User Reviews for Lisinopril to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 4)

Also known as: Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis

Lisinopril Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lisinopril

Sharon · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2018

“Been on 5mg lisinopril for years and it wasn’t doing much so increased to 10mg which sorted my BP out brilliantly, however within weeks an horrendous cough which worsened over months, constant skin itching and sluggish feeling as well. Doctors have now changed me to Candesartan (reviews are only average) but I have to lower BP as it’s hereditary, start today and will keep u posted.”

LoveLife · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2018

“BP med I was one was Valsartan but was recalled. Started on lisinopril 40mg. Worked great! Good BP numbers, maybe too low. So after visiting with pharmacist, cut pill in half to 20mg. Worked great. Then ... after a week the dry coughing started. After a month I was coughing off and on all night and multiple times during the day. Worn out. I returned to the doctor who changed my prescription to Losartan, which I have taken for five days. The doctor and nurse—and pharmacist—all said coughing is a common issue with Lisinopril. I would give the pill an 8 for how well it works for BP, yet downgraded it to 5 due to coughing. Nonetheless, I would not take this pill again. As with all medications, I’m sure it works for some; not for others.”

Jude · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2018

“Doctor put me on lisinopril 20 mg to reduce my BP, was in the 180’s-190’s systolic. Genetic. Took it for 4 months, BP dropped drastically to 105/50’s. After exactly 4 months broke out in severe hives, never itched so badly. Doc thought was contact dermatitis but I had read about hives from lisinopril so went off it. Now on amlodipine for past 4 days, no more welts but still adjusting. Dizzy but hope that subsides.”

J bo · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2018

“This medicine has help me a lot after 30 days 120/80 is my bp... that is the best snake venom I ever had. I will keep on taking this medicine...”

Bellesmom · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2018

“Took my first 10mg dose yesterday about 11am. Felt good all day, Blood pressure (BP) was down and thought I’d be good- then the nausea started about 8pm, with severe stomach cramps / pain starting about 9 pm and getting worse as the night went on. Did not sleep at all due to the pain. Contemplated going to ER which I’ve never done before. About 3:30-am one episode of diarrhea. Convinced it’s the med, as I felt fine before- and doesn’t feel like your typical stomach bug. The cramps are what sets it apart. Terrible. Finally started to dissipate about 6am and I got a couple hours of sleep. Just ate a piece of toast now and Gatorade.. hoping it continues to get better today- I’m NOT taking another dose. I’ll have to wait til Monday now to call the dr office and tell them. I am going on vaca tues and am not taking a chance that I’ll be sick! I’m going to continue to research more natural ways to lower my BP and maybe try CoQ10.”

12093 · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2018

“Lost my eyesight to this drug.”

1 maddad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 12, 2018

“I was given lisinopril for CHF (chronic heart failure) and high bp following a serious CHF problem that went undetected for a year. I gained 22 lbs in one year. I had no strength to do any work, no desire to do anything socially and felt weak all the time. I slept only four hours at night. I was quickly angered at the slightest irritation. Family said I was a different person. My doc changed my meds and now I feel like my old self. I now have to get my liver and kidney checked as I now have a urine problem.”

Lilly · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2018

“I started Lisinopril because my blood pressure was a little high. The first thing I noticed after a week was that I had not had ONE migraine in that time. Usually I suffer 2-3 a week and sometimes much more. I am no longer planning my life around migraines! Lisinopril has cured my migraines.”

Sam May 17, 2018

“I started taking Lisinopril 2 months ago. It did lower my BP but I had to stop immediately due to getting an eye condition called episcleritis. My eyes burned, itched, watered, and became severely red and I woke up with crusty eyes. The pain became too much to bear. I stopped the medication and they were all better in 2 days. This is a very rare side effect but I wanted to share my experience.”

Steven R May 16, 2018

“I have been taking Lisinipril for some time. Lately I have been having severe spikes and dives in readings. I called my doctor, she said to half the pills to raise my BP since I passed out twice in 3 hours in my apartment. I went to see her and could hardly drive, I was ready to pass out a the wheel of the car. When I got there my BP was 100/50. It is a miracle I made it there. So since halving the pills did help, I had to ask her to allow me to stop altogether the pills. My BP is now back to normal. It could have hurt me if I had not stopped taking it.”

Beth · Taken for 10 years or more May 16, 2018

“Someone I know on this medication had taken it for ten years ended up in ER. His face and throat swelled they were unable to intubate him so he had a tracheotomy. After being sedated in ICU for several days pneumonia set in. Day 6 in ICU they gradually awaking him his stomach was tight and swollen. After a X-ray or CT scan he was rushed to emergency surgery he had a bowel blockage which resulted in perforation. It was leaking into his stomach they made incision all the down his stomach and removed part of intestine. So he’s been sedated again for 3 more days they have been waking him a portion of the day now he’s spiked a fever of 102. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks in the ICU and he’s still not off the vent or even been awake a significant time.”

Laura · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2018

“After two weeks of a dry hacking cough 24 hours a day to the point of incontinence I took a z-pak. The cough stopped by the next day.”

Dogleg1957 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2018

“Did the exact opposite. I went from 150 / 92... 2 as high as 210 over 140”

Tina · Taken for 10 years or more April 20, 2018

“I had extremely high blood that my Dr. tried first HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide), which is a diuertic, that didn't touch it, then atenolol, which helped but it was the added lisinipril that FINALLY got it down. Been on it now for 15 years. Recently my mom and her health problems made me more aware of my own and I talked with my doc about lisinipril. And read up on it. It is not metabolized by the liver like I originally thought which gives my liver a break. It isn't actually metabolized at all and is excreted wholly thru the urine. I have had NO side effects in all of the years I have taken it and it has kept my pressure under control without any additional increases in dosages. It is also covered by most insurances and is very cheap. I highly recommend this medication.”

joon · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 12, 2018

“I've been taking 10 mg lisinopril for blood pressure daily for over 8 years & all was OK. Lupin reformulated their process & made the pill smaller in 2017. As I started taking the reformulated pills, I noticed severe fatigue & falling asleep after every meal. Stared feeling depressed & finally severe heart pounding & arrhythmia within 1 hour after taking it. That scared me so I stopped. Within 3 days I was no longer fatigued, had a brighter outlook & NO heart arrhythmia or pounding. Whatever Lupin did in their reformulation it took a proper functioning medication & made it dangerous to use. Reading blogs, I'm not the only one who suffered thru adverse reaction to Luipn's reformulation of lisinopril I am refusing to take ANY medication manufactured by Lupin...”

connie · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2018

“I've been on this for about a week and am anxious to get off of it. I was taking Atenolol before with little side effects and before that Bystolic. I had to move from Atenolol to Bystolic because of the price increase. A week ago, Atenolol seemed to have stopped working for me. I was also experiencing swollen ankles, something I had never experienced before. The doctor told me my blood pressure was too high and my pulse too low and described Lisinopril which I started on a Tuesday. My blood pressure went down nicely and my pulse rate went up. Unfortunately, by Saturday my rate dropped so low that I passed out. And tonight my pulse is over 100. I never experienced such a wide range of numbers before. I have an appointment this Thurs., but am thinking of doing a walk in tomorrow after reading this. I also have noticed a lack of ambition, a need to sit down (feeling weak). I am usually an avid reader, but have no desire to even do that. Not happy with this drug at all.”

IncodopeI t · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 3, 2018

“I took this for a year and it seem to have worked well or so I thought. Until I started coughing thinking it was my sinuses. Then shortness of breath when walking long distances. I was sleeping good until the final night I woke up with my throat closing up, my tongue swollen this reaction landed me in intense care with kidney problems. I will be going to a specialist for the rest of my life to what this med has done. When my family has been prescribed this medicine I recommend them not to take this. Why is is it on the market it can prove fatal if medical intervention is not taken. The physician in the hospital told me lisinipril taken for a day or years can go against your health. Why has this medication still prescribed?”

Big Lips · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 22, 2018

“This medicine needs to be discontinued. I've been on Lisinopril for about 4 years. Out the blue on Monday, the right side of my lip began to swell. I took a Benadryl and prayed, I would wake up in the morning to see my personal physician. The nonchalant attitude I was presented with left me speechless. Knowing the side effects and the danger of this medication, why is it still on the market? Shame on yall!!!”

Multipilluser · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 18, 2018

“Pharmacy is OptumRx. Last bottle showed Solco HC as manufacturer and pill was as shown on the Solco site. New bottle shows manufacturer Solco and pill is white and round. Stamped with 4214 and a stylized V on the reverse. Web search shows this as manufactured by Vintage Pharmaceuticals Inc. Did Solco buy Vintage? Did OptumRx make a labeling mistake?”

dove tail March 14, 2018

“I've been on medicine for over 8 years and now blood pressure levels still high as 170/103 and I'm on a 10mg of the medicine, I exercise up to 4 hours a week, walking like up to 16,000 steps have no other related problems like diabetes, or super high cholesterol”

DAS · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 8, 2018

“Was admitted to hospital 3/5/18 swelling in mouth and throat had to have breathing tube for for 2 days to keep alive. I have taken this Med for several years it has been well documented that there have been many cases with negative reactions with this medication even causing death. You should talk with your doctor about Lisinopril.”

BCB · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2018

“I have been on Lisinopril hctz 12.5 - 10 mg for a week with no reduced bp. Dr increased to 20 mg second week. It now makes me dizzy, weak & sleepy after about 30 mins taking it. Seems my bp has dropped a little after 2 days of increase but I don't feel good after taking it. I go back for a bp check this week..not sure If to stay on the higher dose???”

Vin22 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 2, 2018

“Absolutely horrible drug”

socal2018 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2018

“I've been on Lisinopril/Hydrochlorothiazide for about 6 weeks. My BP was high (200/100) after an especially stressful day so I went to the Dr. to see about getting medication. I started on a dose of 12.5/20mg but had side effects, including dizziness and extreme exhaustion in the afternoon. Then my BP started getting a little too low. So my Dr. suggested I cut the dose in half. So far that seems to be working. I'm less dizzy and my BP is usually in the "ideal" range after I take it. However, I do have digestive problems that I never experienced before, so I think it's related to the pills. I'm hoping to lose weight so I can come off this pill but for now will keep taking the half pill. The key thing is to check your BP at certain times to make sure you have the proper dose. Some Drs are pill pushers who create more problems for their patients than necessary. However, it IS important to keep your BP in check, so take medication if needed and monitor it closely. (52 year old female)”

Paxplant · Taken for 10 years or more February 13, 2018

“I'd been taking lisinopril 10 mg with 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide once per day for many years and it worked very well. Then Lupin changed the formulation and removed the 'inactive' ingredients (much smaller pill) around July 2017. Noticed hair falling out, blood pressure spikes, more fatique feeling. Changed to Watson pills, hair no longer falling out but blood pressure running to high, headaches. Not sure what's the best move now, stronger dose or different type of BP medication.”