User Reviews for Norvasc (Page 2)

Learn more about Norvasc.

Migraine Prevention 5 reviews 30 medications

9.2
Raynaud's Syndrome 3 reviews 48 medications

High Blood Pressure 58 reviews 264 medications

4.7
Summary of Norvasc reviews 66 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Norvasc

For High Blood Pressure "Keeps my blood pressure down. I have been taking it for 5 months, I now have muscle cramps, and have a problem sleeping. I am going to try a new medicine, I can't take the severe cramping in my body."

Sanricka December 10, 2013

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "With the DASH diet and exercise my BP was still high and the doctor increased my daily 5mg of Norvasc to 10mg. It helps decrease my usual 170/104 to approx 150/70 but only for a few hours. I am fatigued, headaches and super cold feet and hands constantly. I also have muscle cramps. I feel as if I had a heart attack a few days ago but my doctor says its gastritis. The side effects are worse than hypertension itself! Maybe I need a new medicine and/or a new physician. Good health to you!"

11Gs February 28, 2013

224 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I am 27 years old and I had blood pressure of 150/100, around the high range for a few days at the very least but within 2 hours of taking Norvasc 5g my BP dropped to around 128/86. I have just taken this once in my life."

Sky24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2013

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Started on Norvasc about 1 wk ago and my bld pressure has gone from 180-200/100 to 120 /75, my heart rate has increased which is ok because I was on Bystolic for a short time and my heart rate dropped into the 40's. "

Anonymous October 16, 2012

For Migraine Prevention "I started taking Norvasc after trying many other meds. including Topamax which had too many bad side effects for me. So far since starting about a month ago; I have only had 1 headache and that was at the very beginning. No side effects. I was having headaches which was affected by weather pressure; about 1 a week. So nice not to have them and to feel good on this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2012

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "No side effects. Blood pressure fairly well controlled on 5 mg of this only."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2012

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Raynaud's Syndrome "At first I got fantastic results. I have severe Raynaud's and was basically house bound. It even presented in warm weather. At first the Norvasc totally removed the symptoms. They seem to have come back, however, and it is mid-summer. I also take Ritalin for narcolepsy and I fear that it may be causing some of the symptoms. I would recommend trying this medicine for Raynaud's. I take 5 mg per day."

lleegle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "Within a few days of starting this medicine, I became very aware of my heart beat and my heart seemed to be racing. I attended a pre-operative assessment where I was given a routine ECG and this confirmed that I had become tachycardic while taking amlodipine. My pulse was racing at over 100 BPM and my blood pressure actually went UP while I was taking this medicine. I had to discontinue use to stop the adverse effects."

JHBARCLAY (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2012

190 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "I was given Norvasc to replace Lisinopril after I started having constant coughing. I take it for hypertension, but I am a frequent migraine sufferer, especially due to changes in air pressure and to exercise. The first week on Norvasc, I had a migraine all day, every day. The following week, I took no migraine medication (Imitrex) or OTC meds at all - even though we had two days when I would normally have had weather-related issues, and I played tennis on another day. I did have swollen feet the first few days, but I increased my water intake and that seems to be the key for me. So far I'm very impressed with the results."

cghipp April 19, 2012

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "No side efects as of yet (taken for 4 weeks so far) only taken while on high doses of steroids (80mg daily but deceasing 10mg every 3 days. Keeping my BP in my normal range of 110/60."

Ers April 16, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "I found it very effective to control high blood pressure."

Anonymous April 16, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "Norvasc has lowered my blood pressure from 160/102 to about 110/80 on 10 mg. The side effects are debilitating for me. I have horrible chest pains and unable to do much without exhaustion. I have lost so much weight due to lack of appetite. Dr. does not want to take me off because I have difficulty finding anything that lowers my blood pressure. I am also on Atenolol."

Kikzy March 16, 2012

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Norvasc worked fantastic for about a year then I started experiencing muscle twitching and cramps that got worse and worse. I have been trying to switch to another medicine and haven't had much luck. I pray I can find a medicine as good as Norvasc. I can tell you that numerous blood tests have been run and while this medicine MAY cause cramps, my blood sugar, cholesterol, liver panel, metabolic panel, CBC, creatinine, etc. are all perfect! I have a lot of faith to the fact that this medicine will not harm you other than possibly muscle cramps or fluid retention. I experienced no fluid retention BUT I exercise."

Anonymous March 1, 2012

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I used Norvasc for years for blood pressure control, until I had sudden onset of swollen ankles/lower legs. "

Anonymous February 20, 2012

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I was on Norvasc for 2 weeks. I felt dizzy, tired, cold, and got headaches every night. Switched medicines now, still trying to get it out of my system."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking this medicine now for 6 weeks and am experiencing tremendous flushing with it. So far it hasn't helped my blood pressure go down much. Doctor says give it a little while longer. One day I almost passed out, got light headed and felt like I was in another dimension! Doctor says he can't say for sure it was a side effect of this medicine. I will keep trying it for awhile longer."

Anonymous December 2, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "I have been on Narvasc 5mg for about 4 months. It doesn't control my blood pressure for the 24 hours and my pulse constantly stays elevated. I have swelling in my feet and ankles and I'm tired all the time. I get flushing sensations and ringing in my ears sometimes. Also feel dizzy at times and have dry mouth. All these medications are horrible. We have no choice but to suffer if we take them or not take them. "

patsygirl November 29, 2011

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking Amlodipine (Norvasc) for about 2 months. Norvasc (Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg) did lower my blood pressure from 150's over 80's to 120's over 60's. That's great. Problem is with side effects every day. Intestinal cramps, diarrhea, gas. Begins about 5 hours after I take the pill. Stomach (intestines ?) roll constantly for about 3 hours. I am going to try splitting the pills in half and see if lower dosage stops the side effects. If not, I guess I'll go back to the doctor and try something else for blood pressure. It seems like all of these blood pressure pills have side effects of one kind or another."

Dann k November 8, 2011

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "Norvasc was given to me to treat migraine headaches. I am 28 years old. I was having them as frequently as every other day. I dealt with this for five years before being prescribed Norvasc. After two months of taking a 5mg dosage, I can say I am a new person!"

Anonymous September 12, 2011

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I'm 25 years old and I'm taking 10mg of Norvasc and 25mg of hydrochlorothiazide and at the moment I'm not liking either of the medicines. Between stuffy nose, sore throat, increased thirst, dry mouth, severely dry skin, blurred vision, it makes me feel like its worse than having high blood pressure. My side effects are symptoms of an allergic reaction so maybe someone else might have better luck than me."

live&love August 17, 2011

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I had sexual side effects from Norvasc and it only moderately controlled my hypertension."

Anonymous August 1, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "After taking Norvasc 10mg for 3 months I found my feet ankles and hands were swelling up, also gained weight even though I walk every day. My Doctor has put me on Avapro and I will monitor it for the next 3 months. "

Anonymous April 11, 2011

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "I took Norvasc for approximately 7 years. It works fine lowering my blood pressure however it began to swell my gums and I was taken off it."

Ron 59 December 13, 2010

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "My blood pressure went up to 220/150 and I was placed on Norvasc 10mg and Diovan 80mg. Been on this for over a year now and my blood pressure is currently 120/80 and I have had no side effects other than swelling on the lower leg which steady brisk walking has handled. The combination worked very well for me."

Anonymous October 2, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "This drug has worked very fast in reducing high blood pressure. I was on lisinopril but developed hives, swollen lips and tongue so doctor switched me to Norvasc. I seem to still have occasional hives but not as severe and may be triggered by heat. AZ this time of year is quite hot."

Pixeljim July 18, 2010