User Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Also known as: Farxiga

Learn more about Dapagliflozin.

Diabetes, Type 2 60 reviews 141 medications

5.4
Summary of Dapagliflozin reviews 60 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After 1 1/2 weeks of taking Farxiga I went into severe dehydration that included dizziness, being lightheaded, not being able to stand for more than a minute without feeling like I was going to faint, extreme shortness of breath, chest pain, pain in my lower back and sides, excessive thirst, and dry mouth. Luckily my daughter has had medical training and recognized that I had severe dehydration. I had to begin immediate fluid replenishing as well as salt replacement. Farxiga is the only thing that had been changed about my regular schedule, and upon looking at the maker's website, we found that dehydration, kidney problems, increased bad cholesterol levels, and UTI's are just some of the regular side effects that go along with taking this."

Anonymous 13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this for over a year now. Up until two weeks ago it kept my bloods pretty good and I didn't have to be terribly strict. I stopped surfing and doing muay thai (Thai boxing) two weeks ago due to an injury and not sure if it is the lack of exercise or if it has stopped working but eating things that normally would have kept me normal, are now spiking me and I have gotten up to 18 at times, which scared me (albeit they go down into range within 30 minutes or so). I must admit no other side effects other than thrush, which is annoying, but worth it as I also drop weight super easy and lost a considerable amount and it stays down. Hoping to go for a light jog tonight and so hopefully that will sort my recent spikes out"

AmandaSurfer May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking 10 mg of Farxiga and after 2 weeks I started getting bad headaches, muscle contractions in my head and chest along with difficulty breathing. I have had an assortment of pains and discomforts in my chest. In my head I could feel my brain oscillating. I had to get a toridal shot to break the headache. I shared with the doctor and they put me through an EKG and MRI scan, both were normal. I decided to stop taking the medication on my own. I still have headaches and my ears are ringing all the time. Still have shortness of breath and discomfort in the middle of my chest. I had none of these symptoms prior to taking Farxiga. And, the doctor does not attribute any of them to Farxiga and can't figure out the cause."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Blood sugars kept going up each day."

Terry 65 yr old male (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started farxiga was already on metformin XR. At first I lost weight, blood sugars stayed the same, now increasing. Sugar levels stay high for some time. I have an increased thirst and frequent urination. Been on it for about a year. Now I have gained weight, suffered dehydration a couple times had to have an IV of fluids. A1c is climbing started out at 8.1 now 8.9. I woke up this morning with upper left quadrant pain. For the past two weeks have had smelly urine, almost acidic. Swelling of eyes and crusty eyelids. Hives on neck. Got tested for lupus was negative. Going to see the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment. Going to stop taking this med, now! I stopped and all side effects stopped. Thought I would give it a try one more time."

ironshield (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "bad side effects"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started this medication beginning of 2016, just after new year 2017 I got thrush and still have it today. Didn't realise this could cause thrush until today. Last 11/12 weeks have been terrible, felt like I was going mad with the itching, burning and frequent pain. Couldn't stand, sit or lie down without wanting to rip my skin off. As soon as another tablet is prescribed, I will come off it. Shame, it had brought my sugars down, but did not lose weight."

Viva1234 March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My numbers have become normalized and I have had little to no side effects, other than increased thirst/urination. I lost ten pounds as well. I think has worked wonders for me and I consider myself lucky to not be experiencing any negative side effects."

A-ok (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Really pleased - this is the only drug that has brought my blood sugars right down and under control. My blood sugar was always sky high before and Metformin did nothing at all for my blood sugar levels. I have also experienced steady effortless weight loss since being on the drug for the last several months which I am incredibly happy about - I have battled with constant weight gain and obesity my whole life and exercise / dieting never seems to work for me. Although it's only been a few months, I am feeling very positive about this drug. I have had minimal side effects - only side effects were very intense extremely dry mouth and extreme unquenchable thirst for the first few weeks but this gradually went. I give this drug 10/10."

Taz UK (Male) (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started the med last week Friday and started itching from head to toe. Not too bad the itching but uncomfortable while sleeping. By morning it subsides a bit and back again when I take the medication at night. Has anyone experienced the same itch. Thinking of stopping the med."

Nnem (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed within the past year with diabetes. Started on metformin and farxiga's competitor. Had a very difficult time with bloating, constipation, abdominal pain. After 6 weeks I changed to Farxiga and the difference was amazing. My stomach felt so much better. Blood sugars in the normal range with this med along with diet. I am able to get this medication free b/c of the awesome coupon they have for private insurance. Have had a bit of trouble with yeast infections but as long as I take care of it immediately it has been ok. Not happy I have diabetes but so glad I have a medication that I can tolerate. I actually use the combination of Farxiga and metformin - Xigduo."

Jewel86 January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Farxiga has wrecked havoc on me. I am 52 year old female. I took just 1 pill and immediately had issues with yeast, itching so bad to the point was red and raw. Then, I stopped taking it to test it in fact Farxiga was the cause. Started to take it again and immediately the same symptoms. Started to show signs of vaginal bleeding and then dark urine and blood in urine. Now, A UTI from prolonged yeast infections and back pain,cramping Had urgency to urinate and seemed like every 20 minutes running to urinate sometimes not being able to make it. I have not had a period in a year and 5 months and to see blood scared me to death. Was told that Yeast and UTI can make you bleed vaginally. I stopped taking this drug again and changing meds."

Anonymous January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on this med for 3 months and the only side effect is the frequent urination. I'm experiencing weight loss with little to no exercise. My levels are good. I see my Dr. In January. She may reduce the dosage to 5 mgs. I'm a happy camper."

Charleygrands (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took Farxiga for 1 to 3 mos, instantly began having recurrent yeast infections. Even after stopping the medication the infections continue to come frequently."

Mae10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking this for over 2 1/2 months. No side effects to report this works well with me. The up side to this is I'm losing weight."

Beyond measure (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I am having a lot of hair loss and my doctors has said this drug doesn't cause hair loss has any one else had this problem taking this drug"

lynn bryan November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Forxiga has help with diabeties , weight loss. Only downfall is that I am suffering with thrush nearly all the time now."

Macca10 November 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am on Janumet and started Farxiga about 3 months ago. Since then I have been constantly nauseated, losing approx 10lb from not wanting to eat. My cholesterol has gone up and and my triglycerides were over 600 (normal is under 150). I am going to see my doctor tomorrow so he can advise me. My hgbA1C was 7.2 and went down to 6.4. Not unusual for someone not eating much though. Not sure if the nausea is from this med or something else, but seems like the symptoms started shortly after I started taking Farxiga."

katwalke (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Farxiga since October 2014. Has worked for me. When I eat right my numbers are in the fives and when I don't eat right they are in the sixes. Only noticeable side effect is dizziness when raising up after bending down if I'm not purposely coming up slowly."

Nicknmar (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "(on for 4 months) Worked well so I did not take as much insulin - had one yeast infection that stopped after fluconazole-I did NOT lose weight despite eating better with this. Major side effect of hair loss so I am stopping - my numbers were fine before this and the hair loss (and crappy texture) is so not worth it...doctor never mentioned hair loss as a side effect."

Darktragedy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Hair loss and thinning good readings with this drug but not come off it due to hair loss. I did urinate a lot and it did smell very sweet."

Kate Bush August 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking Forxiga 10mg for 7 weeks, first week i was very tired but drunk more water to 5 litres a day, also had few very bad headaches taken care by paracetamol. Then Forxiga gave perfect blood sugar 5.6 quite constant, taken with 2 x 40mg Gliclazide. I never felt so good in my life. To prevent thrush (Male) i was penis after every pee with plain water in a mug. The first box Forxiga were made in UK by Astra/zeneca in a white box & little display info on it, they were brilliant, then i went to collect 2 boxes from chemist and was given Forxiga dapagliflozinum 10mg Astra/Zeneca made in Malta ! and the effect totally different, i started feeling sick & after 3 weeks razor sore throat so stopped taking."

Mikeyoungish (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "This medication was awful. My numbers were never very good with this medication but I gave it a chance to work. It landed me in the hospital. I couldn't urinate cause my kidneys were failing. I do not recommend this medication at all!!!"

Zooey2016 August 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Began taking Forxiga 10 mg/day in October 2015. With determination of drinking 8 glasses of water a day, exercising 3 times a week (one hour) and eating more protein and salads at dinner I have lost 40lbs. This medication is great but never fool yourself that medication on its own can make you loose weight."

JacSss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My #'s are higher on Farxiga than I've ever had ask doctor to add Metformi 500mg×2 a day, it brings my range back to what I was used to on JanumetXR.I hurt in my left arm, vaginal infection,since being on Farxiga 8 wks., I want a Specialist after my next Doc., appt."

Tunafish/red (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016