User Reviews for Carvedilol to treat Left Ventricular Dysfunction

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Carvedilol has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Left Ventricular Dysfunction. 73% of those users who reviewed Carvedilol reported a positive effect, while 9% reported a negative effect.

Carvedilol Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Left Ventricular Dysfunction.

Rock · Taken for 10 years or more August 21, 2020

“Was put on carvedilol 6.25 twice a day after having a heart attack 11 years ago. Within several months I started to have bruising in my toes with moderate pain. My toes also became ulcerated at times. Cardiologist, vascular doctor and internist never could figure out what was causing it. My cardiologist recently up my dose to 12.5 twice a day. Within a week my hands started to turn white when I washed them in cool water, and when they warmed up they turned blood red and where very painful ,BP was also going up. Looks like I have carvedilol drug induced raynaud's syndrome. Looked up what it looks like in the toes, BINGO! All these years! Turns out, its a side affect in up to 10% of people. So frustrating! Doctor lowered the dose and now I have to go in for a consult $$$.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

“Started this drug when I went into the hospital for takotsubo cardiomyopathy. After the 3rd day of using Carvedilol I felt weak and felt nauseous. We called 911 and I went to the hospital. The doctors think the medicine may have contributed to my low drop in blood pressure. They advised me to check my blood pressure before I take the medicine, making sure my blood pressure is high enough.”

VEAck · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2019

“I take carvedilol for my dilated cardiomyopathy along with Lisinopril and Lasix, have been on it for awhile now haven't had all these problems if I eat before taking. But I will add I was started on a low dose and my Doctor worked me up very slowly to a higher one it seems to have worked cause my BP is very good as is my EF which is why I'm taking it. Maybe ask your Doctor to do the same thing mine did for me, slower is always better.”

Robdigi · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 15, 2019

“I was diagnosed 8yrs ago with severe dysfunction left vent with EF 26 was put on Carvedilol 8yrs ago my EF has been steady now at around 46-48 which I am grateful for but the side effects I have experienced from 25mg x2 Carvedilol has been horrible, hypotensive I walk around feeling impaired almost drunken. I have asked my Dr if I can reduce it or come off it but he is reluctant to do this because I have had good heart function. I am going on 65 now I really don't enjoy doing much of anything because I am always tired and lightheaded and I am seriously considering cutting it back on my own. This is no way to live quality of live from this med is pretty poor.”

Young guy · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 1, 2015

“This is a tough med to start. But after a few weeks I got adjusted and titrated up to the right dose. My EF was close to 35% when I started it. When I began taking this drug I would get dizzy which would instill panic episodes in me. But I stuck with it and my EF is 55% now. I now don't even notice the Coreg unless I forget it. And when I do forget it, I get a little jittery. It's a miracle drug. Tough to start but worth the result.”

Odelle August 26, 2009

Coreg (carvedilol): “I am 91 and have congestive heart failure. (I also fell and broke the femur articulation with my hip in late March). My doctor gave me this medicine, Coreg, and it took away the swelling in my feet, ankles, legs and knees. I was having such pain in my knees and the drug along with other medicines I take, that it has gotten the fluid out of my system and my knees no longer ache. This medicine has really improved my life.”

Raymond Gonzales · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 23, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol): “My heart rate was speeding up to the point I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, it was more a problem at night when I would try to go to sleep, heart was pounding and a wave pressure in my ears was keeping me from sleeping, started medicine 3.125 mg twice daily and problem was in good control within one week, I have a blockage left side 30 to 40%, no problems since started medicine, blood pressure is in real good control, I continue EKG every 6 months. ”

Blticknor September 25, 2010

Coreg (carvedilol): “My LVEF was about 20 when I started on Coreg following a massive heart attack. I have used Coreg since it first came on the market. I take 100 mg daily with no side effects. My LVEF is now between 30 and 35. My heart attack was 21 years ago. Coreg has been a "silver bullet" for me.”

Anonymous January 7, 2012

Coreg (carvedilol): “The side effects were almost unbearable the first month. The second month has been better now that I am used to Coreg. Feeling so much better now. My Left Ventricular Dysfunction has improved.”

soccer22 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 11, 2015

“9/2012 EF was 25%,2013 30%, 2014 EF 35 2/2015 EF IS 50% 2X PER DAY ON 12.5 EF INCREASED SUBSTANTIALLY AFTER 3 YEARS- EXERCISE FOR 30 MIN PER DAY X 5 DAYS TREADMILL AND WATER AEROBICS”

Anonymous April 21, 2013

Coreg (carvedilol): “My daughter was prescribed this medication because it was the medicine that showed significant improvement to help Left ventricular dysfunction.”

Anonymous February 10, 2011

Coreg (carvedilol): “My EF has gone from 10% to 30% on a dosage of 42mgs per day. Of course there are the usual side effects.”

Learn more about Left Ventricular Dysfunction