User Reviews for Duloxetine

Also known as: Cymbalta, Irenka

Duloxetine Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Hot Flashes.

Reviews for Duloxetine to treat Hot Flashes

"Severely worsened hot flashes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

"Only been on this for a few days for menopause symptoms & it is brutal. My doctor told me to take it at night as it may cause drowsiness but it kept me awake all night. The hot flushes were more frequent & worse & I'd nausea & diarrhea. And made me very anxious, something I never had in my life. I'd advise extreme caution using this drug & it also meant to be extremely hard to wean off from."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

"I am a 53 year old woman who took Cymbalta 90mg/day for years (pain from spinal degeneration and arthritis). I ran out 6 weeks ago, and my doctor couldn't be reached to renew my prescription. I didn't feel very well for a few days, but then felt like I had before when I was taking Cymbalta (i.e., I realized it wasn't helping my pain) so I didn't restart it. I then began experiencing dreadful hot flashes and bed-drenching night sweats. After three weeks of this, I knew it wasn't Cymbalta withdrawal...the Cymbalta had been controlling what I just thought was a smooth-sailing menopause! I got my prescription refilled, but tried just taking 30 mg...and within days the hot flashes and night sweats stopped. Very effective!"

Stops Hot Flashes (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2017

"I feel so hot with the cymbalta. Different than hot flashes where I would feel flush and sweat. This makes me feel as if the room temperature is 150 degrees, no sweating. And I feel hot to the touch. I've been using ice packs to help alleviate, but that's not always practical."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2017

"I have been taking cymbalta for about six month. In the past few months the hot feeling has increased greatly. I'm wondering if the cymbalta is causing this. I know you can go on a decreasing dosage over a few weeks period of time. Has anyone done this with success. I feel I'm at the end of the rope with feeling hot almost all of the time."

Jean43 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2016

"Complete hysterectomy 2003. Went through menopause w minimal hot flashes. Fast forward 2014-2016 started low dose cymbaltA for back pain after back surgery. CymbaltA seemed to help some w the pain. Dose increased to 40mg and eventually to 60mg. Hot flashes have been horrible. They come on fast and there is nothing that makes them better except sitting w a fan blowing on me. I have heard bad stories about stopping cymbalta and the side effects of that. I am fearful to stop but too hot to continue."

Hot momma (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2016

"After having 7-10 hot flashes a day... Waking up 2-3 times a night. My Breast survivor MD prescribed me Cymbalta 10mg daily . Hot flashes gone first day.... Only an occasional warming now that I can handle ."

Bonbon111 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2016

Cymbalta (duloxetine): "I started Cymbalta about 3 months ago for depression. At 30 mg I was fine. We increased. They are worse than when I was going through menopause. My body is hot all the time. My feet are always hot and sweat. I don't want to stop the Cymbalta because it has had such a dramatic effect with the depression. I feel like me again mentally. I don't think these are listed as side effects. "

nyhardhat August 1, 2012

"I have been dealing with severe hot flashes for 2 years. Once I started 30mg of Cymbalta daily the hot flashes immediately stopped. It has now been 2 months and they are slowly returning, but they are milder than before."

Anonymous May 11, 2012

Cymbalta (duloxetine): "I was prescribed Cymbalta for fibromyalgia. Not only did it not work for the fibromyalgia, but it restarted the hot flashes that had been under control! In doing research on fibromyalgia, I discovered that this drug has been reported to worsen hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms in women with fibromyalgia. If it works for you, many blessings!"

suzqok March 11, 2010

Cymbalta (duloxetine): "I was prescribed 30mg Cymbalta 3 months ago to treat hot flashes/sweats. After just one pill, the hot flashes/sweats were gone. Before I was having 7-8 sweats per day. Going on 4 months now and the hot flash/sweats are starting to slowly come back but they are still fewer than before. I want to keep taking and will have a recheck next month to see if I should increase to 60mg. All positive feedback so far."

Anonymous January 3, 2009