User Reviews for Amlodipine to treat Raynaud's Syndrome

Also known as: Norvasc, Katerzia

Amlodipine Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Raynaud's Syndrome.

Reviews for Amlodipine

Bel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 19, 2020

“I was taking Amlodipine for two weeks when l started getting Raynaudes symptoms, I’ve not been on Amlodipine for three years but l still have Raynauds symptoms, among many other symptoms of taking Amlodipine, even though l don’t take it now.”

neeleymountain March 15, 2020

“I am 74 and have been on Amlodipine since diagnosed with Raynaud's syndrome about 10 years ago. I had it for many years before that but only mild. When it got to a point that my hand and wrist would turn black just from reaching into the fridge I had to ask for help. Doctor said I was lucky, they cut off digits when they’re black. I always rushed to warm up and I have all my fingers and toes. I can only take 2.5 mg or my leg swells but it has been enough to save me.”

Mini-donk3 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 1, 2020

“I was prescribed amlodipine besylate 10 mg., once daily for blood pressure, combined with hydralazine 25 mg 3x a day. I wasn't aware that Amlodipine could also treat individuals suffering from Reynard syndrome. So I wasn’t looking for relief from the white fingers and toes, and the numbing sensation, often painful. Was pleasantly surprised that the medication I have to take for high blood pressure has been extremely effective in reducing a flare up.”

Kenna January 27, 2020

“I have drug-induced Raynaud’s from my ADD medication, Adderall. At the start of this winter, it got worse than it had ever been before. My fingers and toes used to just go numb and pale, but now there was significant pain associated with it. I started Amlodipine 2.5mg And quickly noticed a difference, as the pain was gone, but my toes were still going numb. I increased to a dose of 5mg after 2 weeks and am happy. Rarely I have numbness in the cold (2 times per month) and I am in the cold frequently walking to classes. When I was flying over winter break, I did experience swelling in my feet, but that was it. When flying I suggest standing and walking a little to help prevent this.”

CB March 30, 2019

“As I've aged, raynauds episodes have become more severe during winter. I'm a 59 yr old Male. I've avoided meds for raynauds, but my symptoms were so severe this winter that I experienced minor tissue damage on the tips of a couple toes and they were so sensitive that I had to soak my feet in hot water, etc., to avoid and reduce pain. Symptoms went away in my feet immediately with amlodipine, I still have episodes of the Raynaud's syndrome with my fingers, but not as severe. I plan to stop using the medication when the weather warms and start up again next winter. I may have some slight dizziness in the mornings, but nothing significant. I take the medication at bedtime (5mg) to help avoid that reported symptom. I think this is also resulting in fewer migraines this winter. I'm on day 25 with this med and am very pleased with it so far. Tissue damage on toes (dark spots) has cleared as new skin follicles have grown. Wish I'd tried this sooner and am thankful to my doc for recommending!”

BostonGirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2019

“Amlodipine DOES NOT WORK for Raynaud's! Been on for 2 months, still having flair's every time I go outside or get a chill as usual. Only difference is now I'm swollen all over, my heart races and I feel exhausted. Maybe if you have high blood pressure already and are using this as a dual drug...maybe. For me.....Going off of this NOW!”

Steveroni · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2018

“Been prescribed 2.5 mg tab for Raynaud's due to reflex sympathetic dystrophy. I don't feel that it's made a difference, apparently I could be on a higher dose, I'll talk to physician about.”

lleegle · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2012

Norvasc (amlodipine): “At first I got fantastic results. I have severe Raynaud's and was basically house bound. It even presented in warm weather. At first the Norvasc totally removed the symptoms. They seem to have come back, however, and it is mid-summer. I also take Ritalin for narcolepsy and I fear that it may be causing some of the symptoms. I would recommend trying this medicine for Raynaud's. I take 5 mg per day.”

Anonymous April 23, 2012

“Been taking 10mg amlodipine for several years with no major side effects. Occasional ankle swelling and dizziness if I stand up too quickly but worth it for the improvement in my Raynauds.”

Anonymous December 18, 2009

Norvasc (amlodipine): “I have been taking this medication for 6 months and have gained 30lbs. It hasn't really helped my Raynaud's at all.”

neeleymountain October 25, 2009

Norvasc (amlodipine): “I've been taking 2.5mg for a month with great results and no side effects, until the weather got colder so the doctor increased dose to 5mg, partly because he wanted a better result to my high blood pressure as well. The sudden increase has caused severe sleepiness and a tight chest. I cut back to 3mg for now to ease into it and will increase to 5mg if/when the side effects decrease. I believe in caution and I know my doctor takes the same stand.”

Learn more about Raynaud's Syndrome

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)