User Reviews for Losartan (Page 4)

Also known as: Cozaar

Diabetic Kidney Disease 9.0
High Blood Pressure 4.6
Summary of Losartan reviews 4.6 438 reviews

Reviews for Losartan

Rosie July 30, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Losartan potassium for a few months although it lowered by BP the side effects are horrible! I thought it was something else then I read the side effects. I am up every night can’t sleep also the worst is the leg & calf & thigh muscle cramping I am up every 2 hours with that & I cry it takes at least 10 min to stop. Then I fall asleep & the cramping again wakes me over & over all night!! Anyone else get muscle cramping/ pain?”

Fussyeater · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Losartan is the 3rd high blood pressure tablet I've been prescribed. (Ramapril made me feel so bad I thought I was dying within one week, Amlodipine made my ankles swell like balloons). Was really happy with Losartan 25mg for 4 weeks with no side effects. I'm on week 5 and I've suddenly got a blocked nose and ears. And anxiety started yesterday morning has been coming in rolling waves of panic attacks now over 24-48 hours making me feel like I would rather die than experience that. (Have had a few attacks over 15 years, and mild depression but nothing like this). Started wondering if it was a side effect of the Losartan. Found a number of people on here have had very similar experiences, so presumably these are side effects, but I won't know until I stop taking it. Now can't tell if my blood pressure is high because I'm panicking or they aren't working! Back to Dr tomorrow. Beginning to wonder if I'll ever find a drug that works for me.”

Dom DePlume · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Prescribed Losartan, partly because I'm dealing with a gout flare, and it supposedly helps with that as well. It's like my doctor didn't even take my disability (which is a 36 year old C4-5 spinal injury causing partial paralysis, and makes up about 80% of my med records) into account: chronic bad back, chronic edema, spasticity/muscle cramping, tinnitus, life-long history of migraines, chronic sinus infections, insomnia, bowel & bladder incontinence, chronic fatigue. I wish I'd have researched this med before taking it, because its side effects are EXACTLY contrary to nearly ALL of the things that I suffer as a result of my disability. Spent the entire night awake, ears ringing like mad, fever dreaming, head banging on one side, hands going numb, terribly anxious, and feeling like at any minute I was going to explode. I'm going to see if my doctor will put me on something like bisoprolol, which a relative of mine takes and has had very good luck with...”

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I'm 49 years old and on this for moderately high blood pressure. I have only been on this medication for two weeks. From the beginning I've had extreme fatigue to the point of just wanting to lay in bed all day (thankfully I am self-employed) and thought it would pass but it hasn't. Now two weeks in I have developed pretty bad stomach pain, BAD constipation and leg cramps. I was really alarmed-especially over the stomach pain- and then realized that my symptoms could be caused from the losartan and see others have experienced the same. I have a follow-up with my GP next week to check how I've been doing on the medication and so will discuss this with him. If it's something that will pass I'll stick it out but reading some of these posts I'm concerned that the symptoms could be something that lasts.”

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was only on this Losartan for 4 days and I was fine the first two days and now my eyes are swollen shut, been throwing up, have earaches, can't stop coughing up mass amounts of phlegm, I look like my face and eyes are sideways. My son's said no more mom”

Jen · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 13, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was put on Losartan for my high blood pressure after the Beta blocker Metoprolol didn't seem to do the trick. Over the course of the year I was taking Losartan, it was gradually increased because it wasn't effective at the higher dose for very long. During this time, I began experiencing tight throat and tongue, extreme anxiety. Once I was again moved higher, to the max dosage of 100 milligrams, the swelling in my tongue and throat became so bad I was taken to the ER three times. My doctor at the time never suggested withdrawing from Losartan. I finally went to a second doctor who took me off the Losartan cold turkey and put me on chlorthalidone instead. Five days since the immediate stop of Losartan, and the feeling of swelling in the throat and tongue as well as feeling like all of my muscles are constricted have been 10 fold. I'm tired of going to ER. This medicine poisons you.”

Keith July 10, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Started taking this about 3 months ago for borderline high/ high BP. 150/95. Got me down to 130/88. But now I feel like a truck hit me everyday. Fatigue. Achy. Flu like. All day. It just literally hit me it could be this medicine. I googled my symptoms and bam. I’m getting off this.”

Rob · Taken for 10 years or more July 10, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on this drug for many years. Never from this company but I hope it will perform as well as it has in the past. No side effects. Blood pressure is perfect.”

Ruth · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Rapid weight gain of 20 lbs within 2 months. (I was on 1100 calorie diet and walking 1 mile per day) Legs, hips and overall body pain so bad some days I couldn't walk. I really felt it was slowing killing me, I couldn't even function, wanted to just give up. So thought I'd take the chance and stop taking it. (Doctor claimed Losartan would not cause my problems) I took the chance and stopped Losartan and ALL pain and overall symptoms were gone within 2 days. Doctors need to read reviews from Patients and stop relying on company facts.”

Ticky · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I switched from and ACE to an ARB due to a mild cough. The cough got worse, then came the tiredness, anxiety, loose bowels and heart palpitations. After 12 days on this med I am discontinuing. I have had OHS and AVR surgery and honestly was feeling great till i started this med. Time to find something else that doesn't ruin my overall well-being.”

Rae · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Head hurt, ears pulsating, felt weird. I have yet to find a bp med that doesn't affect my well being.”

Nannie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 24, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Losartan for 4.5 years. it has done a decent job of lowering my (genetic) moderately high BP, but I have had a daily headache, acid reflux (controlled with a daily Prilosec), and rapid weight gain. I cannot tolerate Beta-Blockers (terrible headaches & vivid nightmares), and my doc felt I needed an extra med to accompany my hydrochloride). Ergo, Losartan. My bra size went from a “B” cup to a “DDD” practically overnight (not a good thing), my face is swollen, and I cannot get my weight under control in spite of running/fast walking 3.5 miles 4-5 times a week. I eat very little (never been a foodie), and drink only socially, no dairy, mostly fruits and veggies. I have recently noticed pain in my hips, which I attributed to aging (I am a very healthy 67 yr old). I see my primary care physician in two weeks and hope to have a conversation re: getting off this drug.”

bp June 19, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I've been taking this medication for about a month after the doctor decided to switched to this. It helps with blood pressure for about half a day and by bedtime blood pressure is sky high again. Legs, feet, and hands go numb and cramp. Severe back pain along with headaches and just a general feeling of being unwell. My whole body hurts 24/7 with all the recalls lately is alarming. I can't wait to see the doctor and get off this medicine!”

sallyanny June 19, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “81, high blood pressure discovered during routine visit for something else, - not that high, pulse ok, diastolic ok. Nevertheless Doc started me on amlodipine - terrible side effects- mostly tummy, swollen ankles, oedema, could not get shoes on etc. so we tried perindoporil - same problems. Took self off, after 10 days feet normal, could get shoes on , toes normal , crocodile skin on shins as oedema went down receded, tummy functioning fine. However, bp not great, so agreed to try losartan 50 mg- after 2 days we are back to violent stomach cramps, swollen feet etc etc, also new problem very dizzy - this is supposed to pass as you get used to it Very tempted to cut them in half to 25mg - or stop altogether If this is the price of living for ever I am not interested.”

the truth · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was given losartan by ER doctor for high BP. I was so sick at the time I didn't know why, I only took it for 3 or 4 days then quit. Skip forward 10 months. I've gain weight back that I had lost. In my work and life I am constantly worrying along with return BP being higher again. I start 25mg of losartan again, feel like rubbish after feeling much better those past 10 months.”

Suzy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Switched from a beta blocker 10 plus years ago to Losartan 50 mg once a day and 25 mg HCT once a day- bp is good, palpitations infrequent and other than occasional insomnia which may not even be related I think it’s an effective drug with minimal side effects. However I did suffer from pulsative tinnitus for a few years on and off but that has resolved itself... so not sure if it was related it I read someone else had that after taking this drug so perhaps it was linked?”

AKcj · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I stopped after 8 days of a low dose losartan. Side effects started with hamstring cramps and spread to my whole body. I could hardly move at the end of day 8. Now16 months later I am still recovering from the terrible side effects this drug caused for me. My Dr was very skeptical that the losartan was the cause. I was lost in the medical care system and ended up having a 2 level fusion in my neck to try to relieve the pain in my arms. Didn’t work. Every day is a challenge and am still searching for a Dr that can help and believe in my symptoms. Now I take a beta blocker without any side effects.”

Lync June 1, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I’ve been on Losartin 100 mg over a year. I have gained weight and look bloated. I thought I was drinking too much beer and stopped all alcohol. Nothing changed. The biggest side effect was the inflammation of my left parotid gland with pain. My throat also swelled. My doctor sent me to a ENT doctor and I had an MRI. That was clear. No one knew what caused it until I finally found this a side effect of Losartin by googling. Not every article showed this as a side effect. I am currently switching, but seem to have problems with a dry cough when I take other BP meds. My issue is that it so hard to lose weight so you can go off any BP medication. Endless cycle.”

Chumly · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “losartan is a very bad med. I went back to Lisinopril. Doing great now.”

Magpie May 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Losartan 50mgs 3 years ago. Pain in left eye felt too big for socket; pins needles numbness left arm; insomnia; leg cramps, calf fasiculations. Pulsatile tinnitus. Opthalmologist said I have naevi in eye, prob birthmark but 3 yrs prior & 6 years prior to that no naevi. Heart felt like it might just stop? I had anxiety agreed with GP to come off meds in May 2018 (supervised). Bloods normal, low carb diet, lost 3 stone and BP and blood sugar normal range. The tinnitus and calf fasc remain. Jump forward to 26th Mar 19 and my BP climbing so GP started Losartan 50mgs but took 25mgs with in 4 weeks tinnitus +++ Calf fasiculations +++. April rushed to ER with a pulse of 213 for 45 mins. ECG confirmed SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) MRI-no structural issues with my heart. No prior cardiac issues. Cardiologist -next step is catheter ablation but what about Losartan being the cause? If calf fasiculations are misfiring electrical signals in muscles why not heart muscle too? So we stop it wait and see!”

mouse · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I started on Losartan potassium 25mg 3 months ago for high BP and now I have developed bad lower back pain (I have never had back problems) and had a flair up of diverticulitis, after having no flair up for 10 years. Also now there is yet another recall on this drug. It is not made in the USA does anyone know if the brand name Cozaar which is made in France and is it safer?”

Thomahawk · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Losartan 100mg for about 4 months now. At first, it seemed fine with no apparent problems. Blood pressure was still pretty high until medication was added making it my 4th. I have been getting progressively worse with tiredness, joint and body pain. Referred to physical therapy with no improvement. Just hurts to move. I have experienced this before and quickly improved after medication changes. Thinking it may be the Losartan because I was on it before but don't remember why I was taken off.”

Cher · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “On Losartan/hzt BP is good now ”

Joy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “The losartan caused side effects of anxiety and depression. I am only taking 12.5 mg at bedtime. It is not helping my blood pressure either . Probably need to increase dose but I just want off it. All these blood pressure meds have so many side effects. :(”

Milo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 6, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Losartan is a terrible blood pressure medicine. I was on losartan 50 for about 9 months. Felt tired all the time and had increased insomnia. Then blood pressure got up in the Drs office one day to 180/100 my Dr increased dose to losartan 100mg. Felt awful on it for 5 Days. Flu like symptoms and red eyes and bad bad leg pains. Went back down to 50mg, but am going to talk to my Dr about getting off period. I was in Lisinopril which made me cough so bad I ended up seeing a pulmonologist”