User Reviews for Jardiance

Diabetes, Type 2
6.2

Summary of Jardiance reviews 6.2 79 reviews

Reviews for Jardiance

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on and off Jardiance. It was not effective in lowering my A1C at all. I was thirsty all the time. Also developed terrible vaginal itching. My neck felt swollen so I just stopped. This is the forth med I have been on and can't seem to tolerate any of them. I will try a more natural path. Good luck to all."

Wayner (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking jardiance about 2 years ago and my blood sugars were near perfect. But for some reason my endocrinologist did not refill my prescription and I went off of it and my A1C almost doubled to a 10. A week ago I went back to my endocrinologist for my checkup and I asked to be put back on the jardiance since it obviously works so well and the only side effect I remembered was the constant peeing. In this last week I have gone from never getting up at night to go pe (happy) to get up every night and go pee and I'm constantly drinking and peeing but I know the jardiance is working. Fingers crossed I will lose some weight again and my A1C will go back down. The peeing was the only side effect I had with this drug"

Kiki (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Jardiance has caused me to have three UTI ’s (urinary tract infections), one after the other. I will not take this medication any more. I will not let this medication destroy my kidneys"

Kanukgirl girl May 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It makes numbers very low, I don’t like the way it makes me feel."

Paula (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

"Have been taking Jardiance 25mg for almost 2 years now - and will probably stop now. I have 1st type Diabetes, it helped at the begining - lowered sugar levels, lost around 5kg in 3 months, but eventually the weight came back, have been having yeast infections non-stop, AND - I have about only 1/2 of hair left comparing with the time 2 years back. My hair is falling out like crazy. I just cant take it anymore and am stopping taking Jardiance from today. Don't want to be bald and infected all the time."

InDoubts (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Had been on Invokana 150 (split pill) and 1000 mg Metformin for 2 years, but leg cramps, some ankle swelling and fatigue a problem. Changed to Jardiance 25 mg. 9 months later A1c down from 7.2 to 6.1 without those side effects. Because of insurance I tried Invokana again but same side effects. Back on Jardiance and hope to stay on."

daisychain7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was working well, then shortly after 5 months ended up in ER with pancreatitis. Really upset me for it was truly was helping. The ER doctor said it was attributed to the Jardiance."

Miata Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Used wipes regularly as suggested by my endocrinologist. Horrible yeast infection for the entire 2 months I took this medication. Took diflucan, extra strength diflucan, terconazole, gem dophomus and was ON FIRE for months. No discernible difference in blood sugar with HORRIBLE side effects. Not worth it at all."

JustMe (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "great for reducing A1C . Terrible back pain and thirst.. Swollen tongue,and difficulty in swolling. I am not sure if this drug is safe for us Diabetics, (T2)"

kay (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "After two and one half weeks of taking the medicine jardiance I began to experience muscle cramps. The muscle cramps became worse everyday while taking the med. I thought the whole time I had experienced a strained muscle in by back however while treating the pulled muscle the pain and spasms got worse. I have contacted my doctor and since have stopped the med."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have type 2 diabetes. I am 68 years old and female. I took Jardiance and began to urinate VERY frequently, like about every hour and a half or so. Urine had blood in it and was painful, burning. I had extreme pain and burning inside me, I guess that was my bladder. I was extremely thirsty. I couldn't go anywhere or do anything. I just had to stay home. I had nightmares at night when I tried to sleep. (OMG!) I woke up many times to go to the bathroom at night. I had a constant, unexplained headache that would not go away. I already have a heart problem but Jardiance was nevertheless prescribed for me anyway. I had to stop taking Jardiance. Then, all of the aforementioned side effects stopped, thank goodness. Oh, by the way, I lost four pounds. That's the only good thing that came from this medicine. Other than that Jardiance was nightmare. I am glad, though, that it is beneficial to some people."

Lin (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I also have been taking this drug for about 2 months, I have one side effect ( if this indeed is causing it) I feel nauseous, not excessive but enough to make life uncomfortable, I could pee for England but the weight has dropped off me, I am now 14 stone and 7 pounds, I have been as high as 18 stone, just hoping the sickness fades away in time"

Hesmo (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking jardiance since December 2017. Before jardiance my A1C was 12.4 which is dangerous high blood glucose average 250 plus. After taking this med I have had phenomenal results - my blood sugar fasting 88-115 after dinner 110-140. My new A1C is 7.2 and yes I pee and drink a lot of water but my glucose is under control and I have lost 8lbs. I'm very happy with jardiance .41 yo male no other side effects."

Deon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Jardiance now for 6 months . Have lost 21 Lbs . Yes you pee a lot and drink more but it is well worth it . My A1C is 6.2. Got one UTI then it went away . Just follow up with your Doc and you will be fine . I'm 60 and this is the first diabetic drug that has really helped me . Plus , the weight loss is a added plus. "

Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on Jardiance for about a year. Greatly reduced my A1C, but had many recurring UTI's and yeast infections. Had a severe UTI that sent me into the ICU with sepis. Due to repeated yeast infections wound up with urinary candidiasis causing a fungal ball in the renal pelvis of my kidney. Will not touch Jardiance or any other SLGT2 inhibitor medication with a 10ft pole."

McQ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Jardiance about 2 months. I was so happy to see my glucose numbers in the morning and lost 8 lbs. I drink a lot of water and pee A LOT. I notice about my urine is thick during my cleaning my toilet. After 2 months later I got pain in male part when I pull up my skin. Feeling of pain is get cut with raise blade. I run to my doctor and discuss about this problem, he to me to stop jardiance immediately. The pain go away in 2 day. It is so frustrated, I like it for glucose level and my body weight has gone down with Jardiance but can't continue. Now my glucose go up and my weight up 3 lb in 5 day. I hope this problem can be solved soon."

Maleinpain February 12, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Yes it lowered my A-1C, Yes it lowered my blood sugar, but after 4 months of going from one UTI WITH vaginal yeast infection to another I cannot stand those side effects anymore. I stopped it."

RuthH2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Jardiance for almost 2 months. Before I started Jardiance I had very high blood sugars averaging 220 plus HBA1C was very high. After starting Jardiance back in December 2017 I have not had any side effects except peeing a lot from the large amounts of water I drink. So far I am down 5lbs and blood sugars are averaging in the morning 80-110 and evening after dinner 110-160. Very happy with Jardiance"

Deon S February 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been on Jardiance for 3 weeks and my fasting blood sugar has increased from 135 to 180. I’m always thirsty and pee a lot."

Js29 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It has certainly lowered my HbA1c, which needed to happen urgently as I was waiting for a heart valve replacement. In recent months, my urine has been sticky and my foreskin has been sore and inflamed. My doctor says that's not a result of the Jardiance. Another doctor (an independent drug research doctor) told me to drink a lot of water and urinate frequently. I'm thinking I may ultimately need a circumcision"

Steve_T January 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am 78 with diabetes for the last 39 years. My sugar levels were out of control with coventional drugs. But after prescription of Jardiance 25. My glucose level is perfectly under control through out the day. Some times I experience giddiness for a few seconds."

veejaybee (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This drug has not worked for me at all. My blood sugars shot up & keep increasing by the week. Has also caused excessive sweating & false feeling of low blood sugar when in fact it was too high. Do not like the way it makes me feel."

Annb06 January 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My Blood sugar level was sky rocketing such as minimum at anytime was 17mmol/L and it was rising even to 28mmol/L within a day. After increased my metfomin gliclazide lingaliptine dose, finally introduced Jardiance 10mg. With support of Jardiance and my diabetic management literature review I have designed and planed my food and exercise regime. At the fourth day after starting of Jardiance I was able to have my early morning reading as 7.6 mmol/L from ever lowest 17mmol/L. Today is my fourth day on Jardiance."

Charles Spencer (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Jardiance gave me a bad yeast infection that took forever to get rid of, which I only had a problem with before was while taking antibiotics. Made my skin so bad on my private area and crack of my butt . Splotches of flaky skin on my arms and legs and in my navel. And under my breasts. My hair has been falling out badly since I used it, which was just for a month and didn't bring my glucose levels down any. I hate it"

Zapit (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Jardiance 25mg for 10 months. I’ve lost 35 pounds, A1C dropped from 7.8 to 6.2. I don’t feel I urinate excessively and sometimes get up once a night to go to the bathroom. I’m beginning to get low blood sugars during the day so may have to cut back on other diabetic meds I’m taking. I’ve had one UTI which I had no symptoms with, just caught it in a routine urine test. I feel tired a lot, not sure it’s related to this med. also, I’ve lost a ton of hair. My hair is so thin now I can’t believe it. Anyone else suffer hair loss since taking this med? It’s done wonders for my diabetes and weight loss, would hate to have to stop taking it."

Suzs80 November 11, 2017