User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

Depression 168 reviews 80 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 2 reviews 202 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 777 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "It worked, a little too well. I became indifferent to EVERYTHING. inside it was like a part of me was screaming, but my whole body and 90% of my brain just did what it needed too. I am normally a goofy, fun loving, hyper personality. I do get bouts of seemingly unshakable depression and anxiety, but while on this medication, I noticed a change in myself... beyond the tunnel vision, and kaleidoscopic hallucinations I had when waking up in the middle of the night... every night. the final straw was was seeing my now wife, looking like she lost her best friend, as I just wasn't myself. I stopped taking the mediation, and within 2 days started singing to her again, and nothing brought a smile like that to her face until we said "I do"."

42 February 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have been taking paroxetine for about 2 yrs. I had dealt with social anxiety and depression my whole life and I'm 51 now. I could deal with it, but when I got a promotion and needed to facilitate mtgs, training etc. I would have panic attacks and it was horrible. I had tried a couple other meds. (lexipro, Prozac and they didn't help). I feel like a new person.. I actually feel ok for the first time in my life. I don't worry about what people think of me and I can actually be happy. I am so thankful to God and this drug!!"

shv51 February 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Been on Paxil for about 1 month starting my second it's been helping me a lot with my panic disorders & social experiences. My mg for Paxil is low 10mg. However, whoever is starting this medication don't get discourage it will take time for Paxil to kick in but it will be worth it at the end just set a daily reminder everyday to take it."

katharinne24 February 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "Holy Hell is exactly how I feel. I had been taking Brisdelle for 1.5 years. The hot flashes did indeed subside - however, the side affects of this medicine coupled with the fact Noven was acquired by YET another pharmaceutical company - YOU CAN'T PLACE A REP IN THE AREA, DISTRIBUTE YOUR DRUGS, AND THEN FIRE HER-AND NOT REPLACE THEREFORE there is NO medicine or support here. You dumped this drug in the Dr's hands and walked away. After calling Sebula - you act like you don't even care. You have made it impossible to obtain this. I happen to think this is illegal. I just decided to wean myself off this and Premarin. It has been nothing short of a nightmare. If you don't need this drug- DON'T START. Seriously."

HOLY HELL (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking it for 2 weeks now. I do believe it's helping me. I will post again in about 6 weeks. Typically, I get a rush of heat over me a few times a day leaving me with a drenched help and droplets of sweat on face head, neck. Now, so far so good."

CoolerMama February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Panic Disorder: "I thought nothing could stop my panic attacks I had several a day for no apparent reason. This medicine has literally saved my life I'm on day 8 and although days 1 to 5 were difficult I now feel 'normal'. I feel nothing could set me off panicking - I'm happy. It's hard at first but please stick with it"

Sjevzuk (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "Was prescribed 20mg. Its effect kicked in after 2 weeks. Felt a bit sick for about 2 days in that time. Dry mouth and a bit of pain, diarrhea but that was expected and not too bad. Then the first day of it working I felt great, my concentration was really good, I immediately noticed I was able to enjoy myself, cracking jokes etc. enjoying the hell out of my hobbies but also it was very overwhelming and day after day I got more restless until I stopped sleeping, I just laid down to slowly breathe. I lost over 10 kilos within one week and couldn't stand still or sit for even a few seconds. My mind was constantly working and overthinking things, again and again. It eventually led to psychotic episodes and I had to be rushed to a clinic."

Mr. ELL February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil worked every time for me. I wouldn't say it save my life bc I believe God saved my life. But let me tell you it brings you back to normal sanity. When your not obsessing bout your anxiety or depression or feeling sad, that's when you know you hit the jack pot. Anxiety and depression come out of no where and Paxil helped every times. Been on for 11 years on and off. This time round bout 4th time took longer and little stronger dose but hang on. I swear to YOU it gets amazing. Not better but GREAT. LIFE IS SO GOOD. SEEK HELP"

SonyaBoBonya February 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "For years I felt depressed and shy and had anxiety but was too young to understand and definitely too shy to say anything . As I got older I decided to talk to my doctor on how I was feeling . After a few years on and off of anti depressants feeling so sick I couldn't take them anymore. And now I'm 21 I have been on Paxil for about 6 months. The first month was really hard because I felt so nauseous and shaky and heart kept racing and was extremely tired . But I fought through it all . And today for the first time I feel alive , happy , loved and most importantly I feel like myself and how I should have felt along time ago. Please do not drink on this medication or any other anti depressants. It will definitely slow the process down ."

ShaniaL February 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hot Flashes: "Saw relief within 24 hours after starting Paroxetine 12.5 mg. No more hot flashes! I didn't realize how much sleep I was missing. Now I wake up rested. Take them in the am so any energy surge happens in the morning. Only having a teeny bit of nausea and loss of appetite in the evening. Drinking water helps. I'll trade that for no more hot flashes."

Flashless (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hot Flashes: "I have taken the Brisdelle for a year and a half. I LOVE IT! No side effects but it is pricey. I went to the Dr and she suggested I change to the 10mg of Paxil as it is a lot ALOT less expensive. I am going to try it but somewhat nervous about it. Is there anything I should be aware of or leery of?"

jeana berry (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Got headaches and felt tired constantly so I switched to Prozac."

Alex858 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I've been on Paxil for about 30 days. The change in my mood has been positive and very gradual. Currently I take Latuda with Paxil at night. I'm not buzzing with joy but my outlook is positive and so I think the Paxil is doing it's job.... I'm just not sure."

SF Depressed Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started on 10mg Paxil 2 months ago, and my life is changed. I was able to recognize how amazing life is without the shadow of anxiety which caused my depression. I came back to myself. My therapist recommended doing a trial of 20mg to see if my remaining anxiety issues could be subsided as well. I just started today and I feel a little more lethargic than I'd like to and I fear for my sex life. I'm going to try it for a while until my body adjusts and if I still feel out of sorts, I'm going to drop back down to 10mg. The first week or two of symptoms was pretty terrible, I was yawning excessively. VERY nauseous, tired often...but as soon as my body adjusted, an amazing sense of clarity came over me--first time in 15 years. Life changing."

LadyMadonna0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety: "Took for two days, slept a lot in and out. Felt like a zombie, lost memory, couldn't function normally. Called the Dr. after two doses , he suggested cutting the pill in half , will try soon , afraid to start again, I didn't like the effect at all , but I will try soon again. Lets hope I can tolerate better this time . I will resume tonight, praying this works. I wouldn't suggest driving at all."

bob cet January 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I absolutely HATED this medication. I have been struggling with panic attacks and major depression since I was younger. I was put on this medication for about a year and my panic attacks were not so often. The downsides of medication Is that I felt little to no emotion, And had ZERO sex drive."

MeowxD January 31, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hot Flashes: "I've been on paroxetine for a little over 3 months. My Dr told me I wouldn't see a difference in my hot flashes from this medicine until at least 2 months. My hot flashes are fierce. I get drenched at least 10 Times at night. And all through the day. I told my Dr I wanted something to work right away, so he gave me clonidine along with it, which I wasn't able to take, cause it made me to sleepy. Anyway, the praxetine did work after 2 months, as long as I don't drink alcohol."

Yny January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have had great success with Paxil. These personal comments we leave should really be considered with a 'grain of salt'. There are so many unknown variables which dictate success of a drug on one person and failure with the same drug on another person. If you read through the thread of helpful comments here you will see that there is the need to be very candid with your health care provider and be ready to try different medications until you find satisfaction. These medications DO WORK. You just have to find the right one for you. Have faith. You will find the right med for you. Life is amazing and will go on and get better!! Never give up. Every day is a new chance."

SeanfromCanada January 26, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Had withdrawal symptoms and interactions on other meds and had to come off, I had GAD but got panic attacks during that process that I could not shake off despite CBT helping somewhat. I was scared starting Paroxetine but had a good rapport with my Doctor who thought it would help me after much discussion. I took Paroxetine with my breakfast. 10mg at first now 20mg. The 20mg after a few weeks helped switch panic attacks off and stopped me fixating on subjects. I still have my senses in tact am just not as anxious. I was considering higher dose but prefer to stay low. I have my mojo back at last! Female age 56"

Soul searcher (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I don't understand why people quit after 3 days starting it. It made them too anxious or depressed - isn't this why you are taking it? It doesn't work overnight. I too am very impatient and would prefer a quick fix. But the first 2 weeks are rough but if your persevere the benefits outweigh the startup. I'm into my 3rd week and it's working really well it is like a lightbulb moment. I gave a 9 because for the life of me I cannot orgasm but I'll take that over the suicidal thoughts and feeling lifeless anyday... remember give it time your brain needs to adjust... stay strong x"

Ethan100 January 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "My depression is weird, mostly due to tapering off of and recovering from benzodiazepine dependency. I have awful anhedonia and have been watching my life crumble in slow motion over the past year. I know I needed to do something. The Paxil is a stopgap solution but so far I'm starting to climb my way out. I can't really attest to side effects. The worst I guess is a dry mouth and fuzzy thinking, but honestly, I've been depressed for so long, I can't say my thinking has been that great to begin with. I was afraid it would lower my libido and I'd have anorgasmia, but so far no. My logic is thusly, I may end up losing my job because of "personal problems". Won't it be nice if I can actually handle such an eventuality instead of giving up?"

Encouraging results so far January 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Anxiety: "I am 35 yrs old male, and I have extreme anxiety (can’t move out from the house) and panic attacks. Started 3 months ago, take only 15 mg/day: 1st week: extreme nausea from 2nd week: felt nothing, sometimes I had some light nausea, but nothing serious side effect. from 4th week: definitely felt myself better, most of my anxiety and panic attacks are gone. from 12th week: the drug shows his evil side. I don’t know why, but I feel myself like a zombie. The extreme nausea is back, I always have headache, and my appetite is totally lost. On the one hand this drug is great against anxiety, but on the other hand, has many many terrible side effects. I guess, I’ll quit, not worth it."

francooois (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "IT started in the spring of 1996. I began having stomach pains horribly EVERYDAY. Nausea. I had made a major life change in going into something with a 4 and 1 year old that I did not want to really do but my wife wanted BAD... By September of that year, I had become in such pain and lost 50lbs that my intern put me in the hospital for one week with EVERY test of the digestive system. Long story short, I left the hospital with a diagnosis of GAD and secondary IBS. Went home and didn't sleep one week, so doctor put me in a private mental home. They put me on 1mg klonopin and 20mg paxil and 50mg Trazadone for sleep. In 5 days, NO stomach problems at all. Ate 3 square meals, played ball, went to gymn. WAS ALIVE AGAIN!!!"

Anonymous January 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "For all of you writing your bad experiences on here really need to rethink the purpose of your post. Writing about an experience that is short of something you would see in an exorcism movie (head spinning, projectile vomiting, sweating, hyperventilating etc.) Be careful. You are posting in a forum of people who have diagnosed anxiety and they turn to the Internet and read these posts, that more than likely are exaggerated, breeding greater anxiety or worse making someone not take the medication. The medication was prescribed for a reason with hundreds of millions of dollars in research spent in studying it. Ranging from bacterial study to small animal study to large animal study to human trials etc. This medication is very safe."

Jacob1985 January 19, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I only started Paxil last night. I took 5mg and about 2 hours later it felt like a steel curtain had dropped on my looping intrusive thoughts. ADs have always been a problem for me. They only work to an extent and the side effects are intolerable. I'm taking Paxil long enough to hopefully bridge my way from the difficult place I'm in right now, to some place where I feel more confident and comfortable. This morning, the intrusive thoughts returned with renewed vigor. I took another 5mg and again, 2 hours later they were gone. It's surreal being present. I'm used to spending my time ruminating on the past or fearing the future. This will take some getting used to, but if this is a sign of things to come, I have hope."

Too Much Thinking January 18, 2017