User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Lisinopril Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Diabetic Kidney Disease.

Reviews for Lisinopril to treat Diabetic Kidney Disease

"I have taken Lisinopril for years, 10 mg. Just recently my kidney doctor raised me to 20 mg. This did not work because it gave me diarrhea. So now they have changed me to losartan 50 mg. I am still having diarrhea. So now the doctor needs to figure out what to give me that will help my blood pressure but NOT give me diarrhea."

Anonymous May 15, 2016

"Started this drug in January, 2016. My Primary Care prescribed this drug, because he said it was new on the market, and would help diabetes kidney issues. My blood pressure is normal from taking Cardizem. Started with coughing issues in January. Dr prescribed 10 days of Prednisone with Mucinex DM and Probiotics. Still kept coughing. Sometimes the cough was proactive/dry. Called my Doctor on Feb 22, 2016 because my left ear stopped up for a couple of hours and still have the coughing issues. Prescribed another bout of Prednisone. Went to see Primary Care on Fri 26th Feb, 2016 with coughing issues and wheezing which isn't good for my COPD. Did the nebulizer. Didn't work, so now I am in the Hospital with lung issues."

KFTL February 27, 2016

"Lisinopril(taken at 5mg and 10mg) put my chronic kidney disease in remission, but it gives me hypotension and syncope."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

"Really works and cheap. "

tianw2009 July 2, 2011

"I have been taking this medication for 6 months, so far it is working ok with no side effects."

Anonymous January 30, 2011

"I have been taking it for 3 weeks and I have headaches, a constant cough, nausea, itching (mild) and weakness. I went off of it for two days and I felt better. I am going to ask my doctor to prescribe an alternative as the cough and nausea are getting worse and I have a severe headache everyday at the same time. My blood pressure has not changed."

Anonymous April 9, 2009