User Reviews for Carvedilol to treat Atrial Fibrillation

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Carvedilol has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation. 20% of those users who reviewed Carvedilol reported a positive effect, while 47% reported a negative effect.

Carvedilol Rating Summary

4.7/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Carvedilol

BJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2021

“Dizziness, nausea, brain fog, although it has stopped my palpitations.”

Junkee59 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 2, 2019

“I've been on Carvedilol since June of 2018. I started off with 3.125mg and my Cardiologist just increased the dosage to 6.25 because it helps to stop the PVC's and palps I had started to experience in April of 2019. My pacemaker picked up a very small Afib event that happened in April of 2019 during my period of throwing PVC's. I started to take "Tumeric" to see if it would reduce the chronic body pain and "It Did". I also found out after I started taking it my, "PVC's Went Away". I saw my cardiologist after I started taking the Tumeric and asked him to increase my dose of "Carvedilol" and he did. This combination of Carvedilol and Tumeric worked out well for me. I haven't felt any incidences of Afib even though all the causes of the PVC's are still there. It appears any Afib, PVC's and Palps are under control but I won't know it's a sure thing for another year or more after my pacemaker is checked for events about 4 more times.”

bobster · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2018

“Taking carvedilol for 8 weeks now. Started off fine and seemed like was the answer. Now extreme tiredness, dizzy spells, nausea and episodes of low blood pressure and heart rate. Depression is just an added bonus side effect. Ready to throw all meds in the garbage and roll the dice. 68 yrs old.”

FirstMiddleLast July 6, 2017

“I have been taking this med for 2 months and I feel horrible. I have every side effect listed besides impotence. I am going to stop taking this med with or without the doctor's blessing. I am tired of having shortness of breath and being extremely tired ALL THE TIME. I have a small child and I can't not keep up. I cannot walk to my car from my office about 200 yards away. I am not doing this to myself anymore.”

EMT611 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2016

“I am 24 years old, I was put on Coreg following quadruple bypass after sudden cardiac arrest. For the first month or so I felt amazing, I even went back to work on the ambulance at my 6 week mark. But then started having very bad dizzy spells and sudden spikes and drops in BP. I was readmitted to the hospital and they could not find anything, saw an ENT for possible vertigo, finally told me four days ago my PCP told me to stop the Coreg and I for the most part I'm feeling better, haven't had a dizzy spell in those four days but still haven't felt "right", been week and lightheaded. Hopefully in the next few days I can tell a major difference.”

Chris Z February 23, 2017

“My new cardiologist discontinued my metoprolol and started me on Coreg to help control my blood pressure My heart used to pound in my chest while on metoprolol and it was quite uncomfortable. I had cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation that was approximately 90% successful, I still had occasional heart flutter from the AF. The Corey changed all that. My blood pressure is now in normal range and I haven't had one incident of heart flutter for two months. Coreg worked well for me and I hope it will work for you.”

Wannabe healthy · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2016

“Have Tried metropol, tried verapamil now carvedilol. I am getting horrible side effects again. Waking with headache in morning and it just stays all day. Panadol doesn't relieve it. My ears are constantly ringing like I have been to a loud music concert. I get stomach pains and nausea. Sometimes I get a buzz sensation from heart to forehead. Urinating a lot, thirsty. Just hate all these meds.”

SandraLH2017 February 12, 2017

“Prescribed 6.25 mg Carvedilol 2x a day for my Rapid heart beat and blockage in main artery. . Second week and I am not liking it. Was on 25 mg Metoporal for 10 years; tolerated it well except for years of sleeplessness and it kept my bp in good range 128/77. Now on Carvedilol my bp is higher with spikes. I feel off, dizzy, vivid dreams turning into nightmare last night. First few days I was having bad stomach pains until I started taking med after food. I am afraid to take any other medications like Allergy meds and Ibuprofen. I am also waking up with a headache and felt like I was having an allergic reaction. Rapid heart beat a little less. Maybe side effects will subside? I hope.”

Yorkshire lad · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2017

“I have been on Bisoprolol for six years and have had severe fatigue from this, sleeping up to 13/14 hours every day. My doctor changed me to Carvedilol in the hope these side effects would improve. I started off on an initial dose of 12.5mg a day. From the first nights sleep, I suffered with insomnia, sleeping for five hours that night. I felt more awake, even though less sleep. After two days, I started to get tightening of muscles in my face, hands, arms and legs and abdominal pain. After increasing to 25mg on week two, I felt terrible. Four hours sleep for two weeks, muzzy confused feelings, feeling sick, joint pain - I couldn't bear how I felt. To top it off, drug induced sleep apnea was the last straw. I came off it.”

Crispy620 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 22, 2015

“In October of 2015, I experienced a defibrillation, after 3 days in the hospital it was determined that I was to have a triple bypass. A week after I had that operation I had another defibrillation. I had average to low pressure prior to my surgery and defibrillation, my cardiologist put me on Cardevilol generic 3.125 twice a day to help my heart gain strength after the operation. I also had a Defibrillator installed. In the beginning of my recuperation I didn't feel anything but as time went on I felt tired, gained weight and after 8 months started to experience dizzy spells when getting up or laying down. Moodiness, lack of sex drive were also side effects that hit me. My doctor has now taken me off the medication. Let's see any change”

Teenie1949 · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2017

“Started on 6.25 twice a day after heart attack. Developed bronchospasms and asthma in 3 days. Then had a severe blood sugar low of 35. No warning were given to me because I am type 2 diabetic and this a side effect!! Reduced dosage to 1.25 twice a day...”

anynomous again July 18, 2013

“Carvedilol has caused my heart rate to be in the high 40's to low 50's. But the atrial fibrillation has not returned.”

Anonymous November 22, 2012

Coreg (carvedilol): “Works good except several periods per month of 2 to 3 days when palpitations are much worse.”

pfjbaldwin October 8, 2009

Coreg CR (carvedilol): “Product partially effective but major gastrointestinal problems were just too much to deal with for the marginal relief I was getting for my AF.”

uncle will · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2015

“Side effects lightheadedness and tired”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 27, 2018

“50 percent my hair has fallen out, and my eyelashes are almost non-existent. DISGUSTING!”

Learn more about Atrial Fibrillation