other than possibly muscle cramps or fluid retention. I experienced no fluid retention BUT I exercise.”

Anonymous February 20, 2012

“I used Norvasc for years for blood pressure control, until I had sudden onset of swollen ankles/lower legs. ”

Anonymous January 23, 2012

“I was on Norvasc for 2 weeks. I felt dizzy, tired, cold, and got headaches every night. Switched medicines now, still trying to get it out of my system.”

Anonymous December 2, 2011

“I have been taking this medicine now for 6 weeks and am experiencing tremendous flushing with it. So far it hasn't helped my blood pressure go down much. Doctor says give it a little while longer. One day I almost passed out, got light headed and felt like I was in another dimension! Doctor says he can't say for sure it was a side effect of this medicine. I will keep trying it for awhile longer.”

patsygirl November 29, 2011

“I have been on Narvasc 5mg for about 4 months. It doesn't control my blood pressure for the 24 hours and my pulse constantly stays elevated. I have swelling in my feet and ankles and I'm tired all the time. I get flushing sensations and ringing in my ears sometimes. Also feel dizzy at times and have dry mouth. All these medications are horrible. We have no choice but to suffer if we take them or not take them. ”

Dann k November 8, 2011

“I have been taking Amlodipine (Norvasc) for about 2 months. Norvasc (Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg) did lower my blood pressure from 150's over 80's to 120's over 60's. That's great. Problem is with side effects every day. Intestinal cramps, diarrhea, gas. Begins about 5 hours after I take the pill. Stomach (intestines ?) roll constantly for about 3 hours. I am going to try splitting the pills in half and see if lower dosage stops the side effects. If not, I guess I'll go back to the doctor and try something else for blood pressure. It seems like all of these blood pressure pills have side effects of one kind or another.”

live&love August 17, 2011

“I'm 25 years old and I'm taking 10mg of Norvasc and 25mg of hydrochlorothiazide and at the moment I'm not liking either of the medicines. Between stuffy nose, sore throat, increased thirst, dry mouth, severely dry skin, blurred vision, it makes me feel like its worse than having high blood pressure. My side effects are symptoms of an allergic reaction so maybe someone else might have better luck than me.”

Anonymous August 1, 2011

“I had sexual side effects from Norvasc and it only moderately controlled my hypertension.”

Anonymous April 11, 2011

“After taking Norvasc 10mg for 3 months I found my feet ankles and hands were swelling up, also gained weight even though I walk every day. My Doctor has put me on Avapro and I will monitor it for the next 3 months. ”

Ron 59 December 13, 2010

“I took Norvasc for approximately 7 years. It works fine lowering my blood pressure however it began to swell my gums and I was taken off it.”

Anonymous October 2, 2010

“My blood pressure went up to 220/150 and I was placed on Norvasc 10mg and Diovan 80mg. Been on this for over a year now and my blood pressure is currently 120/80 and I have had no side effects other than swelling on the lower leg which steady brisk walking has handled. The combination worked very well for me.”

Pixeljim July 18, 2010

“This drug has worked very fast in reducing high blood pressure. I was on lisinopril but developed hives, swollen lips and tongue so doctor switched me to Norvasc. I seem to still have occasional hives but not as severe and may be triggered by heat. AZ this time of year is quite hot.”

Anonymous June 18, 2010

“Both my husband and I have been taking Norvasc for a period of approximately 6 months. It has lowered both of our blood pressures into the normal range and we have suffered absolutely no side effects.”

Anonymous December 7, 2009

“I was switched to Norvasc from another blood pressure medicine about a week ago. I am not sure if its helping yet for my blood pressure but I am not liking the side effects. I have had a migraine everyday since I started taking it.”

Anonymous December 1, 2009

“Took 5mg for almost a year. It did a great job on blood pressure. But I got progressively worse muscle cramps, especially in my calfs. Could not run for more than a few minutes without intense pain. Had to switch to another medication.”

aml11172 November 16, 2009

“This medicine and I did not mix. I was really sick the whole time I took the medicine. I swelled up on my hands, feet and ankles. I was nauseous, extremely weak, my extremities were either numb, burning or painful. I heard my heartbeat constantly in my ears and had this awful crawling pain up my the back of my neck, itched, sweated and froze constantly, stuffy nose and so much more that I actual could not sleep. No, this is not a medication for all people. Dose changes did not help since the low dose promoted the majority of my ill effects. This medicine does well for some but, do speak up if you do not feel well on the medication.”

johnwwebb July 17, 2009

“30 minutes after taking one 5MG tablet, I suffered chills and had to sleep in a jacket in an attempt to stay warm in July. The chills continued from 10PM to 6 AM the next morning. ”

Anonymous June 25, 2009

“I've only been on Norvasc 10mg for about a week. It has lowered my blood pressure and so far no side effects. Will keep on monitoring it.”

Anonymous June 25, 2009

“I have been taking Norvasc 5mg for 6 months. It makes me tired, have had weight gain, and now have palpitations when I take it. It hasn't lowered my blood pressure by much. I exercise daily and take vitamins.”

Middle age women March 31, 2009

“My doctor recommended me to take this medicine 5mg. My blood pressure became stable. Also I compare with other High Blood pressure medications. Not so much side effects and doesn't affect my work.”

Samual March 27, 2009

“This medication did not lower my blood pressure or pulse rate at all.”