User Reviews for Furosemide

Also known as: Diaqua-2, Lasix, Lo-Aqua

Learn more about Furosemide.

Furosemide Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 348 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Furosemide to treat High Blood Pressure

Lasix (furosemide): "Every medication you take going to have some kind of side effects. Whether it's prescribed or OTC. This has always help me."

San321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2016

Lasix (furosemide): "Had a Renal Nuclear Scan with Lasix Injection for die contrast to appear on the scan to identify the source of blockage in a kidney. Prior to the scan, 5 weeks of recovering from an Upper Respiratory Infection including Bronchitis, all of my URTI symptoms returned with a severe cough and esophagus (throat) constriction DURING the 45 minute scan after the Lasix was injected. Fortunately, I was in a hospital where they treated me immediately for the allergic reaction. READ all of the interactions and side effects. After 12 hours, I feel much better."

DangerousDrug (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2016

"I have been on Furosemide for about 6 weeks now. I was told I would be racing to the bathroom all the time - not! Probably because I am also on a medicine for "leaking" - Oxybutynin 5 mg one twice daily. I do not get up at night time, do not go much during the day - about every 4 hours; have gained 12 pounds in a month and my diabetes is no longer under control."

ritabetty (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2015

Lasix (furosemide): "lowered both sys and dia by 15 with no side effects"

Kenny S 63 July 16, 2015

Lasix (furosemide): "I used this med along with Cardizem-Lasix was supposed to also help control serious swelling in my feet from the Cardizem, in addition to aiding in controlling my blood pressure. The only issue I had with it is that it made my eyes burn very badly by making them very dry. I have dry eyes anyway, so that didn't help. It also didn't control the swelling in my feet, but did help with blood pressure."

Made my eyes burn after a week (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

Lasix (furosemide): "At 20 mg once a day, after three days Lasix dropped my blood pressure 20 points, both systolic and diastolic, with NO side effects. Lasix is on the WHO list."

David Thompson (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2014

"I am surprised to see that no one had listed furosemide for treating high blood pressure. I also take Atenolol. However, when I increased my furos from 20 to 40 I was very pleasantly surprised to see my BP go down from 140 to 115. I did this on my own and my Dr. was surprised that I had such good effects on my health and continued this dose. I take 20 twice a day. I has also had a good effect on my urinary incontinence which also is much better now."

Lemanski November 9, 2013