User Reviews for Jardiance

Diabetes, Type 2 5.4
Cardiovascular Risk Reduction 1.0

Reviews for Jardiance

Intrepidone · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “73 year old male diagnosed about 5 years ago as type 2 diabetic. Been controlling with diet, exercise and metformin, 500 mg twice a day. Blood pressure recently spiked after minor surgery. Cardiologist wanted my GP to become more aggressive with my 7.6 A1C. Started me on a dose 10 mg a day of Jardiance about 6 weeks ago. Just had first blood tests. A1C dropped to 7.2 and fasting Glucose dipped from 170-180 range to 130-150. I assume next testing will show the full effect on A1C. I have dropped 12 pounds as of this morning. And I have experienced very mild side effects. Excessive thirst probably the most noticeable. With my insurance plan, I got a 90 day supply for 65 dollars. I hope cost remains same with refill.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My physician prescribed Jardiance to me 8 days ago. Immediately, I didn't feel good but didn't contribute it to this medication until yesterday. I woke up, couldn't stand or much less walk with becoming extremely dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous and faint. Extreme thirst was also an issue but not near as bad as other symptoms. I called my physician. They had me to discontinue the medication and come immediately to the office. He stopped this medication and I'm trying to flush my system. I've been in bed the majority of the past two days. I will not be taking this medication again. The side effects are too horrible.”

Bug · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I started Jardiance yesterday. I had been on insulin but my endocrinologist thought, since I was taking so little insulin after losing 75 pounds, I could stop the insulin. I also take Metformin as well as an Ozempic injection once weekly. So yesterday I took the first 25 mg Jardiance and by bedtime I noticed that I was dizzy. This morning I am so dizzy I can barely stand up and walk! I drank lots of water yesterday as all literature and dr told me to do. However I cannot function and do what I need to do like this plus I certainly don’t need a fall.”

K · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Terrible experience on this medication. The side effects was unbearable Painful urination. My bladder was full and in pain all the time, back pain. My genital area was raw. Yeast infections all while taking the medication. The side effects outnumbered its benefits. If you experience similar side effects, consult your doctor. Please!”

Sk · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 4, 2020

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I have been taking Jardiance for a year now I have notice over past 6 months my bones started HURTING. I ignore it and never thought that this medication was the problem but last two months pain is severe and I can barely walk.”

Dally · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “Horrible drug Jardiance caused yeast and UTI even only a few days..STAY AWAY..”

Go · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Used this tablet for a month and had to stop taking it I spent most of the time in the bathroom with upset stomach not recommended to many side affects”

AJ3 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 9, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have gotten along absolutely great on Jardiance. My A1C was 5.6 at last check. I was blessed to get multiple boxes of Jardiance samples from my Dr. Took my prescription to be filled at pharmacy today. I learned that a months supply is $477(I am on Medicare). We are a middle income couple, but this in no way fits into our budget. We purchased a weeks supply, at $128. I’ll be checking back with my Dr. for a change in medication, sadly. Only side effect from Jardiance, cost!”

yukonpete · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes about 3 months ago. I have been taking Jardiance 25mg for 6 weeks and I also take it with Metformin. I have not had any negative side effects from the Jardiance but the Metformin sometimes upsets my stomach but not often enough to stop taking it. I have lost 3 KG ( 6.6 lbs ) in the 6 weeks without doing anything except watching what foods I consume.”

Kia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 29, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “These drug Jardiance seemed like a godsend when I first started taking it around 9 months ago. At first I was on 10mg and the only symptom I was having was excessive thirst and I could handle that but in the last 4 months since an increase to 25mg I have been suffering constantly with a yeast infection. I even spoke to my Doctor about it and had a weeks course of Fluconazole which helped for less than a week and now even after creams and tablets I still have a yeast infection that will not go away and a UTI. Before I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 in 2018 I had never had a UTI or a YI but now I suffer constantly. The long term side effects are also a worry as no one really knows what they are capable of. I know one thing though, I cannot continue with this medication.”

Razzling February 29, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Doctor gave me prescription last year for Jardiance. It is not covered by insurance. It is $400 per month. I never filled prescription. Is this drug some cruel joke?”

Jnick · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My doctor has me on 10mg of Jardiance, 4mg of glimepiride and 1500mg of metformin for diabetes management. My numbers have been going down and my doctor is so happy about that! Here's the thing - I'm not. I don't care about my diabetes. I've told them plenty of times and they still keep me on all this medicine. I've told people at my insurance company that "if it kills me, it kills me". Now, I wouldn't mind if these drugs helped me lose weight. I lost almost 50 pounds over 6 months (about 70 off my heaviest) while my diabetes was unmanaged. That's a lot of weight to lose by putting forth no effort. For the first time, I was losing significant weight by doing nothing! A dream come true. Today, I'm eating way too much because I'm always hungry and my weight was up 15 pounds over a month! It's not fair. I'd rather die from diabetes while feeling and looking lighter than manage my diabetes and work my @$$ off to start losing weight again.”

Michelle · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Ive been on Jardiance for a couple days. I just learned im not a true type 1 diabetic and am technically something called Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY) Diabetic. I've taken insulin for the past 25 years and this the first time taking an oral medication. I started out with a1c of 5.7 and blood sugars are still between 80-115. I do eat healthy but still have carbs time to time in moderation. Haven't noticed any side effect symptoms other than peeing more which is fine. I do drink a lot of fluids by day so I haven't noticed increased thirst.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Jardiance seems to work but I only took it for a month. Way to expensive! $262.00 per month with insurance and "discount" card from Jardiance makers.”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “This Jardiance drug is horrible. Before this I have not had a yeast infection in 12 years and 7 days on this medication I get a RAGING yeast infection and could not sleep for two days. I am not taking it anymore and have fully committed to diet and exercise to try to keep glucose levels at a “normal” level. My A1c has dropped from 11.3 to 8.2 in a year and my glucose levels usually range from 180 to 280. Anything lower I feel comatose. I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes 17 years ago....”

Sig · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Jardiance is a horrible drug, constant urge to pee, didn't lower glucose levels. Read the reviews...a dangerous drug.”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was put on jardiance for type 2 diabetes, I also have heart disease. This medication worked for it dropped my a1c from 11 to 7.4 in three months and I didn't change anything my diet or exercise regime. But if its to good to be true than it is I have had 3 UTI's right back to back on 6 different antibiotics, each UTI was worse than the one before. Very painful when I peed, my vagina swelled and hurt so bad, it burned when I peed like my urine was acid. So I went off Jardiance and eventually the UTI's went away. Then I ended up with a yeast infection from all the antibiotics I was on. This medication is very dangerous. I am scared that my kidneys might be damaged from this medication. I don't understand what use in this medication that it causes UTI, and yeast infections, and it could cause gangrene of the genitals!!! Like what is in this medication. Dose anyone know the answer to that?”

Rhonnie · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was put on jardiance I felt great for a year, minus the chest infections yeast infections but I trusted my Dr. One day I developed a small pea sized lump in my groin area, and by the next morning my whole pelvic area was red and swollen. I ended up in ER for a week on strong IV antibiotics. This drug causes necrotizing fasciitis (a super serious infection). I am still dealing with the aftermath. This is a dangerous drug. If its too good to be true ...,,,,,,,,its too good to be true”

Trying hard · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “On the first day of taking 10 mg of Jardiance my blood glucose dropped 40 points. On the fourth day of taking 10 mg of Jardiance my back was so sore I could not get up from sitting or bend over. It felt like a very back back muscle sprain in my mid back. My kidneys were screaming. I had no UTI but my kidneys did not do well on this medication and the back pain was severe.”

ivo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 30, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I use metformin, Jardiance and Ozempic for diabetes and have LOST over 60 lbs in 8 months. I look great but the UTI's are constant and this really worry me, also the rashes mean I am using cortisone creams all the time is not healthy but I have no choice as this is the first time in 20 years I can control my sugar - but i am asking my self if this is safe for my kidneys and bladder so it is complicated is it the lesser evil?”

Shawn · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My pcp prescribed Jardiance saying it will be great since it will help my diabetes and bp as well. As soon as I started the medication, I felt tired. I felt like a zombie. I looked up side effects and this wasn’t listed so I continued the medication. I was nauseous all the time and had constipation. Onto the third week and I can’t stand the tiredness and nauseous feeling anymore. I expected to urinated often so I’m not listing that. I am now 2 days off this and I’m feeling a little better. My nausea has lessened up. I do not recommend this.”

John florida · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 15, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Taking Jardiance with metformin, does lower glucose significantly. Been on these for a year. All was good but got a UTI so doctor discontinued jardiance not sure if he will allow me back on it. My glucose is higher without it. I'm willing to use test strips to monitor for UTI. Don't know of an alternative as effective that has less possible side effects.”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2019

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I started this medication in August 2019, this medicine works my a1c went from 11 down to 7.7 with really no changes in anything I did. It was going smoothly for the first couple months, then late October I got a UTI and took antibiotics, it went away about 3 days after the antibiotics it was back, so back on antibiotics I went for ten days got rid of it and guess what about a week later here it came again. The pain when I peed was so bad my urine was like acid it burned what it touched. I'm so tired of having these UTI they are horrible. So today I decided to go off this medication. I would recommended this medication if you don't have any of the side effects. But if you experience the side effects please stop taking it, it may do more damage than people know. I think sometimes the cure is worst than the disease.”

Georb · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 14, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was put on jardiance last year as I have type 2 diabetes, and have lost over a stone in weight and got my blood sugar levels under control. I have avoided any yeast infection. I do urinate more often and need to ensure that I do not get dehydrated. So far I am very pleased with this drug.”

Bigmotter · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 13, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “On Jardiance for type 2 diabetes and now have a major bleeding rash on the head of my penis as a side effect. Other side effects also; thirsty constantly, light headed when getting up from sitting, small reduction in A1C but not significant. I believe this medication Jardiance is very dangerous and is being marketed to only make money and not provide any positive benefits. I stopped the medication 16 days ago and the bleeding rash is 95% gone. I would avoid Jardiance like the plague!”