User Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Also known as: Farxiga

Dapagliflozin has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 139 ratings on Drugs.com. 31% of those users who reviewed Dapagliflozin reported a positive effect, while 48% reported a negative effect.

Heart Failure   10.0
Diabetes, Type 2   4.6
Summary of Dapagliflozin reviews 4.7 139 reviews

Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2021

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Heart Failure: “In October 2020 an ICD wire had failed as my heart failure advanced. I felt terrible - to say the least. Every meal was miserable for me as the shortness of breath became intolerable. I thought the end was around the corner. Long story short, FARXIGA was and is the last thing they could do for me short of a LV PUMP. FARXIGA was a little rough around the edges for a couple weeks, these days, I'm doing very well. Perhaps, I'll take it easy a couple days a week, other than that, I take care of myself and every chore and travel. Ask your cardiologist to give you chance with it..... Incidentally, I was not a candidate for Entresto (angio edema caused by lisinopril, I was happy with lisinopril for 5yrs)”

Kate · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2021

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “A great drug, if you want relentless yeast infections.”

Tater · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I had been taking Farxiga for a little over 2 years when I became sick I started with freezing and burning up a headache and vomiting then my bottom started hurting. I waited 3 days and it kept getting worse it was Thanksgiving Day of this year and I couldn’t stand it anymore so I went to the ER. The next thing I knew I was on my way to another hospital by ambulance to have surgery for Necrotizing fasciitis on my bottom and it had spread into my blood stream. I could have died really quickly if I hadn’t gone to the hospital. I really believe that Farxiga caused it I told my doctor I wasn’t taking it anymore”

Short cakes · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Worst ever!!! I am peeing every hour if not more times an hour. All day and night! I can't drink enough to keep mouth moist. But the peeing. Seriously, can I stop now? It can't be good for my body to pee this much.”

Type ii · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Started Farxiga 6 weeks ago. 2 weeks at 5 mg, and 4 weeks 10 mg. I read reviews and started cranberry pills at the same time and have had no infections. My blood sugar is below 140 90% of the time, if I cut carbs and starches. When I do slip my numbers go up and then back down within a couple hours. I love this med!!!”

T-Bone · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I am starting Farxiga 10mg in the morning and after reading the reviews I can honestly say I’m scared of it. I’m a nurse and I always do my research when it comes to new drugs . Right now I’m metformin XR 2000mg in the morning . My last HbA1c was 8.4 that worries me . 5.4 is what I want it to read . I have had issues with yeast infections and UTIs since I was a young woman and I hate getting them . I guess I have to try something . Wish me luck I’ll be Back with an update in a couple weeks.”

Kev · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Heart Failure: “Best medicine for heart failure. It make you pee regularly without taking lasix.”

SK · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “My average glucose hba1c was 9.5. Doctor prescribed farxiga 10 mg. It reduced sugar to 7.1 hba1c. But the side effects was just dangerous. My urination increase a lot and thus my dehydration. So huge constipation, dry eyes, penile infection. Thus I have stopped this medication and moved to different one.”

Bimbo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “This drug dapagliflozin cause me many problems Pain in back Muscle pain in arms Some memory loss Have only just stopped taking this drug after 12 months and my problems are going away”

Hably · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 1, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking this Farxiga for 1 year now, 10mg along side 2500 metformin. I have lost 45 lbs with it. At first I was nauseous which lasted a couple of months for sure. I had my first yeast infection, isn't fun, when I told my doctor she said to start taking cranberry capsules so I am not not drowning myself in fluids all day. That cleared up the infection and haven't had since. Also not having to urinate all the time. Also my doctor was well aware of the kidney risk and gave me medication to protect them or line them, as well as a blood pressure med. My blood sugars are normal these days. I am healthier and happier.”

Stewbee · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Concerning Hair Loss Since Taking Farxiga: I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes Jan 2020 with an A1C of 13.5. My doctor started me on Farxiga 5mg every morning and Ozempic .25 sub q once a week. Over the last 4 weeks or so I’ve had a concerning amount of hair loss which prompted a telehealth appointment with my doctor 10 days ago, he “thinks” it may be stress related as I work in a hospital ER and with Covid-19 the atmosphere is stressful. I voiced my concerns about the Farxiga and Ozempic RX’s since they are the only new medications I’ve started; he said he didn’t see that as a reported concern however he suggested I stop taking the Farxiga for a week or so to see if there’s improvement; 10 days later, I’m not seeing any improvement however I’m going to give it a few more weeks now that I’ve read here that others have had hair loss as well. I want to give it time to get out of my system and see if it’s any better.”

Barbiet · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I took farzegia for 4 days my lower back was hurting and pelvic area I went to move and in my left flank I had a severe pain it felt like some one smushed my kidney every thing tastes bad flu like symptoms joints hurt not going to take it any more I feel bad the price is high”

Sas · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking this for 3 days. Not long but I have had a screaming headaches and my hand joints hurt. Last night it felt like my heart was flipping inside my chest. Maybe 3 days is not long enough but after reading other reviews I think I will stop. I also cannot get enough fluids and woke up this morning dehydrated to extent that mouth was dry and hurt.”

Sunshine February 1, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been on 5mg of Farxiga for 2 months. I developed a yeast infection within two weeks, very uncomfortable since I had not had one before. Besides that, everything else seems fine, I do feel more like myself with this prescription because the others I have tried I felt like I had to eat more often or my numbers seemed high. I will stay on Farxiga for now but will have to change if I continue to have yeast infections.”

Lala · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Doctor gave me 3 weeks of supply of Farxiga and I got an instant yeast infection within 2 days of taking it. After about 2 weeks I noticed irregular heartbeat at night, chills throughout the day, and pain throughout my body. I do notice a curb in my appetite. If I could handle the side effects I would continue. But I work 15 hours a day I need to feel good. I also take Metformin 750 XR and Metoprolol tartrate for high blood pressure.”

dink January 6, 2020

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “took this Farxiga for two weeks, hated it, was extremely exhausted and couldn't stop drinking water, I drank 32 oz of water every night so I was in bathroom most of the night. So tired I didn't want to move, I got dizzy and felt awful. Would never take again”

Imran · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 10, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been used dapagliflozin 5 mg more than a year. It is great for me, before started dapagliflozin my sugar level was so high and my serum creatinine 1.3. I used mixtard30/70 penfil and other drugs but it doesn't work properly. My body weight was increasing day by day. Then I visited an endrocinologist he prescribed me dapagliflozin 5mg with other medicine and it is work successfully.”

Geka October 24, 2019

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Have been taking Farxiga for over a year for type 2 diabetes and I am going to stop today. I can not handle constant yeast infections. Been taking prescription meds, Cremes, suppositories, etc. for the yeast infection, I’d say three weeks out of the month I itch, burn, and bleed even though I don’t scratch. It’s not worth it. So frustrating, gonna just low carb for the rest of my life, lose weight, hopefully get off the rest off the meds and/or insulin. Tired of doctors pretending to listen and then just say take this and that, they get kick backs and I can’t sit comfortably on my couch.”

Janet October 18, 2019

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I took Farxiga for several weeks when I realized it was making me hurt all over. I became fatigued and sick. I quit taking it but not soon enough. I list a lot of hair and my blood pressure exploded so high I was in serious stroke territory and hospitalized. During the weeks on new high blood pressure (HBP) meds I swelled and and gained weight and developed chronic kidney disease, stage 3. This drug almost killed me and the damage it caused will never go away. Some people may tolerate it, but i will always regret taking it. Be warned !”

Mr.H · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2019

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have noticed that ever since I started taking for Farxiga my hairline is receding and my hair doesn’t grow as fast.”

Georgie · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 20, 2019

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “This medicine Farxiga should be taken off the market. I wound up in the hospital, my body, legs especially got huge, I do weigh about 239lb have large thighs, but this was way beyond that, I still have swollen legs and had to buy wide leg pants , can't wear anything less than wide leg pants, had headaches, bad yeast infections, had to pee a lot, had constant tingling in my legs. Which finally sent me to the ER. I have had constant joint pain in legs, hands, like I have never had before. Memory loss. Which has gotten a little better but memory loss none the less, I am not the kind of person to sue but this company took my legs from me. Wish I never took it. It also didn't do much to lower blood sugar. Finally am taking Lantus.”

Mark · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Started it and within the first week it caused severe dehydration and diarrhea (at least 6-10 times daily). Couldn't keep solid food and made me feel dizzy, disoriented. Had to go to the emergency room because of this. I don't think doctors or the drug companies are giving their patients enough warning about how dangerous this could be.”

Lulu · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Short and sweet. This doesn't work for me. Causes stomach ache, constipation, itching, yeast infection, fatigue and HIGH blood sugar readings. Every issue mentioned on this site, I have dealt with.”

EuchreQueen · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Very scary! Have had horrible hair loss for the last 2 or 3 months with no idea why. On my 2nd visit to the dermatologist she asked me if I have been taking any new medications. The only recent change was Farxiga. I had been taking 10 mg. Daily for several months. My stomach has been bad and scalp is itchy, too. I will not be taking this any more.”

Beccaleigh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 25, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Fabulous weight loss. I am now lighter than I have been in 20 years by losing 18lb. No diet was working for me before taking these tablets which helped a lot. I didn't even know that they were used for weight so it was a lovely surprise. It took 6 months so it wasn't overnight but my whole thought process of food changed somehow. The only downside is the thrush which I have never suffered from before.”