User Reviews for Lisinopril to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 3)

Also known as: Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis

Lisinopril Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lisinopril

PizzaLover · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2019

“I was on Lisinopril for about 4 months. I've never coughed so much in my life. I also had a constant metallic taste in my mouth. It did lower my blood pressure, but the side effects were not worth it. I had my doctor change it.”

Doats June 8, 2019

“I had been taking Lisinopril for a few years. 10 days ago I picked up a new script and the next day had a small rash on my face. I thought it was from my flight. After it calmed down, 2 days ago it started up again only this time my whole face was swollen, rash on my neck and chest, ulcerations in my mouth and throat, and some very bad intestinal pains. I've told doctors for a long time I have a problem with Sulfa in medications. I just read that this is a medicine I shouldn't have been taking at all. I'm in so much pain and itchy skin. I am nauseated and a bad headache. I stopped taking it but now I have to let the reaction calm in it's own. I'm afraid to go in and have them pump something else into me that I react to.”

Carrie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 30, 2019

“I've been taking lisinopril for almost a year, it brought my blood pressure down to 80's over 50's, the dry cough won't go away. I don't feel that my pressure should be this low so after doing some research on my own I have decided to stop this medication. There's an article call 4 worst blood pressure drugs that goes through and explains the effect of these meds I suggest that you look up this article if you take lisinopril.”

Revelation · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 27, 2019

“I have had difficulties with blood pressure meds, examples as medicine would cause me to faint. I was taken off that med and prescribed Lisinipril which worked for me for awhile. My readings were in normal range until the day I developed a side effect. I took my med at night as prescribed and I woke up something was wrong with me my throat felt like I was having problem swallowing and my lips were enormous. I was rushed to the hospital and put into intensive care and I discovered my kidneys had been effected by Lisinipril. I discovered my personal side effects from the nurses experience you could have used this medicine for 1 day or years but you can develop side effects. Now my kidneys are damaged from this lisinopril and I will be under a nephrologist or kidney specialist for the rest of my life”

wayno123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 15, 2019

“I had mildly raised blood pressure 130/85 and the nurse practitioner advised me to try lisinopril to get me down to 120/80 - I had been suffering from mild ED at that time. After 6 months the ED was much worse - I found a study online that showed 80% of men over 60 who took lisinopril developed or made worse, their ED. Losartan helped but never got back to where I was before lisinopril - kind of male castration?”

KC · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

“Been on this drug for 5 days now. Have had high blood pressure for several years and it kept getting higher and higher. Doc started me on 10mg when I was 178/100 at last appointment. Within the first day of taking it my BP has been just under 120/80. The very surprising thing is I have more energy from the first day I have taken this. I feel so much better. No side effects yet. No cough, was dizzy one time when I stood up but it hasn't happened again. I hope this continues to be a life saver for me until I can drop about 50 pounds and hopefully get off if it completely.”

Ninja March 30, 2019

“Diagnosed with high blood pressure over 20 years ago. I have been on 10mg dose of Zestril, then the generic-Lisinopril. I have always had the annoying cough with it, but with my family history of heart disease, I would just deal with it. Up until about 6 months ago, my lisinopril came from Mylan Pharmaceuticals. Now my pharmacy said their wholesaler can’t get Mylan and instead have me on lisinopril manufactured by Lupin. I have been giving it a try, but it’s not working. My blood pressure was controlled previously, but since the switch it’s high, I am lightheaded and anxious. Not sure what’s with the coating of Lupin brand, but my stomach grumbles something fierce after I take it. I have not taken it for three days now and so far feel better. None of the pharmacies in my area carry Mylan lisinopril. I have a call in to my doctor to see what else she can recommend. We want our meds to come from US manufactures. Cheaper is not always better.”

D March 29, 2019

“Was told I had high blood pressure (BP) at the start of 2019. No news there as I know I don't live the healthiest lifestyle & I was told my BP was slightly elevated about a year prior to this. I reluctantly started 20mg of Lisinopril. At first everything seemed ok, I had random pains on my arms, lower back, neck, jaw, etc.. but I attributed that to my body just getting use to meds. Two months later my bp has only slightly been lower but at what cost. I'm now starting to feel nauseous & have lost my appetite for about two days now. The pains are still here with now pains starting to be pin pointed towards where my heart is. I don't know if I had a silent heart attack, if its a side effect of lisinopril or an acid reflux. I'm losing hair, my nails and big toe nails have blackish red lines running accross them and my scalp & cheek/nose are flushed & pink. I've never experienced pains like this before until I had started accepting this medication. I recommend trying a healthier lifestyle before trying meds.”

Mom2twoboys · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2019

“Lisinopril is awful, I just couldn't deal with the cough. When she prescribed it, my doctor said ... “Oh, you might get a little cough.” She then proceeded to START me on 40mg!!!! This is NOT a little cough. Repeated coughing spasms throughout the day, haven’t slept even remotely well in months. I stopped taking it 10 days ago because I couldn’t deal with the coughing and lack of sleep any more. My BP is acceptable, but I cannot shake this awful cough. I couldn’t tell you how many cough drops I’ve consumed, and how many bottles of cough syrup I’ve gone through.”

nan · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2019

“I started taking lisinopril two years ago an it is a good medication to lower blood pressure. But a side effect to the lisinopril is I have started to lose hair and my fingernails are ridged and brittle. Never had this problem before. It also causes a dry hacking cough. WISH I could get off this medicine.”

AnythingElse · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2019

“I've been using Lisinopril for nearly a month. It has slightly reduced by BP and I haven't been getting headaches which is a major plus. The only downside I've noticed is the stuffy runny nose and horrible dry hacking cough. I will ask my Dr for something else. I can't even sit through a meeting without disturbing everyone.”

Randy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2019

“Very bad drug. Had this rapid heartbeat out of the blue which in turn, had to go to emergency room on 3 occasions over a 3 month period. After, finding out my blood work was ok, heart was in good order after a couple of stress tests, then I thought I should get an endoscopy ( I do have gerd). After, the results on gets ok ( negative), I knew it had to be the medicine. Just a debacle.”

Bee · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2019

“Very hoarse voice. Tickle in the back of throat, lots of mucus/coughing I'm on antibiotics for 3 days now, still no improvements. I though I had a cold with just coughing and mucus for the previous 7 days. Finally realized it's a side effect of this bp med. This morning was the last dose on this lisinopril. Bye lisinopril I need my voice back please.”

Mao jr December 30, 2018

“Do your own research. Ask a lot of questions. Don't believe the official talking points. The FDA will not be be able to protect you. If you are experiencing an unexpected spike in blood pressure or other issues it could be the manufacturer and not the Lisinopril.”

mspaula702 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 28, 2018

“I've been on this medication for about 3 years and I've never had a problem with it. My blood pressure was controlled. One day I suddenly broke out with small bumps and welts, swollen bottom lip, swollen hands, and my throat hurt. My husband took me to the urgent care center and from there I was taken to the emergency room at the hospital via ambulance. I couldn't believe this was happening. I knew it was something wrong but did not think it was too serious to be taken to the hospital. I was given benadryl thru an I..V. and other meds. Advised me to stop taking lisinopril immediately and put me on a different blood pressure medication. I have an appointment with my PCP next week. The swelling has completely gone away but the itching is still in effect.”

san · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2018

“I wasn't told that Lisinipril would prevent migraines which I have been plagued with and paid out of pocket oh, so much money for prescriptions for many years. Within 5 days I wondered why I had not yet had a headache. Each day, waiting, questioning, finally googled it. My suspicions were correct. I started Lisinipril 17 days ago and have not had a headache in 15 days. I had averaged a migraine every 2-3 days. If I was really lucky I might, just might go 4 days. So???? Curious way my Dr. didn't mention it knowing my history, but who cares. Praying it remains this way and thank you, God for this new lease on life.”

Damo RUN · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2018

“I was on cardizem since I was 15 yrs old it was okay up until the last 2 years. I started having stomach problems... So my doctor switched me to Zestril (linsinopril) at the beginning of December. I have only been on it a couple of weeks and it has lowered my BP. But the side effects are horrible.. I cough constantly, itchy, chest pains, I already have joint problems and it has made my joints a lot worse, I constantly feel nauseous now. I feel like I'm shivering all the time. My insomnia is horrible, Anxiety is thru the roof, I feel like I'm going to pass out, my vision gets blurry, depressed feeling. I honestly feel like this medicine has taken more from me than the high blood pressure”

Jeannie December 1, 2018

“I was put on Lisinopril as a second medicine with my Toprol Succinate. I stayed on it nine days and it really made me sneeze, plus itch so bad on my entire back.(not broke out at all) .....you know get up out of bed and scratch on the door jamb!! And still have reoccurring pain with shingles from l0 years ago under bra line. and I called doc and told him I was quitting. I had to stay so close to the bathroom to pee every 1/2 hour for most of 2 days after quitting.”

hjs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 30, 2018

“Wow! I was on 5mg amlodipine for years for borderline high BP and it didn't lower my BP much at all if any. I switched to low dose 2.5mg linsinipril and it dropped BP like a hammer. Rock solid perfect BP. I have zero side effects so this is a keeper for me. I was on a higher dose of 20mg and it gave me bad side effects feeling like crap. But 2.5mg works for me.”

iconoclast · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

“My experience with lisinopril was a short one. I have had slightly elevated BP since I was in my early 20's but never did anything about it until I was in my late 30's. I was given low dose lisinopril first. I took it maybe 3 months which was my scheduled follow-up with my doctor. Almost immediately after I started taking it, the coughing began. No other side effects that I am aware of. I told the doctor about the cough and he switched me to a low dose of losartan. Cough was gone immediately. That was over 10 years ago and no issues at all with losartan and it works as intended for lowering my BP.”

Lissa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 9, 2018

“I was started on Lisinopril 8 months ago for high blood pressure. In the beginning it worked great at lowering my blood pressure but after sometime I started noticing that I felt tired all the time and has absolutely no energy. Around month 7 I started breaking out in hives, itching and feeling like bugs were crawling on me and was extremely dizzy when I would stand up and developed a cough that wouldn't go away. I saw my doctor and told him everything that was going on and he switched me to Losartan and I'm praying I don't experience any bad side effects with it.”

beachgirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 7, 2018

“Just rec'd report of blood work for upcoming physical in Dec. Little stumped... Potassium high BUN and Creat high. Long story short I have been on Lisinopril for a couple of years with no problems...or so I thought. Increased to 40mg about 6 months ago. Vision changes, significant...but I also had a near fatal truck accident....so were the visual changes from the crash???or the anti-hypertensive??? Also increase in really bad anxiety...oh so lovely - the kind where you feel like you could jump out of your skin. Now not to be a downer, yes the med brought my B/P down and for that alone I am very grateful. I am just annoyed that the possible side effects were not shared. Also increased heart rate, palpitations, sweating...(so enjoyable) yep done whining will call doc. tomorrow.”

Ackack October 3, 2018

“Not working at all. I had valve repair in June. BP was fine until August then it started to go up. I also monitor it daily. Was put on Coreg first and still am on it. Last visit 3 weeks ago they also put me on Lisinopril 10 mg. Has not done a thing to help none of my numbers are lower and are the same as when just on Coreg. Fortunately am not experiencing side effects. Going back next week for the Doctor's to play their game of "Dart Board" medications and see what they put me on next.”

Tech · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2018

“I am a 65 year old in good health but have slightly elevated blood pressure. I am on no other meds. Started taking 10mg of Lisinopril about 2 months ago. While my blood pressure was reduced to an average 117/75 the side effects of this meds got progressively worse. Dry cough, weakness, nodding off at mid day than insomnia at night, worse starting having anxiety issues. Now instead of a ACE I'm taking a ARB Olmesartan 10mg. Blood pressure is good and no side effects. DON'T TAKE ACE's when an ARB is just as good for high blood pressure but with out the side effect issues. I don't understand why doctors start patients on ACE's when ARB's work the same without side effects.”

bash-terminal · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2018

“10 mg lisinopril caused a modest decrease in my blood pressure on average. Down 5 points (or more) on average for the systolic. Not much change in the diastolic numbers. Side effects are non-existent. No coughing for me.”