User Reviews for Furosemide to treat High Blood Pressure

Also known as: Lasix, Diaqua-2

Furosemide has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 31% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 54% reported a negative effect.

Furosemide Rating Summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 284 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Furosemide

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

Lasix (furosemide): “I was taking lasix twice day one morning one at night.I had bad side effects on it. Ask my Dr to take me off it she wouldn't said I needed for heart failure I told her I didn't care about my heart the lasix was conflicting for some other meds I was taking plus I wanted off it causing me a lot of side effects what did she do she terminated me told me I could find another Dr. So I don't have Dr. Now .”

Larry · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2021

Lasix (furosemide): “I have PMR but I have recently started on Lasix for high blood pressure. Terrible pain in shoulders and thighs which is mimicking PMR symptoms for which I take prednisone. Also very dizzy and can't walk without holding on to something. Tired all the time.”

Made my eyes burn after a week · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2015

Lasix (furosemide): “I used this med along with Cardizem-Lasix was supposed to also help control serious swelling in my feet from the Cardizem, in addition to aiding in controlling my blood pressure. The only issue I had with it is that it made my eyes burn very badly by making them very dry. I have dry eyes anyway, so that didn't help. It also didn't control the swelling in my feet, but did help with blood pressure.”

Katluv · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 24, 2020

Lasix (furosemide): “This medication was ineffective for me - years ago, I had a mini-stroke, also known as a TIA. At first, this helped a little bit, but when you have 158/90 BP, you need more than 5% reduction in it. This medication made me severely dehydrated and caused significant electrolyte loss. I quit it and tried Chlorthalidone, but that again failed - if you only have mild elevated BP, this could be OK; if you have significant hypertension, though, you are much better suited to a real medication, such as a beta blocker.”

Kat December 8, 2020

Lasix (furosemide): “I was prescribed Lasix for swelling and to help lower my blood pressure. First time I took it, within three hours suddenly I had serious heart palpitations and my blood pressure went up to the highest it has ever been. I will not be taking that pill ever again.”

Lemanski November 9, 2013

“I am surprised to see that no one had listed furosemide for treating high blood pressure. I also take Atenolol. However, when I increased my furos from 20 to 40 I was very pleasantly surprised to see my BP go down from 140 to 115. I did this on my own and my Dr. was surprised that I had such good effects on my health and continued this dose. I take 20 twice a day. I has also had a good effect on my urinary incontinence which also is much better now.”

DangerousDrug · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2016

Lasix (furosemide): “Had a Renal Nuclear Scan with Lasix Injection for die contrast to appear on the scan to identify the source of blockage in a kidney. Prior to the scan, 5 weeks of recovering from an Upper Respiratory Infection including Bronchitis, all of my URTI symptoms returned with a severe cough and esophagus (throat) constriction DURING the 45 minute scan after the Lasix was injected. Fortunately, I was in a hospital where they treated me immediately for the allergic reaction. READ all of the interactions and side effects. After 12 hours, I feel much better.”

ritabetty · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2015

“I have been on Furosemide for about 6 weeks now. I was told I would be racing to the bathroom all the time - not! Probably because I am also on a medicine for "leaking" - Oxybutynin 5 mg one twice daily. I do not get up at night time, do not go much during the day - about every 4 hours; have gained 12 pounds in a month and my diabetes is no longer under control.”

David Thompson · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2014

Lasix (furosemide): “At 20 mg once a day, after three days Lasix dropped my blood pressure 20 points, both systolic and diastolic, with NO side effects. Lasix is on the WHO list.”

Kenny S 63 July 16, 2015

Lasix (furosemide): “lowered both sys and dia by 15 with no side effects”

goodselfme · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 25, 2019

“After furosemide was increased from 20 mg per day to 40 per day it caused me Gout and the uric acid level measured 10.7 which is very high results.”

HANA · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2018

Lasix (furosemide): “After taking lasix for about 5 weeks I had violent allergy with hospitalization”

San321 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 26, 2016

Lasix (furosemide): “Every medication you take going to have some kind of side effects. Whether it's prescribed or OTC. This has always help me.”

me55 December 6, 2017

“I didn't do much of anything”