User Reviews for Jardiance

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Jardiance.

Diabetes, Type 2
6.3

Summary of Jardiance reviews 6.3 65 reviews

Reviews for Jardiance

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Jardiance about 2 months. I was so happy to see my glucose numbers in the morning and lost 8 lbs. I drink a lot of water and pee A LOT. I notice about my urine is thick during my cleaning my toilet. After 2 months later I got pain in male part when I pull up my skin. Feeling of pain is get cut with raise blade. I run to my doctor and discuss about this problem, he to me to stop jardiance immediately. The pain go away in 2 day. It is so frustrated, I like it for glucose level and my body weight has gone down with Jardiance but can't continue. Now my glucose go up and my weight up 3 lb in 5 day. I hope this problem can be solved soon."

Maleinpain February 12, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Yes it lowered my A-1C, Yes it lowered my blood sugar, but after 4 months of going from one UTI WITH vaginal yeast infection to another I cannot stand those side effects anymore. I stopped it."

RuthH2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Jardiance for almost 2 months. Before I started Jardiance I had very high blood sugars averaging 220 plus HBA1C was very high. After starting Jardiance back in December 2017 I have not had any side effects except peeing a lot from the large amounts of water I drink. So far I am down 5lbs and blood sugars are averaging in the morning 80-110 and evening after dinner 110-160. Very happy with Jardiance"

Deon S February 7, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been on Jardiance for 3 weeks and my fasting blood sugar has increased from 135 to 180. I’m always thirsty and pee a lot."

Js29 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It has certainly lowered my HbA1c, which needed to happen urgently as I was waiting for a heart valve replacement. In recent months, my urine has been sticky and my foreskin has been sore and inflamed. My doctor says that's not a result of the Jardiance. Another doctor (an independent drug research doctor) told me to drink a lot of water and urinate frequently. I'm thinking I may ultimately need a circumcision"

Steve_T January 30, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am 78 with diabetes for the last 39 years. My sugar levels were out of control with coventional drugs. But after prescription of Jardiance 25. My glucose level is perfectly under control through out the day. Some times I experience giddiness for a few seconds."

veejaybee (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This drug has not worked for me at all. My blood sugars shot up & keep increasing by the week. Has also caused excessive sweating & false feeling of low blood sugar when in fact it was too high. Do not like the way it makes me feel."

Annb06 January 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My Blood sugar level was sky rocketing such as minimum at anytime was 17mmol/L and it was rising even to 28mmol/L within a day. After increased my metfomin gliclazide lingaliptine dose, finally introduced Jardiance 10mg. With support of Jardiance and my diabetic management literature review I have designed and planed my food and exercise regime. At the fourth day after starting of Jardiance I was able to have my early morning reading as 7.6 mmol/L from ever lowest 17mmol/L. Today is my fourth day on Jardiance."

Charles Spencer (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Jardiance gave me a bad yeast infection that took forever to get rid of, which I only had a problem with before was while taking antibiotics. Made my skin so bad on my private area and crack of my butt . Splotches of flaky skin on my arms and legs and in my navel. And under my breasts. My hair has been falling out badly since I used it, which was just for a month and didn't bring my glucose levels down any. I hate it"

Zapit (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on Jardiance 25mg for 10 months. I’ve lost 35 pounds, A1C dropped from 7.8 to 6.2. I don’t feel I urinate excessively and sometimes get up once a night to go to the bathroom. I’m beginning to get low blood sugars during the day so may have to cut back on other diabetic meds I’m taking. I’ve had one UTI which I had no symptoms with, just caught it in a routine urine test. I feel tired a lot, not sure it’s related to this med. also, I’ve lost a ton of hair. My hair is so thin now I can’t believe it. Anyone else suffer hair loss since taking this med? It’s done wonders for my diabetes and weight loss, would hate to have to stop taking it."

Suzs80 November 11, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "For some reason my A1C was increasing. My doctor added Jardiance to my regiment. My A1C dropped from 7.8 to 7.4 quite quickly. After three more months on Jardiance my A1C went from 7.4 to 6.2. I have also lost about 6 pounds since taking it. Side effects have been UTI and I feel tired and weak quite a bit. No energy. Other than that, I've been good. But I don't like feeling like this, so will tell my doctor about it today. Perhaps a small price to pay for such a drop in my A1C. It is also very expensive. I get samples from my Dr at times, but being on Medicare and it being a new drug, it's pretty costly. Have to see if it's even on the formulary for 2018 as it always changes & the drug co. does not give discounts to Medicare folks"

SuzS80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Ketoacidosis without coma. A really wonderfully emergency room trip. The doc was called 2 times before emergency and was not worried. Train the docs to look for problems. The stuff I read really seems to down play the danger. This drug will kill people but don't worry, do the math it will pay back before all of the deaths. A drug that almost killed me is totally effective. My blood sugar was reduced and I lost weight"

Allmostdied (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on this for 2 weeks and while I haven't checked my sugar levels it may not matter as I cannot stand peeing every one to one and a half hours. Its like I pee all night and all morning and then I'm terribly thirsty all after noon - early evening. Then I go to bed and it starts all over again. Its annoying and makes me look weird going into the bathroom every hour or so at work. Does the peeing ever lessen up? I also feel like any weight loss will only be due to water loos by constantly going to the bathroom so thats not a true weight loss... this may be the fourth Diabetes med I give up on because of the side effects."

Peelikemad (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The Jardiance ads are very misleading. EVERY SINGLE TIME a person is diagnosed with diabetes, they are INFORMED about the risks of their high cholesterol, their high triglycerides and their ease in having cardiac/heart issues - every single time, yet the Jardiance ads asks people if they are aware that diabetes can cause heart disease and they all answer in the negative - that's false because they have been advised, at the time of their diagnosis, about this - doctors are very diligent about this requirement. NOT SURPRISED YOU WON'T PRINT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

SaxLey September 7, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Jardience has improved my ability to control my diabetes. Jardience is easy to take because it is in pill form instead of a shot. The problem I experienced while taking Jardience is a monthly yeast infection. This month, August 2017, I acquired a yeast infection and a severe case of vulvitis. My usual dose of diflucan improved my vulvitis and yeast infection but symptoms still persist. This level of discomfort has made me consider discontinuing Jardience."

priceless963 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking a combination of Jardiance 25 mg daily and Janumet 50/100 BID for about a year and 1/2. I have lost 70 pounds....was 191lb pounds now 121 pounds. Due to weight loss, Alc is now 5.8, down from 10.8. I have recently stopped the Janumet finding I no longer need both medications. Considering cutting Jardiance dose in half as well. However since stopping Janumet I have gained about 5 pounds recently..which is fine because 121 pounds was too thin for my medium size frame. I am hoping I can stop medications altogether. I highly recommend Jardiance!"

Lulabelle21st (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Jardiance gave me back pain because I was dehydrated so I decided to drink one glass of coconut water everyday to relieve the pain and it works"

K.Lockett (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taken this medication for a year now, at first it works and my BS went down without exercise. But the problem has I always had a yeast infection and now I'm coughing a lot then I went to my doctor and had an ultrasound on the neck it came out that I had a small lymph node on my neck. That causes me coughing a lot. I`m just wondering if its one of the side effects of this medication taking 25mg. tablets. Any idea´.And one bad side effects of this medication to is back pain."

bhengby August 11, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Emergency room visit after only three tablets. This medication will KILL. I was lucky. Don't take Jardience. You may l get ketoacidosis and you will be in emergency room. So ... NOT worth it."

Alive despite jardience (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been type 2 for over 12 yrs now. My glucose testing is anywhere from 15-21. I take Janumet, Glicizide Humalog x2 and lantus at bed, my doc started me on Jardiance 1.5 weeks ago and today my sugar was 5.6! This drug is amazing, but also I've cut out the sugared snacks and junk food. I feel amazing. My body is going through kinda of a shock because my levels were way outta whack. I recommend Jardiance to anyone that needs the boost."

Daniel H August 2, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started it last week only took it for 2 days made me very ill stopped it after 2nd dose still poorly 10 days later glad to hear some people are having real benefit from it"

herbielicious (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Brought my blood sugar and A1C down nicely, 6.3 at last test. No side effects. Patients can get two years free on the website if covered by private insurance. Otherwise $20 copay per month with BCBS."

JM2326 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been feeling good while on Jardiance (Diab type 2). I take 12.5 mg each night. Same as a lot of folk here, I pee much more & am thirsty more often .Dropped the weight pretty much straight away with very little effort. I was taking Diabex before this. I've got to have a glucose test in the next week so we'll see how it all goes. My son's a nursing student &t his is what he said about it: 'My understanding of it is that the glomerulus which is the filtration site in the nephron (which is the functional unit of the kidney) is only designed to filter smaller particles. Glucose however is really big and shouldn't be filtered into the nephron That's what I was lead to believe. Not sure if that's true or not.' I'll hit my Dr up with this."

stemart June 16, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have had type 2 diabetes for 16 years. I have had relativity good control with my numbers EXCEPT with my fasting blood sugars. No matter what I did, my fasting numbers were always between 180 and 220! Even when I was on an insulin pump my fasting numbers were between 150 and 170. I had to stop using the insulin pump due to "affordable" health care. My doctor prescribed me Jardiance about a month and half ago and all I can say is WOW! This is what I have been needing! My fasting blood sugars are now between 90 and 120! and my daytime numbers have held steady in that range as well! Granted, I still have to use bolus and basal insulin, but Jardiance has seemed to make my insulin SO MUCH more effective. Also no side effects with me."

sugarbetes (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My glucose level went down from 14.5 to 7.0 just in three months on Metformin 500mg twice a day and Jardiance. In addition, I have lost approximately 14 lbs. I was under the impression that I lost weight with diet and exercise. However, it has brought my blood pressure significantly low to the point I had fainted. Therefore, I have stopped taking Jardiance. My family physician recommended that I have soup or juice to deal with the low bp. I used to have low bp and it went up in the recent years, now back down again. I have gained some weight back since I have stopped Jardiance. I wish I can continue with Jardiance but with the risk of fainting again? I have mixed feelings now."

Gane M May 31, 2017