User Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Also known as: Farxiga

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Dapagliflozin.

Diabetes, Type 2
5.2

Summary of Dapagliflozin reviews 5.2 69 reviews

Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started out with 5 mg 3 months ago. Began having slight external itching after about a month. Never turned into an internal yeast infection. It was off and on. Started taking 10 mg about 10 days ago and it turned into an “worse itch ever ”. Awful! Couldn’t tell much difference in going to the bathroom nor a change in my blood sugar. Did not help A1c. I would rather fight high blood sugar than take this medication.!!"

Joseywales (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started this medication 10 days ago. I have been taking two standardized cranberry pills a day since I started Farxiga. "Knock on Wood" I don't have a yeast infection. I do have some itching on my hip area and upper back area since taking this medication. Not sure what that is about. I am thirsty often, but I have been trying to drink a lot of water. Hoping his medication works well for me. I just came off Bydureon and it helped me to lose 25 lbs. Hoping for a miracle weight loss from this medication. :)"

Farout (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Started on this tablet as the Metformin still affected my stomach and causing bouts of diarrhoea. When I changed to Forxiga Dapagliflozin (5mg) I was pleased the dose consisted of one small tablet a day, however the worst side effect was the constant thirst, even throughout the night I was getting up to drink 2 or 3 times then I started with thrush which meant I was having to take tablets for the side effects - so I gave up. Now back to Metformin slow release but 3 x 500mg a day :-("

Jlm1407 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Use flushable wipes EVERY TIME and it will be 95% Better. Using TP is burning,terrible build up! Happy Trails!"

Tennesseelady63 September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have stopped taking it as I was having to pee ALL the time (every 1-2 hours) Feeling dehydrated. Yeast infection. Hair falling out. Only been taking for a month. Don't know what it's done for my A1C, but my levels are higher than normal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have start taking forxiga 10 mg 6 months before. I have UTI and I feel that my power of muscles getting weaker and weaker. I am skinny and after taking this medicine I became even more skinny I continue to loose weight. It is horrible to me."

cvalok September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been put in this tablet in place of gliclazide to help with weight loss. It is helping but have been told my blood sugars are up but their giving me another 3 months on them to see how I go"

Enna44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Farxiga for 8 months. I ended up with numerous horrible urinary tract and yeast infections. So bad one time that it required an ER visit and missing work. At the end of the 8 months my A1c went from a 6.7 to a 7.1. It didn't work at all for me just made me miserable. ."

Lookingfortherightmed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "An experimental on the part of my doctor. Gave me samples to try Farxiga for 10days. Let me tell you the Good thing first: it lowers my sugar level. Bad things that happened to me: dizziness, dehyradrated, UTI (I was so shocked to have this) and I'm so grumpy after taking Farxiga. Just now, the main doctor called me and told me about the urine test and he said it was very high in infection and that antibiotic was ordered at the pharmacy for me to pick up. Told me to stop taking Farxiga and just continue with Metformin. So Metformin it is and my supplement to control sugar level. I have not taken antibiotics for really long years, and now with this Farxiga...the cons."

Lornee July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After 1 1/2 weeks of taking Farxiga I went into severe dehydration that included dizziness, being lightheaded, not being able to stand for more than a minute without feeling like I was going to faint, extreme shortness of breath, chest pain, pain in my lower back and sides, excessive thirst, and dry mouth. Luckily my daughter has had medical training and recognized that I had severe dehydration. I had to begin immediate fluid replenishing as well as salt replacement. Farxiga is the only thing that had been changed about my regular schedule, and upon looking at the maker's website, we found that dehydration, kidney problems, increased bad cholesterol levels, and UTI's are just some of the regular side effects that go along with taking this."

Anonymous 13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this for over a year now. Up until two weeks ago it kept my bloods pretty good and I didn't have to be terribly strict. I stopped surfing and doing muay thai (Thai boxing) two weeks ago due to an injury and not sure if it is the lack of exercise or if it has stopped working but eating things that normally would have kept me normal, are now spiking me and I have gotten up to 18 at times, which scared me (albeit they go down into range within 30 minutes or so). I must admit no other side effects other than thrush, which is annoying, but worth it as I also drop weight super easy and lost a considerable amount and it stays down. Hoping to go for a light jog tonight and so hopefully that will sort my recent spikes out"

AmandaSurfer May 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking 10 mg of Farxiga and after 2 weeks I started getting bad headaches, muscle contractions in my head and chest along with difficulty breathing. I have had an assortment of pains and discomforts in my chest. In my head I could feel my brain oscillating. I had to get a toridal shot to break the headache. I shared with the doctor and they put me through an EKG and MRI scan, both were normal. I decided to stop taking the medication on my own. I still have headaches and my ears are ringing all the time. Still have shortness of breath and discomfort in the middle of my chest. I had none of these symptoms prior to taking Farxiga. And, the doctor does not attribute any of them to Farxiga and can't figure out the cause."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Blood sugars kept going up each day."

Terry 65 yr old male (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started farxiga was already on metformin XR. At first I lost weight, blood sugars stayed the same, now increasing. Sugar levels stay high for some time. I have an increased thirst and frequent urination. Been on it for about a year. Now I have gained weight, suffered dehydration a couple times had to have an IV of fluids. A1c is climbing started out at 8.1 now 8.9. I woke up this morning with upper left quadrant pain. For the past two weeks have had smelly urine, almost acidic. Swelling of eyes and crusty eyelids. Hives on neck. Got tested for lupus was negative. Going to see the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment. Going to stop taking this med, now! I stopped and all side effects stopped. Thought I would give it a try one more time."

ironshield (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "bad side effects"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started this medication beginning of 2016, just after new year 2017 I got thrush and still have it today. Didn't realise this could cause thrush until today. Last 11/12 weeks have been terrible, felt like I was going mad with the itching, burning and frequent pain. Couldn't stand, sit or lie down without wanting to rip my skin off. As soon as another tablet is prescribed, I will come off it. Shame, it had brought my sugars down, but did not lose weight."

Viva1234 March 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My numbers have become normalized and I have had little to no side effects, other than increased thirst/urination. I lost ten pounds as well. I think has worked wonders for me and I consider myself lucky to not be experiencing any negative side effects."

A-ok (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Really pleased - this is the only drug that has brought my blood sugars right down and under control. My blood sugar was always sky high before and Metformin did nothing at all for my blood sugar levels. I have also experienced steady effortless weight loss since being on the drug for the last several months which I am incredibly happy about - I have battled with constant weight gain and obesity my whole life and exercise / dieting never seems to work for me. Although it's only been a few months, I am feeling very positive about this drug. I have had minimal side effects - only side effects were very intense extremely dry mouth and extreme unquenchable thirst for the first few weeks but this gradually went. I give this drug 10/10."

Taz UK (Male) (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started the med last week Friday and started itching from head to toe. Not too bad the itching but uncomfortable while sleeping. By morning it subsides a bit and back again when I take the medication at night. Has anyone experienced the same itch. Thinking of stopping the med."

Nnem (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed within the past year with diabetes. Started on metformin and farxiga's competitor. Had a very difficult time with bloating, constipation, abdominal pain. After 6 weeks I changed to Farxiga and the difference was amazing. My stomach felt so much better. Blood sugars in the normal range with this med along with diet. I am able to get this medication free b/c of the awesome coupon they have for private insurance. Have had a bit of trouble with yeast infections but as long as I take care of it immediately it has been ok. Not happy I have diabetes but so glad I have a medication that I can tolerate. I actually use the combination of Farxiga and metformin - Xigduo."

Jewel86 January 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Farxiga has wrecked havoc on me. I am 52 year old female. I took just 1 pill and immediately had issues with yeast, itching so bad to the point was red and raw. Then, I stopped taking it to test it in fact Farxiga was the cause. Started to take it again and immediately the same symptoms. Started to show signs of vaginal bleeding and then dark urine and blood in urine. Now, A UTI from prolonged yeast infections and back pain,cramping Had urgency to urinate and seemed like every 20 minutes running to urinate sometimes not being able to make it. I have not had a period in a year and 5 months and to see blood scared me to death. Was told that Yeast and UTI can make you bleed vaginally. I stopped taking this drug again and changing meds."

Anonymous January 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on this med for 3 months and the only side effect is the frequent urination. I'm experiencing weight loss with little to no exercise. My levels are good. I see my Dr. In January. She may reduce the dosage to 5 mgs. I'm a happy camper."

Charleygrands (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took Farxiga for 1 to 3 mos, instantly began having recurrent yeast infections. Even after stopping the medication the infections continue to come frequently."

Mae10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking this for over 2 1/2 months. No side effects to report this works well with me. The up side to this is I'm losing weight."

Beyond measure (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I am having a lot of hair loss and my doctors has said this drug doesn't cause hair loss has any one else had this problem taking this drug"

lynn bryan November 26, 2016