User Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Diabetes, Type 2
5.2

Summary of Dapagliflozin reviews 5.2 80 reviews

Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Before I used Farxiga my A1C was almost 14 and I was on 2 different insulins and 5 other pills, But with a strict diet, exercise, and drinking 6 bottles a water per day and seeing my Diabetic Nutritionist, in 3 months my A1C has came down to 9. That's Amazing. I do urinate a lot, have had a few yeast infections, and experience frequent back pain, my urine has a fruity smell, but the dropping of my A1C, out weigh my side effects. I will continue taking Farxiga and my goal for my A1C is 6. I am insulin free and only on Farxiga, metformin and januvia."

Laura (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this for 9 months. 3 month blood sugar levels back to better than normal. Yes I did pee more often, but even that has rescinded and if I watch what I drink before bed, once a night peeing for my age is good. Also since taking this drug my eyesight issue cleared up. Btw, I take it with Linagliptin. Weight loss, yes a little, but I didn’t have much to lose anyways, so another inch of the waist has taken me back to my 30yr old waist when I am double that age."

Gaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 1, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was first prescribed 1 tablet daily morning for two weeks ,my FBS 181, PP2BS 290 +1, it came down to 155 & 152, dose of Forxiga was extended to one month. Today I am detected FBS 160,+2 urine glucose,PP2BS 170,+2 urine glucose. I am quite worried. VIJAY Tripathy Vadodara Gujrat, India"

Vijay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have hypothyroidism.. So I'm taking eltroxin 200.. After a routine check up my blood sugar was marginally high.. And a1c was pretty high.. 8.. So the doctor put me on glycomet Sr 500 which is metformin and farxiga 10 mg.. This was in August 2016.. Since then.. My sugar has been under control.. But I had numerous yeast infections and past three months.. I have had pinworm infestation.. I took alvendazole.. And it was momentarily OK.. But. Now the pinworms are back.. With more yeast infection... But I fear the pinworms have infected my uterus and fallopian tubes.. As I'm having constant pain.. I am over weight and farxiga has done nothing to reduce it.. As I'm constantly hungry.. Thirsty.. Pinworms made my life hell.. Finally stopped farxiga.. Feel much better.. My gynaecologist prescribed for the yeast infection.. Finally feeling like a human again.. But I fear my fallopian tube have been permanently scared.. As I get frequent intermittent spotting.. And cramps.. I will not recommend"

Tina March 4, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Am 71 male. Lost 35 pounds, and muscle tone. Felt uncomfortable all the while on it. Asked doctor to take me off it, feel better now."

Vinny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Farxiga for 4 months and have had horrible constant yeast infections for past 2 months, not even prescription meds help yeast infection. A1C has not come down. Will be going off Farxiga."

Stac (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on this med for a little over two months. Packed back on weight I lost on Buydureon. Not sure about A1c. The doctor hasn't tested A1c since I started this med. I got a savings card that reduced this med to $30 a month. I can't afford any of the other newer diabetes meds in the hundreds of dollars, so I am stuck taking this. I always get bounced off of these newer meds when the savings cards run out. I am grateful for the time I do get to take the meds due to the savings cards though. I had pretty severe itching for the first month but that has subsided dramatically. Thankfully I haven't had any yeast infections, but I have also been taking standardized cranberry pills. I can say I am much less tired on this med than I was on a couple of the other newer meds."

Not Feeling the Love (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I took this med for one month But had Bacteria in urine and itchy at some nights Frequent urination Sugar became controlled. I lost 10kg in 1 month - I was happy for that."

binilpaul January 31, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It works just not liking the side effect, I literally drank a 5 gallon of water to myself. And I'm not enjoying the non stop pooping. Omg - so not worth it. I'm like a damn camel. Water, water, water and then in the bathroom. But over all blood sugar has been fairly low for me."

Ellie37 January 28, 2018

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Was on it for about 4 days. Got dehydrated, malaise, and extreme nausea. I stopped taking Farxiga and went back to the previews drug I was taking. Feel much better now."

Philp January 20, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Diabex (slow release metformin) stopped working slowly over a period of about 9 years, basically since diagnosis. Doctor put me on this drug (combination Metformin & Dapagliflozin) called Xigduo XR (1000mg/5mg respectively X2 daily). Took about 4 to 5 weeks but levels started dropping steadily and now regularly get 5. Initially did get a little stomach upsets and cramping , slight diarrhea, but it eased after a couple of weeks. The best thing is the weight loss...Lost 16kg in about 5 months and it's stayed off!! Not doing anything different.Now back to recommended weight for my height, Yay!! Do seem to pee a little bit more, but the benefits, including liver function and kidneys returning to normal are amazing."

Graham S (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 31, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started out with 5 mg 3 months ago. Began having slight external itching after about a month. Never turned into an internal yeast infection. It was off and on. Started taking 10 mg about 10 days ago and it turned into an “worse itch ever ”. Awful! Couldn’t tell much difference in going to the bathroom nor a change in my blood sugar. Did not help A1c. I would rather fight high blood sugar than take this medication.!!"

Joseywales (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started this medication 10 days ago. I have been taking two standardized cranberry pills a day since I started Farxiga. "Knock on Wood" I don't have a yeast infection. I do have some itching on my hip area and upper back area since taking this medication. Not sure what that is about. I am thirsty often, but I have been trying to drink a lot of water. Hoping his medication works well for me. I just came off Bydureon and it helped me to lose 25 lbs. Hoping for a miracle weight loss from this medication. :)"

Farout (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Started on this tablet as the Metformin still affected my stomach and causing bouts of diarrhoea. When I changed to Forxiga Dapagliflozin (5mg) I was pleased the dose consisted of one small tablet a day, however the worst side effect was the constant thirst, even throughout the night I was getting up to drink 2 or 3 times then I started with thrush which meant I was having to take tablets for the side effects - so I gave up. Now back to Metformin slow release but 3 x 500mg a day :-("

Jlm1407 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Use flushable wipes EVERY TIME and it will be 95% Better. Using TP is burning,terrible build up! Happy Trails!"

Tennesseelady63 September 26, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have stopped taking it as I was having to pee ALL the time (every 1-2 hours) Feeling dehydrated. Yeast infection. Hair falling out. Only been taking for a month. Don't know what it's done for my A1C, but my levels are higher than normal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have start taking forxiga 10 mg 6 months before. I have UTI and I feel that my power of muscles getting weaker and weaker. I am skinny and after taking this medicine I became even more skinny I continue to loose weight. It is horrible to me."

cvalok September 20, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been put in this tablet in place of gliclazide to help with weight loss. It is helping but have been told my blood sugars are up but their giving me another 3 months on them to see how I go"

Enna44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Farxiga for 8 months. I ended up with numerous horrible urinary tract and yeast infections. So bad one time that it required an ER visit and missing work. At the end of the 8 months my A1c went from a 6.7 to a 7.1. It didn't work at all for me just made me miserable. ."

Lookingfortherightmed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "An experimental on the part of my doctor. Gave me samples to try Farxiga for 10days. Let me tell you the Good thing first: it lowers my sugar level. Bad things that happened to me: dizziness, dehyradrated, UTI (I was so shocked to have this) and I'm so grumpy after taking Farxiga. Just now, the main doctor called me and told me about the urine test and he said it was very high in infection and that antibiotic was ordered at the pharmacy for me to pick up. Told me to stop taking Farxiga and just continue with Metformin. So Metformin it is and my supplement to control sugar level. I have not taken antibiotics for really long years, and now with this Farxiga...the cons."

Lornee July 28, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After 1 1/2 weeks of taking Farxiga I went into severe dehydration that included dizziness, being lightheaded, not being able to stand for more than a minute without feeling like I was going to faint, extreme shortness of breath, chest pain, pain in my lower back and sides, excessive thirst, and dry mouth. Luckily my daughter has had medical training and recognized that I had severe dehydration. I had to begin immediate fluid replenishing as well as salt replacement. Farxiga is the only thing that had been changed about my regular schedule, and upon looking at the maker's website, we found that dehydration, kidney problems, increased bad cholesterol levels, and UTI's are just some of the regular side effects that go along with taking this."

Anonymous 13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this for over a year now. Up until two weeks ago it kept my bloods pretty good and I didn't have to be terribly strict. I stopped surfing and doing muay thai (Thai boxing) two weeks ago due to an injury and not sure if it is the lack of exercise or if it has stopped working but eating things that normally would have kept me normal, are now spiking me and I have gotten up to 18 at times, which scared me (albeit they go down into range within 30 minutes or so). I must admit no other side effects other than thrush, which is annoying, but worth it as I also drop weight super easy and lost a considerable amount and it stays down. Hoping to go for a light jog tonight and so hopefully that will sort my recent spikes out"

AmandaSurfer May 29, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking 10 mg of Farxiga and after 2 weeks I started getting bad headaches, muscle contractions in my head and chest along with difficulty breathing. I have had an assortment of pains and discomforts in my chest. In my head I could feel my brain oscillating. I had to get a toridal shot to break the headache. I shared with the doctor and they put me through an EKG and MRI scan, both were normal. I decided to stop taking the medication on my own. I still have headaches and my ears are ringing all the time. Still have shortness of breath and discomfort in the middle of my chest. I had none of these symptoms prior to taking Farxiga. And, the doctor does not attribute any of them to Farxiga and can't figure out the cause."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Blood sugars kept going up each day."

Terry 65 yr old male (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started farxiga was already on metformin XR. At first I lost weight, blood sugars stayed the same, now increasing. Sugar levels stay high for some time. I have an increased thirst and frequent urination. Been on it for about a year. Now I have gained weight, suffered dehydration a couple times had to have an IV of fluids. A1c is climbing started out at 8.1 now 8.9. I woke up this morning with upper left quadrant pain. For the past two weeks have had smelly urine, almost acidic. Swelling of eyes and crusty eyelids. Hives on neck. Got tested for lupus was negative. Going to see the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment. Going to stop taking this med, now! I stopped and all side effects stopped. Thought I would give it a try one more time."

ironshield (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017