User Reviews for Brilinta

Learn more about Brilinta.

Brilinta Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Acute Coronary Syndrome.

Reviews for Brilinta to treat Acute Coronary Syndrome

"While sleeping I experience night-time shortness of breath bad enough to wake me up gasping for air. Now I know why; Brilinta. Very fatigued also. Takes All morning to get going. Some rear-thigh cramps at night also. Other than that I suppose it's working to keep me from having a clot form. My Surgeon says he'll take me off Brilinta on my first anniversary date of heart attack; Yeah!"

barther (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2016

"this drug caused incredible severe nosebleeds that landed me in the hospital, to the point where my bathroom looked like a crime scene. Had to miss work because of the side effect of the drug. I had to use two inhalers, one was daily and one was a rescue inhaler due to severe shortness of breath. This drug should not be on the market, it is dangerous!"

maguire1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

"Hello! At this time I have no side effects"

Shurai (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

"Why on earth would Brlinita be approved for heart patients when shortness of breathe is a side affect. A pretty sick joke. I was not amused and told the doctor I would not continue taking it, regardless what the drug rep said of the side affect potentially leaving in a few days."

Offended (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

"My Mom was placed on Brillenta on 1/4/16 and was in the hospital. As soon as she was placed on the medication she complained of a funny feeling in her stomach. Was discharged 4 days later and still had a funny feeling in her stomach...which was blamed on anxiety. She continued to complain to doctors about this funny feeling up until taken back to the ER on 1-26-16 for the funny feeling...ultimately my Mom passed away on 1/27/16 with a GI bleed...I'm very concerned it was caused by this drug!"

Schamole February 4, 2016

"Had a heart attack four years ago & for the first three years afterward, Plavix was my prescribed medication as a blood thinner. I kept complaining to my physician that I was experiencing something weird; what I called a "roving arthritis". I was usually waking in the mornings with one or both hands so swollen in the joints that I couldn't hold a coffee cup. Or, I'd get out of bed & could only limp around due to swollen, painful ankles. I was miserable, so I finally did my own research online & found Brilinta. About one month after switching to Brilinta, my joint pain has totally stopped! On Brilinta for almost a year; a very positive experience. Only 1 negative: my insurance doesn't cover near as much as Plavix. Very spendy."

Nanuck of the North (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2016

"Brilinta 90mg 2x daily with 81mg aspirin. Dull aches all over body since starting this after a mild MI event, especially lower back (both sides). Mild, tolerable headaches as well but they are less frequent than body aches. Will be switching to Plavix, at least if the side effects are the same and the end result is the same, why am I buying Brilinta? Just doesn't feel safe."

HighAltitudes December 15, 2015

"I have been taking Brilinta for almost two years and am just finally able to get off of it. I feel like I have been tired for months. I feel like the med did it's job overall and am thankful it. Just tired all of the time."

Tom S. November 14, 2015

"I had been taking Coumadin and Plavix for years with no problem. Since Brilinta, the bleeding, bruising, nausea, and joint pain have been horrible. And yes, my PT/INR levels are within the therapeutic level between 2 and 3."

Don Cape Coral Florida October 22, 2015

"Just started it a few days ago . I am experiencing slight difficulty in getting enough air when at rest. This began 2 days ago while still hospitalized after the insertion of a stent the DES type.."

bartholemu August 6, 2015