User Reviews for Metoprolol to treat Left Ventricular Dysfunction

Also known as: Metoprolol Succinate ER, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lopressor, Toprol-XL, Kapspargo Sprinkle

BL · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2019

Lopressor (metoprolol): “Was put on Lopressor by my cardiologist after a session in the ER with excessive PVCs. The side effect (constant diarrhea) makes this drug unviable for me.”

Samaya · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2018

“Only took METOPROLOL by Zydus (Indian manufacturer) for 4 days and was so nauseated all day. I could barely eat, and started dry heaving . It was prescribed because I've been having shortness of breath and heart palpitations lately. Spent 2 days in a local hospital and tests determined I have a cardiac arrythmia issue in my left upper heart chamber. This med did absolutely nothing to curtail my symptoms, and the nausea all day had me miserable. I am stopping the med. I am also concerned about quality control of pharmaceuticals. Just not worth the risks and side effects.”

Christ, Jesus saved me April 24, 2017

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “Very nice, helped heart, now do sports easy, no more hard breathing”

szuletik · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 19, 2016

Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol): “Just wanted to share my experience getting OFF metoprololER 25 mg, and switching to Diltiazem ER, 120 mg. After a pulmonary embolism (no symptoms except PVCs), I suffered PVC w/anxiety and panic attacks, even while treating blood clots with Coumadin. I was put on 25 mg metoprolol ER to help the anxiety and PVCs- it helped immediately. I stayed on several years. I continued the dosage, and tried to stay/get in shape. I steadily gained weight, assumed it was age. Exercising felt impossible. After a year or so, I was also having afternoon hypotension upon standing quickly. I developed symptoms of asthma and chest tightness + fatigue. I was switched to Diltiazem. After 8 days of body adjustment (w/small amt Ativan 2 days), I again feel human.”

Learn more about Left Ventricular Dysfunction