User Reviews for Paroxetine

Postpartum Depression
6.6

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 7.4 999 reviews

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Im on paxil 1 month ..6years ago tried narcotic for social anxiety helped me but addiction is worst condition you can deal after detoxication i tried paxil 20 it helped me to for social anxiety with absence of euphoria and high so considered optimum for me.. Wish God helps me to maintain positivity"

ME (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi there I’ve only been on this medication now for a week. I’ve had anxiety all my life. Panic Attacks, loss of appetite, dizzy, scared to go anywhere or be home by myself,..this all started 6 years ago. Since then I have been on so many antidepressants from Prestiq, to Zoloft, to Lexapro and so on... this is my now 6 medication and I’m praying that it helps. I'd been changing meds because of the feeling of swaying, off balance, vibrating sensation under my feet. This has been going on for years and I’ve seen all specialists out there possibly, got a different answer from all of them. My Psychiatrist is convinced it is from anxiety but unfortunately none of the above meds have helped. So I’m feeling quite lost at the moment, hoping that (Paroxetine) will help me. If anyone out there has had a similar experience or is still struggling please let me know.. greatly appreciate ❤️"

Tara October 3, 2018

For Depression: "My experience it worked for my depression however I started to experience Insomnia and really bad hives on my chest, neck and face . Unfortunate I had to stop the medication even thought for depression was great ."

tayshalee October 2, 2018

Pexeva (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Its an effective treatment for social anxiety disorder/ social phobia ! People will really find it effective if they stick with it! Love it"

Kika (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Great med - within 1 week after taking i feel improvement in my depression now I can go any where. I love it......."

syed September 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "Since April 2018, I started to suffer from severe anxiety. It was horrible because I really thought I was going to die. In order to prevent the dark tunnel of depression, my doctor suggested that I start taking Paroxetine 10 mg for 1 week, and then up the dose to 20 mg. YES the first 2 weeks I had some side effects, but then I started to feel that my anxiety is gradually disappearing. It took it around 7 weeks to fully kick in, and after 4 months I feel that I am back to my old self without weight gain or libido problems. To people having anxiety trouble, rest assured that Paroxetine works fine for anxiety, and PLEASE DO NOT play the role of the doctor with this kind of medicine, especially that during the first 2 weeks things can be confusing. However, each person is different, some people react positively with Paroxetine and some not. So keep in touch with your doctor who will guide you through the process of taking Paroxetine or another SSRI. Best of luck!!"

CS September 22, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have tried other SSRI'S, they haven't worked as well. I take it with 100mg of Wellbutrin, which completely counteract the sexual side affects for me."

JayR (taken for 10 years or more) September 21, 2018

For Depression: "My doctor realize that I am super sensitive so he knows that he has to start me off extremely low. So I was just prescribed 10 mg of Paxil but he actually just wanted me to start out taking half for a week. Which is a good idea because of how sensitive I am. Tonight after I took the half I soon got a little spacey and I became really tired and had a little bit of pressure in my head and behind my eye. But today is also the first day of my period And I sometimes get headaches with it so I don't know if it was because of the Paxil. But I dozed off for a bit and right now I feel pretty okay and I was just on my bedroom floor snuggling with my pitbull. I am just so desperate for something to work because I have been struggling so bad with such severe depression and the anxiety has manifest into crazy OCD symptoms where I am constantly checking things and washing my hands and it's making me feel crazy."

R.W. September 20, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I love it, its effective I feel better and better each day. Take it I recommend"

Minao (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Very useful to me! I can take part in social situations now!!!!! I feel less anxious I feel more stable and confident thank goodness!!!"

Ninar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I took Paxil for anxiety and depression. It worked great for the first 3 days, then suddenly everything got SO much worse than it had ever been. I had the worst dark thoughts for the first time in my life and tried to "tough it out" because I knew it could take a few weeks to work. Worst few weeks of my life. I've been off of it for 2 days and I already feel better. I'm a 22 yo female. Lexapro also did not work for me."

tiredgymgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "It changed my life!"

Lane (taken for 10 years or more) September 17, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "It helps but the side effects, the damn side effects... my vision became tired, I felt weak and my stomach went crazy and when I stopped I sometimes felt like a shock wave came out of my brain and it just confused me and I got so scared. It did not work for me"

dude (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Has helped me tremendously."

CJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2018

For Depression: "Excellent drug for depression. I am really happy and motivated now. I hope that more people with depression symptoms get educated and search for treatment. NEVER GIVE UP. THERE IS A TREATMENT FOR DEPRESSION!!"

Xenia Onatopp (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 8, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "I was on this medication first 12.5mg then up to 25mg. It's doesn't work for my SAD. Everyone is different for me Mirtazapine worked in an awesome way."

Ayush145ch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

For Anxiety: "This medicine helped me a LOT! I was suffering from anxiety, but didn't want to see a doctor and take medication. However, things got worse and I had to see a doctor. He prescribed Paxil 20mg. In the first weeks, I noticed nothing. But after 3 weeks, I started to get better and better from anxiety. Now, I don't get crazy about problems. I just relax and live a normal life, without dark and persistent thoughts like before. The only thing there is not nice in Paxil is that it can cause weight gain after 4 months of treatment."

Bond (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "3 years ago, I began having severe panic attacks alongside my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). It made me feel like I was going to die, symptoms included vomiting, diarrhea, chest tightness, irregular breathing and immobility. This escalated to me waking up almost every morning scared for my life, nauseous & vomiting. These episodes would last between 8 hours to 3 days. I could no longer intake food or water and was really underweight, I lost 30lbs. I found an amazing doctor who prescribed me 20mg of Paxil 9 months ago. Within 2 weeks, I noticed a COMPLETE change in my mood and outlook on life. I no longer wake up with panic attacks. I have had about 3 panic episodes in total since being prescribed Paxil when in comparison to when I used to wake up everyday mentally ill. When I have IBS episodes still, sometimes my anxiety surfaces while I'm in the bathroom. Aside from that, Paxil changed my life and made me such a more confident and happy person. I also successfully gained back all the weight that I lost!"

Monica August 31, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been on this drug for 3 years. It's really effective, but if you are prone to weight gain BOY will you put on weight! The biggest con is coming off them. I'm currently going from paxil to Prozac. Paxil withdrawal includes insomnia, dizziness, headaches, feeling faint, itchy skin (like you are being covered in ants), and sweating. I've come off many antidepressants in the past and this is the worst withdrawal I've had."

Beez (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2018

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I am 29 years old I am taking paxil CR. For the six years before taking paxil I tried on citalopram and Ecitalopram but they didn’t work for me. So then my Docter advised me to start on PAXIL CR. it changed my life. My depression and anxiety gone after 1 week and become a new person . But I have a bit problem whenever there are I have something stressful like an exam , interviews or any other related situation. Then I become so pressurized and stressed but this is the only problem now and my all other anxiety problems are eliminated now."

Kasham (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 29, 2018

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Started taking this about 3 weeks ago. I was having crippling anxiety symptoms. I feel much more levelled out - and don't feel affected in terms of clarity or my ability to think. My physical anxiety symptoms have much lessened and they're not a constant distraction, as they were before I was taking this. Very pleased my clinician put me on this. I've only had one possible uncommon side effect, there was a few days about a week in wherein I felt like my pupils were more dilated than usual (I would look at my pupils in the mirror and they seemed larger, but because I wasn't actually comparing this to before taking the medication, I couldn't be sure that this is what I was truly experiencing), but it was never for more than several minutes at a time; this side effect disappeared around the 2 week mark."

somebody1278 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My senior year and last semester of uni I became very stressed and was diagnosed with anxiety disorder after a couple panic attacks that I went to the hospital for (only to be turned away obv) after trying a generic paxil a week or two later my symptoms from anxiety started to fade away. I was able to take 10 to 20mg a day based on how stressful my week was going. After that semester I weaned off a bit but still went somewhat cold turkey, it all seemed fine though. I'll definitely ask for a prescription if my anxiety levels start to cause any more panic attacks ever again. I don't think this drug is the demon that many people say it is. It saved my life."

Student dude (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Was on prozac for OCD at 16 when I tried everything to avoid medication, therapy, journaling, exercise, medication, water intake a healthy diet enough sleep and it still wasn’t enough. It gave me crazy heart burn and by 17 I was on Paxil. That with mindfulness, water intake, a healthy diet and exercise has saved my life. I can’t speak for depression but for OCD it is an integral tool to help me, but be warned by itself it won’t do that well. It’s a tool not magic"

Mm (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Took 6 to 8 weeks for this to kick in fully. I suffered from severe generalized anxiety and agoraphobia. It was hard to do anything. I was in constant fear of my heart rate going high, not being able to get medical attention in certain situations and overall anxiety levels through the roof. I've tried Citalopram (Celexa) 20, 40 and 60mg and didn't work, Effexor and didn't work, Buspar and didn't work. Xanax helps and Klonopin helps. Out of those two I prefer Klonopin but they aren't meant for long term and only used them when I was really desparate. I've been on 20mg of Paroxetine (Paxil) for 4 months now and it's like I never had anxiety. I'm able to go on trips planes, cab rides, busses. I'm able to go outside and enjoy myself. I started golfing again which I love. I'm able to go to the gym and exercise and not freak out that my heart rate is high and start having a panic attack. I'm able to just live life without being in constant fear state."

LongTimeSufferer August 9, 2018

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been on it since around 1999. I had been doped up before on Xanax and sick like a dog on Buspar. 2 weeks after taking paxil I woke up from a 5 year bad dream. Here I am today almost two decades later. If it makes you feel sick after a month taking it then it's probably not right for your chemical imbalance. Buspar was that way for me. But if it's right for you you'll know it. Everything will feel normal again. No more excessive worry or constant fear of going crazy. I will say it's a commitment if it works on you. Getting off it sucks real bad but if you're like me you have no desire to go back to the nightmare. But if you don't like it just stop after a month to reduce withdraw risk. Just realize this is not a good drug to be on temporary, it's something you have to take to function until there's a cure. It's affordable without insurance too. I thank Paxil every day."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 9, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...