Brilinta Tablets Dosage
Generic name: TICAGRELOR 90mg
Dosage form: tablet
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 28, 2020.
Acute Coronary Syndrome or a History of Myocardial Infarction
In the management of ACS, initiate BRILINTA treatment with a 180 mg loading dose. Administer 90 mg twice daily during the first year after an ACS event. After one year, administer 60 mg twice daily.
2.2 Coronary Artery Disease but No Prior Stroke or Myocardial Infarction
Administer 60 mg twice daily. For all patients with ACS see Dosage and Administration (2.1).
Administer BRILINTA with a daily maintenance dose of aspirin of 75-100 mg [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2) and Clinical Studies (14)]. A patient who misses a dose of BRILINTA should take one tablet (their next dose) at its scheduled time.
For patients who are unable to swallow tablets whole, BRILINTA tablets can be crushed, mixed with water and drunk. The mixture can also be administered via a nasogastric tube (CH8 or greater) [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
Do not administer BRILINTA with another oral P2Y12 platelet inhibitor.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Is ticagrelor a prodrug?
- Is ticagrelor better than clopidogrel?
- Is Brilinta a blood thinner or antiplatelet?
- How long should Brilinta be held/stopped before surgery?
- Brilinta vs Plavix: what's the difference?
- How long do I have to take Brilinta after a stent or heart attack?
- How long does it take for Brilinta to work?
- What foods should I eat or avoid when taking Brilinta?
- What pain medication can I take with Brilinta?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Brilinta?
More about Brilinta (ticagrelor)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 51 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: platelet aggregation inhibitors
- FDA Alerts (3)
- FDA Approval History