User Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate to treat Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis

Isosorbide mononitrate has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis. 53% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 41% reported a negative effect.

Isosorbide mononitrate Rating Summary

5.9/10 average rating

Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis.

Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate

Donaldw4 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 15, 2020

“I've been taking Isosorbide 30 mg ER dose 3 times a day for years to help angina. I also have a pacemaker. No headaches and I feel better than I did before this medicine was prescribed by my cardiologist.”

Sue · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2019

“Jackson. My Dr put me on 30 mg and I had a killer headache all night so I wasn't going to take again but broke the tablet in half and took it. I still had a small headache. I suggest slowly increasing isosorbide until your body adjusts to it and then continue increasing until you reach the desired dose the dr wants you on. I told my cardiologist and he said that was ok..just a suggestion - you probably should check with your Doctor and see what they think.”

It sucks · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 6, 2017

“No more! Everything upsets me on this Med! Always irate , temperamental. DRY MOUTH so bad - had 4 teeth pulled . Cry cry cry . I'm so angry "" doc " never listened / shame on you all of you , it's my body & you ruined it forever!!!!!!!!!!!!”

nattlee June 14, 2010

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “I was put on this medication along with a very low dose ACE inhibitor that controls my blood pressure. The Imdur ER is being used to alleviate my chest pain and it has done so completely. I have not have one single flair up at all since starting it! The only down fall is the headache that I have had. I am going to call my cardiologist today to see if I can take anything for that. I still give it a 10 even with the headache because the chest pain was worse than the headache!”

marklvnv July 4, 2011

“My doctor prescribed this medicine due to on-going chest pain. I have now been taking it for 1 week and have a headache everyday. Nothing seems to help stop them. I have taken aspirin, Tylenol and even acetaminophen with codeine for relief and so far none have worked. The headache is constant throughout the day and is throbbing and causes dizziness. The good side is the chest pain has gone away. I'm considering stopping this medicine as the headaches are pretty bad.”

Betboop June 7, 2015

“I have been on this med for a couple months and I must say I feel sooooo much better! I have been fortunate in that I never had the headaches as have been reported in the reviews! My doctor just increased dose to 60 mg which has really helped me with my activity - no more shortness of breathe or pain! I have Angina and this med has helped big time! I have my quality of life back!”

Sonny Beach November 3, 2015

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “I had chest pain and palpitations. Was prescribed Imdur and took 1 tablet. That was the worst 3 days of my life. I prefer the angina to the "cure." Caused nausea, vomiting, intense pain (felt like my body was made of broken glass), every sound went right thru me, and every noise was excruciating. Never again.”

Cavalinesman · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2013

“I have had great results with this medicine. I've been taking this for several months. The headaches have all but gone. "Guess I'm getting used to them". You need to hang in there with the headaches. The benefits are worth it.”

Sally66 February 1, 2016

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “In bed 24 hours severe pain head to toe blurred vision vomiting light sensitive extreme this all happened on the day that I took imdur - I'm taking 30 milligrams the next day I was in bed till about 2 I felt 75% better did not take imdur called the doctor and told them what was going on would not recommend this medication to my worst enemy”

Phyllie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2014

“I have been on the medication about a month now. Fortunately, I have not had any headaches and the chest pain is gone for the most part. The side effects I have had are dizziness, sweats, feeling faint. So far, the good is outweighing the bad.”

NCDavid February 19, 2017

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “Took half dose, 15 mg, and spent two days feeling terrible. It caused chest and back pain, shortness of breath, confusion, dizziness, anxiety, and a general really sick feeling. It did relieve angina but it was not worth the side effects. Really bad medicine.”

nlhutson February 16, 2012

“This was given for angina after by-pass for coronary artery disease. I also have a disease called Raynaud Disease which causes spasm, pain and cold hands and feet. When the hands spasm, they are cold, asleep and very painful. First white, then blue and red with the return of blood flow. You spend your time trying to get the blood flow to return, heat, movement of hands. With isosorbride I can live without the pain and spasms. Thank you for this medicine.”

monkeyponycalleigh · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2016

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “my mother was prescribed imdur this after heart attack stent placement. She had horrible body aches and felt like her body was crushed, worst pain of her life she said. plus her feet were on fire and her body was ice cold she was shivvering and couldn't see so it affected her eyes too”

PeterRG March 28, 2017

“My GP suspected (and after pressure wire Angiogram) I was diagnosed with Variant (Prinzmetal) Angina. I have been taking Isosorbide Mononitrate 30mg successfully for a year. The headaches were awful at first but by "titrating" the (strictly once a day) dose (that is gradually increasing it to the prescribed strength over a period of a couple of months) the side effects were minimised. My GP was helpful in this regard by selecting tablets that could be halved; quartered; and of lower strength than the target dose, while working up to the full dose. The frequency episodes of chest pain have reduced from almost daily to about 1 day in 10 and the intensity of pain reduced from excruciating to quite mild.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2017

“Within a few hours of taking have never felt so bad in my life. Headache,sickness and diarrhoea. In bed for 2 days. Now on my 5th day mild headache no chest pain and all round feel better than I have for a long time”

Desperado101 October 3, 2009

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate): “I have had good usage of this medication as it has helped to reduce my high blood pressure.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2013

“Had a angiogram, found a caulked artery, did not fix it, was put on this to help, so far only one mild headache. It's been 8 days, there has been no chest pain! I'm happy with this medicine so far.”

Luckyirishfightclub · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2015

“This is my second day and second dose. I am experiencing headaches so intense I vomit, lower leg pain, annoyance with about everything, social isolation, no concentration, and paranoia.”

Manny Garcia · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2015