User Reviews for Jardiance

Learn more about Jardiance.

Diabetes, Type 2 29 reviews 138 medications

6.1
Summary of Jardiance reviews 29 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Jardiance

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Jardiance from March. I have had a significant drop in HBA1C and I have lost 21lbs. I pee and drink alot but it is worth it to reduce the sugar levels. I also experience back pain with this. However, I was very insulin resistant and can live with the side affects to help this."

Paulsie October 19, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Taken Jardine along with Janumet for a little over 1 year. I weighed 191 when I started. I now weigh 137. Alc was 10.8, now 6.1. I have experienced no negative side effects. I have had no episodes if blood sugar dropping too low. Great medication!"

I love Jardiance (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking 25 mg of Jardiance each day for 4 months. I pee constantly, have to get up through the night to pee. I am always thirsty and I drink a lot. I too have noticed an increase in sugar cravings. Eye doc found a hole in my retina last week and I had laser surgery to repair it. I also have a constant yeast infection which is very uncomfortable. I do not want to take this drug anymore but my pancreas does not work correctly since I had a tumour 25 years ago. I am going to try to eliminate all sugar from my diet to see if my BS is ok."

MaryCE61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started taking this medicine 3 months back A1C dropped to 6.5 from 8.2 lost three kgs also taking half glimestar before dinner, the side effects are back pain.My opinion is that it's good."

Shubham12 September 10, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this medication for 4 almost 5 days now,I eat clean and exercise like clock work everyday,including doing 15-20 miles on a manual incline treadmill,I could not get anymore weight off no matter what I did,although I got off the insulin! My doctor started me on this medicine and in almost 5 days time I have dropped 7 pounds and my BS is 100 I am hoping it stays this way and I keep losing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This drug is great! I have been taking it for about 6 months and have lost almost 30 lbs without trying at all! I do pee more but my sugar levels are awesome now. I just love it!"

myself125 July 6, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Jardiance for 8 month, my A1C drop from 10.1 to 7.5, also lost 12 pounds and I haven't experienced any side effects except for frequent urination and thirst ,so far is working for me."

Glody (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been using Jardiance for a year now. I suppose I should say I used it for a year, but I'm also no longer taking it. initially I had no problems and it did seem to reduce my blood sugars (tho not substantially), Since December I have had an insane amount of back and hip pain/uti/yeast infections that have rendered my life miserable. I've had very dry mouth/dehydration feelings since the beginning. Three days off the meds and my hip pain is gone, I no longer have dry mouth and my blood sugars are staying where they've been the benefit has not outweighed the enduring that misery. Listen to your body!"

Laurala (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Worked at first reducing need for insulin. However, never lost any weight. Started to have terrible pain in joints and back. I think there is some temporary worsening as I have quit it now."

Type2Diabetic05 May 20, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on 10 mg for over a month. It has made a huge difference in my BS levels. My fasting and evening BS was in the 200's now it's 120-170. I've lost 12 pounds but I am dieting too. I've noticed only a slight increase in urination and I'm definitely more thirsty. I think the drug makes me tired though. I'm hoping that gets better as time goes on. I haven't had any other side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took this medication for a week. Ended up with excruciating back pain and a UTI. Had to take antibiotics and still got a kidney infection. Over 3 weeks of pain for nothing!"

kadeedid (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started this med Dec 8, 2015. Have lost 16 pounds. Morning sugars dropped from 250 to 130-150 range. After meals dropping into 120 - 160 range. Hair on head and feet growing back. Yes, top of head has a noticeable amount of hair, growing back. Drinking a lot more water than before and have cut Lisinopril down to 1/2 dosage to try and figure out light headed feelings. Had several dizzy and sweat issues, but all bloodwrk is normal. Just did nuclear stress test and all is normal. Age is almost 64. Will not ride motorcycle until solving numbness in head issues. BP normal. 120/62 . Pee a lot more. Back pain is a concern as well. Tried contacting Lily, no luck"

Dave P. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking half pill of 25 mg. daily for 1 week then started a full pill of 25 mg daily . my blood sugar drops from 250 to 190 in the morning . of course also I am taking twice a day 1000 mg of metformin and 10 mg of gluburide twice daily . after the jardiance I noticed loss of weigh 2 pounds in 2 weeks and increased of hearts beats ."

Zouzou007 March 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "For controlling sugar level, medicine is good. But I lost 5 kg of weight in 3 months"

Rajesh Dixit (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have only taken this medication for a week and had to stop. The need to go pee every hour, including at night is keeping me from sleeping and I drive for a living. After only just a week, I also got a yeast infection and my back is in constant pain. I am also incredibly thirsty and this medicine is increased my craving for sugary drinks, which I have not drank in years. The second day on thus medicine, my blood sugar was 302. This is a number I've never had before. My blood sugar reads about 200 on a bad day and generally runs 150 average. My week on this medicine, my average blood sugar reading was 220. Two days after going off, my blood sugar started going down again. Thus medicine raised my blood,sugar significantly."

IAMMARIE February 28, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on Jardiance 10mg for 5-months. No bad side effects at all. I do need to drink a lot of water and pee a lot, but, for me, this is not a problem. I lost 8% of body weight while taking Jardiance and walking a couple of miles per day for three weeks. Waking blood sugar dropped from 115-130 to 90-100. I stopped the walking and most of the weight returned. A1C has varied from 5.1-5.9, not a big change. Morning blood sugar has gone up to 100-115 range without the walking. Before Jardiance. I had a retina stroke which generally related to plaque in my carotid arteries, and was attracted to Jardiance based on published study results that unexpectedly showed significant reduction of cardiac events. Have had no recurrence of eye problems."

PGCPaul (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this for 3 months, I have lost 30 pounds. My A1C went from 12.7 to 6.1. My blood sugar numbers went from 230 to 98 I have not had any of the negative side effects. I have not had dry mouth or waking up to urinate as some others have experienced. This medication has worked great for me so far."

Los32 November 21, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a Type 1 Diabetic and my Dr and I were really concerned with how high my A1C was and he put me on this about 6 ago, I was taking Lisinopril until he told me about this medication that would help lower my A1C and cause me to lose a little weight, I said lets try it. I am not overweight but have noticed that I lost about 8 lbs and my blood sugars have decreased alot, everything he warned me about I did experience like frequent urination (which is the sugar being excreted from your body through urine) and extreme thirst to be expected. The only thing I have noticed is that my blood sugar range seems to be going up again which I will go back in to see my Dr about. Other than that this medication has been great for me."

Anonymous November 17, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on Jardiance for about 6 months, a month into taking it my hair started falling out. I'm not talking about just a little either, normally I have very thick long hair. But whenever I brushed my hair the brush was full of hair, it was all over my clothes. By the time I got my doctor convinced it had only started doing that after taking Jardiance my hair was so thin you could see my scalp. The doctor was convinced when I showed him the bag of hair that I had lost. Now it's in my records for me not to take this medicine, my hair is growing back but it's going to be a while yet before it's back to the way it was before Jardiance"

it's not me October 30, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on 10mg Jardiance for 5 weeks now. My reactions: excessive sweating (shirts are visably soaked), extreme thirst, and vaginal yeast infections. Jardiance also gave me headaches the first two days I started. Right away my numbers dropped from the 160-190 range to 125-135 range however within a week it went up into the 150-160's. I believe that is partly because Jardiance caused my body to produce more glucagon (a hormone that promotes insulin resistance and raises blood sugar). Not sure the net gain is worth it?"

BooBooChickie October 19, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Ok. Lost a little weight over the two months. But experienced lightheadedness, fatigue, irritability and shakiness."

Red Canary August 27, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Terrible drug. Made me pee every 90 mins, which is not good as I am a driver on the road all day. Constant back pain. Having to get to 2/3 times during the night to go to toilet, causing lack of sleep. Negatives far outweigh positives. I stopped taking it after 3 months."

Little Lofty August 22, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have only been on Jardiance (10 mg) for 1 1/2 months but have watched by blood glucose levels slowly drop - have not yet had another A1c. I normally drink a lot of water but have noticed a definite increase in frequency of urination as well as urgency. This I can live with as I have "failed" 4 other diabetic medications. Have not noticed much weight loss but I am only about 10lbs overweight anyway. Keeping fingers crossed with this medication. I am not taking any other diabetic medication and was able to control with diet and exercise for a number of years. But this is a progressive disease. No other side effects noted."

siji (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My 37 year old son is a Type I diabetic-totally insulin dependent. His endocrinologist put him on 10mg Jardiance last Saturday. We were initially impressed that his sugar readings were better but Wednesday night he started vomiting uncontrollably and in severe pain all over. We rushed him to hospital. His kidneys were not functioning. He went from ER to ICU with keto acidosis.. I read all over the internet that this medication is NOT for Type I diabetics. When we called the doctor,he blamed his condition on SCUBA diving which is ridiculous. We always SCUBA and he has never had a problem as he monitors his diabetes carefully. He got sick hours after SCUBA diving. ICU kidney specialist said he should never had been put on this medicine."

Mom of Ben (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken this medication about 4 months. My A1C has dropped 1.5 and my other med have been reduced. I too have to drink plenty of water for the dry month and I have purchase Biotene. I also notice sometimes if my levels are elevated my urine has a odd/fruity smell."

AV1 April 7, 2015