User Reviews for Aldactone

4.5

Summary of Aldactone reviews 7.1 21 reviews

Reviews for Aldactone

aremkay · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2019

For Edema "I took chlorthalidone and amlodipine for several years for high blood pressure (HBP). The latter caused unsightly leg edema. Nine days ago the chlorthalidone was replaced by spironolactone, and potassium supplements were stopped. My BP remains OK, and since the change, the edema has decreased noticeably."

Chekei · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 16, 2019

For Alopecia "I started taking spiractin 50mg 10 months ago for alopecia and saw instant results. In 2 weeks my hair stopped shedding and I grew back all the hair I had lost in past 2 years. However it just stopped working 4 months ago and now I’m shedding over 200 hairs a day. My dermatologist doubled the dose to 100mg 2 months ago but unfortunately it’s made zero impact :("

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2018

For Acne "This medication was prescribed to treat my hormonal acne. The side effects that I experienced outweighed any positives. I did observe my acne to subside, but my skin became so dry and parched doing so. My face looked sunken in, and aged. I'm only 27, and I do not smoke and only occasionally consume alcoholic beverages. My libido was nearly nonexistent. I was very dry in my genitals, and could not self lubricate for sex. My hair was also incredibly dry, and brittle, and I noticed hair thinning at my scalp. My hair was coming out noticeably more as well. I was having difficulty sleeping. I gained nearly 10 pounds since starting... I eat fairly healthy and balanced. I was only on Spiro for roughly 4 months. I've been off of it for only a few days, but I swear I already feel and look so much better. Ill take some pimples and oily (but healthy) facial skin."

Majuma May 22, 2018

For Hirsutism "Aldactone works great for hirsutism if it is because of adrenal androgen excess ."

Chris · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2018

For High Blood Pressure "I’ve had high blood pressure since my early forties. When I turned 50, my blood pressure became harder to control. I was on the max dosage of lisinopril, and I tried various others but the best my blood pressure would get is 140/88. I went to a cardiologist and he prescribed aldactone, along with 40mg of lisinopril. My bp has been perfect a 120/70 from then on. It’s been three years since I started it."

Spe · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

For Hirsutism "I was diagnosed with 2 years ago with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)and was prescribed aldactone 50mg and metformin 500mg two times a day. Was never regular in taking the medicine. Skipped it for months in a row. Problem started 5-6 months back when my body hair, side burns, upper lip and chin hair started increasing. Last month I plucked out almost 80 really thick hair out of my chin and I had a stupid five o clock shadow on my upper lip after shaving. I was desperate and started taking the meds properly. Trust me people it's not even a month and the thickness of unwanted hair became half and grows really slow. All you have to do is have faith and never miss a tablet. It really can do wonders in your life."

ajaxs December 13, 2016

For Heart Failure "no more swollen feet and ankles"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 6, 2014

For Acne "I have been taking Aldactone for adult hormonal acne for almost 2 years and I cannot even put into words the HUGE difference it has made. In my early 20's, I began getting horrible cystic acne all over my chin and entire jaw line area. I had used every product available including Proactive, expensive designer dept store lines, Retin-A, birth controls etc...NOTHING helped! I'd have 5-15 painful nodules at once, each lasting 2-3 weeks and most scaring. My self-esteem was ruined, I was ashamed. Finally, at age 28, I went to a dermatologist and started on Aldactone 100mg/day. I saw noticeable improvement within a week and was totally clear in one month! Increased to 150mg/day after 3 months and have had flawless skin since. Truly a LIFESAVER medicine."

cp_len February 2, 2014

For Edema "No side effects and a lot easier to my metabolism than Lasix"

Mrs. Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2013

For Acne "I began this Aldactone 50mg. 2 weeks ago. 8 days later I had a Cyst rupture on my Ovary. (I had a partial Hysterectomy 6mths ago). Not certain if the medicines were a part that will have to wait to be seen. I immediately felt the oil dry and the cyst go away. One of the best is I feel like the redness is gone as well. I love that since 7th grade till my 38th year, years of Accutane a million times, odd antibiotics, birth control, topicals and I FINALLY FEEL FREE of my ugly red skin."

Roccky · Taken for 10 years or more September 19, 2012

"Good medicine, effect is better."

NeesaKj · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 11, 2012

For Acne "Great! Works wonders for oily skin and hormonal acne. A bonus is that it helped make me 10lbs lighter. "

Anonymous March 24, 2012

For Heart Failure "Didn't work for me. Muscle aches, itch and most importantly it dropped my blood pressure too low along with the other medication I am taking..pressure was 87/54 ...normally I am 130/70. I was exhausted, tired, weak and constantly falling asleep. This medication was not for me. Called doctor he told me to stop taking it, and this was at 1/2 pill dosage."

Anonymous February 21, 2012

For Acne "I've been taking this medicine for about six months for acne, and it has done wonders for me. I saw full results after about 4 months. Other than frequently having to go to the bathroom (it's a diuretic), I've experienced no side effects. My skin is flawless, and all the insecurities I had about my skin--being anxious around the time of my period in anticipation of a breakout, not wanting to leave the house without makeup--are GONE. I've been on Accutane four or five times, and while my skin always did really well for the few months I was on it, sometime afterward I'd begin to get regular breakouts. Aldactone gives me predictably clear skin, I can take it indefinitely, AND it's cheap. If you have hormonal acne, please give this a shot!"

Anonymous December 1, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "I took this medication for four years, all the while becoming less and less interested in sex and unable to achieve an erection. Having gone through 4 cardiologists not a one of them ever informed me that Aldactone is an anti-androgen which blocks muscle and bodily binding of testosterone necessary for it to take effect and also lowers production of testosterone itself. I had to happen upon it on my own. The day I found out is the day I stopped taking it. Giving a male a medicine which renders his testosterone ineffectual may be good for those undergoing a sex change but not for those who are not. There is another potassium sparing drug like Aldactone without the sexual side effects but it is more expensive. "

Anonymous June 11, 2011

For Edema "It has less side effects than other medications."

Anonymous April 7, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "This medicine did lower my blood pressure but after being on it for about 2 months, I began to have trouble urinating. At first I thought I was getting a bladder infection but the symptoms would come and go. Mainly occurring right after I took the pill. I decided to stop taking it for a while to see if the symptoms went away and they did. I also had swelling of my hands and I gained 5 pounds. "

Anonymous January 14, 2011

For Alopecia "It has help me to grow hair back on my head and assist in breast growth"

Anonymous March 12, 2010

For Acne "I am almost 46 and for 30 years have tried everything for chronic hormonal acne (antibiotics, Accutane, all the skin care lines, Retin A). This medication has been a miracle for me. I still get little blackheads / small pimples around my menses, but are barely noticeable. I continue on with my Retin A treatment which helps that. I haven't noticed any side effects. I do watch my potassium intake (no bananas)."

Anonymous October 1, 2009

For Acne "Being almost 30 and having cystic acne I began taking this as a last result. I tried all skin care lines....found myself using Clarins and my skin improved but still I was oily and breaking out on my neck and cheeks. After a couple of weeks I noticed I wasn't waking up with what seemed like a thick layer of oil on my face. I began to break out less and less. My Dermatologist upped my dose and now my painful cystic acne is gone and my skin feels great. Although I find myself very parched at times and you must watch your salt and alcohol intake. I like this medication."

lunatik96 September 2, 2009

For Primary Hyperaldosteronism "The effect on blood pressure normalization is almost magic. However, after many years of use, the drop in testosterone has been significant. The drop in libido and desire caused a relationship to fail and the low testosterone aggravated a weight gain problem. By utilizing topical testosterone supplements, libido is much improved and weight loss is possible again."

Anonymous October 19, 2008

For High Blood Pressure "This medicine treated high-blood pressure, water retention, acne, female/male pattern hair-loss, excessive, unwanted facial hair and is a potassium sparing medicine. It is ideal for sufferers of insulin resistance or pcos. Although it hasn't completely stopped the unwanted hair growth it has been the only thing that has made a significant difference by slowing it down drastically. It has also slowed the hair-loss down significantly in which I am very pleased with."