User Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Diabetes, Type 2
5.1

Summary of Dapagliflozin reviews 5.1 93 reviews

Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking Farxiga about 3 wks ago for the second time. The first time I quit was having terrible yeast infections after 2 weeks. This time I was prescribed Fuconazole along with Farxiga. Took one every week when I noticed the yeast infection was coming back. My husband noticed that he was finding my hair everywhere and I just went to my hairdresser who asked in I was on a new medication as my hair was broken and the new growth was thin!! That's it no more drugs. Have taken Metformin (horrible diarrhea & UTI) and tried all the new "wonder drugs" all had bad side effects. Tired of being a guinea pig! Has any of the above contributors that lost hair had it grow back?"

gigi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I trialled this medication for 10 days, lost 4.5lb in weight, Loose bowels, increased urination, having to get up in the night, experienced on the 10th tablet terrible stomach pains, right eye twitching and generally fatigued, not sure if connected but after not having a period for a year, I started a to have a show of pinky blood! Absolutely horrid tablets .."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I would advise everyone to quit Farxiga AND ivokona. I have been on it for a year and it wasn't bad at first but I've had numerous kidney infections and lately it a been making me so sick( cold sweats, dehydration, weird feeling when peeing) And USA Today just dropped an article this week of these two drugs cause flesh eating bacteria in the genitals. I'm not kidding at all. Just do an internet search Farxiga and flesh eating bacteria. There you will see plenty of brand new info about how DANGEROUS this is. My farxiga script is in the trash and I'm scared to death of the damage I have been doing for the last year"

Toney September 3, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Have been on 10mg Forxiga for 10 months, have had extreme thirst / constant urination, headaches, dizziness and an inability to concentrate and yeast infections constantly but have lost 15kg. I halved my dosage to 5mg one month ago and feel heaps better in all aspects and am increasing exercise to keep weight off. I want to stop Forxiga altogether as my biggest fear is this weird inability to concentrate as I require good mental clarity and long periods of concentration in my job. Has anyone else found it affects their ability to concentrate? I find it really scary and may have to stop it for this reason alone."

Jasmine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 27, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had been on Invokana for a couple weeks, but had to stop due to intense vaginal itching, and the itch went away. I told my Doc and he put me on "Farxiga", and after about 3 weeks, the itching came back so bad it was unbelievable - not good. Off it now for about a week, and the itch is almost gone. Never again."

sallyannlady (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was started on Farxiga as my first Type II drug about 6 weeks ago. I started with a fasting reading of 360, and in those 6 weeks have regular readings below 180 after eating. I have had slight side effects - some headaches and dehydration (I think the headaches are actually linked to being dehydrated), and a lot of urinating, but so far nothing major. Bonus - I've even lost about 8 pounds in that time with very little change to my eating habits (I still eat sweets, but have cut back a some, but not nearly as much as I should) and adding very moderate exercise, like walking an extra 30 minutes a couple times a week. I'm basically trying to keep to 60-75 g of carbs for each meal, and this has worked well for me. My doctor was worried about cost, but I got a 3 month supply for about $33 (CVS prescription plan through my work). So far I'm very happy with Farxiga, but this being my first Diabetes drug, I have nothing to compare it to at this time."

Daver (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "My husband started taking this medication Jan 2018. All appeared well at first, he lost some weight which the GP said would happen and has suffered slight yeast infection. However he is now experiencing severe muscle aches and says it’s like having flu. Has trouble getting out of bed always worse first thing in the morning and at night, wears off slightly during the day, he says he feels like a cripple. This has only happened since he has been on this drug and he is really struggling the GP has taken him off it after are protests is currently waiting to see the Diabetic Nurse. I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and if so how long it took until you felt better. Would not recommend this drug to anyone also his BG has increased."

Maccy August 20, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was prescribed Farxiga 5 mg for type 2 Diabetes. My a1c is 6.6. I was apprehensive to take this because of the listed side effects. Prior to taking I started myself on a daily probiotic, immune booster, and fish oil supplements. I drink ONLY water. I don't eat sweets. I don't drink added sugar beverages. I push a great deal of water through my system to stay hydrated and avoid infection. So far, no side effects other than increased urine output, which sometimes aggravates my nether regions (& some slight cramping), nothing unbearable; I just drink MORE water. Give it a chance, all medications have side effects. I tried Metformin first and had the worst GI upset of my life, and that was after only 1 dose. Everyone's bodies respond differently. I would like to add that this medication creates more sugar in the urine, so taking it and ingesting more sugar is only causing your body more strain... you're a diabetic anyways!"

GIVEitAchance August 11, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "5 mg tablets - five hundred twenty five dollars US (US$500)????? "

mike (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Farxiga for a little less than a month and am experiencing headaches, extreme scalp itching, shortness of breath, back pain and dehydration. I generally drink tons of water and prior to Farxiga did not have to urinate as much as I do. I also think that I am getting a yeast infection. I was on Janumet and Jardiance prior to this but my insurance company stopped covering both so now I am forced to take this or Invokana...I don't like this medication and would prefer to be on what I was taking before. If you have any say so in the matter DO NOT TAKE FARXIGA!!"

Jazzi (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Made a lot of my hair fall out and left me with bald spots. Do not take this medicine"

mo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started this med 4 years ago. I never experienced any of the symptoms of others. Except my hair does feel thinner..but I've always had thin hair. I lost 20lb take along with metformin my a1c went to 6. Yes I drink more water and pee a lot at night which is a big deal."

auntiec (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been taking Farxiga for almost 2 years. I’ve experienced some minor weight loss, frequent urination, and yeast infections pretty regularly. I have also noticed a change in my hair. It’s not as soft as it used to be and I do think I may have lost some on top as a result of this med. Why do I stay on it? Because it’s been free - due to a savings card, almost the entire time I’ve been on it and I don’t want to start losing limbs as a result of diabetes. I need help and for now this is it."

Sally (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Before I used Farxiga my A1C was almost 14 and I was on 2 different insulins and 5 other pills, But with a strict diet, exercise, and drinking 6 bottles a water per day and seeing my Diabetic Nutritionist, in 3 months my A1C has came down to 9. That's Amazing. I do urinate a lot, have had a few yeast infections, and experience frequent back pain, my urine has a fruity smell, but the dropping of my A1C, out weigh my side effects. I will continue taking Farxiga and my goal for my A1C is 6. I am insulin free and only on Farxiga, metformin and januvia."

Laura (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this for 9 months. 3 month blood sugar levels back to better than normal. Yes I did pee more often, but even that has rescinded and if I watch what I drink before bed, once a night peeing for my age is good. Also since taking this drug my eyesight issue cleared up. Btw, I take it with Linagliptin. Weight loss, yes a little, but I didn’t have much to lose anyways, so another inch of the waist has taken me back to my 30yr old waist when I am double that age."

Gaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 1, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was first prescribed 1 tablet daily morning for two weeks ,my FBS 181, PP2BS 290 +1, it came down to 155 & 152, dose of Forxiga was extended to one month. Today I am detected FBS 160,+2 urine glucose,PP2BS 170,+2 urine glucose. I am quite worried. VIJAY Tripathy Vadodara Gujrat, India"

Vijay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have hypothyroidism.. So I'm taking eltroxin 200.. After a routine check up my blood sugar was marginally high.. And a1c was pretty high.. 8.. So the doctor put me on glycomet Sr 500 which is metformin and farxiga 10 mg.. This was in August 2016.. Since then.. My sugar has been under control.. But I had numerous yeast infections and past three months.. I have had pinworm infestation.. I took alvendazole.. And it was momentarily OK.. But. Now the pinworms are back.. With more yeast infection... But I fear the pinworms have infected my uterus and fallopian tubes.. As I'm having constant pain.. I am over weight and farxiga has done nothing to reduce it.. As I'm constantly hungry.. Thirsty.. Pinworms made my life hell.. Finally stopped farxiga.. Feel much better.. My gynaecologist prescribed for the yeast infection.. Finally feeling like a human again.. But I fear my fallopian tube have been permanently scared.. As I get frequent intermittent spotting.. And cramps.. I will not recommend"

Tina March 4, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Am 71 male. Lost 35 pounds, and muscle tone. Felt uncomfortable all the while on it. Asked doctor to take me off it, feel better now."

Vinny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Farxiga for 4 months and have had horrible constant yeast infections for past 2 months, not even prescription meds help yeast infection. A1C has not come down. Will be going off Farxiga."

Stac (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on this med for a little over two months. Packed back on weight I lost on Buydureon. Not sure about A1c. The doctor hasn't tested A1c since I started this med. I got a savings card that reduced this med to $30 a month. I can't afford any of the other newer diabetes meds in the hundreds of dollars, so I am stuck taking this. I always get bounced off of these newer meds when the savings cards run out. I am grateful for the time I do get to take the meds due to the savings cards though. I had pretty severe itching for the first month but that has subsided dramatically. Thankfully I haven't had any yeast infections, but I have also been taking standardized cranberry pills. I can say I am much less tired on this med than I was on a couple of the other newer meds."

Not Feeling the Love (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I took this med for one month But had Bacteria in urine and itchy at some nights Frequent urination Sugar became controlled. I lost 10kg in 1 month - I was happy for that."

binilpaul January 31, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It works just not liking the side effect, I literally drank a 5 gallon of water to myself. And I'm not enjoying the non stop pooping. Omg - so not worth it. I'm like a damn camel. Water, water, water and then in the bathroom. But over all blood sugar has been fairly low for me."

Ellie37 January 28, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Was on it for about 4 days. Got dehydrated, malaise, and extreme nausea. I stopped taking Farxiga and went back to the previews drug I was taking. Feel much better now."

Philp January 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Diabex (slow release metformin) stopped working slowly over a period of about 9 years, basically since diagnosis. Doctor put me on this drug (combination Metformin & Dapagliflozin) called Xigduo XR (1000mg/5mg respectively X2 daily). Took about 4 to 5 weeks but levels started dropping steadily and now regularly get 5. Initially did get a little stomach upsets and cramping , slight diarrhea, but it eased after a couple of weeks. The best thing is the weight loss...Lost 16kg in about 5 months and it's stayed off!! Not doing anything different.Now back to recommended weight for my height, Yay!! Do seem to pee a little bit more, but the benefits, including liver function and kidneys returning to normal are amazing."

Graham S (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 31, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started out with 5 mg 3 months ago. Began having slight external itching after about a month. Never turned into an internal yeast infection. It was off and on. Started taking 10 mg about 10 days ago and it turned into an “worse itch ever ”. Awful! Couldn’t tell much difference in going to the bathroom nor a change in my blood sugar. Did not help A1c. I would rather fight high blood sugar than take this medication.!!"

Joseywales (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017