User Reviews for Paroxetine

Postpartum Depression
6.6

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 7.3 946 reviews

Reviews for Paroxetine

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "I came back to report the efficiency of this medication after I initially posted in Februray. The medication has been working very well. It controls the anxiety symptoms, makes me outgoing, and even controls negative thoughts. The only con is , as others mentioned as well, weight gain. For every mg , you gain 1 lbs or 1 kg (depending on excercise, diet, etc.). I tried both approaches: to eat healthy and exercise, with no success to loose weight, and to eat small or very little, again, no weight lost. This is the only downfall for me. As I said, I have been on this med for 3 1/2 months. Overall, it is worth taking."

Micky009 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For Depression: "I was feeling very bad a month ago. I started to become a pessimist and had no motivation to do nothing. It was terrible. I was feeling nauseated and very sad. All I wanted to do was sleep to not feel the depression symptoms. I was prescribed Paroxetine 10mg and Alprazolam 0,5mg and after 2 weeks of treatment, I became more positive and started to gain motivation to do my things. This drug really helped me a lot. The terrible thoughts that used to ruin me are over now."

Thales Vinicius (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I've been on Paxil for many years - and I mean many. 1 - CON: weight gain. A pound for every mg. and it wont come off no matter what I do to exercise and eat right. 2- PRO: I like life again. 3 - CON: dosage increases every few years due to either getting used to it, or the weight gain due to the meds.. a vicious circle."

vansa (taken for 10 years or more) April 30, 2018

For Depression: "This drug ruined me and has changed my personality for worse, to the point where I'm not me anymore. I'm 35 and battling early onset dementia symptoms where my mental skills have declined and my attention span is history, avoid if possible"

kevin72 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Totally works! Just ask my kids. I am lazier though, but not too bad. I had a tendency to be lazy to begin with. Sometimes I have sexual side effects, but not all the time."

CJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "A life changer - I’m on 2 tabs each morning. Before taking this I was always on edge and now this has taken it away - I’m not on edge anymore. I used to have the odd panic attack and haven’t had one since I started on these. I’m more confident in life and don’t want to go back to my old life without these. Solid overall- life easier & more enjoyable.."

Harold April 26, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I tried this medication and it had the most horrible side effects and all around worsened my condition. It caused a more severe depression and rageful episodes which destroyed a wonderful relationship with my boyfriend. After taking it for less than a month, I could not breath and fell unconscious and had a seizure. It was also prescribed for hot flashes which didn't work either. In addition, it caused nausea and flu-like symptoms and 10lb weight gain. I felt worse than ever and it had a deleterious effect on my life.Horrible drug!"

Sunshine April 25, 2018

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "Brisdelle definitely helped and calmed down the night sweats therefore, I gave a five rating. If I had to rate the side effects it would be a zero due to the severity. I experienced all the symptoms mentioned in other comments which includes vertigo symptoms with the room spinning a couple of nights, fatigue, swooshing sound in head, sensitivity to light, headaches, etc. I have been off this medicine three weeks and still feeling fatigue, nauseous, light headedness, head tremors/zaps and most of all feeling weird. I believe I rather deal with the hot flashes instead of going through all this drama. I gave it a try and it's not for me."

Ree April 25, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am now 8 months on paxil for hot flashes and it has been a changing time in my life since I got off Prempro 4 years ago. I am a different person who does not over react and I feel better than I did for 30 years on HRT. I exercise at the Y 5 days a week and I sleep 7 hours a night. Sex life is still good at 74 years of age. I'm happy and living the dream."

ADELO (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2018

For Hot Flashes: "It started improving my symptoms within 10 days!"

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "First off, I am an alcoholic with 8 years of sobriety. Three years into continuous sobriety I began to feel like I was experiencing PMS all the time. I drank for most of my adult life approx . 30 yrs, thus I may have needed SSRI’s all along. Long story short I tried 10 mg of paroxatine or Paxil which made me feel like I had motion sickness a day or two then it went away. I used to obsess over stupid stuff and I felt anxious which effected my sleep. Within 2 weeks I mellowed out without becoming lethargic or tired. Basically it took me down a notch and I am much more patient and not obsessing. 2 1/2 yrs later I am doing great at 20 mg.. my quality of life is much better. I am full time mom, student and wife with no time to be bogged down. Paxil worked well for me."

Sofia (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I love paroxetine, I feel fearless and self-confident, can do great on all activities, and much better on job. I really feel I have changed, I am more me than ever before. When iIwas 4 years old i suffered psychological abuse from person who was working at my home. She used to humiliate me, threaten me about killing me and family if I told someone, for about a year. After that, I had horrific nightmares for several years, nocturnal eneuresis, fear to anyone. So I grew up with lot of anxiety and depressive periods, at 18 I fell into a depression for 2 years, til my father, a doctor, prescribed me paroxetine. For 10 years I depended on him for medication. I didn't feel comfortable cause at the end he didn't believe I was ill. So then I started going to other doctor, now I feel I can take my loved paroxetine when I need it. I will take it for life, but I am so happy and I prefer that, it doesn't disturb me anymore."

Spanishq (taken for 10 years or more) April 5, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "It works by giving you energy (so called mild motivation) which is why is a big NO to people suffering with Bipolar because it triggers Mania. For me generally it works most of the time but I have to frequently change the dosage which is annoying because I have to stay in contact with my doctor almost all the time and your body needs adjustment of the dosage in order to keep track with your general mental condition. Its not only Paxil. SSRIS work the same. Just a big NO for me."

TJGR (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I am 28 years old and have been on Paxil for 2.5 months and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I always thought Paxil was for crazy people. I used to always be on edge, worry about EVERYTHING, have chest and neck pain from stress, and was generally unhappy. Since I have been on Paxil I feel like I can live again and I even lost weight. I am in school for my RN and I don’t get angry and stressed about every little thing that doesn’t go my way. It is like my mind and body won’t let me sweat the small stuff. My relationship with my spouse is even better. I haven’t really experienced any negative side effects. Thank goodness for Paxil and my new life!! I couldn’t be happier!"

V (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I had been on Paxil years ago for a very long time until it kind of “pooped out” and stopped working. After several attempts at trying to find another antidepressant that worked, I asked my psychiatrist to once again put me back on Paxil. Just a little over 4 weeks of being back on Paxil, the dark cloud that followed me lifted and I was able to see the sun once again. I didn’t give Paxil a 10 only because I experienced many sleepless nights when I first started it, but all in all, it has given me my life back."

Karina from Minnesota (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was prescribed Paxil (in conjunction with Valium as needed) to treat PTSD, depression, and anxiety. There are side-effects (the most notable one being a seriously lowered libido) but as a whole this was a very positive experience for me. Paxil gave me the baseline of emotional stability I needed to work through my trauma in therapy without putting myself in danger. Overall this has been a success."

Lenn (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I'm writing this because I was initially scared to start taking Paxil after reading a lot of negative reviews online, and I wanted to put a positive one out there. I'm currently on week 6 day 2, on a 10mg dose (I'm a small female). When I started, I had gone over a month barely eating or sleeping, and had lost over 15 pounds in the previous few months due to anxiety/depression. I was struggling with every aspect of my life, and felt like I didn't have the strength to pull myself through it. Today I feel strong, capable, I have my appetite back and my sleep has improved. I am back to my real joyful self and not just a shell of a person. The only side effects I have experienced are exhaustion in the first few weeks, and some jaw clenching at night. All manageable. So, if you're considering Paxil, don't be scared by all the info out there. Every body is different, and you never know: it might be just what you need to help you through this time in your life and find yourself."

Lolo March 10, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I originally started at 20mg. This dose was too much and had trouble sleeping. I went down to 10mg which is working much better for me. Unfortunately, I am experiencing blood taste in my post nasal drip. I have excellent oral hygiene and this is not coming from my mouth. It is definitely the throat. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this? The medication is working but this side effect is gross."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was scared to try it because of all the reviews. Here’s an opinion for people who are considering it. The first few days (about 3-4) you might feel lightheaded, dizzy, and nauseous. If you do take it before bed so you can sleep though it. After the first few days those symptoms go away when your body gets use to the drug. It does take about 2 weeks for you to notice any difference. So give it time and in the meantime ask your doctor for some Xanax to calm you down for the two weeks. It helped me! After 10 days I saw a difference in my anxiety. I’m on 20 mg and my doctor thinks I’ll need to up my dosage because I still have anxiety. Also, remember that not every drug works the same on everyone. Just give it a chance if it does not help move on."

Rayray (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I'm a happier, calmer person. Just ask my wife."

Spanky (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 26, 2018

For Depression: "I was prescribed 30 mg paroxetine for major depression and anxiety. The first week was horrible, I never felt that anxious in my entire life... But then it started wearing off and I started feeling normal again, just normal!! And it was great"

Jo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2018

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "12.5 mg for 2 months and it really makes a difference. I was tired at first but seems I've settled in just fine."

Cassie870 February 20, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "It started working immediately. I wish I would have discovered this medication years ago! I have been suffering from social anxiety and it would have saved me so much grief in so many situations , one is- dropping out of my doctoral program and other programs and unnecessary conflicts I have had with people. I have been now been happy, friendly, and outgoing with people. I have not been like this in 2 decades. It has saved my social life! Now, I know how it feels to be relaxed, confident, and in control of my emotions at all times. More so, to enjoy life and have conversations with strangers (something I dreaded before). As a highly skeptical individual who has always minimized or discarded medical intervention, I suggest to all prospective users out there to try it!! I tried Citalopram, but this one is the best for me. I am no longer tired of embarrassing myself in public when speaking to people."

Micky009 February 13, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on Paxil for a little over a month now. Taking 20mg for Social Anxiety. It has helped me tremendously. From feeling more positive to my thoughts being less overwhelming and much more easy to ignore. Especially in times in the winter (when my anxiety is much worse) it has helped to take the edge off. I feel like I am starting to be myself like I was before the SA took over. Would def recommend."

TJ Lin Lin February 13, 2018

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I experienced whole body seizures and upper back spasms with this medication."

xgr February 10, 2018