Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 27, 2023.
Indications and Usage for Aspirin
- muscle pain
- menstrual pain
- pain and fever of colds
- minor pain of arthritis
Children and teenagers should not use this medicine for chicken pox or flu symptoms before a doctor is consulted about Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness reported to be associated with aspirin.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take aspirin or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Aspirin may cause stomach bleeding.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach problems (such as heartburn, upset stomach, or stomach pain) that last or come back
- bleeding problems
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for
- anticoagulation (blood thinning)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Aspirin Dosage and Administration
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours or 3 tablets every 6 hours, not to exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: consult a doctor
carnauba wax1, corn starch, hypromellose, powdered cellulose, triacetin
- may contain this ingredient
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
ASPIRIN 325 MG TABLETS
Each Film coated Tablet Contains:
ASPIRIN 325 MG
Lot No :
MFG. DATE :
Exp. Date :
Jar No. :
Quantity : 50,000 Tablets
NDC. No : 65437-038-05
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
STORE CONTROLLED ROOM TEMPERATURE OF 59° –86°F (15° – 30°C)
PROTECT FROM LIGHT, MOISTURE AND FREEZING
THIS IS A BULK SHIPMENT INTENDED FOR FURTHER PROCESSING ONLY.
CONTENTS SHOULD BE APPROVED,REPACKAGED IMMEDIATELY AND LABELED IN STRICT
CONFORMANCE WITH THE FDA AND REGULATIONS THEREUNDER
MANUFACTURED CODE No Guj/Drugs/G/1362
LABELER CODE # 14803
HIMPRIT PHARMACHEM PVT. LTD
"LAKULISH", R.V.DESAI ROAD,
NEXT TO NAVAPURA POLICE STATION
BARODA, INDIA – 390 001
CAUTION : "FOR MANUFACTURING, PROCESSING OR REPACKING"
aspirin tablet, film coated
|Labeler - HIMPRIT PHARMACHEM PVT LTD (917261992)|
Frequently asked questions
- What's the difference between aspirin and ibuprofen?
- Can you take tramadol with acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or aspirin?
- Can antidepressants be used for arthritis pain?
- What temperature is considered a fever?
- Aspirin Overdose: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Emergency Treatment
- Which painkiller should you use?
- Can I give Aspirin to my dog or cat?
- Can you take ibuprofen with Excedrin Migraine?
More about aspirin
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (47)
- Drug images
- Latest FDA alerts (3)
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- Patient tips
- During pregnancy
- Support group
- Drug class: platelet aggregation inhibitors