User Reviews for Jardiance

Diabetes, Type 2
5.9

Summary of Jardiance reviews 5.9 115 reviews

Reviews for Jardiance

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Used 2 months and felt poorly after 2 weeks. Frequent peeing with significant urgency (10x per day incl 2x when sleeping). Constant nausea. No appetite (lost 11 lbs) Weak leg muscles. Occasional dizziness. Higher morning glucose readings."

honest (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on jardiance 3 days and already have itching this is my second time on jardiance the first time I got back to back yeast infections the dr said try again and maybe I will do better. It is just as bad a before so I'm not liking this at all"

Tammyduh (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking jardiance to help with weight loss and to transition off of basaglar insulin, in conjunction with my other medications (metformin, victoza, basaglar). My a1c is 6.6, so control hasn't been an issue, but the weight gain (insulin resistance) coupled with hypothyroidism is. My experience was severe dehydration, extreme thirst, kidney pain, and yeast infection. I took this medication for 2 weeks and stopped. It was just not worth it...the risk of further damage to kidneys from dehydration, itchy/burning nether regions, and that whole vaginal gangrene possibility...nope."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "As soon as I started jardiance I started experiencing severe yeast infections and have trouble sleeping due to severe itching. I definitely do not recommend it. Had the worst experience in my life."

sandy November 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started on jardiance about 6 weeks ago. I loved it at first and lost 14 lbs. But yesterday I became severely dehydrated and sick. I just cannot get enough to drink. This morning I also have right kidney pain. I have had 2 yeast infections in the last 6 weeks. I'm done. It has to be something better My doctor told me you would urinate an average of one more time a day than normal that is not true!"

LM (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I came back from a European vacation with really stiff and sore thighs like I've been over exercising. Before the trip I started Trulicity, and my regular meds were Metformin, Jardiace and Glipizide, all of which were suspects in causing muscle weakness or pain. I dropped Metformin and Jardiance (recently), stayed on the Trulicity. So still not sure which med caused the muscle stiffness, but the last drug I dropped was Jardiance. Will see in a week or so how I feel."

boarhuntr (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I exercise and walk like crazy, but was unable to lose weight. My A1C is 8. I was becoming insulin resistant. Only been on Jardiance 2 weeks. Already lost 8 pounds. My sugar dropped from am average of 225 to 120. I haven't had my A1C rechecked yet. But I feel great Only side effect I am drinking a lot more fluids, and peeing a lot more. But, other than that, I feel better than I have in a long time. I hope this medication keeps working for the long run."

Dolly (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am very happy with Jardiance. I have been taking it for about 18 months in combination with metformin. It has lowered my A1C and even better, it helps with my fluid retention. Yes, I am urinating more often and unfortunately, I do get the odd, miserable yeast infection but I've gone to my doctor who prescribed fluconazole. As soon as I feel the infection starting, I take this medication and it works great. For more, lowering my A1C and keeping away my swelling/excess fluid retention makes it so worth it."

Rh (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 9, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on jardiance 25mg for 2 months. Have had 2 severe yeast infections. Have not gotten my a1c rechecked since I've been taking it but if it hadn't went down quite a bit I will go off this medicine. The yeast infection are so painful and miserable I don't know if it's worth it."

Bets (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’m so sick to my stomach. I always have yeast infection in my private area. Gonna ask to get off it."

Fancy Nancy (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started taking Jardiance on July 16th. My A1C was at 8.0. Eating junk most days, no exercise. I started a daily fast walk of about 2.5 miles, started eating better, and with the help of Jardiance, the pounds starting flying off. I've lost 25 pounds since then, and my A1C is down to 5.5. Couldn't recommend this more!"

ferr3816 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking this medication in June of 2018. My A1C was 9.8 my weight was 166lb I'm youngish (40) drink at least a gallon of water a day, walk close to 11k steps a day and still could not reduce my A1C. In Sept 2018 I went back to the A1C test and it was 7.1 & my weight was 158lb. Re: the UTIs and other female issues - I have not had the experience, but as recommended a cleanse the area with washcloth or water 2-3 times day. So have not had the issue. (sorry for any guys on this) the reason why the UTI and vaginal irritation occur is the drug is causing glucose (SUGAR) to leave your body through the urine. So when the urine dries or isn't cleaned/wiped away properly we are prone to infection. Just my two cents and hope it helps you."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking Jardiance in June 2018. Took it for about a month. I didn't notice much change in my hydration but then again, I drink over a gallon of water a day. Urinated every two hours or so. But the constant yeast infection, waking every two hours during night, and itchy skin rashes that caused me to scratch so much I actually hurt myself......so NOT worth it. I stopped taking it after a month. Before I was taking this medication, my blood sugars were between 120-140. During the time I was taking it, no change. After I stopped taking it, my blood sugars are between 180-225! I don't eat sugar or carbs, eat a clean Ketogenic diet and exercise regularly. My A1C was 6.1 before taking this stuff! I go back to my endocrine next week. Will see what my numbers say.....I am truly disappointed with the blood sugar results but am hoping that this will eventually fix itself. For me, Jardiance was not worth it."

Rosee (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Jardiance definitely brought down my A1C but I could not deal with the constant yeast infection!"

Jazz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had all side effects. Dizzy lethargic hard to focus, lightheaded ness wasn’t worth the potential benefits only took it for one week"

Hifi (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On this med for about 8 months. A1C numbers have been good. I do drink a lot of water and some coffee and have to urinate every 3 to 4 hours. My only complaint to this point is that I awake between 3 and 4 am every single morning because I have to urinate and cannot fall back to sleep. Keep in mind I drink no fluids after 7 pm and I am normally asleep by 11. In about a month the clocks go back so I could be getting up at 2 am."

inertia40 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been able to keep my blood sugar down on a daily bases. My a1c was in normal range at my last dr appointment! I’ve lost 40lbs and have come off my blood pressure medicine. I do have frequent UTI and yeast infections. I take medicine for those and drink tons of water. I wish there was a way to combat those. But having the diabetes under control is worth it!"

LHouser September 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a 64 year old male. I have been using Glimeperide and Metformin ER for the last 5 years. In 2013 my A1C was 6.7 but in the last 6 months my A1C numbers were 7.2 and 7.4. My doctor and I wanted to get it below 7. My last A1C under 7 was in May 2015 when it was 6.9. I started 10 mg of Jardiance on July 2, 2018 in addition to the Glimeperide and Metformin. I had an endocrinology appt this week, and in less than 3 months my A1C has gone down from 7.2 to to 6.4. I have had no side effects . Plus, with the Jardiance coupon I pay nothing for the medication. They cover my $150 deductible for a 3 month supply. I highly recommend."

Billy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on JARDIANCE for 7 weeks, cannot satisfy my thirst, always craving a drink. Then pee pee ongoing. Having to get up 3 times in the night for the toilet. Some days feeling lethargic and light headed. Plus point is being overweight I have lost 1 stone mainly round my waist in 6 weeks, so a quick fix weight loss for me. I will run with this with my side effects as long as the numbers reduce in levels and weight. The pee pee and waking me up is annoying."

Steve Mc (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Diabetics specalist put me on it for weight loss 2 1/2 years later still no weight loss but have had several episodes of thrush in vagina which I have never had before. I am on insulin but I am insulin resistant. I watch my diet but exercise is hard as its too hilly here and I am 70. I am about 72 kilos and sometimes go as low as 70kilos . I'm up urinating every hour at night since being on jardiance I have always drank 2 litres of water daily. My kidneys have been painful and one has decreased in size to 9 other one ok still 11 but they were both ok 2yrs ago after tests so I blame jardiance."

margaret (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this med for 4 months, lost about 12 pounds, drinking not less than 80 ounces of water daily, cut back on food however, my ACL level shot up from 7.8 to 9.9. Needless to say I am devastated."

Sparkles (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Severe pain in both kidneys and urinary track after taking 3 months of Jardiance no effect on my sugars .Extreme thirst and urination .."

Kornelia (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "For Diabetes, Type 2. Before using this my blood sugar level was around 250. But after using this medicine now blood sugar level is now within 110 so I am very satisfied. Also maintain my weight..I used jardiance 10 mg 1 tablet. after meal."

Pratap Motwani.nagpur August 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was taking for three months. I stayed dehydrated, had vaginal itching and yeast infection that would not go away and three UTI's. I do not recommend"

SMS (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This drug, combined with a bunch of other garbage from my doctor has done nothing more than cause issues. My blood sugars are still high, I've had chronic pain in the abdomen since taking this for four days, stopped taking all the meds and hoping my body heals itself. Seems like most of us are nothing but Guinea pigs for the pharmaceutical companies. A week now of feeling like garbage I just wish it would stop. And then he wants to put me on an injectable med also to help lower my a1c.... all because I was stressed out and it made my sugar high. Hadn't taken any of the meds he prescribed for two years and was normal then he throws out your levels are high you need to take this and this and this, so I do and I'm worse - I will never listen to the diabetes doctor again. Listen to your body"

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018