User Reviews for Paroxetine systemic

Postpartum Depression
6.6

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 7.4 1,027 reviews

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "In my experience antidepressants never worked. Maybe I was misdiagnosed but still I’m not myself. Not even antipsychotics work but they work better than SSRI's on me. I think I have ADHD and I think no one will ever diagnose me."

TJ-GR (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 14, 2019

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I took Paxil years ago for GAD and MDD and it made me mean. I went from extreme bouts of crying from being depressed, to making other's cry by being mean to them. I didn't realize how mean it made me until my boyfriend and my best friend told me that I needed to get off of it. I was put on Celexa instead and it worked very well."

Nell (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "If you have depression do yourself a favor and avoid this medication at all costs. I am 1 week into withdrawals (this isn't the first time I've tried to discontinue paroxetine) and its basically the worst. I was on Paxil for years, it made me gain so much weight and it didn't even help that much with my depression, in some ways it made my depression worst. For me lexapro is a much better choice, so much more effective. Not only are the emotional withdrawals worst than you could imagine but its physical as well. its hard for me to move my hands, arms and fingers, its as if they are numb. I'm also getting headaches and brain zaps but nothing beats this depression. I think it is not worth it."

Freia369 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 12, 2019

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I had been taking paxil for fibromyalgia pain for 30 years. It worked great, it also helped with my depression and anxiety. Not one adverse reaction in 30 years. Then in November 2018 my pharmacy could no longer fill my prescription. I was told they no longer make paxil. I started taking cymbalta instead but it did not work and I went into a deep depression, unable concentrate, hurt all over and suicidal. Why did they stop making it? My Dr. started me on Prozac 6 days ago and I am struggling to focus. I cry all the time and can't think straight. I have feelings or worthlessness and don't care if I live or die. Why did they stop making it. (They stopped the Paxil brand but it is still available as a generic tablet called paroxetine)"

Anonymous January 8, 2019

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Taken this medication on and off for over 20 years . Few side effect when going on medication . Never had any withdrawal symptoms even when I forgot to take and when I stopped taking medication Totally cured my anxiety/depression ."

Jo67 January 5, 2019

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Paxil for about 5 years now for anxiety and depression. It took about 2 weeks before I noticed any changes in my symptoms. I no longer suffer from panic and anxiety attacks. The side effects for me have been weight gain (20lbs) and decreased ability to achieve orgasim. I have recently cut down from 20mg to 10mg and while my anxieties have ramped up somewhat, it has brought my sex life back. I feel 10mg is the right balance for me now."

Michael (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2019

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I used Paxil for 7 years for anxiety and it works fine , it’s not that you don’t have any anxiety but it does diminish it . Last year I decided to quit because I thought I don’t need it anymore and started taking half dose ( 10 ) and then a quarter . Everything was fine till 15 days after I had quit totally . My anxiety came back and the negative thoughts were on the run . So I get back on it , 15 days now and am felling better . It takes at least a month to fully work , but in the meantime anxiety is there . Only the people who suffer this can understand how overwhelming this constant fear can be . I think this will be forever or until something really awesome and new came to market . You can not live in fear ."

Red (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 2, 2019

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "10 years on paxil. If you have anxiety this drug should help. I had depression as well and think it helped there as well. I was on low dose of 15mg used with 50mg wellbutrin. These two drugs work great together. I've noticed periods where I think I feel to good. Now we are looking at potential of SSRI induced hypomania. This is fairly common and I only figured it out after reading a lot of info online. If you need to get off Paxil I recommend getting liquid version and titrating very slowly off it. Months not weeks. I'm currently down to 7mg and feel low most times. Trying Lamictal now and will wait and see how that does. Paxil also gave me issues with my sex life."

Matt (taken for 10 years or more) January 2, 2019

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I took Paxil CR for anxiety for about 3 years. My max dosage was 67.5mg a day, which is too high. Paxil worked amazing for me for about 2 years at 37.5mg a day. After 2 years it started to lose efficacy, and that's when they kept raising my dosage. My main side effects were increased appetite (gained 20 lbs) and excessive sleepiness. Some nights I would sleep for 18-20 hours unintentionally. This was somewhat problematic. This drug did give me my life back when it worked and it did work very well for my anxiety for 2 years. Despite what people say, tapering off Paxil was not hard at all. My psychiatrist said that this is one of the stronger SSRI's that generally works fast and is great for anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2019

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I was on paxil 18 years ago it changed my life, I was shy never dated, I was put on paxil and then married the first guy I went out with. I have been married 18 years, have 5 kids. I had to go off paxil while I was having my first 2 children and they switched me to Zoloft when I was having number 3. Zoloft worked good for me for 10 years but I have switched back to paxil. I have been back on it 17 days and hope it works again. I also have OCD, panic attacks, well all that paxil treats. It runs in my family."

dd December 28, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have suffered from anxiety, intrusive thoughts, scattered thinking and obsessive list making for about 5 years. I started taking 10 mgs. of Paxil about 2 weeks ago. I can't tell you what a miracle this drug has been! I actually got the prescription about 5 months ago but was too anxious to actually start taking it. It took a friend expressing her concern to convince me to start. I am so thankful that I did. I noticed an immediate decrease in my anxiety. I am a bit sluggish but I will take that for the decrease in anxiety. I experienced a major stressor within the past week and I handled it without overanalyzing and obsessing on the worst possible outcome. It feels so good to be me again!"

bjw76 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been on this for 2 months. It has worked very well for my hot flashes and night sweats. I have noticed dry mouth and some headaches and some joint pain in my fingers, but that pain goes away during the day. It's worth it though so I can sleep at night without being hot and cold all night and day long. I just drink more water."

Tlc0828 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I suffered from severe anxiety that led to horrible panic attacks. My physician rapidly started to give me Paroxetine 10 mg for 1 week, then 20 mg the second week. I had some side effects during the first two weeks, but nothing really horrible. Fast forward 6 weeks, anxiety almost totally gone, but couple of panic attacks that were manageable. Again fast forward 6 months, no more panic attacks, no more ridiculous overthinking about past events, and I honestly feel better than my old self. During this whole period I attended CBT sessions, which help a lot in clearly understanding the functionality of a panic attack and how to cope with it. Very satisfied with this medication so far. I hope my comment will be helpful to you guys, and please rest assure that one SSRI will work you, just do not hesitate to seek help rapidly. Cheers!"

CS (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have several chronic conditions but a month ago I started developing extreme thoughts of GUILT. They just suddenly appeared and made me feel guilty for everything at the point of getting suicidal because it was unbearable. Then I recalled a medication I took in the past for similar feelings and PAXIL came to my mind. I immediately called for a script and got it. A miracle happened. Although I slept 18 hrs. with 40mg. I woke up like a new person. No more negativity in my life! Thankful for Paxil."

Hemaro December 10, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "After the birth of my daughter probably within hours I experienced a panic attack , months later I was still having them every week , feeling worried and anxious about everything having irrational thoughts that just wouldn’t budge , that’s when I was diagnosed with postpartum anxiety. I was prescribed Paxil (paroxantine 10 mg). I would cry everyday before that but it did kinda help with my crying spells however for my anxiety I feel like it got worse. I know they say to give it 4-6 weeks I gave it 5 1/2 on 10 mg . Side effects in the first 2 weeks where constant yawning and feeling heavy eyed similar to what allergies feel like in the eyes and increased appetite which was better than not eating at all , I did still have panic attacks and down days . So I didn’t think it was the right fit for me and switched to something else ."

Mom with PPA (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Horrible!"

Hi (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Paxil has been a double-edged sword for me. I have been on one dose or another for the last 15 years or so. I can't stop the meds, I've tried a few times in the past, but, just end up going crazy (crying, suicidal thoughts, extreme sadness and anxiety). I feel trapped and helpless to escape the medication's machevellian side effects."

Dallyd72 (taken for 10 years or more) December 8, 2018

For Depression: "Hi 34 year old male here just wanted to share with you my experience of paroxetine 20 mg after six weeks this medication saved me from killing myself. I had tried citalopram, sertraline, mertazapine, I almost gave up but then Dr suggested paroxetine and depression has lifted for first time in 5 years please give it a try if your in a dark place"

Wayne (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "10 mg a day induced me panic attacks, extreme anxiety and depressed and terrible stomach aches. I stopped after a week or so."

testecoeur (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I used Paxil for 13 months for general anxiety. My general doctor introduced paxil to me. I've started with 10mg and later increased it to 20mg. It worked amazingly for that time. The only downside was I gained 13 pounds and lost my sex drive that made me want to quit. I knew that I shouldn't stop cold turkey , so I consulted with my doctor. This medicine withdrawal is the worst. Tapering off from 20mg to 10mg was nightmare: constant electric shocks, flu like pain in the whole body, nausea and vomiting . It took two weeks for me to adapt to the lower dose. Changing it to 10mg every other day was ok but again quitting it all for good was the worst torture . I tolerated the nausea and vomiting for 5 days in the row and I couldn't do it any more so I took the 10 dosage again. Doctors don't warn you about the withdrawal but please please if you are reading this , don't take start paxil. Quitting it is the hardest thing that you can not even imagine."

Vandad November 30, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "While on the medication, everything seemed fine. I can see why people like to take it. It helps with anxiety and depression both. What the doctor didn’t tell me was that there’s a chance of gaining 20-50 pounds in the first 6 months . I gained a total of 18 pounds in the first 4 months. I had taken other SSRI’s before and never experienced weight gain so I thought “why take Paxil if I can take something else that doesn’t cause extreme weight gain”. I began tapering off like I always have when I wanted to stop a medication and what I experienced was pretty awful. Let me just give you the breakdown: Brain zaps (constantly). Electric shocks going through my head (constantly). Dizziness when standing. Vertigo. Diarrhea every single day. Chills. Insomnia (I didn’t sleep once for 4 days straight). Outbursts of uncontrollably crying. Mood swings (I literally had lost control of all my emotions)."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "After taking this medicine for only second month now. I am feeling on cloud 9 . I had psychosexual generated erectile dysfunction. I use to discharge only within 10 seconds to 30 seconds before taking Paxil CR 12.5 now 25 mg. Now I can have sex now . I am now in driver seat of intercourse journey with controlled erection up to 30 minutes. Now I have confidence to please my lady."

Monty (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Was so anxious about taking this medication due to all of the horrible reviews. It seemed like I couldn’t stop Goggling about it because I just wanted to find someone that had a good experience. Well I have! I went on Paxil for almost two years and it helped me not only get back to myself but a better self. I never gained weight because I exercised few times a week and I never had the crazy side effects. If your thinking of going on Paxil I would highly suggest it. I also did not get the horrible side effects while weaning off. My anxiety was a little high but nothing crazy. I am hoping this helps someone out there because I understand the frustration of reading all of these horrible reviews for the mediation your trying to go on :-/ I did have a bad experience with a medication but I was only on it for two days and got off It right away. You need to do what your body tells you. Never stay on something that makes you feel crappy."

Trish (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 11, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Great drug. It took about 4-5 weeks for it to work for me."

MK (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 6, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was prescribed Paroxetine for PTSD, OCD, depression, and anxiety. I took it for 3 months. The only thing it did for me was made me have intense dark thoughts and made me so, so hungry. I had no issues eating before but didn't have an appetite. I don't think I gained any weight but it was ridiculous. I've been off of it for about 2 months and I'm STILL always hungry. I have to say that I'm very sensitive to SSRI's though - my body didn't tolerate Prozac or Lexapro well either."

Bee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...