User Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Also known as: Farxiga

Learn more about Dapagliflozin.

Diabetes, Type 2 53 reviews 139 medications

5.7
Summary of Dapagliflozin reviews 53 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Dapagliflozin

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My numbers have become normalized and I have had little to no side effects, other than increased thirst/urination. I lost ten pounds as well. I think has worked wonders for me and I consider myself lucky to not be experiencing any negative side effects."

A-ok (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Really pleased - this is the only drug that has brought my blood sugars right down and under control. My blood sugar was always sky high before and Metformin did nothing at all for my blood sugar levels. I have also experienced steady effortless weight loss since being on the drug for the last several months which I am incredibly happy about - I have battled with constant weight gain and obesity my whole life and exercise / dieting never seems to work for me. Although it's only been a few months, I am feeling very positive about this drug. I have had minimal side effects - only side effects were very intense extremely dry mouth and extreme unquenchable thirst for the first few weeks but this gradually went. I give this drug 10/10."

Taz UK (Male) (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started the med last week Friday and started itching from head to toe. Not too bad the itching but uncomfortable while sleeping. By morning it subsides a bit and back again when I take the medication at night. Has anyone experienced the same itch. Thinking of stopping the med."

Nnem (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed within the past year with diabetes. Started on metformin and farxiga's competitor. Had a very difficult time with bloating, constipation, abdominal pain. After 6 weeks I changed to Farxiga and the difference was amazing. My stomach felt so much better. Blood sugars in the normal range with this med along with diet. I am able to get this medication free b/c of the awesome coupon they have for private insurance. Have had a bit of trouble with yeast infections but as long as I take care of it immediately it has been ok. Not happy I have diabetes but so glad I have a medication that I can tolerate. I actually use the combination of Farxiga and metformin - Xigduo."

Jewel86 January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Farxiga has wrecked havoc on me. I am 52 year old female. I took just 1 pill and immediately had issues with yeast, itching so bad to the point was red and raw. Then, I stopped taking it to test it in fact Farxiga was the cause. Started to take it again and immediately the same symptoms. Started to show signs of vaginal bleeding and then dark urine and blood in urine. Now, A UTI from prolonged yeast infections and back pain,cramping Had urgency to urinate and seemed like every 20 minutes running to urinate sometimes not being able to make it. I have not had a period in a year and 5 months and to see blood scared me to death. Was told that Yeast and UTI can make you bleed vaginally. I stopped taking this drug again and changing meds."

Anonymous January 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on this med for 3 months and the only side effect is the frequent urination. I'm experiencing weight loss with little to no exercise. My levels are good. I see my Dr. In January. She may reduce the dosage to 5 mgs. I'm a happy camper."

Charleygrands (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took Farxiga for 1 to 3 mos, instantly began having recurrent yeast infections. Even after stopping the medication the infections continue to come frequently."

Mae10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking this for over 2 1/2 months. No side effects to report this works well with me. The up side to this is I'm losing weight."

Beyond measure (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I am having a lot of hair loss and my doctors has said this drug doesn't cause hair loss has any one else had this problem taking this drug"

lynn bryan November 26, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Forxiga has help with diabeties , weight loss. Only downfall is that I am suffering with thrush nearly all the time now."

Macca10 November 24, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am on Janumet and started Farxiga about 3 months ago. Since then I have been constantly nauseated, losing approx 10lb from not wanting to eat. My cholesterol has gone up and and my triglycerides were over 600 (normal is under 150). I am going to see my doctor tomorrow so he can advise me. My hgbA1C was 7.2 and went down to 6.4. Not unusual for someone not eating much though. Not sure if the nausea is from this med or something else, but seems like the symptoms started shortly after I started taking Farxiga."

katwalke (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Farxiga since October 2014. Has worked for me. When I eat right my numbers are in the fives and when I don't eat right they are in the sixes. Only noticeable side effect is dizziness when raising up after bending down if I'm not purposely coming up slowly."

Nicknmar (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "(on for 4 months) Worked well so I did not take as much insulin - had one yeast infection that stopped after fluconazole-I did NOT lose weight despite eating better with this. Major side effect of hair loss so I am stopping - my numbers were fine before this and the hair loss (and crappy texture) is so not worth it...doctor never mentioned hair loss as a side effect."

Darktragedy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Hair loss and thinning good readings with this drug but not come off it due to hair loss. I did urinate a lot and it did smell very sweet."

Kate Bush August 29, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking Forxiga 10mg for 7 weeks, first week i was very tired but drunk more water to 5 litres a day, also had few very bad headaches taken care by paracetamol. Then Forxiga gave perfect blood sugar 5.6 quite constant, taken with 2 x 40mg Gliclazide. I never felt so good in my life. To prevent thrush (Male) i was penis after every pee with plain water in a mug. The first box Forxiga were made in UK by Astra/zeneca in a white box & little display info on it, they were brilliant, then i went to collect 2 boxes from chemist and was given Forxiga dapagliflozinum 10mg Astra/Zeneca made in Malta ! and the effect totally different, i started feeling sick & after 3 weeks razor sore throat so stopped taking."

Mikeyoungish (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diabetes, Type 2: "This medication was awful. My numbers were never very good with this medication but I gave it a chance to work. It landed me in the hospital. I couldn't urinate cause my kidneys were failing. I do not recommend this medication at all!!!"

Zooey2016 August 13, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Began taking Forxiga 10 mg/day in October 2015. With determination of drinking 8 glasses of water a day, exercising 3 times a week (one hour) and eating more protein and salads at dinner I have lost 40lbs. This medication is great but never fool yourself that medication on its own can make you loose weight."

JacSss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My #'s are higher on Farxiga than I've ever had ask doctor to add Metformi 500mg×2 a day, it brings my range back to what I was used to on JanumetXR.I hurt in my left arm, vaginal infection,since being on Farxiga 8 wks., I want a Specialist after my next Doc., appt."

Tunafish/red (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took 10 mg. of Farxiga daily for about 8 months. The good news was that I did not suffer any negative side effects, other than a slight increase in frequency of urination. The bad news is that after 8 months use, Farxiga did NOT lower my blood glucose - my A1C levels went up, in fact, during that time period. And Farxiga did not help reduce my weight. My endocrinologist suggested I stop taking this med, and I did."

Good News/Bad News (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 6, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Didn't bring hb1c level to required level but lost 4 stones in weight felt really well"

Anneee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The sugar levels improved when I started taking Forxiga 10 mg (AstraZeneca), though the frequency of urination increased, with increased discomfort. Problem was that ketones started showing up in the urine. From none (before starting this medication) to ++ to +++ in about 4 weeks time! Had to give it up."

Mohammed Rafat April 24, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was perfectly happy on Invokana, then my insurance stopped covering it and my Dr put me on Farxiga to try. oh my gosh, thought I would die, it did not work on me at all. It gave me a yeast infection the first day, sugar stayed high for hours after meals, could barely pee, it made my heart race, and i felt horrible, horrible, horrible. So now I have to try Jardiance, I cant imagine it being worse than Farxiga, I sure hope I am able to pee with this medication."

Catwalker (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Having to urinate quite frequently, versus when taking Invokana, and when it's time - it's really time! Also have gained weight..."

Mikey Man April 6, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Farxiga is effective. It has helped my numbers and lost approx. 10 lbs over a year. The only problem is the excessive thirst and frequent urination. I work and travel a lot so this really impacts my quality of life. I would recommend this medication for someone who stays home most of the time not for someone on the go. I will ask my dr to change my med at my next appt."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Farxiga (dapagliflozin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on this drug about a year and a half now and almost instantly begin suffering near constant yeast infections. But on the positive side my blood sugars and a1c are spot on and ive lost 3 stone in that small lenght of time and i have more energy and sleep better although bed wetting has sometimes been a problem."

Lilprpmami March 25, 2016