Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 2, 2021.
The recommended dose of JARDIANCE is 10 mg once daily in the morning, taken with or without food. In patients tolerating JARDIANCE, the dose may be increased to 25 mg [see Clinical Studies (14)].
In patients with volume depletion, correcting this condition prior to initiation of JARDIANCE is recommended [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1), Use in Specific Populations (8.5) and Patient Counseling Information (17)].
Patients with Renal Impairment
Assessment of renal function is recommended prior to initiation of JARDIANCE and periodically thereafter.
JARDIANCE should not be initiated in patients with an eGFR less than 45 mL/min/1.73 m2.
No dose adjustment is needed in patients with an eGFR greater than or equal to 45 mL/min/1.73 m2.
Frequently asked questions
- How to avoid yeast infections on Jardiance?
- Does Jardiance cause weight loss?
- What does it do to your perineum?
- When is the best time of day to take it?
- How long does it take for Jardiance to work?
- What is Jardiance used for and how does it work?
More about Jardiance (empagliflozin)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (280)
- Patient tips
- Drug images
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: SGLT-2 inhibitors
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.