User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Lisinopril Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 346 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lisinopril to treat High Blood Pressure

"Severe intestinal angio endema began within 2 weeks of taking this drug. Caused an anal fissure which is extremely painful and had to be cauterized. All symptoms disappeared within a week of discontinuing this drug. Not sure if it matters, but my blood type is AB-."

severe reaction (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking it for 2 years but feel very tired and need many times to nap in mod afternoon Vision has become blurry especially in the mornings after taking the pill Can anybody tell me if this pill should be in the morning ? Stool has softened but is is not the problem I am very worried specially after reading these reviews ....perhaps I should seek alternate options"

FernandoL June 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Tired all the time, asleep more than awake. My legs are tired and aching so much they prevent me walking"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug gave me drug induced lupus"

Christine Stetson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After taking this medicine for some 2 years I started to get swelling in the eye areas. Twice it just swelled up around the upper eye lids. Last night, during the night it swelled up completely the other eye, went to emergency room and the whole time I thought it was just allergies. The doctor said it was lisinopril and if I don't stop taking it, it could swell up the neck area and close off the breathing. If you are having this swelling, be sure to tell your doctor."

58 year male May 23, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this for literally years. One day I started swelling. Got a horrible rash and was told I have Angeoedema because of the Lisinopril. Not only that I was told I may have this thing come back for years to come. I am diabetic so the steroids they use to treat the Angeoedema cause my sugars to go dangerously high. I find this unacceptable. The Doctor at the hospital told me this is common. This drug is dangerous and the company knows it and down plays this common complication as if it were rare."

Anonymous May 16, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started on 10 mg a few months ago and its lowered my BP some, but not enough. No noticed side effects and tomorrow I go back to Dr to see if I should up the dosage."

Kjls joan May 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Beware I felt same like my heart was racing I just took it for 2 weeks then I just got off it but I just learned not to quit it all at once could be very dangerous slowly get off pill ask your doctor this pill is very bad horrible I haven't felt the same since I took it beware"

Anonymous April 30, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this for high blood pressure I felt lightheaded like I was gonna faint Then I had a lot of gas and loose stools Lethargic sick feeling I skipped a day So felt a lot better decided to try again Today took it at noon I just kept feeling weaker and weaker I could barely walk I had awful gas in my chest was tight I felt awful all day all night I only took a half Of a 10 mg each time I am not taking this again no thanks I would rather have high blood pressure I felt better then lol"

A54ok April 26, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"In 1 week I had Joint pain, back pain, confusion, mood swings, loss of vision, panic attacks, out of body sensations. Doctor asked me to describe exactly why I wanted off of this medicine: Best way I can describe it is.. "it's like I'm taking poison". No joke. Beware."

Ry322111 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I been taking lisinopril about 3 months ago I have to said it works for me until now, I been having body aches, stomach pain, dry cough and also confusion..I haven't take it for the last couple of day and my blood pressure is 156/91 I'm afraid to take it again..I've been trying home remedies to lower my blood pressure..beware of this medication!!"

Joanne70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My doc just put me on this stuff last week, the first afternoon I took it, I was just so spaced out, and walking around in a fog, I hated it. I thought I would take it before bed, so the fog would at lest be while I slept. WRONG! Took it around 10:00 PM, went to bed at about 11:30, fell asleep ok, THEN... woke up at 1:00 AM, with pounding heart, and mild chest pain. Was awake until 5:00 AM, slept maybe an hour, then had to get up for my day. didn't take it the next night, and decided to take the next day in the afternoon. Well, here I am, feeling like garbage, and reading all the bad reviews. Not going to take anymore of it. Thanks to all who shared."

Sawin April 7, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Poison- don't take this! Lots of terrible side effects, it got so bad that I lost my far vision at the store one day, I could only see things within a foot or two. It took 10 minutes for my vision to return to normal. Poison!"

Pleasefindbettermeds (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 20, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This stuff is pure poison plain and simple and anybody trying to portray this as a "medication" should be jailed. I hadn't been to a doctor in 44 years when the V.A. insisted that my BP was so high they couldn't put me into their database unless I took a BP "medication. Day one, "immediately" I fell off a cliff with side effects that were the same as daily doses of deadly "poisons". The "doctor",HA! says "keep taking it you'll get used to it. 10 weeks go by and, I continue to complain and the doctor continues to say "keep taking it you'll get used to it! Well, in 10 weeks I lost 32lbs. of solid muscle, I also had every side effect that the "hidden literature" listed that no-one bothered to tell me about !"

Enlightened Barbarian March 6, 2017

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I can take this at 1.25 mg per day and it sets my BP at about 130/75 steadily. I was running about 150/90 before. I started at 2.5 mg (doc wanted 5 mg) and was a little short of breath. Went to 1.25 mg and it's plenty. If you are taking a larger dose try taking less before giving up from side effects. I can stop taking this for a few days and my BP stays low for about 3-4 days even. I am wondering if I am having some body achy-ness and foot pain from this though. Also a bit more mucous when on this. Not sure whether to try something else as this is effective for the BP. And dirt cheap."

momtokippy March 4, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug was quite effective for me for a long time. While I did cough some while taking it, it was never bothersome. Just recently, I did halt taking lisinopril, as I began experiencing facial and head tingling. I initially thought it was possibly stress or the multivitamins I also take. However, after eliminating the lisinopril, the facial and head tingling stopped, virtually immediately. So, as with anything, medications sometimes need to be re-evaluated for one's body."

Yvonnes February 26, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking lisinopril 10 mg about two months ago it was ok untill two weeks ago stools started to get real soft then got dirreaha very gassy wind all day. I never had problems with my bowels I'm 79 years old so I'm going off them and then going on another by pill."

Hotgrammy. ni (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Yes, this will lower your BP. It also makes me very tired, dizzy when bending over and extremely exhausted when exerting energy. How am I supposed to improve my diastolic condition if I can even run for a mile without wanting to pass out.....I hate this drug! How can someone function with a heart rate of 90/ 65? Seriously!"

Jeff hates lisinopril! February 21, 2017

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine worked so well on my friend, but for me I start coughing like crazy for a whole week before I did find it was Lisinopril that makes me cough. I changed the medicine to Amlodipine and it was a nightmare. I just come back from the doctors office he changed me to Cozaar. I hope this medicine will work for me."

Ahmed Benali February 17, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Because this works for some I will not say it is a bad medication. It did bring down my blood pressure, however, for the week I took it I could not sleep more than an hour or two at a time. I have both a pulse ox meter as well as a BP meter and started keeping close watch and found that while on Lisinopril my resting pulse went very low. It was 44 at one point and rarely went above 70. My Dr was not concerned because he said that it did not stay in the low range, however, in my conclusion I believe that I was not sleeping because my pulse went too low and I was forced to wake up in order to get my resting pulse to raise enough to keep me alive. After stopping the medication my resting pulse went back up to its normal rate of around 60-75."

misspj2 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Do not take this drug. It causes excess mucus and coughing to the point of vomiting. It also causes terrible stomach pain. I took this for over a year and kept blaming my increased sinus mucus on allergies, milk products etc. The day I stopped the drug my symptoms stopped as well. Really doctors should never prescribe such a drug! It can also damage your liver and pancreas. Best to deal with your high blood pressure naturally than suffer the considerable side effects of the drugs that doctors prescribe. They get kick backs and lobster dinners from the drug reps to push their medication. Never take any medication without first trying to alter your life style and diet.. See a holistic doctor first"

Don't listen to doctors (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2017

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had experienced increasing blood pressure, which my physician and I thought was related to my anxiety disorder. After adding lisinopril 20 mg, nonheadaches, reductions in anxiety, and decreased flushing. My quality of life is so much better. If your readings are over 140/90 ask your physician about this lifesaver medication. It also has kidney protective properties."

Thaddeus Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking the lisinoprol a few weeks ago and I woke up with a migraine and throwing up. So I quit taking it. Wanted to try it again and the same thing.. Migraine and throwing u.. I think the high bp is better than that.. I've tried it four times and the same thing keeps happening."

Rhondakaren January 28, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"getting hard and staying hard is tough"

hard on less (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 28, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Blackout! Urgent care said high potassium levels (hyperkalemia). Type1 diabetic, I don't eat bananas or take supplements. Treated cuts from fall and discontinued pills."

Poothamby (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2017