User Reviews for Jardiance

Diabetes, Type 2

Summary of Jardiance reviews 6.0 95 reviews

Reviews for Jardiance

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this med for 4 months, lost about 12 pounds, drinking not less than 80 ounces of water daily, cut back on food however, my ACL level shot up from 7.8 to 9.9. Needless to say I am devastated."

Sparkles (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Severe pain in both kidneys and urinary track after taking 3 months of Jardiance no effect on my sugars .Extreme thirst and urination .."

Kornelia (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "For Diabetes, Type 2. Before using this my blood sugar level was around 250. But after using this medicine now blood sugar level is now within 110 so I am very satisfied. Also maintain my weight..I used jardiance 10 mg 1 tablet. after meal."

Pratap Motwani.nagpur August 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was taking for three months. I stayed dehydrated, had vaginal itching and yeast infection that would not go away and three UTI's. I do not recommend"

SMS (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This drug, combined with a bunch of other garbage from my doctor has done nothing more than cause issues. My blood sugars are still high, I've had chronic pain in the abdomen since taking this for four days, stopped taking all the meds and hoping my body heals itself. Seems like most of us are nothing but Guinea pigs for the pharmaceutical companies. A week now of feeling like garbage I just wish it would stop. And then he wants to put me on an injectable med also to help lower my a1c.... all because I was stressed out and it made my sugar high. Hadn't taken any of the meds he prescribed for two years and was normal then he throws out your levels are high you need to take this and this and this, so I do and I'm worse - I will never listen to the diabetes doctor again. Listen to your body"

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Jardiance 25 mg along with Janumet 50/1000 for about a year and half. A1c went from 10.8 to 5.8. I lost 70 pounds. Because I lost weight, I had to cut dosages in half for both meds. However, this seemed to be too much still. Then side effects became too much -lethargy, anxiety, muscle aches. increased appetite. I then tried just one of the meds...with Jardiance -even with the dosage halved (12.5 mg), the hunger and anxiety continued. I have gained 15 pounds back. I now take Janumet only at halved dose - 50/500, still some side effects but they are minimal."

Sharon August 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Fractured my tailbone I guess 1 year previously. Took jardiance and when I tell u my tail bone started burning like fire while on this medicine, I had to stop taking, not sure what it does to bones, but not for me."

rick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Just recently started Jardiance, normal dose. Took it for 4 days. I had 24/7 stomach cramps with lots of burping. Some light nausea but not bad enough to throw up. I feel weaker than I've ever been. Stopped taking the drug immediately. This is the 5th day since I stopped the drug and all side effects are still with me with no decrease in severity. Hopefully it will were off soon."

Jimbo July 29, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken Jardiance for a little over a year. At first good results. Then I began to feel the constant need to urinate and could not go an hour without having to pee. This was followed by back and abdomen pain which felt like an UTI. My urine sample did not indicate an infection though I was given an antibiotic while they cultured my sample. I stopped taking Jardiance and the pain and the constant need to urinate (sometimes painfully) ceased within 3 days. I cannot help but wonder what damage the drug may have done to my kidneys and urinary track. My doctor never even suggested stopping as I had to do my on research to see that this was one of the side effects of the drug."

TexasSam (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on the last track to insulin and My Dr. gave this med "one last shot". My A1cs had been over 9.0 for 3 years. It doesn't work overnight, it's gradual. Over the past 9 months my glucose kept going down SLOWLY, my A1c again kept going down slowly. 9 months later, my A1c is down to the best it has been in a decade, and I'm now "no longer an insulin candidate". My weight is down, the swelling in my legs and feet are improving, I honestly do my best but am not the greatest with diet and exercise. Another caveat is my blood pressure has improved. You have to stick with this medication for it to work, you can't give up on it if it doesn't change instantly. If you have no medicine effects don't stop, the effects take a while but if you are like me where NOTHING was working, give this a shot."

Butterbear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My endocrinologist prescribed Jardiance when I had unusually (for me) swollen feet. After a few months I stopped taking it because I experienced no difference in daily blood sugar levels or A1c. I had no side effects. In my case it appears to have nothing. After being off Jardiance for nearly three months now everything remains the same. Blood sugar levels for me are best regulated when I watch the carbs"

Jim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on Jardiance for a few months, as well as metformin. The Jardiance lowered my blood Glucose, BUT! The side effects are terrible. Within months I got 2 UTI’S (urinary tract infections). Then started a third UTI right after finishing my second round of Antibiotics.. I stopped taking Jardiance, and now my bladder has become very weak, the weakness started the day after I stopped taking the medication. I believe that because of having to drink so much water to stop dehydration caused by Jardiance my bladder weakened."

Kanukgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Jardiance (Jardiamet) for about 8 months. It has helped me loose 13kgs. My sugars levels are higher than there were when I was taking Diamacron, but I’m happy with the weight loss. The main side effect is the need to urinate, sometime quite an urgent need. Rob (male)"

Rob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I absolutely LOVE Jardiance! I finally found something that works perfectly for me. I have tried victoza, byetta, bydureon, starlix, metformin and it’s liquid form Riomet... none of which worked for me and I was about to give up when my endocrinologist suggested Jardiance, I tried it and am so super happy with it! My numbers which used to run very dangerously high are now in the lower 120’s-130! Dr. Suggested that I use wipes after going to keep from getting a UTI or Vaginal yeast infection and so far that has worked! I can’t brag enough about this medication! It feels good to finally feel good again!"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had serious side effects: weakness in legs so much that I can't walk without a walker. I fell and broke a rib. My hands have gone completely numb. Now I cannot groom or dress myself and symptoms are getting worse."

Sandy Cross (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Before using this my blood sugar level was around 200. But after using this medicine now blood sugar level is now within 100"

Trisha chanda (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on and off Jardiance. It was not effective in lowering my A1C at all. I was thirsty all the time. Also developed terrible vaginal itching. My neck felt swollen so I just stopped. This is the forth med I have been on and can't seem to tolerate any of them. I will try a more natural path. Good luck to all."

Wayner (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking jardiance about 2 years ago and my blood sugars were near perfect. But for some reason my endocrinologist did not refill my prescription and I went off of it and my A1C almost doubled to a 10. A week ago I went back to my endocrinologist for my checkup and I asked to be put back on the jardiance since it obviously works so well and the only side effect I remembered was the constant peeing. In this last week I have gone from never getting up at night to go pe (happy) to get up every night and go pee and I'm constantly drinking and peeing but I know the jardiance is working. Fingers crossed I will lose some weight again and my A1C will go back down. The peeing was the only side effect I had with this drug"

Kiki (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Jardiance has caused me to have three UTI ’s (urinary tract infections), one after the other. I will not take this medication any more. I will not let this medication destroy my kidneys"

Kanukgirl girl May 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It makes numbers very low, I don’t like the way it makes me feel."

Paula (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

"Have been taking Jardiance 25mg for almost 2 years now - and will probably stop now. I have 1st type Diabetes, it helped at the begining - lowered sugar levels, lost around 5kg in 3 months, but eventually the weight came back, have been having yeast infections non-stop, AND - I have about only 1/2 of hair left comparing with the time 2 years back. My hair is falling out like crazy. I just cant take it anymore and am stopping taking Jardiance from today. Don't want to be bald and infected all the time."

InDoubts (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Had been on Invokana 150 (split pill) and 1000 mg Metformin for 2 years, but leg cramps, some ankle swelling and fatigue a problem. Changed to Jardiance 25 mg. 9 months later A1c down from 7.2 to 6.1 without those side effects. Because of insurance I tried Invokana again but same side effects. Back on Jardiance and hope to stay on."

daisychain7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was working well, then shortly after 5 months ended up in ER with pancreatitis. Really upset me for it was truly was helping. The ER doctor said it was attributed to the Jardiance."

Miata Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Used wipes regularly as suggested by my endocrinologist. Horrible yeast infection for the entire 2 months I took this medication. Took diflucan, extra strength diflucan, terconazole, gem dophomus and was ON FIRE for months. No discernible difference in blood sugar with HORRIBLE side effects. Not worth it at all."

JustMe (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "great for reducing A1C . Terrible back pain and thirst.. Swollen tongue,and difficulty in swolling. I am not sure if this drug is safe for us Diabetics, (T2)"

kay (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 1, 2018