User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

6.9
Postmenopausal Symptoms 3 reviews 203 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 846 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been taking paxil 20mg but I just started I'm in five days and I only take 1/2 before bed and at first it was great now I'm still experiencing panic attacks and finding my self crying and seeing and hearing things why did it stop working or what should I do I'm suppose to take 1/2 for seven days then after take the whole one every nite do I need a upper dose or it's not for me IDK what to do some one please let me know what to do"

Anonymous July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Paxil definitely works....... but I went from 120lbs to 148lbs in 6 months... for some, this may not bother them since the medicine does actually work. But for me, I can't deal with it! I've never changed my eating habits, and I get plenty of exercise. My weight have never changed besides a lb here and there for YEARS. It's no doubt this medicine will make you gain weight... you just have to choose whether this side effect outweighs the benefits or not."

EmJReynolds (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I started on Paroxitine approx 4 weeks ago due to a long episode of depression and anxiety. I noticed a difference within about 10 days of starting this medication. A month down the track I feel so much better, almost like a new person."

MilliMilli (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Hi...Ive been on Paxil 11 years. Its the only thing that helped my depression and social anxiety disorder. The only side effect I have is weight gain. It will cause withdrawal if you stop taking it for a week which happened once when I didnt get my script refilled. But all in all its helped me greatly. I'd rather have weight gain than severe depression and anxiety and fear of crowds. I give it a 10 for my case."

LadyEcho July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "WORST DRUG EVER! Side effects were body shocks, headaches, worse anxiety, etc. I only took it for three weeks and it caused me to feel numb mentally and emotionally. Drove me nuts! So I went off it and let me tell you... WORST withdrawals ever! Lethargy, bad thoughts, apathy, brain zaps, mood swings, depression, etc. Before you take it, which I DON'T recommend as there are other options, read stories about the withdrawals. Theres so many lawsuits against it. Oh and it induced a mania in me and now I'm stuck on antipsychotics..."

Lela3338 (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Back in October 4 , 2015 I had my first severe panic attack I thought I was going to die. I couldn't go to the store and be in line at the cash register and couldn't even drive. My quality of life was really bad at that point. I remember thinking I can't take care of my kids can't even do the things I used to do like go to the park go buy groceries even go to my kids school events I felt horrible. I told my Doctor what has happening I got prescribed paroxetine 20 mg. It saved my life. I know it takes time be patient it's worth it."

Mar12241982 July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "When I first started taking this It was for pre-menopause I was put on Paxel for hot flashes and night sweats because they were so bad I was having that nearly 50 to 60 hot flashes a day. I now have them about 20 times a day that's on a good day. I cannot take anything with hormones due to a genetic disorder that I have. "

PAULAD96 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I grew up with anxiety but as I got older it turned in to social anxiety and really turned me into an ugly person... I started feeling super insecure about my appearance, had uncontrollable obsessive thoughts, weird fantasies, I believed I wasn't normal.... after getting sick of feeling so insecure and anxious, I know something was wrong with me. My doctor prescribed me 10mg of Paxil for the first 2 weeks, and 20mg after. I'm now 4 months and a few days in, and I'm starting to feel much more calmer, my attitude towards life is positive!!I'm starting to talk more in class and it's gradually getting better. The first 2 months where hell"

jeremyyt (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "The worst possible anti-anxiety medication ever. 14 years of taking it. Not only did it do the opposite of what it was supposed to do, but I became a horrible person to be around. High one day, down the bottom the other, irrational, fearless to a scary point, extreme in everything I did. the side effects were horrific and it took me 3 years to temper it down to stop taking it....But wait; 2 years after quitting this shit, serious side effects came back to haunt me in a terrible way...Yes; 2 years after I stopped taking Paxil. Please, Google Paxil side effects; many people have had the same problem! Stay away from this stuff. Banned in most of Europe for obvious reasons."

Dajo (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I hate this drug so much!! At first is was helping me sleep, and now it's causing so much anxiety, insomnia, Vertigo, panic attacks to the point of feeling paralyzed. My chest feels weird constantly and my vitals are normal. I did end up having a seizure with this medicine!!! I am on 40mg get me off this damn drug! Such bad anxiety and racing thoughts. My brain isn't calm! I can't hardly eat because of the insomnia and anxiety!!!! This is the WORST drug ever. Do not stay on this drug. I'm always sweating with this stupid drug and having anxiety and unable to fully stay asleep. I have so many side effects now. I hate it!!!!"

Herstruly0 July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Lifesaver drug!!!"

Anonymous July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I have to review this medication in hopes women that are suffering with menopausal symptoms may be helped. I read some pretty bad reviews on this drug so I was reluctant to try it. But in the the two weeks that I have taken Brisale my mood has improved and my hot flashes have been reduced to about 1 to 2 a day. Also they are less severe. The night sweats have been reduced to maybe 1 episode per night when before I had 4 to 5. Also my mood is so much better and I feel like my energy has increased. The only drawback is the $200.00 a month cost but I'm increasing my HSA to pay for this drug because I feel so much better."

Joe'smommy June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I just started taking Paxil 10mg (I'm on day 11) and I feel amazing and no side effects. Before Paxil, I wouldn't leave my house and if I had to I would stay within a 15 minute radius from my house. I had crippling panic attacks and nervousness all day long. I lost my job, my 10 yr relationship suffered, I gained weight and lost contact with myself and everything I used to enjoy. Today I decided to up my dose to 20mg. It made me tired but extremely calm. I'm able to drive, run errands, keep up with housework and I am in control of my anxiety with some help of Ativan 1mg if needed. Paxil saved my life and I suggest anyone with GAD,OCD,PTSD and DEPRESSION to seriously consider this drug. God is good and I feel blessed."

SpenceMJ1985 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started Paxil approx 3 weeks ago and my life started changing for the better about 2 weeks into it. I feel my social anxiety dissolving, I didn't realize how depressed I was, but life is starting to look so much brighter. I suffered with bad pe which made sexual intimacy impossible, and this has pretty much gone away. I am becoming more outgoing and able to express myself to others and working hard to remove everything in my head which caused my anxiety by talking with my spouse and others in my family. I am also becoming much more comfortable in social situations. I sure hope in continues, because I can't imagine going back to my old self. I had bad nausea and was so tired the first week, but so worth it."

Kt5132 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I've been on Paxil CR (37.5 mg/day) for 6 years now. I wouldn't even consider going off at the moment. It means I can live a normal life now. This is a wonderful medication."

DRuthH (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I started this for anxiety and depression, mostly social anxiety. It definitely helped with my social anxiety but not in a good way. I swear it caused a personality change. I went from being terrified of talking around people to randomly blurting out weird stuff in class and being squirrelly and hyper. I went from this quiet shy girl to being kind of whacko. I started getting in trouble in class for being disruptive. I was regularly displaying behavior that was inappropriate in public. Weirdest thing ever. I discontinued it and after a little while was back to myself. Not sure how common this is? Very strange."

Made me a different person. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I've taken this for 2 days and my heart already races and my anxiety is crippling. I already want off."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I was suffering from severe hot flashes ever 35-40min all day, severe day AND night sweats, chills, feeling hot & cold at the same time, I was extremely miserable. I could not go to work, my social and love-life came to an abrupt end. I would get soaking wet and had to remove all clothing every 35-40mins. IT WAS HORRIBLE! This went on for 3 months. Everyone kept telling me it was not going to last long, maybe just a few YEARS. In no way was I going to go for years feeling that way. My doctor prescribe Brisdelle 7.5mg 7 weeks ago and my life is 90% back to normal. Once I started taking this medication, the sweats, chills, and severity of the flashes stopped. I only have mild flashes and hopefully they will end. too."

HP66 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "After coming off Prozac and starting this medication, I gave it about 3 weeks. Worst antidepressant I've ever tried. No other antidepressant EVER affected me this way."

Suicide Watch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medication caused sudden, severe weight gain 43lbs. (19.5 kg) over four months weight gain and did little for my anxiety. I wouldn't recommend it!!!! It should be taken off the market for its adverse side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I took Paxil in highschool in 2000 for severe social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder. I stopped going to school...Stopped eating..Stopped socializing with family and friends. Paxil changed my life back then. I started going to school, I made high honors, I started eating and having a life again. After that time my anxiety was manageable. I went off the Paxil and just used Valium for panic attacks. For years I was able to keep my anxiety under control with the least amount of medication as possible. Now (June 2017) I am experiencing the same bad anxiety I dealt with years ago. I'm back on Paxil (day 2) and I feel good. I hope it changes me so I can enjoy life again, make my partner happy and start working again. Give Paxil a try!!"

SpenceMJ1985 June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Paxil is one of the few antidepressants that worked well for me. However, don't stop taking the drug when you start feeling better. Stopping Paxil abruptly made me physically ill. The Paxil withdrawal symptoms are similar to opiate withdrawal."

Bud G (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I took this for approximately a month for depression & anxiety. It definitely improved things; no more anxiety attacks or constant sad mood anymore. However, it did not help with my social anxiety whatsoever. Going out of the house has become a difficult task along with trying to converse with others as I become extremely uncomfortable and anxious. But, this medication greatly helped turn my mood and thinking around 180 degrees. The side effects have brought me to the point where I just cannot take it anymore. I will sleep 10+ hours and still feel exhausted, struggling to open my eyes. As mentioned, my mood is great now but I feel like I have less motivation to do anything and less emotion altogether. Did not work best for me."

GiannaR June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "Just started taking today, Fingers crossed for hep with hot flashes"

coquinabeach June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Works wonderful for me . Make me feel so happy and relaxed. Took a few weeks to get to this stage though ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017